Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
Thank god for this FAQ. I'm planning on taking down this anime when I know I have the time for it.
Aug 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Inferno_Cop said:
yeslelno123 said:
Is it necessary to watch the movies as well? If possible I'd like to avoid that.

No, while watching movies before OVA is recommended for better viewing experience, they are not necessary for watching main series.You can skip them for now and if you want you can watch them in future.

Honestly, though. Why not watch the movies first? After all, if you odn't like them it's a very good bet you won't like the main OVA series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
insan3soldiern said:
Inferno_Cop said:

No, while watching movies before OVA is recommended for better viewing experience, they are not necessary for watching main series.You can skip them for now and if you want you can watch them in future.

Honestly, though. Why not watch the movies first? After all, if you odn't like them it's a very good bet you won't like the main OVA series.

I took your advice. After watching the movies and the OVA, I must say I'm glad to have done so in the recommended order. Amazing series.
Nov 1, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
Kirko said:
Timoke said:
Can anyone tell me where I can download those 2 movies, because I really can't find them anywhere.

Everything is on this playlist I think:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNyY2F1OurUbDBCtILijHYI52YAiIvSX5

Playlist is no longer working. Was the playlist just taken down or where the episodes taken down?
Dec 28, 2014 8:40 AM

Sep 2009
singe8 said:
Sabinlerose said:
Why should I watch this anime?
Legend of the Galactic Heros is one of the, if not most unique anime is existence.
It doesn't hold the audiences hand while traversing through itself.
It expects you to be able to keep up with its political intrigue and philosophical and moral dilemmas. It's an emotional rollercoaster that will leave you wanting more and more.

Never before has a description turned me off of anything like this has. It's a recommendation so cliche and condescending that I cannot imagine myself liking it, if this is what its fans say about it.

Who would have thunk. People who really like the show have a high opinion of it.
Insanity the likes we will never be able to understand, I tell you.

DoctorDoom said:
Kirko said:

Everything is on this playlist I think:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNyY2F1OurUbDBCtILijHYI52YAiIvSX5

Playlist is no longer working. Was the playlist just taken down or where the episodes taken down?

I'm not the one who uploaded them, but I do believe the videos have been removed by youtube.
Dec 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Everyone who goes to wal mart with proof of completion gets a free fedora and box of wine.
Jan 2, 2015 6:59 PM

Jul 2011
singe8 said:
Sabinlerose said:
Why should I watch this anime?
Legend of the Galactic Heros is one of the, if not most unique anime is existence.
It doesn't hold the audiences hand while traversing through itself.
It expects you to be able to keep up with its political intrigue and philosophical and moral dilemmas. It's an emotional rollercoaster that will leave you wanting more and more.

Never before has a description turned me off of anything like this has. It's a recommendation so cliche and condescending that I cannot imagine myself liking it, if this is what its fans say about it.

I know what you mean. Many overrated shows have descriptions like these, and they just sound exaggerated and whatnot. (I mean, emotional rollarcoaster...what, really?) Saying that, you should give this a watch.
I was pretty skeptic going into this series, but I ended up enjoying it. And at first it can be hard to get into, but once everything starts rolling it's a great series. LotGH is full of political intrigue, philosophy and ideologies, humour, wit, sarcasm, and two great protagonists. I think it's something you will enjoy. Go look up some quotes, clips or whatnot if you're not convinced, they might pique your interest. Or read santetjan's review (first one on main OVA). Especially the last 3 paragraphs that summarize the series, I think it's pretty true.

I suggest this watching order:
koreye said:

Most fans would recommend the following order (and I personally endorse it):

My conquest is the sea of stars -> Overture to a New War - > Main OVA -> A hundred billion stars; a hundred billion lights -> spiral labyrinth.

The Golden Wings movie is chronologically the first, but most fans don't like it, so its really up to you how or when to watch it.

I saw the first 5 eps of the main ova, then I saw Golden wings, my conquest, overture, and came back to the OVA. And I'm glad I watched it in that order, helped me enjoy the first season more.

