Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
It's like you're implying he has the obligation to do it

I guess you could put it that way. Gentleman code, maybe?
Sometimes actions say more than words. If he'd deny her at that point, situation and state or relationship, Asuna would have to be a complete idiot to assume that he still holds interest in her as a woman.
Sep 8, 2012 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
Brakebeyn said:

Took me a few seconds to long too search for the quote, but whatever..
and I just put it into the spoiler because f**k you, that's why

Lol, ofc, i f.kin love u, alright? NOW COME OVER HERE GIMME ME SOME LÖVE YOU MARK ASS TRICK!
Sep 8, 2012 2:34 PM
Sep 2012
I wonder if he had a boner, would he have it in real world too? :D
Sep 8, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
bar raised slightly on this show for me. Still not great but decent nonetheless
Apr 2009
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:

Sometimes actions say more than words. If he'd deny her at that point, situation and state or relationship, Asuna would have to be a complete idiot to assume that he still holds interest in her as a woman.

Even though I agree with stating that IF Kirito turns down Asuna he would be worse than insensitive idiot still funny read it after discussion about sexism in 9 episode. Double standards, huh?
Oct 2010
DivisionG said:
Then stop watching the show then ... cause there's gonna be nothing left on your face to melt it you keep watching this one :(
He might enjoy hitting himself in the face?
Might be his unique way of saying BRAVO!! BRAVO!!!
Yeah, some people stomp to show approval. Others hit their chest with a fist... so why is it wrong for him to slap his own face? it might hurt, but at least he's original.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 8, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
SAO you have just redeemed yourself
well damn done.
I will be looking forward to the next few episodes.
Think I can give a legit 5/5 to this anime for the first time
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 8, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
So, would you guys say this is the best episode so far? I think it is.
Oct 2010
reve said:
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:
Even though I agree with stating that IF Kirito turns down Asuna he would be worse than insensitive idiot still funny read it after discussion about sexism in 9 episode. Double standards, huh?
There's also the fact that he was thrown off balance as he really wasn't expecting that. It's hard to remember the "proper etiquette" in such a situation.

Anyway, from the looks of it, he still "came" forward.
Friedrich Schiller

Jun 2012
therandomestguy said:
So, would you guys say this is the best episode so far? I think it is.

i'd agree with that
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 8, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
reve said:
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:

No idea what you're talking about. Sexism doesn't exist in my dictionary. There be only man (gentleman) and woman (lady), and their corresponding roles, priorities, needs, responsibilities, codes of conduct. Feminists can go die.
Sep 8, 2012 2:41 PM
Aug 2012
Best episode so far in SAO. I was waiting so long dat kirito gonna say that he loves her!! This show is getting better and better i hope It will be the same in the future.
Sep 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Feb 2012
LarsikFtw said:

I'm not entierly sure which brain signals that gives you boner. It depends really.
I mean, i know that the heart rate can increase IRL, and I'm not sure what the English name for that part of the brain that controls the heart is called. But if it's is the same, I guess he would have gotten a bowner. Sry if I'm making a fatal misstake here explaining. I'm not very good at this.
Sep 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Jun 2010
7/5 Stars for this episode. It had it all. LN Reader and love the animated version. Love Kirito and Asuna

Everything went great but they really made this all into one episode. I thought it would have been just the duel and the dying part as a cliff hanger. But now Morning Dew is next... I am guessing Volume 3 will get animated (fingers crossed)

Can't wait to meet Yui and SAO ftw lol
Sep 8, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Scoops said:
LarsikFtw said:

I'm not entierly sure which brain signals that gives you boner. It depends really.
I mean, i know that the heart rate can increase IRL, and I'm not sure what the English name for that part of the brain that controls the heart is called. But if it's is the same, I guess he would have gotten a bowner. Sry if I'm making a fatal misstake here explaining. I'm not very good at this.
I like how you answered him seriously. Ahahaha.
Sep 8, 2012 2:43 PM

Jul 2009
Ajunky said:
There's also the fact that he was thrown off balance as he really wasn't expecting that. It's hard to remember the "proper etiquette" in such a situation.

