Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »
Jan 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Starting off the duel was kind of lame; wish there was a bit more action. I really liked that the main character(s) actually killed someone so that was unpredictable for me (thought it would be an anime where main characters don't kill anyone which I hate)

The relationship advances way too fast I mean from "I want to be with you" to kissing to implied/jokingly sleeping together to getting married in a SINGLE episode. I mean slow down sheesh. If they wanted this outcome by this episode there should have been a kiss before this episode.

I'm really starting to dislike Asuna for being a whiny crybaby.Cliches seem to falling down left and right

Overall 1/5
Puzzle Time, When is my birthday? 22-8-222/
9-666-3
5-66-4-3-3/
9-666-3
666-8-666-3
666-8-666-3
44-8-444-3/
Answer is on profile but see if you can figure it out first! HINT: KEYBOARD

Jan 25, 2016 7:01 AM
Jan 2016
This anime is really good. But the year should be around 2050-2060, because of that ultra-real world simulation.
They must have to use ultra-powerful quantum computers to generate all that world with all particles n stuff. Also, the PC must analyze terabytes of data from the brain collected by NerveGear every 1/60 of a second, cause that is the refresh rate.
So the quantum PCs must be so damn poweful.
Also, about their bodies being unconscious for 2 years, they must have made some intravenous feeding, like in hospital, for their physical bodies to survive.
Mar 29, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
BOY THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

Also lmao @ the last scene

First Asuna be like "Kirito said he wants to spend the night, that totally means he wants to have sex and I don't want to but Imma do it anyway"

And then she be like "Kirito is so rude, he doesn't see me as a fuckhole so I gotta punch him in the face even though I didn't want to have sex in the first place"

Get over yourself

Seriously
Comic_SansMar 29, 2016 9:00 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 13, 2016 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
Comic_Sans said:
BOY THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

Also lmao @ the last scene

First Asuna be like "Kirito said he wants to spend the night, that totally means he wants to have sex and I don't want to but Imma do it anyway"

And then she be like "Kirito is so rude, he doesn't see me as a fuckhole so I gotta punch him in the face even though I didn't want to have sex in the first place"

Get over yourself

Seriously

I think you misunderstood.

Yes, Asuna absolutely WANTED to have sex with him. She was waiting for this for a long time. She misunderstood his words.
When she realized that she misunderstood his words, she got really embarassed and was angry that he didn't express himself more clearly. It wasn't about rudeness. It was about embarassment, all the way.

And then they had sex anyway.

+10 :D

Apr 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Chiibi said:
I think you misunderstood.

Yes, Asuna absolutely WANTED to have sex with him. She was waiting for this for a long time. She misunderstood his words.
When she realized that she misunderstood his words, she got really embarassed and was angry that he didn't express himself more clearly. It wasn't about rudeness. It was about embarassment, all the way.

And then they had sex anyway.

+10 :D
So now it's his fault that he gets smacked in the face?

Sorry, "but she got embarrassed" is not an excuse
TyrelApr 13, 2016 2:46 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 13, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2008
Comic_Sans said:

Lol well, the game's violation code kicked in so he didn't actually get hit. The anime makes that a little unclear.

I agree. Girls should not punch boys because they are embarassed about their mistakes. It's not a trope I'm fond of. Regardless, I laughed because the timing was so funny. Delayed reaction.

Apr 13, 2016 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Lol well, the game's violation code kicked in so he didn't actually get hit. The anime makes that a little unclear.

I agree. Girls should not punch boys because they are embarassed about their mistakes. It's not a trope I'm fond of. Regardless, I laughed because the timing was so funny. Delayed reaction.
Good thing we agree about something at least
Nico- said:
Apr 21, 2016 4:10 AM

Jan 2016
Now this is Starting to happen!! Soooo exiting!! took you long enough 😂
Dead_By_HeartApr 21, 2016 4:33 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 20, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Wow this is dumb. Is the main character afraid of pussy or something? Jeeze that was super lame.

This is by far the most cliche anime I have ever seen.
Jun 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2016

Awwww...I absolutely loved the scene pictured above. I love when the girl protects the guy. My heart just melted.

I like how they both saved each other's lives in the same span of a few minutes, and I love how they kissed afterwards. However, the one part I didn't like was the marriage proposal. To go from virtually no candid expression of feelings to each other to a marriage proposal in the same damn episode is unreal. They didn't even try to build up to it. This episode would have likely been an 8.5/10 for me would that not have been the case....but instead,

6/10
Jul 16, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
Asuna would have never believed Kuradeel's cover story of Kirito and Godfree being killed by red player bandits. She would of went full rage on Kuradeel killing him first chance she got.
Aug 1, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2016
Kiritu lost the duel, just as i thought.
But this episode was beatiful, and Asuna got it wrong, totally XD
Aug 16, 2016 11:39 AM
Jun 2016
At first I was like "Kirito you god damn beta.. Your girl is there in her underwear in front of you."