Ah, I wish I saw this topic before I started the series. I just dived straight into the main OVA and then watched the first 3 movies. The main OVA was hard to get into at first. But after doing that, I will endorse this order of watching as well:
Conquest -> Overture -> Main OVA ->Stars -> Labyrinth

I haven't seen the last two OVA series yet (Stars + Labyrinth), but seeing as how they dive into the backgrounds of the characters, I can definitely see that an appreciation and understanding of the two protagonists would greatly improve the experience.
MirorinJan 2, 2015 7:18 PM
Jan 11, 2015 1:07 AM

Nov 2012
Uh, if I'm on episode 47 or maybe a few more by the time this is answered, is there a point in watching these prequel films now?-A friend of mine made it sound some prequel was made so I wouldn't have to watch certain eps at the start, but I decided to just go through the episodes out of convenience but this topic is making me think maybe I didn't gather his intent correctly.- And I'm kind of confused, are there movies between the first two and the last two seasons? Will these movies like be needed to be watched not to feel like you made some jump in time?
Jaywalker.
Jan 11, 2015 9:41 AM

Sep 2009
Epicenter said:
Uh, if I'm on episode 47 or maybe a few more by the time this is answered, is there a point in watching these prequel films now?-A friend of mine made it sound some prequel was made so I wouldn't have to watch certain eps at the start, but I decided to just go through the episodes out of convenience but this topic is making me think maybe I didn't gather his intent correctly.- And I'm kind of confused, are there movies between the first two and the last two seasons? Will these movies like be needed to be watched not to feel like you made some jump in time?

All of the OVA's take place before episode one and can be easily watched at any time.
If you're at 47 just keep watching the main series and hit the side stuff afterwards.

Sounds like what he was talking about is "Overture to a New War" which is a more in depth retelling of the first few episode. It gives a LOT more information then episodes one and two do.
Jan 11, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
Ah I see, thanks.
Jaywalker.
Mar 4, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
How difficult is it to endure the old animation? I mean, 1988? it's very old. The story itself sounds extremely delicious, but I'm not sure I'll be able to sit through such old inferior animation which will all but ruin the story for me, someone who is already too used to the animation you see nowadays. So before making the decision about starting watching it, I wanted to know just how much of an obstacle the animation would be...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 4, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2009
CG said:
How difficult is it to endure the old animation? I mean, 1988? it's very old. The story itself sounds extremely delicious, but I'm not sure I'll be able to sit through such old inferior animation which will all but ruin the story for me, someone who is already too used to the animation you see nowadays. So before making the decision about starting watching it, I wanted to know just how much of an obstacle the animation would be...

First seasons animation can be pretty brutal. It's well done though and the plot more then carries the animation during this season.
Second + season is leaps and bounds much better.
Mar 5, 2015 3:06 AM

Nov 2009
Sabinlerose said:
First seasons animation can be pretty brutal. It's well done though and the plot more then carries the animation during this season.
Second + season is leaps and bounds much better.
Thank you for the reply.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 12, 2015 5:04 PM
Jan 2015
What order should I watch the Gaiden series? chronologically or release order? I watched the movies and the main OVA.

What I have left is:

Spiral Labyrinth
Valley of White Silver
Mutineer
Duelist
Those Who Recapture
Morning's Dream, Night's Song
A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights
The Third Tiamat Battle
Disgrace

And I don't know what order to put this!
Mar 14, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2013
Moaradin said:
What order should I watch the Gaiden series? chronologically or release order? I watched the movies and the main OVA.

What I have left is:

Spiral Labyrinth
Valley of White Silver
Mutineer
Duelist
Those Who Recapture
Morning's Dream, Night's Song
A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights
The Third Tiamat Battle
Disgrace

And I don't know what order to put this!

Watch Spiral Labyrinth first. This part is about Yang Wenli and really stands alone. The rest follow Lohengramm. Finding the order of that should be easy.
Mar 15, 2015 2:50 PM
Jan 2015
So do people prefer to watch chronologically rather than by release?
Mar 19, 2015 4:10 AM

Jun 2013
Moaradin said:

Personally I find that watching the Gaiden series in chronological order makes more sense narratively speaking rather than by release order.
Mar 19, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2013
MagisterArcanum said:
Moaradin said:

Personally I find that watching the Gaiden series in chronological order makes more sense narratively speaking rather than by release order.

Chronological kind of spoils though.
Mar 19, 2015 2:17 PM
Jan 2015
Spoils the main ova or the Gaiden series?
Mar 23, 2015 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
A fan of this series was nice enough to tell me about the evil being which is known as the "logh spoiler preview" which basically spoil the major events in the next episode.
Apr 5, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
You can find the main series on youtube. Here's the link.

