Forum Settings
Forums
New
do you wish to have taptalk for MAL?
Sep 4, 2012 10:35 PM
Jun 2012
most if not all of us here are smart phone users, it would be convenient if we have tapatalk for MAL forums.

tapatalk is available for IOS, android and blackberry.

Sep 7, 2012 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
drinkbeer said:
most if not all of us here are smart phone users, it would be convenient if we have tapatalk for MAL forums.

I guess I don't count as part of "all of us"
Sep 7, 2012 2:38 AM

Nov 2007
What's Tapatalk?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 7, 2012 5:15 AM
Jun 2012
CanadaAotS said:
drinkbeer said:

I guess I don't count as part of "all of us"

no plans of getting a smart phone anytime soon?

tsubasalover said:
What's Tapatalk?

its a mobile application

you can find it in your app store
Sep 10, 2012 10:45 PM

Dec 2009
it's been suggested several times, never any support :(
Sep 11, 2012 1:55 AM
Jun 2012
WolfgangGrimmer said:
it's been suggested several times, never any support :(

what happened to those suggestions? were they just ignored?
Sep 11, 2012 6:21 AM

Nov 2007
drinkbeer said:
its a mobile application

Oh, I think I saw that when I was looking at the apps. before. I don't intend to get it, though, since I don't use smart phones.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 13, 2012 8:38 AM
Jun 2012
tsubasalover said:
drinkbeer said:
its a mobile application

Oh, I think I saw that when I was looking at the apps. before. I don't intend to get it, though, since I don't use smart phones.

oh i see. you should consider getting a smart phone for various reasons ;)
Sep 15, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2011
I really don't count as part of all of this..tehe
Sep 24, 2012 11:42 AM
Jun 2012
i think we won't have tapatalk for MAL forums anytime soon. what a disappointment.
Sep 25, 2012 9:51 AM

Dec 2009
drinkbeer said:

Well I have requested like twice and supported others requesting this but I get the same reply...

Use your browser.

Hardly seems like an answer.
Sep 25, 2012 10:47 AM
Jun 2012
WolfgangGrimmer said:
drinkbeer said:

Well I have requested like twice and supported others requesting this but I get the same reply...

Use your browser.

Hardly seems like an answer.

to be honest i am quite surprised regarding the lack of response for this.

its either this topic doesn't have enough publicity or nobody uses a smart phone out there which i doubt so. maybe people don't even browse MAL forums on their mobile device anyway.
Sep 25, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
drinkbeer said:

its either this topic doesn't have enough publicity or nobody uses a smart phone out there which i doubt so. maybe people don't even browse MAL forums on their mobile device anyway.

I think it's the latter for the sole reason that navigating the forum via any browser is cumbersome especially when posting. I Tapatalk would solve this and ideally get more people to be active in the forums while on the go, I know I would.
Sep 25, 2012 2:56 PM
Jun 2012
WolfgangGrimmer said:
drinkbeer said:

I think it's the latter for the sole reason that navigating the forum via any browser is cumbersome especially when posting. I Tapatalk would solve this and ideally get more people to be active in the forums while on the go, I know I would.

yeah i would surf the forums on my mobile while on the go too with tapatalk.

i have sent a private message to the site administrator (xinil). hopefully he will take a look.

anyway tapatalk supports this type of forum right?

from what i understand, the site admin just has to enable tapatalk by getting the plugin. sounds pretty simple to me.
Sep 25, 2012 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
Surprised how many have never heard of tapatalk, yet I see them on forums more then i see my parents. Hiki much? Anyways, pretty sure tapatalk supports MAL's platform as I'm on 2 forums similar on tap.
..this space under construction...
Sep 25, 2012 3:38 PM
Jun 2012
tokumei-ko said:
Surprised how many have never heard of tapatalk, yet I see them on forums more then i see my parents. Hiki much? Anyways, pretty sure tapatalk supports MAL's platform as I'm on 2 forums similar on tap.

thats good news.

off topic: nice profile description btw lol.
Sep 25, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
drinkbeer said:
tokumei-ko said:

thats good news.

off topic: nice profile description btw lol.

