Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 6, 2012 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Hazuki-kun talking to Shimao under the dark sky of thunder while the rain is pouring...

Tbh, I thought this episode flowed a bit slow but was fitting. I found the rendezvous in the forest to be amusing, emotional, and dramatic all at once.

Rokka also wonders about Hazuki-kun @ the end there. 1 episode left to go!
Stark700Sep 6, 2012 5:03 PM
Sep 6, 2012 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
It's like two men's battle over the shop owner inside the picture book that drew by the dead husband. The husband told him that he is to trap forever.

The shop owner is crying in happiness in the real life and is talking about the past life, and the main guy can see how they are having a good time with the husband in his body!!

He was able to find out what they did when the woman asked if it was the husband who was with her and about her falling in love with the main guy!

It's getting more interesting now.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
What this anime doing with my feeling?!
After episode 9
ME: "Hazuki stay in Fairy Tale world, Shimao stay in Hazuki body and be with Rokka!"
After episode 10
ME: "Hazuki back to your body and be with Rokka!"

Shimao this was cruel, I started to like you and now... -.-
Why Hazuki must watch how you have fun with Rokka!

But moment when he find out how Shimao changed his look! <- Love it!

Next week, last episode!
I don't want!
Sep 6, 2012 1:52 PM

Feb 2012
Shimao has seriously been pissing me off for the past few episodes.

JHSUIWJH#*(LKDJMD!
Sep 6, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
I love Rokka. I love Rokka. I love her so much! She thinking about Hazuki-kun in that situation.. man, too beautiful. I was crying so hard. It's set for me, I love Shimao-kun, but Hazuki needs to be with Rokka <3
It seems like Shimao-kun wants to give Hazuki his body back (with all the last supper stuff) and I think that's too sweet :)
Sep 6, 2012 2:03 PM
Feb 2012
The ending was amazing, how she was thinking about Hazuki-kun and asked where he is >W<
Sep 6, 2012 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
I really don't have the feeling that Rokka loves Hazuki. I suppose the author intended her love for him to be genuine, but the unfavorable direction cut short the possible development that could have convinced me. The storybook represents some kind of subconscious for Shimao, so it's not really odd for him to have hostile thoughts towards Hazuki. It does look like he intends to give the body back. As predictable as the ending will be, I will be satisfied with a well-executed conclusion.
Sep 6, 2012 2:27 PM

Oct 2008
Dat ending, ouch!
Sep 6, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
I remember when we all thought this would be the best show of the season..
Sep 6, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Yup thought the same thing .... Shimao-kun should stop being a douche and move on.
Sep 6, 2012 2:43 PM
Aug 2011
The best thing about this episode is the satisfaction of knowing it all ends next week.

MissileSoup said:
I really don't have the feeling that Rokka loves Hazuki. I suppose the author intended her love for him to be genuine, but the unfavorable direction cut short the possible development that could have convinced me.

Same here.
Too much storybook world/Shimao flashbacks and just one episode to resolve things with Hazuki.
All of that doesn't exactly move me in terms of wanting Hazuki and Rokka to be together.
It's more of a feeling of just wanting this to end regardless of outcome at this point.

ihateeveryone said:

It started out beautifully though.
Then it stomped all over everything.

I did like it though when Hazuki finally saw his haircut.
+1 for that but then -100 for that awful wastebasket hat flashback.
Sep 6, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2009
ntr ghost, pls go.

Even joking about taking Rokka to the afterlife, what the fuck is his problem?
Sep 6, 2012 3:38 PM

Oct 2011
AGHH! HOW COULD THEY END THE EPISODE LIKE THAT!?
Can't wait for next week,the final
prety good episode! I can't wait to see next week's fianly
i hope shimao goes away forever!
Sep 6, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2008
How many people are still on Team Shimao after this episode?

Shimao was absolute evil in this episode and I felt so bad for Hazuki. Shimao probably NEVER had any intention of returning Hazuki's body. And then threatened (I seriously doubt he was joking) to kill Rokka and let Hazuki take the blame for it! OMG!! I wonder how Rokka would feel if she knew that?