Good luck :]
Apr 5, 2015 6:26 PM

Oct 2010
avelys said:
You can find the main series on youtube. Here's the link.

Good luck :]

In glorious 360p
Jun 18, 2015 1:10 PM
Jul 2008
I always like to go to to the meat of the story, that is the 110 ep series first. I hate anime movies. They are usually so irrelevant to the main series. Then if you feel you like the main series enough, see the side stories and movies.
Oct 30, 2015 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Gonna add some stuff :

- Don't watch LoGH if you begin animes . The best is to watch it when you think you have seen everything to watch because you'll probably won't want to watch anything anymore. Probably, so you don't have to wait til that time.

- If you're hesitating because you've been told that it was for superior people and it recquires knowledge in lots of stuff : I believe it's for everybody , mostly. I don't like the word "good taste". But I think you're given "taste" with experience. So you don't have to have superior taste or anything really, if you have watched enough anime (definition of enough is up to you, it can be 40 or 100) you can go. I'm also saying this because I've come accross lots of profile with LoGH as a favorite, but their fav lists were all different and varied. But of course, your experience will be different depending on your tastes. So that's just it, overall I think everybody can enjoy it, but not everybody have the same view on it or experienced it in the same way.
You don't have to know about war strategy, have incredible knowledge on politics,... Because you'll learn a lot from the anime.

- About who you should root for : very relevant answer of SabinLeRose. You can also root for neither side and view it from a completely objective POV, approching it in the most unbiased historical POV. If you asked me "Who is right ?" I wouldn't be able to answer, nobody should.

- DON'T begin by the gaidens (chronological order). I haven't, but first I believe you'll be fed up after, since the Gaidens are side stories, what you'd call "fillers", and they're like 1/3 of the franchise. Second, the gaidens really don't have the same feeling as the main series, they're very different, so I don't recommend you to begin by the gaidens because you may not live LoGH as an incredible experience.. hm I don't know how to explain that one. It's my personnal opinion but really I'd advise you to follow it. Plus after finishing the main series you may have that "what will I do with my life" feeling , so having the gaidens to watch next is reassuring.

- You don't have to watch it in the release order. What I'd advise is to begin by the movies if you want, watch the main OVA series in a row (you can make a pause if you get broken at the end of season 3 it's ok lol). You can then watch the gaidens in whatever order you want, chronologically if you want. Also you don't have to begin by the movies you can watch them at any time.

- NEVER look at the TITLES of the episodes , they're spoilery af.

- Choose well your time. The main series being 110 OVA long, I'd recommend you to watch them while in holidays or something. You don't have to though. I personnally marathoned it, but you can take your time, it depends on how you feel.

- Golden Wings is completely unnecessary to the franchise. You don't have to watch it. If you want to cry and laugh of horror, you can give it a shot.
LyleliOct 30, 2015 9:50 AM
Jul 3, 2016 6:23 AM
Oct 2008
I've read most of what's been posted here but I'm kinda confused so I just wanted to ask a simple question. If I wanted to adhere to the order of events portrayed in the novels, what would be the best way to watch it? And I've seen people say several times to "Avoid the previews" or something similar, can someone show me specifically what these are so I can just add them to the blacklist?
Jul 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
bobo343 said:
I've read most of what's been posted here but I'm kinda confused so I just wanted to ask a simple question. If I wanted to adhere to the order of events portrayed in the novels, what would be the best way to watch it? And I've seen people say several times to "Avoid the previews" or something similar, can someone show me specifically what these are so I can just add them to the blacklist?

- You either begin by the two movies and then go for the 110 episodes main series (skip the first 2 episodes) or go for the 110 episodes directly. Don't begin by the gaidens though.

- Previews are the mini clips following the episodes, after the ending. They basically tell you everything that happens in the next episode.
Aug 10, 2016 1:08 AM

Mar 2013
Lyleli said:
bobo343 said:

- You either begin by the two movies and then go for the 110 episodes main series (skip the first 2 episodes) or go for the 110 episodes directly. Don't begin by the gaidens though.

- Previews are the mini clips following the episodes, after the ending. They basically tell you everything that happens in the next episode.

Even if you (correctly) watch the 2 movies (Excluding Golden Wings which is not True Logh) first before starting the 110 episode OVA, you should NOT skip the first 2 episodes. It doesn't matter that it covers alot of the same ground as the Arata no Overture movie.
Nov 15, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Watched it in the release order as mentioned in the opening post here. And I liked it. Feels nice to watch the Gaidens later then seeing chars from the main series again.