Thx...kind of got sick of showing real profile on sites like this specially when otakus find out i'm a girl...had to be creative in hopes that i get less people trying to pick me up. At least this way, I can reply back by saying "in some states, what you you just wrote is a federal offense....to my brain"
..this space under construction...
Oct 8, 2012 2:09 AM
Jun 2012
its been quite some time but i have not gotten any response from the site admin... :(

drinkbeer said:
WolfgangGrimmer said:
drinkbeer said:

yeah i would surf the forums on my mobile while on the go too with tapatalk.

i have sent a private message to the site administrator (xinil). hopefully he will take a look.

anyway tapatalk supports this type of forum right?

from what i understand, the site admin just has to enable tapatalk by getting the plugin. sounds pretty simple to me.
Oct 8, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2010
Ehh... it does seem easy? .. My phone can just use this the normal way of any desktop though so it's not really a problem
Oct 27, 2012 4:21 PM

Dec 2009
No "official" word?
Oct 27, 2012 5:39 PM
Jun 2012
no official word on it although i have pm-ed xinil (admin) and 2 moderators a long time ago.

btw i noticed all of the suggestions in this section has not received any official word on it.

sigh.
Oct 27, 2012 6:04 PM

Oct 2009
Posting from my Galaxy Nexus:

I'd also love to be able to use Tapatalk, but nothing ever happens on MAL ... they only ever fix critical issues. Since that's what stop them from making the $$$. MAL is not based on a popular forum software afaik, it's an indie software per say. Links are damn hard to click without zooming in, even on my relatively big screen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2012 5:46 AM

May 2008
I don't see Crave making it any easier for apps to access the site. The revenue to keep the site running comes from advertising, and a good part of that is from forum browsing.

Obviously a native mobile app can navigate the forums more efficiently, but we won't see anything unless a user makes a standalone app or some system to bridge them. There are many users with programming knowledge who have made list management apps for Android and iOS, but none that are designed for the forums. There is no standard api for the forums either, but the page could be scraped to read topic lists easily enough.

I am a banana.
Feb 9, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Recently I got my smartphone cuz I thought everyone had one. Now i see that maybe I was wrong. Wonder why nobody have one here. Lol I support the idea. But they should make Tapatalk free.
Feb 9, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2012
I don't use tapatalk, but I would if it were compatible with MAL.
Mar 28, 2013 11:27 AM
Jun 2012
up for more votes
Mar 28, 2013 3:51 PM

Dec 2011
This is my first time hearing about it, but maybe I'd use it. I'd be happy with just a mobile friendly version of the forums.
Mar 28, 2013 11:50 PM
Jun 2012
Emmrys said:
This is my first time hearing about it, but maybe I'd use it. I'd be happy with just a mobile friendly version of the forums.

tapatalk is good. you should get it and use it to surf some of the forums that you frequent, provided that they are tapatalk friendly.
Mar 29, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
I guess not as many people use smartphones as you probably think. I think I wouldn't count to "all of us" either :/ I dislike smartphones and handys too, actually. I don't need a fancy phone, all I need a handy at least is for contacting someone in times of need or write a short sms or so lol that's actually the reason for which those things got invented, now look at what became of it. A fancy allround talent with useless features to make your lazy, convenient life more lazy and convenient and it's a wonder you actually can still use it as a phone.

Omg, I didn't even want to go that far, but when we're at this topic...

Well whatever, I wouldn't need it or anything related to something like you suggested. Also I think MAL doesn't have a need for it. If it ever get's approved and all, it wouldn't bother me though. I wouldn't be forced to use it of course and could just ignore it, so while I disagree with you, it wouldn't bother me if it actually will be there someday.
Mar 30, 2013 1:16 AM
Jun 2012
SquChan said:
I guess not as many people use smartphones as you probably think. I think I wouldn't count to "all of us" either :/ I dislike smartphones and handys too, actually. I don't need a fancy phone, all I need a handy at least is for contacting someone in times of need or write a short sms or so lol that's actually the reason for which those things got invented, now look at what became of it. A fancy allround talent with useless features to make your lazy, convenient life more lazy and convenient and it's a wonder you actually can still use it as a phone.

