Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2012 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Seems that Truth is still up to his no good with Naru but he also shows a bit more emotional side.

Meanwhile, Fleur being a badass this episode with a gun. Damn, you definitely don't want to mess with her anymore. Anyways, some good non mecha action this week.

Dat intense ending.
Sep 6, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
That was freakin BRUTAL from Fleur
Sep 6, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
5 Episodes to go. I demand another Season!
Sep 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Secret is speaking!! No, I should say Truth is communicate with it! Wow! And he is part of the plant?! That's why?? Is the girl also "Spam Choram"?

It seems like there's trouble with power supply (?) because of the guy's incident last ep.

Dark-skinned girl also came from another world (Eureka's)? That's why she understands him.

The world is seeing the secret and the plant as enemies, but they are going to use them (going against the world).

Wow, the boss has an incredible weapon that seems to took care of Truth. No "to be continued" narration. But seems like Truth is fine as the preview has him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2012 8:37 PM
May 2012
Where can I find the preview for episode 20, because the sites I've gone to don't have it.
Sep 7, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2010
Silentraider52 said:
Where can I find the preview for episode 20, because the sites I've gone to don't have it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=526620344020581
Sep 7, 2012 12:28 PM
Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Seems that Truth is still up to his no good with Naru but he also shows a bit more emotional side.

Meanwhile, Fleur being a badass this episode with a gun. Damn, you definitely don't want to mess with her anymore. Anyways, some good non mecha action this week.

Dat intense ending.

Awesome! Can't wait for the subs to watch :)

tsubasalover said:
Dark-skinned girl also came from another world (Eureka's)? That's why she understands him.

Didn't read the whole post since I didn't want to spoil myself but saw Secrets and Truth, love it, always looking forward to more answers on Truth and the Scub and Secrets.

Yes! Excellent! Been anxiously waiting for the next developments on Elena.
DangerMouseDMSep 7, 2012 12:45 PM
Sep 7, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
ARGHGHGH Sub isnt out yet!!
Sep 7, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
Got Bad News

I just check the time schedule for Eureka Seven AO because rumors are going around that Episode 22 or 23 is going to be the last episodes to be aired.

As of right now, it looks like MBS will stop airing the show after episode 22. But CBS TV and TBS still shows they are going to air all the way up to episode 24. Just have to wait and see what happens. :(

"To Win a War, You Must Lose a War First"
Sep 7, 2012 5:13 PM

Feb 2012
father goes out like a baws
Sep 7, 2012 5:54 PM

May 2012
Very eventful episode. I liked it a lot.
Can tell some very exciting episodes are coming up.

I think that if I watching this series all the way through instead of by release, this series would seem even better
Sep 7, 2012 6:12 PM

Oct 2008
This episode... completely blew the last two out of the water. I've been becoming more pessimistic that they would just be holding us off from the climax, but it finally appears to be happening. With only five episodes left, I fail to see how they will tidily wrap up the future timeline, but they're definitely on the right track for the current one.

Also, Christophe delivered in ways this episode I didn't even think he was capable of; too bad he's gone now.
Sep 7, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2010
I would have been worried if this episode didn't have any big developments that resembled some sort of conclusion, but it did. However, I'm wondering how they are going to tie all the characters together (Naru, Elene, Ao, Eureka, Truth). They have so much going on and so much back story yet to be fully revealed that it might have to receive the dreaded rushing treatment.
Sep 7, 2012 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
prismheart said:
I would have been worried if this episode didn't have any big developments that resembled some sort of conclusion, but it did. However, I'm wondering how they are going to tie all the characters together (Naru, Elene, Ao, Eureka, Truth). They have so much going on and so much back story yet to be fully revealed that it might have to receive the dreaded rushing treatment.