Watching My Conquest is the Sea of Stars and Ouverture of a New War first might also be something to recommend. (But then I'd first watch the episodes 1-2 of the OVA and after that the movie that retells them.)

Then watching the OVA until end end. After that Golden Wings and Gaidens either in order of their release or in chronological order.
Jan 17, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2008
SlickDragon said:
Lyleli said:

Even if you (correctly) watch the 2 movies (Excluding Golden Wings which is not True Logh) first before starting the 110 episode OVA, you should NOT skip the first 2 episodes. It doesn't matter that it covers alot of the same ground as the Arata no Overture movie.

I concur with that

Recommended order (I know I'm repeating myself):

My conquest is the sea of stars -> Overture to a New War -> Main OVA starting from episode 1.

Then do whatever the hell you like.
eyerokJan 17, 2017 10:42 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 7, 2017 7:27 AM

Feb 2016
Always watch the previews to get spoiled and rate objectively without clouding your judgement by plot twists and shock factor.

jk, dont do it

Also, both the movies and the first 2 episodes of the main OVA contain scenes(and some explanations) that the other doesnt so its best to watch both.
Best viewing order:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/57y2wx/legend_of_the_galactic_heroes_watch_or_wait/d8vv2oh/
SpaghettiSpikeFeb 7, 2017 7:42 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 22, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
Thanks for the guide ;)
Jan 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Jul 2015
Can I watch it on Kissanime? Some people say, that yellow subs are not good, so I do not know what to do.
Jan 2, 2018 3:46 AM

Aug 2011
LucisCaelum said:
Can I watch it on Kissanime? Some people say, that yellow subs are not good, so I do not know what to do.

AFAIK, the yellow fansubs are the only translation the series has.
Jan 2, 2018 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
Tiago97 said:
LucisCaelum said:

AFAIK, the yellow fansubs are the only translation the series has.

Oh... I saw different subs on this site, so I was wondering. Well okay then, I will watch it. Thank you.
May 16, 2018 1:46 PM

Feb 2008
I checked the new Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu recently and I wanted to knpw the old version how to watch it .. I was lucky to watch some of the seasons at tv when i was kid but i can't remember which ones.. I saw all the comments and i'm confused -_- I watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Golden Wings first .. should i have start with something else ? I watched this first because it was first in release order. Is the realese order the best way to watch it for the series . I can watch the ova later if they are ton important for the series but if chronological order is the best way could you tell me because i'm confused
May 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
Might as well watch it muted then, since the narrator ruins any dramatic reveals anyway.

May 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
code said:
Might as well watch it muted then, since the narrator ruins any dramatic reveals anyway.
wouldnt say ruin but either way don't you mean unsubbed not muted?
May 16, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2015
Deknijff said:
code said:
muted if you speak japanese, unsubbed otherwise
that's a weird thing to note

May 16, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
code said:
Deknijff said:
muted if you speak japanese, unsubbed otherwise
that's a weird thing to note
Well I mean most here on MAL watch things subbed so thought muting is kind of pointless and weird to say when those giant yellow subs will be all up in your face even if you do so
May 27, 2018 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
I accidentally watched the preview once, oh god I was so wrong
Aug 12, 2018 12:04 PM

Sep 2017
Wishy said:
Don't ever watch any show in a random order you came up with, watch stuff as it is released. If the OVAs came after the series, watch them after the god damn series, even if they happen before the actual series. Don't you think there is a reason for that?

I watched Haruhi chronologically because it was one of my first animes and damn it sucked.

F**k yeah. I feel the same. If they want us to watch in some particular order, it means that alone by itself, that anime is weak and terrible.

And Haruhi sucked big time. I wanted to kill everyone in that anime when I finished watching it.

Legend of the galactic heroes can be watched alone without relying on the fucking prequels. I know it. I watched it. Don't just say I need to watch the prequels just because you like the anime and want to impose your hypocritical bullshitting narcissistic opinion on others. We are tired of that shit.

They just are saying,
watch this then watch that then blah blah blah blah and finally they say watch the OVAs.

