Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2012 4:20 PM
Aug 2012
Any speculation guys, I personally think Yozora but on mangafox the majority seems to be in favor of Sena D:.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 11, 2012 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
I'd really like him to end up with sena.
altho she acts cool and shit, she's just a girl inside...lol
Sep 28, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2012
I personally don't really like Sena, so I will want him to end up with Yozora. But from the look of how everything goes, Yozora is probably just a good friend of Kodaka in the end. Sena and Kodaka are actually "engaged" because of the works of their father. It is hard to decide, but I do hope whoever Kodaka ends up with in the end their kid will not have those terrible hair he has.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Oct 22, 2012 12:05 AM
Oct 2012
Possible Spoiler for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai+ (Plus)

I want it to be Sena but it will be Yozora. If you read the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai+, Sena and Yazora's roles change in the story in terms of who he the protagonist met first and who joined second. Sena met him first in the Plus manga and ended up with him so I can only assume that in the real story line where Yozora meets him first that she will end up with the protagonist.

It's too bad, although Sena is an interesting character, she seems likely to not develop as a character (static character) while Yozora's will change (dynamic character) just due in part to "Taka" realizing she's "Sora."
Oct 22, 2012 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
cramman said:
Possible Spoiler for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai+ (Plus)

I want it to be Sena but it will be Yozora. If you read the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai+, Sena and Yazora's roles change in the story in terms of who he the protagonist met first and who joined second. Sena met him first in the Plus manga and ended up with him so I can only assume that in the real story line where Yozora meets him first that she will end up with the protagonist.

It's too bad, although Sena is an interesting character, she seems likely to not develop as a character (static character) while Yozora's will change (dynamic character) just due in part to "Taka" realizing she's "Sora."

Not trying to be a dick but spoiler tags are useful, they're in the BBCode link when you comment. :D
Although I prefer Sena, because I like her relationship with Kodaka better.
Oct 22, 2012 12:40 AM
Oct 2012
My bad, I did make my first line saying that it was a spoiler (also that was my first post, I'm new, it's my second day on this thing). I can't see this "BBc code" you speak of so I'll be sure to caps lock and "***" (star) the crap out of it next time haha
Nov 2, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh i like them both but i prefer Sena and i have to admit that cramman is right about this one. I liked Boku wa... + with Sena as the heroine :D but we'll see :P
Nov 4, 2012 6:41 AM

Jun 2012
Both..... Just kidding.
I like both Sena and yozora so i can't choose. I also agree with cramman that it will most likely be yozora.

Why cant it just go on like it is forever.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 18, 2012 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
Fallenkingzero said:
Both..... Just kidding.
I like both Sena and yozora so i can't choose. I also agree with cramman that it will most likely be yozora.

Why cant it just go on like it is forever.

That's actually the central problem in the series.

CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE NOVELS. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO READ THE NOVELS FUCKING DUMBASS

Sena actually is far more likely to win at this point
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 18, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
Just saw a reply and thought I would continue the conversation. I have not read the novel only the manga which is still not that far in and watched s1 of the anime. That's probably why i like it the way it is . I took a quick look at the first part of the spoiler and I can understand what you mean about that being the problem. That's why I rarely read novels because they get far enough into the actual story for problems seriouse problems to show up. For me right now I liked s1 of the anime a lot and I just diddnt want a big change.

Nov 18, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Well aren't most Harem anime that way!? To Love ru and all of it's clones.

The difference is that Kodaka unconsciously understands this that is:

If you read the novels, you will understand much more that why Sena is far more likely to win. This Novel broke the Harem Genre that was set by To Love-Ru, which is basically always staying at one point. It's more of a work of art than a fanservice machine like most harem are, with generic personalities. Almost all of the personalities(bar Maria) are vastly different than most of the harem series.

I kind of want to explain it to you, though you will have to read through spoilers.

I am glad that Sena is more likely to win, because I don't really like Yozora! All she had with her to be with Kodaka was really the fact that she was the childhood friend.

and the following is a MAJOR spoiler

Nov 19, 2012 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
Damn now i really want to read the spoilers but i wont because i once almost ruined a anime for myself by doing so.(very stupid) As i said i like both so no matter who wins i could live with it. To me besides the main story i like the things they do like when they played monster hunter and how almost everybody is afraid of Kodaka. What's everyones opion(spelling error) on the new style in which the chracters are drawn.

Nov 19, 2012 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
Hmmm... I am not so sure if you will have the same opinion if you read the light novel, which, are much better. The Anime Doesn't do the LN justice >_<

It makes it seem generic, but better than generic. Oh whatever, I guess we will see what happens in the new season, I hope Kate shows up though, she's my favorite now.
Nov 21, 2012 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
yeah i hope its as good as season 1 maybe ill check out the LN one of these days.