I'm glad Rokka asked about the Hazuki that she fell in love with. For a minute, I was concerned that she no longer cared because she was so happy that Shimao was back with her. Next episode is the last one, and I can't wait to see how the snake is going to slither out of this one.
Sep 6, 2012 4:15 PM

Dec 2011
Gawd this episode ignited so many emotions in me, apart from Shimao's general selfish actions, I'm kinda annoyed that Hazuki still has not returned to his body. There was soo not enough development shown between Hazuki and Rokka -_- that fairy tail sequence was dragged out way too long.

Arghh! with only 1 episode left they better give a satisfying conclusion. Wrap up things quickly with Shimao and get Hazuki in that body first thing!
Sep 6, 2012 4:34 PM

Feb 2011
Here's hoping to a bittersweet end.
Sep 6, 2012 4:39 PM

May 2012
Hazuki's reaction was so funny when he learned that Rokka and Shimao did that using his body!! Haha. And his pose while watching the two in the tree.. he is just so cool. I hope Shimao will give back his body next episode to end this nicely..
Sep 6, 2012 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was emotionally beautiful and a slight improvement over the last few, but the flaws still exist, while some are even illuminated further due to the knowledge that only one episode remains and the growing possibility that the Hazuki and Rokka relationship will have neither a satisfying or convincing conclusion. Despite that, the ending of this episode, particularly the last line by Rokka, was amazing.

The opening scenes in which Hazuki fears he might be lost to that world forever were some of the best storybook moments, since the emotional weight concerning Hazuki's situation was no longer left to seeming insignificance. The music accompanied these early moments wonderfully. The temporary concern that Hazuki would remain as a ghost certainly disappears by the end of the episode, and thankfully, Rokka doesn't seem at all satisfied with leaving Hazuki to that fate. Shimao's first conversation with ghost-Hazuki was ridiculously cruel and selfish, displaying yet again why I can't seem to like Shimao that much at all. It was a pretty satisfying moment then when Hazuki persuaded him into finally understanding the situation, and the realistic notion that he needs to let Rokka go, once and for all, since his childishly selfish refusal to understand and come to terms with these indisputable facts had become exceedingly tiring.

Several significant flaws within the story remain though, unfortunately. The most obvious of which is the inability to see the gradual development of a relationship that I initially thought was the primary focus, due to the continued separation of Hazuki's spirit from his own body. It's a shame that all that potential excellence will be relegated to the very last episode, thus leaving far too much room for an unsatisfying conclusion. The main problems I've had with the latter half of the series are the unnecessarily dragging nature and the distinct clumsiness with which the story has handled Hazuki's development. Rather than isolating him for a sizable portion of the story, I feel as though it would have benefited greatly had it coincided with Rokka and Shimao's painful struggles in a more balanced manner. I would have certainly preferred his relationship with Rokka to receive far more real-world development prior to the last episode's arrival, but, the majority of said development being left until the very end seems to me a distinctly flawed and short-sighted approach.

It's pretty understandable as to why there has been an increased focus on Shimao and his part of the story, but it doesn't really feel as emotionally powerful as one might think, due largely to his unsympathetic nature and his temporarily vague and wavering sense of purpose and resolve. The selfishness which has driven many of his unfortunate actions has really detached his character from deriving any considerable amount of sympathy from me.

The direction continues to be one of the most exceptional, and certainly the most consistent, elements of the show. The manner in which it constantly carries the subtle nuances of a wide array of emotions without completely falling apart is quite impressive. The usually slow pacing within each episode has been, for the most part, understandable and rather necessary in order to properly convey all the specific, subtle emotions in a manner that will strongly resonate and satisfy. However, looking at the broader picture, the pacing as a whole has been quite mediocre and long-winded in reaching certain moments.

Even though Natsuyuki Rendezvous deftly does a lot of things incredibly well, the story has noticeably struggled to get to this point, thus resulting in an odd dichotomy between it's many positive qualities and it's few, yet significant, negative ones. The dragging nature of the events that have filled the latter half of the story has disappointingly diminished it's once extremely high quality into something a bit less. Despite my numerous, repetitive complaints however, it is still one of the better shows of the season. I'm very cautiously awaiting the last episode though, because, at this point, it could bring thoroughly fantastic and satisfying closure, but it might just as well suffer due to the potential for a plethora of developments to receive rushed and unsatisfying resolutions.
Sep 6, 2012 5:04 PM

Oct 2011
This is why I never liked Shimao.
Sep 6, 2012 5:06 PM

Nov 2008
I hate Shimao more than ever. I never wanted Rokka to be with him, but now I really wanted to just punch him in the face if I could. I really felt bad for Hazuki. I was almost going to hate Rokka if she had not asked that question, but she did, so she redeemed herself in my eyes.