Sabinlerose said:
[size=150]
[b]Chronologically:[/b]

Spiral Labyrinth (Side Stories / Gaiden 2, episodes 1-14)
Valley of White Silver (Side Stories / Gaiden 1, episodes 1-4)
Those Who Revolt / Mutineer (SS / G2, ep. 15-18)
Those Who Duel / Duelist (SS / G2, ep. 19-22)
Golden Wings
Those Who Recapture / Survivors (SS / G2, ep. 23-26)
Morning's Dream, Night's Song (SS / G1, ep. 5-8)
A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights (SS / G1, ep. 13-24)
The Third Tiamat Battle (SS / G2, ep. 27-28)
My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
Disgrace (SS / G1, ep. 9-12)
Overture to a New War (an expanded retelling of the first two episodes of the main OVA series)
Main OVA series

G1 = A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights Gaiden
G2 = Spiral Labyrinth Gaiden

Not that I am blaming @Sabinlerose or anything, he is just doing his job, but if anyone recommends the chronological order, I am just gonna say that "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????" .

I have watched LoGH 30 episodes till now and let me say, you don't need to watch any prequels or any other shit. The prequels just fucking change the underlying plot so that it is more favorable to the fans*. (And so that you can overrate the OVAs more than they frankly deserve). The plot is pretty straight forward that I would say that other than the first 2 episodes which is full of bad writing, the rest of the show has OKAY episodes that anyone can follow.

Or watch the remake. It is 90% lesser so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

*I hate this particularly cause I have watched another anime which did the same thing and let me tell you, I did not receive it well.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 1, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
JeremiahOrange said:
blah blah blah I want to hate on lotgh cuz its cool and since all the fans have left this forum because of trolls and the toxicity in the community, people like me can say whatever toxic shit they want and get away with it blah blah blah

This topic is for people who have not seen the show yet, they have not started it yet. Different people have watched this show in different order, with the most popular being just the main OVA. But from my personal experience, the BEST INTRODUCTION to the OVA is My Conquest is the sea of stars followed by Overture to a New War. Because the first 2 episodes of LOTGH are not that great (They're rushed, not well directed), and the first few episodes take time to develop. Too many characters, a lot is going on. I personally found that going back to those two movies after episode 5 actually helped clear up a lot of things about the setting and the characters. So stop acting like a moron cuz you hate the fact that the show is in the top 10 highest rated on MAL. Your post attacks every fan of LOTGH, especially those who have posted in this topic. Be respectful.

eyerokJan 1, 2019 9:18 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 9, 2020 5:54 AM
Jan 2018
so watch the movie remake of the first two episodes then watch the actual two episodes in the main series or watch the two episodes form the series then watch the movie then continue to episode 3 ????
Aug 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
The previews didn't ruin my viewing experience. It only made me anticipate what was coming even more. The twists and character deaths are not about sensationalism or shock value that so many shows rely on heavily for views/ratings/etc.

Instead, if we look at Legend of the Galactic Heroes from a historian's perspective like how Yang would, as we watch "history" unfold, it might make us think, how did these men spend their final hours, not knowing today would be their last day?
What did they do? What did they say to those closest to them? What would they be remembered for and would their actions aid or impede the course of history?

Then again, spoilers don't bother me. It's more about the execution, the motives, the why and the how, that makes a twist so effective even after knowing what's going to happen.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 10, 2020 1:15 PM
May 2016
Am I doing something wrong? Im at episode 27 and I'm still really not that interested in the show, just seems like a retro WW2 film but in space so far.
Aug 30, 2020 9:17 AM
Aug 2020
I've watched a few episodes but... Why the avg score is more than 9/10, is it really better then Akira? I love anime and films of such genres but it is strange.
Sep 8, 2020 8:42 PM
Jun 2016
Lyleli said:
Gonna add some stuff :

- Don't watch LoGH if you begin animes . The best is to watch it when you think you have seen everything to watch because you'll probably won't want to watch anything anymore. Probably, so you don't have to wait til that time.

- If you're hesitating because you've been told that it was for superior people and it recquires knowledge in lots of stuff : I believe it's for everybody , mostly. I don't like the word "good taste". But I think you're given "taste" with experience. So you don't have to have superior taste or anything really, if you have watched enough anime (definition of enough is up to you, it can be 40 or 100) you can go. I'm also saying this because I've come accross lots of profile with LoGH as a favorite, but their fav lists were all different and varied. But of course, your experience will be different depending on your tastes. So that's just it, overall I think everybody can enjoy it, but not everybody have the same view on it or experienced it in the same way.
You don't have to know about war strategy, have incredible knowledge on politics,... Because you'll learn a lot from the anime.