I agree; I don't see any way this could be tidily wrapped up without an extension of episodes, or some sort of S2. It also doesn't help that episodes 23 and 24 might not air on television at all.
Sep 7, 2012 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
lots of deaths in this episode but somehow im not worried maybe because AO has the Quartz Gun and one fire can change the timeline again like those deaths never happen lol

and nice to see that the public theory about Truth being a Secret is confirmed and so Truth's power is to manipulates electricty (or electromagnetism) and his shape shifting is due to being a secret too
Sep 7, 2012 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm, it appears that my theories might be coming true after all. If any of you are curious, I'll put spoiler tags around it even though it's more-or-less theory and not actual proof.

It is not shocking to me that Truth is a Secret. That was sort of a "well, duh!" moment when Truth found out about himself.
Sep 7, 2012 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
Well that episode was amazing 0_o feels like this series is really picking up the pace. Got to say Fluer totally caught me off gaurd when she shot her "dad". When he really died he really went out with a bang though. But it seems truth survived, curious to see what became of him in the next episode.

Did anyone else notice Elena referencing Neon Genesis Evangelion, while they were talking about the base hiding the cannon? Lol
QuiGonJonSep 7, 2012 7:36 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 7, 2012 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Toucanbird said:
Hmm, it appears that my theories might be coming true after all. If any of you are curious, I'll put spoiler tags around it even though it's more-or-less theory and not actual proof.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 7, 2012 7:34 PM
Jul 2012
Well after a long hard day of waiting for the subs to come out, this was a satisfying episode. We can pretty much all say elena is ao's lost sister and they established truth is a secret. Lot of good action for not even involving mechs. With a season 2 we'll probably get a lot more character developement especially fleur and ao. Things are lookin good.
Sep 7, 2012 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
SpiritxGun36 said:
Well after a long hard day of waiting for the subs to come out, this was a satisfying episode. We can pretty much all say elena is ao's lost sister and they established truth is a secret. Lot of good action for not even involving mechs. With a season 2 we'll probably get a lot more character developement especially fleur and ao. Things are lookin good.

So much for the childhood friend route that looked so promising in the beginning D: (although it could still happen...)

Sep 7, 2012 7:38 PM
Jan 2010
DangerMouseDM said:
Stark700 said:

Dat intense ending.

Awesome! Can't wait for the subs to watch :)

tsubasalover said:

Didn't read the whole post since I didn't want to spoil myself but saw Secrets and Truth, love it, always looking forward to more answers on Truth and the Scub and Secrets.

Yes! Excellent! Been anxiously waiting for the next developments on Elena.

pretty sure she is his sister, you know the female child she was pregnant with the first time she came.

and seriously fleur was awesome! i hope he ends up with her and not naru...just saying my personal hope.

and about the possible delay/ cancellation of airing, that is so wack.
Sep 7, 2012 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
prismheart said:

I agree; I don't see any way this could be tidily wrapped up without an extension of episodes, or some sort of S2. It also doesn't help that episodes 23 and 24 might not air on television at all.

Episodes 23 and 24 might not be aired on television? Whats this about?

Sep 7, 2012 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Dangerr said:
prismheart said:

Episodes 23 and 24 might not be aired on television? Whats this about?
Olympics. That doesn't really cut it though, seeing that TBS would have KNOWN this was going to happen, but didn't do anything about it anyways. Not sure if the other stations airing AO will go ahead and finish it, though.
Sep 7, 2012 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
SpiritxGun36 said:

Assuming we get an S2; it would make perfect sense to me, but I'm somehow doubting this will happen.
Sep 7, 2012 8:28 PM
Jul 2012
Lol yea cant count out naru
Sep 7, 2012 9:12 PM

Jun 2012
Stuff is starting to officially roll! Really enjoyed the episode and loved how they ended on such an emotional moment. Seems next episode that the Allied Forces are going to continue the siege while Truth is still around? (Apparently lived through the fusion explosion?).

I also agree with alot of other people on the thread, if they want to somehow interrelate the original timeline with this one, its gonna take more than 4 episodes to. But it seems like Bones might just end it that way..