Also, I don't really think Rokka's feelings for Hazuki are necessarily fake. I think she did fall in love with the real Hazuki, even before Shimao took over his body, and the only reason she was willing to do all those things with him, was because she thought it was Hazuki. Her feelings are probably not that clear to her anymore, only because Shimao started doing things that only he would do, which made her discover who he really was. Shimao was dead, she fell in love again with Hazuki, and then her dead husband whom she loved a lot comes back. Anyone would be confused, but I think she really was starting to move on, until Shimao decided to show up and confuse her again.

Anyways, all I want is Hazuki back in his body, and Shimao to move the hell on.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 6, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2011
Ghost is such a fucking asshole.

I don't get it: Why is he doing this? Why isn't the anime talking his refusal to move on? Why is he ruining someone's young life instead of moving on and go to the afterlife (Let's not debate this, please)?

Seriously, man. If he had explained why he isn't moving on, then i could have tolerated some of his actions. But it doesn't explained "why".

And Hazuki is a fucking dumbass. He should have said:

"H:Can you just fucking move on and leave her alone"
"S: No"
"H: Why?"
"S: Because........"

A conversation liked this would have made us understand Ghost's douchey actions, and we would understand that. An explanation is fucking necessary here.

But instead, he says:

"H:Can you just fucking move on and leave her alone"
"S: No"

And that's about it. What? This anime still hasn't explained Ghost's actions and why he's not moving on.

Seriously, it pisses me off that this fucker goes around fucking with Hazuki without any legitimacy whatsoever.
Sep 6, 2012 5:19 PM

Dec 2007
Episode 11 preview is up on the official website

http://natsuyuki.tv/03story/index.html

Sep 6, 2012 5:26 PM

Nov 2011

An excellent analysis as usual.

There definitely needs to be more balance and the overall pacing is a tad slow. I have no idea how the final episode will play out given Rokka's final thoughts but next week's episode that will wrap up the series is going to be crucial to leave viewers like myself satisfied of this show.

For now, it seems to be a mediocre of the Season for me.
Sep 6, 2012 5:26 PM

Jun 2012
Great setup for the final episode next week

I hope Rokka makes Shimao realize what he's done is wrong(He knows its wrong but doesn't regret doing it) but I hope Rokka also realizes this whole predicament happened because of her too.

Hazuki was just the unlucky bastard who ended up becoming the limo driver and carrying all that baggage.
Sep 6, 2012 6:50 PM

Aug 2011
Damn, the penultimate episode is over now. How are they gonna end this? I think it'll be an open ending where Shimao moves on (he did say it was the last time, meaning he's going to give the body back to Hazuki) and then Rokka and Hazuki may or may not start a relationship. I'd be very satisfied with that type of ending, leaving it open to interpretation if Rokka or Hazuki got together or not.
Sep 6, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2008
mistress_kisara said:

I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 6, 2012 7:20 PM

May 2010
Yessss let a ghost with unresolved issues take your body and you didnt think this would happen, Stupid, Shimao is a all around scumbag, can this show be over with all ready *huh*
Sep 6, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2008
I got really pissed at Shimao when he didnt give Hazuki back his body . Hazuki is way too nice ... and because of that Shimao is taking advantage of him which really sucks . If it was me i would be in a total panic haha . I always liked Hazuki more then Shimao since the start but it was close and this episode just drew a clear line on who i liked more .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 6, 2012 10:45 PM

Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:

Well, Japan trolled me again. So many anime start off really strong for me, but end up being rage-fuel by the end. Maybe they should cut the standard 11-12 episode run down to 8 so they can tell a story without having to drag it out with frustrating fodder or ruin the ending with over-dramatic filler.

As far as this episode, I can't help but think that for the most of it, Rokka was just completely happy with her dead husband stealing another man's body; but the fact that she didn't understand the situation and asked those questions at the end helps.

What I don't get though; is how Shimao was a complete jerk even after Hazuki did him the HUGE favor of loaning out his body. I hope that Shimao gets ripped out of Hazuki's body and sent straight to hell in the next episode. To that end, if Hazuki is denied his body in the next episode, the LEAST he should do is use his ghost powers to obliterate that flower shop and every single other possession Shimao ever owns until he gets his body back.