But then I was like "..Atta boy."

Also, Asuna's reaction to the marriage 'proposal' totally made me melt.
Aug 20, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2014
Not bad, though the outcome is predictable, it was at least more enjoyable than the previous episodes.
Nov 6, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2016
i just love this episode really, this is the best episode in the series, i love this Anime !!
Nov 22, 2016 2:52 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Awww this kiss <3 I am a bit envy xD

Jan 9, 2017 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
WOW SHE MISUNDERSTOOD HIM AND PUNCHED HIM

WACKY HIJINKS
Mar 18, 2017 8:07 AM

Jan 2017
Kirito kiss Asuna is very excellent after defeat Kuradeel again who used magical crystal medicine. I really like 2 couples (Kirito X Asuna).

11/10 scores
Apr 6, 2017 7:28 AM

May 2016
I sighed with Kirito when I saw inside the bag that it is not Asuna's sandwich :/ xD

By the way, Asuna reminds me of Hancock in One Piece because she's a girl who will kick your ass if you done something wrong with her lover xD. That moment though when Kirito said that she want to be with Asuna tonight and I know what will happen. The plot, you know what I'am talking about right?? xD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I thought they will go to a motel and do some lewd things, that's what come to my mind from the first xD.

When Kirito said "Lets get married". I squealed so hard!!!!. Damn!! They grow up so fast :'(.
May 13, 2017 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
Kirito got owned two times in a row :D

That kiss tho, came pretty unexpected, don't know if I'm up for romance in this show. And boy, that slap was totally undeserved, who the fuck told her to put off her clothes ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2009
Holy shit this cartoon. This fucking cartooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Ok, deep breaths, deep breaths. This was one hell of an episode.

So here's the issue at hand. If Kirito wins, Asuna gets her leave from the guild. If Commander Heathcliff *snrk* wins, Kirito has to JOIN THE GUILD

Kirito could just turn down the duel and just walk away with his Perfect Waifu in his arms. But noooo, someone had the nerve to go all "1v1 me scrub" on him. The gall. What an insult.

The proper duel is also a mess. There is some nice animation, but the fight corehography is just two people swinging their swords in every direction except the opponent's unguarded spots. Kirito compliments ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Commander Heathcliff*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ for his impenetrable defense, but the only thing Kirito ever hit was his shield! When SAO has to show fights against big monsters there are no problems, but when it comes to fights between people that's when it gets implausible. And of course, since this is a dumb battle shonen at its heart, the only way ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Commander Heathcliff*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ can win this fight is by being even more overpowered than the main character. He even gave Kirito a "you made me assume my ultimate form" mile-long stare after he wins.

But that moment had nothing against what happens next! Oh boy, this has to be seen to be believed. Kuradeel makes his reappearance and you know just from his fake courtesy that he plans to do something EEEEEEVIL. What I didn't know was that Kuradeel is basically Doctor Murder, an evil supervillain with the power of murder, and he was a spy from the Evil Murdering Assholes guild. How convenient!

I don't even know what to say about this scene, and it makes up most of this episode. This guy doesn’t make any sense. Nothing can justify the way his character was portrayed this episode. This is all just designed to be momentarily shocking, but it isn’t, because none of this is grounded in anything. This seems like a parody of itself, or at least a teenage's idea of gruesome drama. It's also ridden with a thousand plot holes, like, why do players suddenly feel pain? How is it possible to be part of two guilds at once? How did nobody catch this guy since the UI changes automatically if you kill a player? What is Kuradeel's motive? Does he kill because he's Murder Man and that's what he does, or it's actually “Kirito made me look bad in front of a girl I like, thus I KILL TWO MEN”? Even if Kirito could legitimately block with his wrist, why didn't he just go for the hands? Also, Kuradeel is so obviously out of reach of Asuna, his initial target. What was he even hitting? The ground?

Oh yeah, and it's Asuna to come to the rescue. She just happened to follow Kirito for hours and miles. How doubly convenient! Too bad that she's not the one to kill Kuradeel, cause that would make sense, instead he does the obivious villain thing, that is grovel to the ground begging for mercy and then sucker punch the fool, so Kirito has to go to her rescue. Again.