P.S. - Renton where?!?!
Sep 7, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
When Fleur shot her dad, I was just like "Holy crap!" like 10x. What was crazy about it was that she didnt hesitate to do it, she just made it quick and clean.

By the episode preview looks like we see Truth again?. . . looks like truth. Maybe instead of the fusion explosion destroying truth, perhaps it empowered him somehow?? If we don't see renton in at least the next episode then if there is going to be a S2 (i hope there is a S2) then I have a feeling that this season might end revealing renton maybe. . .
AnimaRO64Sep 7, 2012 9:33 PM
Sep 7, 2012 10:29 PM

May 2012
Truth won't die like that, he's the final boss afterall
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 7, 2012 10:33 PM

Aug 2009
HOOOOOLYYYY SHIIIIT! What an episode!!! A lot of things just happened all at once. Considering Elena's flashback, it could hint to Dominic and Anemone's daughter alright! With this fusion explosion, it gives me hope to see Truth get REAL messed up for once! he's too overpowered.

Considering generation Bleu is done for, this could mean that Elena, Ao and Fleur are going on their own to find out the real truth behind all this clusterfuck that's been happening since episode 1!

OMG yesss!
Sep 7, 2012 10:49 PM

Jul 2012
The father totally set up Ao X Fleur xD. On a serious note, that was badassery from Christope, sacrificing himself just to protect his daughter. This episode was the best one yet, now i'm really looking forward to the next episode. Hope Ao, Fleur and Elena group together and face against Truth.

Also, Elena looks to indeed be Ao's long lost sister, but she bears little to no resemblance to Ao! I feel that Elena being the daughter of Dominic and Anenome seems more plausible, especially when Elena has that pink hair, but then again, those 2 havent been mentioned throughout this series =/
BenGJHSep 7, 2012 10:52 PM
Sep 7, 2012 11:09 PM

Feb 2009
It's gonna be really weird if they say Elena is Ao's sister. I see so much of Anemone in Elena, most notably the hair and eyes. Then again, I'm desperate to see her and Dominic again. :(
Sep 7, 2012 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
Guess he really was a Father in the end kinda felt bad when i was watching him try to hug Fleur up until that point but he went out in style Love the look on Truth's face when he got blown up lol

still just like everyone said and i'm still counting on it everything feels like it's just leading up to S2
Sep 8, 2012 12:58 AM
Oct 2010
father such a badass. hope truth died. fucking douche

anyone see the eva reference? lol
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 8, 2012 2:48 AM
Sep 2012
As a father myself, I can totally understand Christophe's decision.

Somehow I have this really foreboding feeling of Deus ex machina of Ao resetting the timeline to how it was supposed to be and everyone living together happily without scub coral or secrets.

Obviously those who came from another timeline (Ao and Elena) would not be affected.
Sep 8, 2012 3:51 AM

Dec 2009
This was good. I liked it. I can't wait to see the final batch of episodes.

But seriously, why wasn't the rest of the series like this?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 8, 2012 4:15 AM

Sep 2011
was like HOLY CRAP when she shot her father but then quickly thought "Is that Truth shapeshifting again?".

Christophe bombed Truth like a boss
Sep 8, 2012 4:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Words cannot even begin to describe how immensely satisfying it is to see Truth being put down a couple of notches by first the Secret, then Naru and finally shot at by Fleur and fusion blasted by Christophe. That alone would make this episode.

But then we have the whole End of Evangelion feel to it: The assault on the base by their "own; the cutting of the power;" Even the Allies' transport planes are reminiscent of the ones used in EofE.

Loved Elena's Evangelion reference too.

Is there a chance that the American pilot is somehow linked to Ao? They sure point to her a couple of times. (Edit: just realized her name is Maggie Kwan so she was in Goldilocks in the previous 'world'. Maybe Ao and Fleur will have to fight her later on)
FarabeufSep 8, 2012 4:46 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2012 10:18 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, this is getting complicated, 1st someone said that them secrets aren't the enemy, and yet we see Truth talking to a secret and the secret mention that they are planning something bigger.