This episode, and all the other storybook episodes were complete trash for me. I would have been much happier with this anime if Shimao wasn't in it, and it was just a drama about Rokka getting over his dead self and falling in love again with Hazuki. Forget the supernatural junk. This is why whenever I see swords, guns, mecha, ghosts, monsters, furries etc... I just keep on moving to the next anime...
Sep 6, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 2010
Rokka asking where was Hazuki at the end cracked me up!! I really hope Hazuki ends up with Rokka, it's just the way things are supposed to be :D
Sep 7, 2012 12:04 AM

May 2012
Shimao you fucking asshole!!!

So the last episode and he is not back to his real body GODDAMMIT, at this rate it will only happen at the very last second.

To anyone that loves/likes Shimao...how screwed up can you be to like this fucking bastard?

Anyway, I am with anyone, first couple episodes made me TOO thought this could become the best series of the season, but then Shimao took over, like many Ive been so pissed off since then, watching this has become simply annoying and only kept on watching in the hopes that this asshole of Shimao could leave Hazuki's body and go to fucking hell for good...but alas, one episode left and it has not happened yet and most likely we will be stuck with Shimao-asshole till the very last seconds.

Dammit, THANK THE HEAVENS this thing is finally ENDING next episode, even if Hazuki gets his body back and or if he ends up with the manager the series is still TOTALLY RUINED for me.

Even better, let have Hazuki not end up with the manager and find someone else instead, he deserves better than being stuck with the Tenchou, really, someone that would really love him.

So she learns she fucked with his dead husband and no reaction at all? Seriously? And she suddenly remembering Hazuki is totally unbelievable.

LOL, imagine if the Tenchou ends up with Hazuki and pregnant of his fucking dead husband that night he had sex with her?

Really best thing can happen is the dead husband to go to hell, then Hazuki to give up on the tenchou since its evident she never will get over Shimao, NEVER, and Hazuki deserves better than that.
9988Sep 7, 2012 12:22 AM
Sep 7, 2012 12:20 AM

May 2012
SephiriAzure said:
mistress_kisara said:

I dont think spoiler is need since this is the preview so will openly comment it:

Yep, it would not be bad to end up this mess of an annoying series with the manager dead too. The asshole of Shimao has suggested multiplr times and clearly said it in this episode than rather than let Rokka free and let her live her life he would rather see her dead, and Rokka does not dislike the idea, remember the eat bones/bad cells to die as well.

I remember a story like this one that was made a drama, the husband comes back to life in someone else body, he comes back for revenge on her wife but anyway their love was bigger, in the end, the husband has to give up the body irremediably and they both decide to commit suicide since they would rather die, they both jump off a cliff in a car, the wife/widow dies, the ghost husband barely lives only to carry the dead body of his wife and kiss her a last time before he too goes to the afterlife, of course the original owner gets back his body and goes on with his life.
Sep 7, 2012 12:39 AM

Dec 2009
ihateeveryone said:

Yup. Still not a bad show IMO.
Sep 7, 2012 12:54 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. Rokka is just too sweat. Hope Hazuki will get his body back, I hate frigin Shimao.

Sep 7, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
I'm looking forward to see how this ends..
Sep 7, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
mistress_kisara said:

That would be a good end.
Sep 7, 2012 4:07 AM

Feb 2011
Hohoho! so many Shimao Hater :v
well, like you guys .. i hate that dude
Sep 7, 2012 4:18 AM
Jun 2008
well with got all happen sure hazuki see himself in snow white casket til it al ghost husband doing so punch the ghost husband.

then some talk ghost husband push hazuki to fall & wake up see notice he now a floating ghost see ghost husband is his body with glasses & hair cut with rokka having rice balls.

some more talk give want body & also ghost husband talk rokka with him to afterlife give hazuki still watching him & oh rokka notice it was ghost husband doing all the things as hazuki just to ask where is hazuki's spirit?

one ep to go.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 7, 2012 5:19 AM

Jul 2011
The last line of this ep was a masterpiece.
Although few last episodes didn't have much of an impact this one was a bit better, but I have some doubts if they will be able to wrap everything up satisfactory in one ep only...