Not sure if one needs a vigilant state of mind in order to remember such basic things. It's not like people often forget to breathe after being thrown off balance. (does happen though, I bet)
Sep 8, 2012 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
Demonspeed said:
Does original body be pregnant?

Huh??What kind of question is this?

Of course not, what was the last time anyone got pregnant through the internet? Optic fibre is not a very good way to transfer sperm cells, you know...
Pan151Sep 8, 2012 2:50 PM
Sep 8, 2012 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

>Gentlemen code
That's exactly what I don't understand. He clearly said that he didn't meant what she though it was. He was saying the truth to her, it's her fault only if she misunderstood.
It's not like I totally disagree with you, but making him a idiot for that just ins't fair.
Sep 8, 2012 2:45 PM

Oct 2010
1idd0kun said:
Fiji said:
There is no way they can sex there in Aincrad, all online game character always retains their underwares if you remove their armor, so it is impossible. Ahahaha!

They did have sex.
Yeah but can it count like in IRL? That's the question.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2012 2:46 PM

Feb 2012
sbg711 said:
Ajunky said:

Not sure if one needs a vigilant state of mind in order to remember such basic things. It's not like people often forget to breathe after being thrown off balance. (does happen though, I bet)

What if he was busy starring at her wonderful body?
Apr 2009
sbg711 said:

No idea what you're talking about. Sexism doesn't exist in my dictionary. There be only man (gentleman) and woman (lady), and their corresponding roles, priorities, needs, responsibilities, codes of conduct. Feminists can go die.

I wasn't talking about personally you. Still it's funny because all women remembering word "sexism" only in time when it benefits them. And even in discussion of anime this double standards are present.
Though I completely agree with your position
Oct 2010
sbg711 said:
Ajunky said:

Don't underestimate that, a good punch to the gut and some people do stop breathing, for a second or two...
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 8, 2012 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
I actually thought the fight between Kirto and Heathcliff was pretty good. Nice and short. Aside from that, it was a pretty good episode, but why the hell did Kirito even bother sacrificing himself to save Asuna. She could just dodge and grab the sword only a few feet away.
Sep 8, 2012 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
1idd0kun said:
Fiji said:
There is no way they can sex there in Aincrad, all online game character always retains their underwares if you remove their armor, so it is impossible. Ahahaha!

They did have sex.

First of all, Asuna clearly didn't retain her underwear in the bed scene.

Second, I'm not sure if it counts, but it sure as hell is a good practice before the real deal :p
Sep 8, 2012 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
Well, that was certainly interesting.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 8, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
1idd0kun said:
Fiji said:

They did have sex.

"can it count like in IRL?"
Well, since we never have ever never in this world ever bumped in to this issue, it's really hard to tell.
There isn't really a "right" or "wrong" answer to that question. Depends on what you think of it yourself.

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
1idd0kun said:
Fiji said:

They did have sex.

No. It doesn't.

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

>Gentlemen code
That's exactly what I don't understand. He clearly said that he didn't mean what she thinks. He was saying the truth to her, it's her fault only if she misunderstood.
It's not like I totally disagree with you, but making him a idiot for that just ins't fair.

Abolishing a girl's expectations, especially regarding such sensitive matters as love-making, and in addition, putting her into an utterly awkward situation is something a gentleman would do? It doesn't matter whether she misunderstood him or not. You just don't, unless you're a complete idiot.
Sep 8, 2012 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
AzylSagara said:
sbg711 said:

Good job for pre-marital sex.
They still marry after so it does not matter. The message is still good enough for kids.

IF YOU HAVE SEX THEN MARRY! Pretty much.

Sep 8, 2012 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
Well, it's not like they'd lose their virginity doing it online... or does the nervegear has some hidden function that was never announced???
Sep 8, 2012 2:53 PM

Jul 2009
Paul said:
Well, it's not like they'd lose their virginity doing it online... or does the nervegear has some hidden function that was never announced???