Season 2? Nah I think one complicated thing is enough.
Sep 8, 2012 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
KATSU!!!!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 8, 2012 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
So it seems to go to it's end... not very logical and rushed, but the end. I do not think there will be a second season, and they may even end it it 2 episodes or so. Sad.
Sep 8, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Tyrel said:
5 Episodes to go. I demand another Season!

god I hope not.
Sep 8, 2012 2:20 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
After this mess of a series, I actually liked this episode. So Elena is Ao's big sister and President is an awesome character just as I believed. And ofc, once again, the person I like the most in a series has to die at some point. I wish I could kick Fleur so hard for not accepting her dad from the start but be mad for idiotic reasons. He's one hell of a dad!!

Truth on the other hand... he was always annoying. I do pity him cause apparently Naru and Scub Coral pretty much used him and he has lost his memories and such but he's still annoying. Getting in the way of everything and destroying the world just cause he doesn't understand everything abt himself so let's destroy everything so there's nothing more to understand~
Sep 8, 2012 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
Alright, after thinking about it for a little bit, I have a few theories about whats to come in the next few episodes.

-Quartz empowers Truth - Truth retains his original form (Huge Secret)
-Truth breaks out of Gen Bleu HQ / Attacks Allied Forces / Attacks City (Making this assumption off of the opening where we see a secret attacking a city)
-Allied Forces + Gen Bleu form temporary alliance to fight Truth
-Truth beats them easily / Eureka & Renton come and save them
-Ao transforms Nirvash into Spec V (White Nirvash Figure in OP?)

Another note:
Anyone else wondering what is under Generation Bleu? We haven't been given an exact answer but it seems its gonna play a huge part into the climax of the story. Here are some possible theories that I thought could be true.

-type theEND? (Shown earlier in the series, a metallic looking mecha seems to be hidden under the HQ. Though I'm starting to think theEND is not particularly under it)
-The White Mecha as shown in OP2. I have a feeling this might be it... idk why but it seems like this might be the thing under the HQ that will allow Ao to defeat the enemies (Truth)?

I know my post is all over the place but I'm just thinking of some possible things. Kinda messy :P
Sep 8, 2012 2:58 PM

Dec 2010
Wow what an episode. It was pretty awesome. I can't believe Truth survived that Fusion explosion (shown in preview) as well, seriously I would've liked for that to have killed him. It just makes the presidents sacrifice in vain.
Sep 8, 2012 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
I did NOT expect that ending. Good heavens. Okay so We got some concrete things. Truth doesn’t want to admit it but he was the giant secret that attacked Okinawa ten-year prior. When Eureka disappeared with all the quartz dropping it off throughout time, The secret turned into a child. The child that Johannson found. He apparently lost his memory and his actual goal is to create chaos, he doesn’t care who gets hurt and wins, he just wants them to attack each other. Which makes his motives from the whole show so much clearer. The same could be said of Naru. It didn’t seem like Naru and Truth were on the same side and now we know that that much is true. Naru is clearly very important to the scub, with her abilities and the nirvash. She also claims that she has been kind of controlling Truth. This pisses Truth off and he goes on a rampage which ultimately ends up at generation bleu. This is where the real sick stuff goes down.

When Fleur brought out her gun I was wondering what the hell she was doing. When she aimed her gun at her dad I wondered if she really would. When she gunned down her father I shot up in my seat and pondered what the hell was happening. When her dad had a bullet hole in his head I wondered how he was still “alive.” When Truth revealed himself though things got intense.

So Truth reveals himself and real Blanc comes up guns a blazing. He runs to Ao and Fleur and tells Ao to protect his daughter and escape together(yes, lets just make sure they get shipped now right?) He then goes in after Truth. After he gets banged up. He knows that when secrets touch quartz large explosions ensue. Large explosions that hurt the secret. So he blows up Truth, killing himself in the process(so sad to lose a bad ass like that, like this, but such is the life of a bad ass.) It’s a shame they killed him but now we can know that he is indeed awesome. And whatever deal he made with the secret has me very much intrigued. What plan for Fleur did he make, for when he dies?