Nov 27, 2012 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Hmmm... I am not so sure if you will have the same opinion if you read the light novel, which, are much better. The Anime Doesn't do the LN justice >_<

It makes it seem generic, but better than generic. Oh whatever, I guess we will see what happens in the new season, I hope Kate shows up though, she's my favorite now.

In terms of anime vs manga which do you think does the better adaption of the Ln? The only LN I read is the haruhi novels that yen press brings, I hate reading on the pc.
Nov 27, 2012 6:08 PM

Sep 2011
TiagoCosta said:
GodlyKyon said:

In terms of anime vs manga which do you think does the better adaption of the Ln? The only LN I read is the haruhi novels that yen press brings, I hate reading on the pc.

Get a kindle LOL. I think the manga does a great job of adapting the feeling of the story. The art in definitely better in the anime, but the manga is fun to read overall.
Nov 27, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
I'm old school. the problem is not being portable or not, is the feel of the book makes it better (and it helps me not worsening even more my eyes :/).

Anyway, thanks. I watched the first season, will watch the second. I brought the first volume of the manga but I was curious to know the opinion of someone who read the source material. (the art of the manga has some charm to it, it's not buriki but its fine).

on topic.
Personally I ship Sena... not that it matters lol but it seems to have a better chemistry with Kodaka.
Apr 7, 2014 12:53 PM

Feb 2012
I personally prefer Yozora with Kodaka, but it seems that majority likes Sena more.
May 10, 2014 9:02 AM
May 2014
I am a Yozora fan so i want Yozora but see how it goes there was much development between Kodaka and Sena.
Jan 2, 2015 2:21 AM

Sep 2014
I'm rooting for Kodaka x Sena.
CasyleMar 12, 2016 2:25 PM
May 10, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2015
I hope he ends up with Sena.
Did anyone else hate the ending of Next? I thought it sucked with its indecisiveness and how Kodaka didn't even get to address Sena...
"It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world."
Sep 18, 2015 10:24 AM
Aug 2015
Novel Debut Chapter 1
Manga Debut Chapter 1
Anime Debut Episode 1
Contents[show]
Neighbor's Club membersEdit
Yozora MikazukiEdit
Kodaka initially didn't know that Yozora was his childhood and very first friend. Although Yozora recognized him immediately when she first saw him entering class late, she did not comment on anything even after being in the same club.

Kodaka is always quite shocked to see how Yozora would always make fun and ridicule people. Nevertheless, both are still quite close due to the past friendship. However, Kodaka realizes that past friendship is gone, and their relationship is that of two fellow club members, not of friends (which was also emphasized by Yozora).

Kodaka seems to regret that he couldn't say goodbye to Yozora and believes that this was the main reason why she ultimately became an outcast (often seeing dreams of his past friend, and trying to revise this past by using "time machine" of Rika).

While he is very focused to maintain the peace and tranquility within the club Kodaka successfully learns to keep Yozora calm and silent to the point that she even listens to his words. As it is implied that Yozora may have feelings for Kodaka and that the latter may be aware of this, Kodaka continues to act as if he hasn't noticed to refrain the atmosphere of their club from getting awkward.

Describing his relationship to Yozora, Kodaka defines his feelings for her as "heavy" when Rika asks about it. He avoids to tell her more, because he doesn't want to speak ill of Yozora behind her back but at the same time, he doesn't know what to say about Yozora since it is too complicated as he still doesn't know much about her and what happened to her in the past. After Kodaka's friendship with Rika became official, Yozora concluded her relationship with Kodaka, which he accepted even though he was thinking of her as a friend.

After discovering that Hinata and Yozora are actually siblings with a strained relationship, Kodaka did not hesitate to meddle in their feud to get the sisters to reconcile, despite their opposition. It can be said that Kodaka continues to look after Yozora's well-being and does not want her to plunge deeper in her depression.

Sena KashiwazakiEdit
Sena initially sees Kodaka as just another boy in her class that would try to woo her and she would tend to insult Kodaka's hair and his Yankee-looking features. However, to Sena's surprise Kodaka does not want to be stepped on or get hurt by her when she offers it as her "rewards," something that most boys in her class would gladly embrace.

After that, she began to trust and be closer to him more since Yozora would often insult her. After being scolded by Kodaka for the first time, Sena was shocked since its the first time any boy has ever shouted at her for her mistakes and soon, began to develop feelings for Kodaka.

However, Kodaka was not really interested in being romantically involved yet and at times, he would say to Sena that he did not like being called a couple (which makes Sena angry). When Kodaka's father, Hayato, called Kodaka to discuss recent news from his friend Pegasus Kashiwazaki, who announced that Kodaka and Sena are getting married, Kodaka was quite shocked and angered by the mere thought that he was going out with Sena.

After Sena's father tells her that he has decided to engage Kodaka and her, Sena does not object to it. And later, it was shown that in the past, Sena and Kodaka used to play together as kids but both were too young to to recall these memories.