- About who you should root for : very relevant answer of SabinLeRose. You can also root for neither side and view it from a completely objective POV, approching it in the most unbiased historical POV. If you asked me "Who is right ?" I wouldn't be able to answer, nobody should.

- DON'T begin by the gaidens (chronological order). I haven't, but first I believe you'll be fed up after, since the Gaidens are side stories, what you'd call "fillers", and they're like 1/3 of the franchise. Second, the gaidens really don't have the same feeling as the main series, they're very different, so I don't recommend you to begin by the gaidens because you may not live LoGH as an incredible experience.. hm I don't know how to explain that one. It's my personnal opinion but really I'd advise you to follow it. Plus after finishing the main series you may have that "what will I do with my life" feeling , so having the gaidens to watch next is reassuring.

- You don't have to watch it in the release order. What I'd advise is to begin by the movies if you want, watch the main OVA series in a row (you can make a pause if you get broken at the end of season 3 it's ok lol). You can then watch the gaidens in whatever order you want, chronologically if you want. Also you don't have to begin by the movies you can watch them at any time.

- NEVER look at the TITLES of the episodes , they're spoilery af.

- Choose well your time. The main series being 110 OVA long, I'd recommend you to watch them while in holidays or something. You don't have to though. I personnally marathoned it, but you can take your time, it depends on how you feel.

- Golden Wings is completely unnecessary to the franchise. You don't have to watch it. If you want to cry and laugh of horror, you can give it a shot.

This first advice is what I was going to write here.

Just finished the main OVA, the two nice films, and the gaidens are next, but.... What after!? Is there an anime close to this? I really think that i should quit it and go straight to novel series, or something that have this felling of being really near to all this beatiful made characters
Oct 18, 2020 11:04 AM
Jan 2011

Spiral Labyrinth (Side Stories / Gaiden 2, episodes 1-14)
Valley of White Silver (Side Stories / Gaiden 1, episodes 1-4)
Those Who Revolt / Mutineer (SS / G2, ep. 15-18)
Those Who Duel / Duelist (SS / G2, ep. 19-22)
Golden Wings
Those Who Recapture / Survivors (SS / G2, ep. 23-26)
Morning's Dream, Night's Song (SS / G1, ep. 5-8)
A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights (SS / G1, ep. 13-24)
The Third Tiamat Battle (SS / G2, ep. 27-28)
My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
Disgrace (SS / G1, ep. 9-12)
Overture to a New War (an expanded retelling of the first two episodes of the main OVA series)
Main OVA series

G1 = A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights Gaiden
G2 = Spiral Labyrinth Gaiden

This is too much for me. Can anyone please take a moment and for me and anyone else, add a link to the MAL page of each of those anime? Like last one for exemple: main OVA series - https://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu
Dec 1, 2020 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
apatch3 said:
DateYutaka said:

no he would not that ooder is the way its ment to be

Umm no I'm fairly sure the release order is how most things are "meant to be". For instance I maintain watching Haruhi in release order is the right way to go about things.

If people were meant to watch Gaiden first it would have been released first, simple as that. If you start out by watching Gaiden you will miss a great deal of references to future characters in the main show that will just pass you by, essentially a lot of the gravity of the show will be sapped from it by your lack of familiarity with the logh universe.

This is very true but only pertains to source material. There are some instances where even studio's may release stuff out of release date order according to source material. So you have to make sure that the anime seasons and ova's pertain to the release date order of the source material on which it was adapated. If it does, then yes the short answer is ALWAYS release date order. It is a never a good idea to watch a multi verse especially something like leiji's space epic, out of release date order because series or films rely on your background knowledge and or lore that was first established in the original seasons and series that were released. Essentually you are ruening the experience or may even be confused. Gundam for example or Leiji matsumuto space opera metaverse are prime examples. Would you watch Gundam Unicorn before knowing full hand the implications, the characters, the setting and 100 year war or the introduction of the two major factions that become the central conflict of the story. No, of course not.

So yeah being an avid anime fan who has seen quite a bit in my days, I am a very firm believer in release date order and I try to enforce this as much as I can because you really can't go wrong watching it that way because that is the way it was intended.

So all that being said, I just purchased the ultimate premuim box of LOGH for $799 and I am so ready to begin this awesome journey :)
ArtimesGamerDec 1, 2020 12:29 AM

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.