I'd crack some jokes about that but I'll withhold

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

NO NO NO! LET ME CORRECT YOU THERE!

"IF YOU HAVE SEX IN A VIRITUAL WORLD THEN MARRY! Pretty much."

Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
AzylSagara said:
sbg711 said:

They still marry after so it does not matter. The message is still good enough for kids.

We don't know for sure if they married or not, but there is a Very Very high percentage of it happening, We just need to wait for 6 more volumes to come out.

Jul 2008
A part of me really wished that Kirito and Asuna went back to tell the Guild what happened. With both Godfrey and Kuradeel gone, especially with Kuradeel having been apart of that criminal guild, it might have been wiser to do so.

Then again maybe not.
Sep 8, 2012 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

Abolishing a girl's expectations, especially regarding such sensitive matters as love-making, and in addition, putting her into an utterly awkward situation is something a gentleman would do? It doesn't matter whether she misunderstood him or not. You just don't, unless you're a complete idiot.

Like I said, I don't completely disagree with you. But let's ramake our points for the sake of the discussion.

You clearly said:

If a guy do that, the girls refuses, that's okay.
If a girl do that, the guy refuses, he's a idiot.

See where I'm going? I understand your point of being awful and clearly disappointment to Asuna as a girl. But while it might seems something normal in society, guys also feel this awful feeling of disappointment. So it is unfair for him to be the only one that "idiot applies" just because he's the guy.
Sep 8, 2012 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
PuppyFucker said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It got better later on with Asuna facials in the spoiler
whom are blushing good.
That was sort of misleading. I was really looking forward to seeing Asuna facials
They were still adorable really. Best of Asuna there, it's like she was a happy fresh non-virgin being satisfied of Kirito's love. Well according to my IMO. That's all. Notice the blushing and emotional feedback it's supposed to convey.

Sep 8, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
SpectralWonder said:
A part of me really wished that Kirito and Asuna went back to tell the Guild what happened. With both Godfrey and Kuradeel gone, especially with Kuradeel having been apart of that criminal guild, it might have been wiser to do so.

OR just send a message to da leader.
sbg711 said:
Paul said:

I'd crack some jokes about that but I'll withhold

The NervGear makes your hymen explode into pieces.
Sep 8, 2012 2:56 PM

Jun 2010
DivisionG said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AzylSagara said:
sbg711 said:

We don't know for sure if they married or not, but there is a Very Very high percentage of it happening, We just need to wait for 6 more volumes to come out.
They did marry in SAO.
Sep 8, 2012 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
Pan151 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
1idd0kun said:
Fiji said:

They did have sex.

First of all, Asuna clearly didn't retain her underwear in the bed scene.

Second, I'm not sure if it counts, but it sure as hell is a good practice before the real deal :p
Yes it is indeed, that much I agree with you.
DivisionG said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AzylSagara said:
sbg711 said:

The end damn sure gives way RED FLAGS of foreshadows IMO here:End Art in the spoiler
that is so bait into thinking it will so happen.

Sep 8, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

>Gentlemen code
That's exactly what I don't understand. He clearly said that he didn't mean what she thinks. He was saying the truth to her, it's her fault only if she misunderstood.

That's still double standards, don't really have anything to do with feminism. If Kirito was wanting sex, but Asuna was like "Wut?", it would be the same thing. Him being a "gentlemen" doesn't change that. So a girl wanting sex is a required follow-thru, but a guy can get rejected? How is that NOT double standards....
Sep 8, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:

You clearly said:

If a guy do that, the girls refuses, that's okay.
If a girl do that, the guy refuses, he's a idiot.

See where I'm going? I understand your point of being awful and clearly disappointment to Asuna as a girl. But while it might seems something normal in society, guys also feel this awful feeling of disappointment. So it is unfair for him to be the only one that "idiot applies" just because he's the guy.