At times, when something happens between the two, both would blush and just brush it off, Sena would sometimes remind him, but he just pretends to 'Not Remember' to avoid getting things awkward.

Ultimately when Sena's feelings for Kodaka was brought to light, Kodaka immediately walks out of the scene to prevent their club from going on a different pace. However, after his fight with Rika, Kodaka gains courage of facing Sena once again. He never showed any romantic intentions towards anyone in the club until Sena's confession, which prompts him to reveal that he has been in love with her since their first meeting. He says many things about how much he loves her body, but he will not go out with her, believing that if he does, then the Neighbors Club will be over. In order to keep the Neighbor's Club alive, he will not go out with Sena, nor with anybody else in the Neighbor's Club. He kneels down and begs Sena to be patient, which Sena accepts.

Ironically, as he uses the club to become closer to her, the original intention of Yozora was to use the club to become closer to him which backfired on her. Also the wish to be approached backfired, because at the end it was just Kodaka who was being approached by Sena and Rika
Jun 11, 2016 10:52 PM
Jun 2016
Man i really really really dont want it to be sena im sorry but yozoras story with him is just way better. Plus it seems like yozora just wants to be that friend like she was when her and kodaka were young but its obvious she gets jealous when sena makes it seem like something else is going on between them that she may have feelings for him as well. I like sena but shes a spoiled vain ritch girl. Sena and kodakas families may know each other but they only met when yozora made the club. I googled stuff though and it looks like sena and him will have a thing :( i need fan art of kodaka with yozora to satisfy my wants.
Mar 3, 2017 8:13 PM
Feb 2017
I'm pretty sure he ends up with Sena, because I'm not 100% sure but he made a promise with her that they won't get together for the sake of the club not being like weird and awkward and told her to be patient which she agrees too meaning they'll probably get together in the end. And tbh I like it that way :D
Mar 3, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2015
I never did like Yozora but then again I don't like Sena a lot either (personality wise). I think that the creator of the show made Sena the obvious choice of which heroine to root for, considering how she's rich, hot, and big breasted. Yozora only has the childhood friend route going for her and hotness (sometimes). See what I mean? Pretty obvious who to root for
Mar 3, 2017 11:06 PM

Apr 2015
Complexor said:
I hope he ends up with Sena.
Did anyone else hate the ending of Next? I thought it sucked with its indecisiveness and how Kodaka didn't even get to address Sena...

Yep. The ending was so stupid. It should have taken the manga's ending instead of this bs they gave us
Mar 26, 2020 1:35 PM
Sep 2019
Sena is the best of all.
Mar 29, 2021 5:36 AM
Jan 2021
Yukimura date kodaka eventhough kodaka seems to force himself and finally break up
In the end sena win
Kodaka and sena go to the same university same subject and yozora become her butler and etc
DexistanceMar 29, 2021 5:48 AM
Mar 31, 2021 1:52 PM
Oct 2018
GodlyKyon said:

Where can i read light novel?
Mar 31, 2021 1:58 PM
Oct 2018
Dexistance said:
Yukimura date kodaka eventhough kodaka seems to force himself and finally break up
In the end sena win
Kodaka and sena go to the same university same subject and yozora become her butler and etc
Where can i read the light novel?
Aug 21, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2021
Dexistance said:
In the end sena win

I'll be very honest, it's not a good anime or a good manga, it's average, the characters don't please me, most likely because most of them have personalities that I hate, I hate indecisive characters and I hate harem, it's okay that this work seeks a more "mature" vision, but largely inspired by that the anime reminds a little bit of ore no imoto (even the characters from oreimo appear in one of the episodes)
not to mention that I had a feeling of yosuga no sora while watching, the anime made me very uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure it will take the sena, even though we may never have something 100% official
Aug 25, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2007
I just caught up with volume 18 and uhh... there's still 2 volumes left so anything's fair game considering the manga went off the light novel's plot several volumes ago. I like where it's going so far. Personally I'm shipping Sena but I feel the way things are going this whole shebang will not be resolved while Kodaka's in high school. In this version Rika had a better chance than Yukimura but I'm pretty sure both of them had already been friendzoned.

My guess is Kodaka is gonna go to university to become a teacher and Sena will follow him because let's face it she can get into any uni she wants.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Chapter 66 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 15, 2018

2 by TheMangaManiac »»
Feb 15, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Chapter 99 Discussion

wildhood - Sep 19, 2022

1 by 1RafiX6 »»
Feb 12, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Chapter 93 Discussion

wildhood - Sep 8, 2022

1 by cachaito »»
Apr 10, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Chapter 98 Discussion

wildhood - Sep 19, 2022

1 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 8, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Chapter 91 Discussion

wildhood - Aug 12, 2022

1 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 24, 2022 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.