A few other things. Elena is awesome as always. When the power shut down, and she freaked out, I laughed. Or things hidden in the basement. Although she knows whats hidden in the basement. We also got confirmation that she does, and she knows, that she comes from the future. That she was brought here by Eureka. The real question is, whose child is she? Is she Eurekas first child? is she a random kid? But I guess that’s irrelevant.

They finally removed the secret. good heavens what is that? 4 episodes of a virus in their systems and they are just finding it now? Poor Georg looked so sad being deleted though :S

Team Harlequin is all dead now. Maybe. They didn’t show them die so maybe they survived but I’m thinking that the giant exploding space station is enough proof for me. They’re raising the stakes! Anyway I thought they were all creepy, but I guess I feel bad for them to. If there were any children being “indoctrinated” or “used” I thought it was those kids. Or maybe I’m just bitter that I’m not in space, and able to pilot giant mechas…

I’m betting that Maggie is going to have a showdown with Ao, and he’s going to try to convince her that they know each other and she’s going to have some latent memory, or Ao is forced to change the world again.

I don’t understand last episode to this episode transition. What was the point of Gazelles meeting with them at the train station. They keep doing this where they leave out scenes I think. Maybe it was cut. Maybe they just wanted to end last ep on a cliff hanger. But seriously every episode feels like it’s missing information.

Anyway, Think the episodes have been improving and I can’t wait for next week! Heres hoping things stay at a cool bad ass level here on out. Looks like Truth survived. Hopefully hes messed up though and not just pissed.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Sep 8, 2012 5:22 PM
Oct 2011
Droplet said:
It's gonna be really weird if they say Elena is Ao's sister. I see so much of Anemone in Elena, most notably the hair and eyes. Then again, I'm desperate to see her and Dominic again. :(

I can understand that, I loved Anemone and Dominic too.

Well said Crawken, man this ep was loaded and I think you nailed the Christophe thing, it's ashame he's likely gone now (they always kill a badass or secret badass :(), as they nailed making him awesome. Christophe was way more badass than I expected they'd get to demonstrate for his daughter (despite ofcourse having a feeling that Fleur naturally was too grief stricken to properly interpret the "choice").

I agree with only 5 episodes left hopefully they can keep up this cool badass level and power through with all of the remaining eps being tight, gripping and well paced with as little wasted time as possible (hopefully with minimal rushing/without rushing). I think this episode balanced all of it as well as can be done and without even any mecha action yet as mentioned in the earlier posts for ep 19, hopefully the rest keep firing on all cylinders.
DangerMouseDMSep 9, 2012 8:30 AM
Sep 8, 2012 6:22 PM
Feb 2012
This was a good episode. Too bad majority of other episodes was shit.

They achieved when some characters die I don't care. Space station with Dewey Novak-like kids blows up? Carry on... Gen Bleu prez? Yea, too bad, but writers started to actually 'care' about him too late.
vopiSep 8, 2012 6:33 PM
Sep 8, 2012 8:35 PM
Dec 2010
i think this and the last episode were the only two episodes so far that i didnt like, and before these last three ive loved every episode (i think). that could have to do with taking a long break from watching, but i still am becoming very unhappy with things now, as well as what seems to me to be worse animation.
Sep 8, 2012 9:01 PM
Jul 2012
So if there is no s2 how do you guys think the series will end? What do you think rentons intro will be like? And i just realized we still haven't seen the nirvash that looks like the one from the movie.
Sep 9, 2012 12:50 AM
Jul 2012
Its like the good old, extremely confusing, Eureka Seven. I get the basic part of it all, but everything else, "WHAT!?" Dang, when can I see Renton. For some reason my gut is saying Elena might be Ao's big sis. If it was true, its hard to believe since, just look at her! There is no resemblance between Renton, Eureka when compared to Elena.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.