Omg, I didn't even want to go that far, but when we're at this topic...

Well whatever, I wouldn't need it or anything related to something like you suggested. Also I think MAL doesn't have a need for it. If it ever get's approved and all, it wouldn't bother me though. I wouldn't be forced to use it of course and could just ignore it, so while I disagree with you, it wouldn't bother me if it actually will be there someday.

you are one of those rare ones who don't use a smart phone nowadays.. :)
Mar 30, 2013 5:41 AM

Feb 2011
I don't use a smart phone, but it's obvious by the amount of people that do, websites will be required to fully support mobile technology within the next decade, probably sooner.
Apr 4, 2013 11:18 PM
Jun 2012
any more votes?
Apr 5, 2013 12:16 AM

May 2007
I think this is a good idea! Tapatalk support it up! +1 from me.
Apr 6, 2013 7:41 AM
Jun 2012
thanks for the support!
Apr 8, 2013 3:23 AM

Nov 2012
Signed!
Apr 12, 2013 5:05 AM
Jun 2012
Krunchy said:
Signed!

thanks.

taptalk is good (Y)
Apr 13, 2013 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Sounds really interesting.
Any kind of addition to MAL would be good, so you have my support.
Apr 13, 2013 2:29 PM
Jul 2012
Yes it will be better if the connection like moving gifs, and images will work.
Apr 27, 2013 5:11 PM
Jun 2012
taptalk is good
Apr 28, 2013 4:53 AM
Sep 2011
Tapatalk's really good. The ease with which you can read forum and reply is really awesome. I have been using it for a year for other forums.
Positive vote from me.
Jul 9, 2013 8:03 PM
Jun 2012
tapatalk is good
Jul 9, 2013 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
Nice bump.
Oct 12, 2013 6:02 AM
Jun 2012
its easy and convenient. the browsing and posting experience will be so much better if you were to use taptalk ;)
RONNCC said:
Ehh... it does seem easy? .. My phone can just use this the normal way of any desktop though so it's not really a problem
Oct 12, 2013 5:42 PM

Feb 2013
it would be great if we can use tapatalk to browse the forums :D
Oct 13, 2013 10:13 AM
Jun 2012
So when can we get tapatalk??
Oct 13, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
drinkbeer said:
So when can we get tapatalk??

saka said:
I don't see Crave making it any easier for apps to access the site. The revenue to keep the site running comes from advertising, and a good part of that is from forum browsing.

I do not want to sound mean, but if a MAL Staff member thinks that the chance of the idea actually being input is low, it means that it is extremely low.
Although I really like the idea and the intentions, realistically looking and looking at who owns and runs the site, I wouldn't want you to have your expectation too high.
Nov 13, 2013 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
BUMP
Feb 7, 2014 6:43 AM
Feb 2014
Hi everyone,

I search today and I couldn't find MyAnimeList on Tapatalk. It's such a pity. We could browse this forum with tablets and phones. I am sure the feedback will be good and the number of posts are gonna increase.
May 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
manuelcalavera said:
Hi everyone,

I search today and I couldn't find MyAnimeList on Tapatalk. It's such a pity. We could browse this forum with tablets and phones. I am sure the feedback will be good and the number of posts are gonna increase.

Yeah, I took it there and 'bumped' this (AND add my vote for 'yes'), lol. Mainly b/c like manuelcalavera mentioned I just recently happen to do the same thing and was surprised that it didn't. Considering this one of the most well-recognized anime communities on web it's quite surprising it's behind, as it were, in mobile sense.

Tapatalk really is pretty nifty to use. It truly does make forum interaction and browsing on the go much simpler. And actually for those that don't soon you won't even have to worry about paying for Tapatalk anymore and the FREE version will become the default. News about that here: https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=66

I mean, like others have said while I too have access this site fairly ok on my table it's still rather annoying zoom and do other sorts of manipulations to use it (and even more so for smartphones).

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
4 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.