As for the next ep preview, I know Japanese like the idea of double suicide, have read about it ina many literature works and watched it in some movies/tv sereis but it doesn't appeal to me when this show is concerned (although I don't feel it should be called double suicide as one is already dead 3 years priorl). I kinda wished for a happy ending but now I don't know what my wishes and hopes are anymore.

I kinda like how Shimao became darker and darker character. Well, he lived without much contact for w 3 whole years so some degree of insanity is understandable. I came to like him somehow and understand his desire so well, but feel bad for Hazuki and hope he will make it somehow at the same time.
Sep 7, 2012 7:05 AM

Jul 2011
Now I want to watch the last episode. D:
Sep 7, 2012 8:49 AM

Apr 2010
basabeo said:

My exact feelings

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 7, 2012 8:59 AM

Jan 2012
At first I was hating it, especially Shimao-kun for his ridiculous act of trying to keep Hazuki-kun's body, but then the end made me love it! That was totally unexpected!!!! :D Cant wait for last ep! Hope it's awesome!!!!!!!! xD

Sep 7, 2012 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
How many people are still on Team Shimao after this episode?

Shimao was absolute evil in this episode and I felt so bad for Hazuki. Shimao probably NEVER had any intention of returning Hazuki's body. And then threatened (I seriously doubt he was joking) to kill Rokka and let Hazuki take the blame for it! OMG!! I wonder how Rokka would feel if she knew that?

I'm glad Rokka asked about the Hazuki that she fell in love with. For a minute, I was concerned that she no longer cared because she was so happy that Shimao was back with her. Next episode is the last one, and I can't wait to see how the snake is going to slither out of this one.

I totally agree! xD

Sep 7, 2012 10:01 AM
Jan 2011
Oh no ,don't tell me that Hazuki is gonna be a ghost and Shimao gets to have Rokka.

1 more 2 go.
Sep 7, 2012 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
Shimao-kun, GTFO, omg.

I can sympathize with you about your feelings for Rokka-chan, but seriously, you're dead. GO.

Anyway, thank heavens for Rokka-chan's "Where's Hazuki-kun"? at the end. I'm so glad she didn't forget the fact that her dead husband just took the guy she'd fallen in love with's body for a joy ride.
Sep 7, 2012 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was needed two to three episodes ago. Seriously. Nice wrapping up what happend between Shimao and Rokka while Hazuki was with Thumbelina.

And it was hilarious when Hazuki found out what Shimao did with his hair and with Rokka.^^
I liked it that Rokka asked for Hazuki and didn't just say "yeah, you're right Shimao, it isn't important" as it would happen in the majority of animes..
But some feeling remains that this is just a desperate try to get the story back to it's origin after it went completely off track after that mindswapping..

Even though this episode was the best since.. I don't know..ep 6 or 7? it's far too late to conclude it in a way that I would say this is an outstanding anime. It's just too late for me..
Also, I found the possible ending foreseeable since ep8 and I am still quite close to that.. *sigh*
Sep 7, 2012 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
giusex27 said:
basabeo said:

My exact feelings

You can count me as well.
nantuko said:
And it was hilarious when Hazuki found out what Shimao did with his hair and with Rokka.^^

lmao that was needed :D

Edit: It was funny how i wanted Shimao out of Hazuki's body at least at ep 7 or 8 and he is still there -.-" i hope the last ep will make it count.
MegmurdelSep 7, 2012 6:24 PM
Sep 7, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2012
3.5/5 for this episode.

OH GOD, STOP IT, ATSUSHI!!!! D:< STOP IT!!! TOMARE.

This anime's really good at making me sad and then making me laugh LOL.

I felt like Rokka's reaction to Atsushi in Hazuki's body as really unnatural. If I had found out that my deceased ex-husband was in my boyfriend's body, I would go "WTF HOW DID THAT HAPPEN" :S Just pointing that out haha. I found her too calm at the situation!

One more episode to go!
Sep 7, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
Agreeing with the above. How come she didn't even question that her husband's soul was in Hazuki-kun's body? Is that normal or something? 0.o Or was she so overpowered by feeling her beloved husband's presence that logic was no longer needed?

Shimao-san, go away. I'm sympathizing with you, but it's just enough.
Sep 7, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
Hazuki deserves her for everything that Shimao was ready to do.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.