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be growing more clueless by the day.
TsundereppoiSep 8, 2012 3:09 PM
Sep 8, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2012
im back, surely the dirty jokes have stopped now. <_<

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her, it was clearly a misunderstanding and it would be wrong of him to just take advantage of it, Asuna was a bit reluctant but she was willing to if kirito really meant it but he didn't.

Also its clear that kirito doesn't want Asuna to dirty her hands with murder, so he did the awful deed himself and just wanted to be comforted after his life and death situation. You could also infer that he wanted to protect Asuna's "innocence", that he didn't want her to be dirtied with murder and have regrets when she clearly hesitated about taking a life, so you could say he was again protecting her "innocence" by not taking advantage of the misunderstanding and making her do something she was reluctant to do.

Kirito and Asuna's love is more of a innocent love than a lustful love for each other's bodies, i don't see why everyone suddenly wants them to have sex when their just not ready for it and are saying that kirito isn't in love with her when he cares deeply about her and is willing to give his life for her and when asuna is willing to do anything for him even if she is shy about it.

ok end of rant, this is mainly me reading between the lines <_<
Sep 8, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

I guess putting the guy in an akward situation instead is totally ladylike...

Why is it that girls and boys have to be judged by different standards all the time? You know, there are a couple things that have to be done in between "I wanna stay with you tonight" and "Come **** me already"...
If that scene was done the other way round, people would be calling Kirito things somewhere between "pervert" and "rapist", but because it's the girl it's somehow his obligation to get his pants down asap.

And to think feminism still exists... Oh, humanity never ceases to disappoint me =___________________=
Sep 8, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
That lucky Kirito... gets to do it even inside an online game. damn im jealous lol.

Jan 2008
More like.. if you guys want to see them have sex so bad, just go one of the many doujinshi or something.

Jul 2009
AsadaShino said:

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her

Please explain my picture and my post about nitpicking.

Pan151 said:
sbg711 said:

Why is it that girls and boys have to be judged by different standards all the time? You know, there are a couple things that have to be done in between "I wanna stay with you tonight" and "Come **** me already"...
If that scene was done the other way round, people would be calling Kirito things somewhere between "pervert" and "rapist", but because it's the girl it's somehow his obligation to get his pants down asap.

And to think feminism still exists... Oh, humanity never ceases to disappoint me =___________________=

Oh boy. Like I said, clueless people everywhere.
Sep 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be growing more clueless by the day.

A guy opening a door to a girl is something.
A guy having the obligation to make sex with her is something else.

Like I said, I don't completely disagree with you. But using that logic is simply that Asuna is being beneficent alone by the rules.
Sep 8, 2012 3:07 PM
Apr 2009
sbg711 said:

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be grow more clueless by the day.

I don't believe it. Sane person in internet.

AsadaShino said:
im back, surely the dirty jokes have stopped now. <_<

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her, it was clearly a misunderstanding and it would be wrong of him to just take advantage of it, Asuna was a bit reluctant but she was willing to if kirito really meant it but he didn't.

Also its clear that kirito doesn't want Asuna to dirty her hands with murder, so he did the awful deed himself and just wanted to be comforted after his life and death situation. You could also infer that he wanted to protect Asuna's "innocence", that he didn't want her to be dirtied with murder and have regrets when she clearly hesitated about taking a life, so you could say he was again protecting her "innocence" by not taking advantage of the misunderstanding and making her do something she was reluctant to do.

Kirito and Asuna's love is more of a innocent love than a lustful love for each other's bodies, i don't see why everyone suddenly wants them to have sex when their just not ready for it and are saying that kirito isn't in love with her when he cares deeply about her and is willing to give his life for her and when asuna is willing to do anything for him even if she is shy about it.

ok end of rant, this is mainly me reading between the lines <_<

It's perfectly normal for them to have sex. Or not having sex. It's normal either way. And all this talk about "innocent love" or "lustful love". It's normal to want to have sex with the person you love in romantical way. This is the nature of humans and it's stupid to deny it.
Sep 8, 2012 3:07 PM

May 2011
Asuna's fanservice is SOOO STUNNING!!!
Sep 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Jan 2011
Pan151 said:

This
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.