Then, the craziest, dumest thing I've ever seen in an anime happens. Just right after Kirito kills Kuradeel, he turns back and deepthroats Asuna.
Then he declares his love for her. Right after he murdered a man.
Then he just goes:"I want to spend the night alone with you." Right after he murdered a man.
And Asuna accepts. I guess there's just something about this mood, or maybe she smelled Kirito's manly murder musk, I dunno.
AND THEN THEY GO DRINK FUCKING TEA AND HAVE SEX AS IF NOTHING EVER HAPPENED!

Man, this is some monkey paw shit. For all these years of anime I hated and criticized all those spineless, uncommitted pieces of human garbage that is the harem comedy protagonist, and I always hoped that someday someone would make an anime where the protagonist actually commits to be in a relationship with a girl and that they would show how their love life goes and not just stop at the declaration of love.

And now my wishes have been granted. Except the anime in question is fucking Sword Art Online and the main character just proposed to Asuna right after they fucking murdered a man. I know somewhere one finger of a monkey paw just curled.

I'm not even commenting the WACKY ANIME MISUNDERSTANDING and Asuna undressing in front of Kirito and going "Please don't look". That's super dumb but at least I've seen this shit too many times to care. It's the rest of the episode that destroyed me.
Arashi89Aug 25, 2018 1:06 PM
Nov 10, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2017
Jesus, this episode. The first part is just a silly fight, but the second one is pure "gold". I'm not fond of using images, but seriously guys, seriously

this is the purest definition of a 1-d villain. The guy is bad and that's all you gotta know about him. He wants to kill and that's it. And suddenly the salvation comes out of nowhere, killing all the tension if there was any. Hell, the guy even made a Freeza movement of 'HAHA, YOU BELIEVE IN ME, BUT I'M STILL EVIL' bs, jesus. And now what? Are they gonna marry? Oh c'mon man, it's becoming harder and harder to take it seriously. 2/5
LumsiNov 10, 2017 11:44 AM
Dec 8, 2017 2:58 AM

Sep 2015
That near death kiss lol
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jan 1, 2018 3:51 PM
Nov 2017
I enjoyed this episode. Also glad to see that bitch get rekt.
Jan 6, 2018 4:15 PM
Jun 2015
Loving this relationship between Kirito and Asuna! And that plot twist though! Brilliant ep.
May 21, 2018 12:09 AM

May 2018
Without any doubt the best episode yet. I was pretty sure he would lose against Heathcliff but it was still enjoyable. The paralysis was unexpected and the fact that Kirito killed someone will hunt him I think.

The end was quite predictable but it must be the only thing I didn't enjoyed as much since Kirito's reaction was quite stupid in my opinion.
Apr 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2018
I don’t know about the rest of you guys but getting my hand chopped off puts me in one romantic mood.
May 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2017
I'm a bit surprised that Kirito would lose against Heathcliff. At least Kuradeel is dead. I hate him.

Well, that scaled quickly. So, Kirito X Asuna is canon. Idk why everyone hates him in the anime community. He is more interesting that Saitama, a fucking gag character. Y'all jealous of Kirito.

5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 15, 2019 9:54 AM
May 2019
Arashi89 said:
So here's the issue at hand. If Kirito wins, Asuna gets her leave from the guild. If Commander Heathcliff *snrk* wins, Kirito has to JOIN THE GUILD

truly the end of humanity
Jun 14, 2020 2:13 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What an episode, for all the wrong reasons. The commander probe ly rigged the game to evade Kirito's finisher.
Jul 24, 2020 12:31 AM
Apr 2020
Love this episode.

From reading the other posts in this thread, I wasn't looking too deeply into this episode. Sure the Heathcliff duel seemed a bit glossed over and over hyped but I think it says more about Heathcliff and his role in all of Aincrad/SAO. Emotions just got caught and ran away with what happened in the episode. It's a very sweet episode overall.

The end song playing in the background while Kirito proposes to Asuna is just perfect.
Aug 13, 2020 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
Kirito is an idiot.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Aug 16, 2020 8:14 AM

Jun 2020
as much as i enjoyed this episode

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY LMFAOOOOOO

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 28, 2020 8:23 AM

Dec 2018
That duel was a catfight.

There were zero stakes in that duel, the only thing that changed was the colour of Kirito's coat.

I've said this in the previous episodes, their relationship is so boring and empty. It's just words like "I'll protect you no matter what" coming out of thin air. Literally last episode she risked her life to save some nobodies in which Krito had to step in to protect her.

Should I even talk about Kuradeel, the most EVIL person to ever exist? Oh, the horror....... The cringe was insane, I had to take cringe-breaks to continue.

