Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 14, 2012 11:28 AM
Jun 2009
Ok, she shot Truth w/o worrying about the possibility that this man could indeed be her father. And she went alone with Ao and a simple firearm even though 3 LFOs together couldn't kill him...

And then her real father shows up, sends to certain dead a few of his employees, and then commit suicide while trying to kill Truth. He could rescue both from the room using some type of technique to confuse Truth, like a smoke or light bomb, a swarm of annoying drones, etc. And then remotely kill Truth that would be locked alone in the room...

Riiiight. At least the story is advancing.
Sep 14, 2012 11:29 AM
Feb 2012
tofei said:
Uh-oh this is what I was fearing last episode when they turned Gekkostate, they'll be like NERV in End of Evangelion. >_<

So that's why Elena's acting weird, she's from the world of Eureka Seven originally and she says Eureka brought her there in Ao's world, hmm... the sister perhaps? Also maybe that's why she was angry when Eureka showed up last time too.

Paul said:
Lmao at Truths derp face when it smashed into him.

Yeah that was sweet of Cristophe. LOL Anyway, looking at the preview he'll survive that though.

If I recall they go to Elena's mother in the one timeline and find out she died so it's likely this Elena is just from another timeline but got saved by Eureka unless she just stole that random dead girls identity which I guess is also possible. The little girl at the end of the first outro who we've yet to see made me think that may be the sister.
LeviathonlxSep 14, 2012 11:32 AM
Sep 14, 2012 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
This anime has lost me long time ago.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 7:51 PM
Oct 2011
Manabu said:
Ok, she shot Truth w/o worrying about the possibility that this man could indeed be her father. And she went alone with Ao and a simple firearm even though 3 LFOs together couldn't kill him...

And then her real father shows up, sends to certain dead a few of his employees, and then commit suicide while trying to kill Truth. He could rescue both from the room using some type of technique to confuse Truth, like a smoke or light bomb, a swarm of annoying drones, etc. And then remotely kill Truth that would be locked alone in the room...

Riiiight. At least the story is advancing.

Not only was the gun all she carries on a regular basis, she's likely not trained on anything much other than her gun, my only complaint is that she didn't speak up and grab more help or warn Ao so that he could warn her since her trying to stop Truth herself was well-intentioned but naive (though Ao's had way more encounters with him and his abilities than she has she still was too naive took it too personally).

She didn't hesitate because to her there was no way it was her father, her hesitation was when she was silent while he was walking away when she was reasoning it out while Ao made his comment about him being nice, you could see it on her face even if she didn't say it. She knows how her dad behaves even if she resents the choice he made, that "Keep this a secret from everyone, Gen Bleu is done for, we can still run away together just the two of us", while leaving everyone else behind, gave away to her that that was not her father despite Ao thinking it was her dad being nice. This is yet another time Truth has messed up the little details for the person he's shape-shifted into, even with Ao back in ep 7 the way he was talking to Naru was "off" from real Ao.

Also those guys that went in ahead of Christophe were clearly not simple employees, those guys were uniquely uniformed and armed, they were security/soldier types, it was their job to go in there and either stop the enemy or buy enough time for Christophe to get them out of there even at the cost of their lives. I agree the way it played out, they fell back on the drama, her father shouldn't have had to go back in there again himself (it would have been just as satisfying seeming him pwn Truth from outside the room talking to Truth over the comm system, but maybe he was afraid of Truth busting through those doors to escape too soon if he didn't divide his attention?), since in this setting remote-detonation seems pretty reasonable ofcourse but it's probably something he felt he had to do to protect his daughter since it's relatively sound that Truth being a Secret should have been killed by getting a massive face-full of Quartz and the massive explosion caused by such an event during a Scub Burst.
DangerMouseDMSep 16, 2012 8:57 PM
Sep 17, 2012 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Dat ending...

Hey truth!!!

Sep 17, 2012 7:43 AM
Jun 2009
DangerMouseDM said:
[...] my only complaint is that she didn't speak up and grab more help or warn Ao so that he could warn her since her trying to stop Truth herself was well-intentioned but naive (though Ao's had way more encounters with him and his abilities than she has she still was too naive took it too personally).

That was mainly my point.

DangerMouseDM said:
She didn't hesitate because to her there was no way it was her father, her hesitation was when she was silent while he was walking away when she was reasoning it out while Ao made his comment about him being nice, you could see it on her face even if she didn't say it.

The first thing I thought when he said that (before knowing it was truth) was that he had some plan, but didn't want to disclose there, so he said that expecting that Fleur would disobey him in a specific way.

Still, I don't think Fleur could be so sure that the Christopher down there with the quartz gun was the same that called her on the hangars, as they don't followed him closely.

DangerMouseDM said:
Also those guys that went in ahead of Christophe were clearly not simple employees

They looked more like security employees than loyal followers. Even then, you don't normally send people for certain death if you can help it. In any descent anime they would have some type of plan.

DangerMouseDM said:
[...] but maybe he was afraid of Truth busting through those doors to escape too soon if he didn't divide his attention?

Well, truth was interested in the quartz gun. And Christopher only had to get both and close the door before quicky pulling the trigger. Note also that Christopher risked being killed before trowing the quartz on truth, because for some reason he thought it would be a good idea fight him alone with a normal firearm for a while...
Sep 17, 2012 12:45 PM
Oct 2011
WolfWood37 said:
Dat ending...

Hey truth!!!

This :) Loved that moment and when he was begging him not to do it.
Jan 10, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
best ep of the series

i hope that faggot is really dead

10/10 ep
Mar 26, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
So apparently Fleur is so used to Ao, that she doesn't mind him being there when she's changing (she said otherwise later, but it's not like she would have trouble getting him out, i'd imagine it's was more difficult keeping him inside the first place..), despite freaking out when that employee she probably knew for years entered while she was fully clothed + half of the overall.

Which also leads me to the question: Why did she freak out? She had more on then her usual private and school outfit. Just because of the fact that she was changing? So she would even freak out when putting on a winter coat after seeing it's snowing outside if someone is barging in at that moment?
Jul 25, 2013 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
Well since Truth is OP i'm pretty sure he'll just use plot hax and survive.
Jul 12, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Super intense episode! Christophe sacrificing himself badass but sad at the same time.
Aug 22, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2012
Truth got owned! Or at least I do hope he stops messing with them because he really gets on my nerves... Let's see what's next!
Dec 26, 2020 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
Christophe's death (if he is truly dead) would have been better if they didn't show "him" "die" a few minutes before, I felt like that took the shock out of seeing his death.

Either way, if Truth is dead, then this show just got much better.
Jan 2, 2022 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
Truth does have that pink and black color scheme going, and he does seem to want to use the quartz gun which we know deletes scubs corals from the timeline. Yet he refuses to cooperate with the secrets in their common goal.

So Elena is from the "prime" Universe, knows Eureka. Is she the older sister Ao didn't know about?

The secrets weren't the invaders, the scub corals were. Christophe entrusts the youth with fixing the mistake the adults made before he sacrifices himself with the quartz stockpile in order to stop Truth, the humanoid secret.

This episode reminded me of NERV's destruction in NGE and the fall of Orb in Gundam SEED.
Fortress_MaximusJan 2, 2022 3:04 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.