Ah, such an empty kiss. Ah, the legendary Asuna undressing scene that everyone has seen out of context, too bad it led to Tsundere joke. But, they apparently still had sex.[Now I know why this is the most groundbreaking Isekai, self-insert franchise ever]. And yes I know about the infamous chapter 16.5. Which I am going to have a field day with.

"Let's get married". Too soon Kirito, too soon. At this point, the creators are not even trying to make the relationship more memorable except for being cute.
Nov 24, 2020 7:48 AM

Aug 2020
Woah things escalated pretty quickly but alright then.

Feb 13, 2021 9:43 PM
Jun 2020
Was excited for my man Kirito to get some action but he cucks himself... smh. At least he wants to marry her
Feb 25, 2021 8:22 PM

Jun 2020
kirito with new suit , i like this suit i think it fits him, also whats wrong that crazy dude? thank god that asuna came in , that kiss is beautiful
and i think they will marry at the end , new favorite couple

Mar 13, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2019
I lost all my respect for Kirito after this. Refusing a half naked girl just like that.
Mar 19, 2021 6:14 PM
Mar 2021
Creepy dude almost kills Kirito but Asuna comes to the rescue. Knew something bad was going to happen when they took the crystals. LOL @ the misunderstanding. Kirito and Asuna nit only kiss but are planning to get married. Quite the jump holy shit lol
Apr 11, 2021 2:15 PM
Dec 2020
Apr 11, 2021 10:15 PM
Sep 2013
Probably one of my fav episode in S1!
Apr 30, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2020
PumaZ3TA said:
I lost all my respect for Kirito after this. Refusing a half naked girl just like that.

Uh.. he didn't refuse in the end though? He was just trying to be a gentleman initially. It's quite a comedic scene but it ended well imo.

rahul93k said:
Probably one of my fav episode in S1!

Possibly my favourite episode of the whole title, actually probably any anime period!
Jul 16, 2021 3:37 AM
Apr 2020
Good ep, I can only imagine what they did at the end
Oct 3, 2021 3:58 AM
Feb 2021
Kiss was awesome and Misunderstanding was hilarious but To be honest by this point they had done it a plenty which are implied in side story called Sugary days disregarding 16.5 which is non canon. They might have had even done IRL as they were stargazing in movie being lovey dovey putting ring outside the tent just two of them.
Nov 16, 2021 5:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
First, Kirito lost with some unknown moves, then he joined the guild, then he did some walking, then ofc there's some dumb-muscle-too-much-free guy and the villain was still a villain no matter what. Then, Kirito forgot about the cliche, and almost died, but then Asuna saved him, turned them into a messed up player by executed the joke dude in the end. Guess what after then? They kissed, had a good night after, and prepare to be married soon later. I was bamboozled, like Asuna face when Kirito denied the invitation to laid on at those unexpected timing. The turn of event escalated too quickly. Not that bad, just out of my poor expectations against this.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 6, 2021 2:23 PM

Jul 2017
That was...... an episode. Yeah, the romance stuff in this series is some of the worst I've seen in anime, while trying to be a genuine one too and not some gimmick or fucked up tag to throw it off. Even Kuradeel's character here was just.... awful.
Dec 31, 2021 10:04 PM

Apr 2020
And Kirito is a bust, he's a fluke, lost to Heathcliff, became a part of a Guild. Then got set up once again by Heda whoever the hell, and almost got killed, but Asuna saved his life, and Kirito went in for the final blow.

With all that being said, OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IT IS REAL, KIRITO X ASUNA IS OFFICIALLY REAL. Man I have seen this clip way back in 2020, and finally I got to see the true thing. It's funny though that Kirito did not undress just because he has a BONER...but it's so sus with Asuna covering herself with those sheets, have they did did done it?

Either way, I don't fucking care, they're going to get married and everything. And with me sitting on my sofa, watching 10 straight episodes of SAO on Netflix, with no sleep at all in this first day of 2022, I am satisfied!!!
Jan 23, 2022 1:19 AM

Aug 2018
Kirito turning down sex... damn he really is a beta! Jk, but yeah.

I like how they are getting married, its so lovely.

Aug 13, 2022 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
I find it a tad strange that they progressed the blooming romance between Kirito and Asuna to the max right after Kirito "killed" someone. Usually something like that would be a buzzkill, lol.

Speaking of a fast-moving plot, does relocating to a zone for a certain time period need to involve marriage? This, if anything, feels the most forced.

Imagine you didn't regen limbs. Kirito would have just taken something akin to taking a bullet for Asuna. What a lad, yo.

Pages (26) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.