Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
ok, forget about Christmas bowl but they could at least show us kontou tournament final (most probably b/w Deimon Devil Bats and Seibu Wild Gunmans)

Seibu wild gunmans is my favorite. i wanna see their remaining matches too =(( fortunately next is the manga, i am sure reading their matches from the mange will be perfect, too :) ..

BUT, am i the only one who wonders the guy who phone-called Hiruma after the match against Shinryūji Naga. There should be some explanation to that guy. I hope, this question will be explained in manga. ^^ 9.5/10
Apr 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
Eyeshield 21 as a pro in NFL was a good scene at the end. But damn, why did it have to end!!! It was such an epic series!

I'm gonna read the manga! I wanna find out about Seibu vs Dinosaurs and how will Deimon play in the finals.

Surprised that there are only 2 pages of discussion for this.
Apr 20, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
I just finished rewatching this for the 2nd time and every time I watch another anime it just pales in comparison and I wanna watch it again!!
Apr 30, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
It took me 1 week! One week watching a series of 145 episodes! I am glad I got to watch such an awesome series while having a lot of time (next year university)!

One of the best sports shonen.. I wished they could have shown the finals of the Kantou tournament! Seibu's next opponent in the semi finals wasnt that bad, would have loved this game! Before starting to watch Eyeshield 21 I thought I will have a tough time finishing the series but the first half of the first episode already got me hooked and I couldnt stop watching!

Just like everyone else my favourite is and will always be Hiruma Youichi!! He is just awesome and epic!! One of the best anime characters out there!!

But there is sth I dont know if I actually felt annoyed by it or just thought of it as an awesome feature: it was the time when Sena and all the fast characters started running. It felt like they were running to the other end of the earth but when they were stopped they didnt even pass a few yards so it kind of always stayed in reality no matter how "fictionious" it got!

I usually rate animes and mangas depending on the enjoyment I felt and Eyeshiels 21 deserves a 10/10 imo! Comedy, drama and action all included!

BUTSUBAS, YA-HA
SiverMay 2, 2014 8:27 AM
Jul 9, 2014 4:54 AM

May 2013
This series was good but I'd say it pales in comparison to the sports anime legends like Cross Game, Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo. Still, I thought it was quite enjoyable - 7.5 (rounded to an 8)/10.

I was rather disappointed that they didn't show any of the Seibu games following the Ojo semi-final. I guess it might have been because the outcome was rather obvious.

I also didn't like how Hiruma and the rest of the older members didn't play in their third year. The reason? Because Deimon didn't allow participation of club activities to the third-year students?! Hiruma is the devil incarnate himself. Couldn't he have blackmailed the principal into letting them play for their last year?

And then there were the other open endings like Hiruma's dad and the Suzuna-Sena relationship. I'm not pro Hiruma-Mamori (which the majority of fans are), but, if there was every any romance there, that was left out too. Since I don't read manga at all (which I know puts me at a major disadvantage when I'm left with anime endings like this) I guess I'll never find out.

I type a lot for someone with a very low post count.
Jul 19, 2014 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
overall its was a good serie, i would say the starting was pretty boring,though after the episode 35th the series start to be decent, i REALLY HATE ANIME that end series like this, WHEN we heard about chrismats x ball all the series along and finally we dont even deserve to see the remaining team of the tournment, honestly its extremely frustating,

p.s to be honest i was seeing this coming after the episode 135th, the match between white knight and devil bats lasted for like 13-14 episodes, toooooo much seriouslycould have split half for the remaining tournament easily, anyway the series was ok, i think im going to try cross game,
Nov 15, 2014 9:56 AM
Oct 2012
I wonder who Sena got with.. Mamori or Suzuna..

I thought Mamori had a thing for Hiruma, but at the end, she was rooting for Sena,
even though they knew Hiruma was on the other team..

Anyway, good series.. Not really realistic in how football's played, but it was an
entertaining shounen series.
Jan 19, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2014
Absolutely amazing! Did anyone notice that sena was almost shin's height when running past each other near the ending! I might just read the manga, I mean from chp 240-333.Even tho I'm a anime only viewer. 8/10, YA-HA!
Feb 11, 2016 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
Amazing... but if i can be honest the art is so-not-good.

Incomplete series for me, need a remake .. lol can't get enough of Hiruma.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Oct 18, 2017 5:46 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode, but also a bit anticlimatic, I was also expecting more emotions after they have won against Ojo. But on the other hand that was to be expected since the story actually isn't over at this point.

Cool that Sema and Hiruma became pros in the end.

Overall good show,it was better at the beginning,tho. I guess I have to read the manga for a more satisfying conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2020 1:52 PM

Sep 2008
After the final touchdown it would be so awesome if Sena shouted "YAAAHAAAA" instead of just going AaaaAAaa... But well, it was nice anyway.
Sep 8, 2020 1:03 AM
Sep 2020
So I'm 10 years late to this party, but this show was absolutely amazing I do have some critiques though.

They added a fearsome character the rookie lineman for the dinosaurs who would have gone against Rikyu didnt show us that battle. Didnt show us the Christmas bowl. Didnt show us Senas progression to the nfl. Didnt show us how Hiruma an intelligent, unathletic quarterback with 1 year of tape made it to college let alone the nfl.

I have so many unanswered questions and need them to reboot this and do spin offs I need the Hiruma story, the Sena story, the monta story was too good to only be 145 episodes 🤣🤣
Sep 8, 2020 5:53 AM
Jan 2019
Mi anime favorito voy directo al manga
Mar 27, 2022 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
Eyeshield 21 is a very enjoyable anime, which is a rarity for me when it comes to sports anime, since I rarely enjoy sports anime =  Eyeshield, Cross Game, Ping Pong 2014, Free (only the first two seasons).  I guess we can add Ro-Kyu-Byu, but I was enjoying that anime for the silliness and not the basketball.

Positives:

I really liked how Eyeshield-21 overall is a silly anime, and not a serious anime like many sports anime, and by doing this, it makes sure to remain silly tons of times to not bore the audience. I also liked how all the matches had build-up and epicness to them, to make sure the audience is engaged.

Negatives:

Many times when they were training or doing slice-of-life stuff, those episodes could get REALLY DULL. 

I also hated how after 145 episodes, they didn't even get to the Christmas Bowl, ESPECIALLY HOW EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE ANIME SINCE EPISODE 1 was mentioning that that was their end-goal; talk about a let-down by the anime to end it right after the Ojo rematch in episode 145.

I mean, we didnt even get to who the Devil-Bats would face-off in the semifinals between the winner of the Cowboys team vs the Dinosaur team.  Heck, we didnt even get to see the match or who won between the Cowboys team vs Dinosaur team.

I really hope they give us 50 more episodes sometime in the future:

1- To see the match between the Cowboys team vs Dinosaur team

2- To see the semifinal match between the Devil-Bats versus the winner of the Cowboys-Dinosaur team

3- To see the Christmas Bowl (finals), between the Devil-Bats versus the Alexanders (the Alexanders is the team that has the Original Eyeshield 21 running-back that Shun's Poseidon was talking about, as well as the team that tried to recruit many players from the Spiders).
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:56 AM
Apr 14, 2022 9:11 PM
Nov 2019
2nd time finishing this anime and it's just as good as I remember. Now I'll read the manga again!
Sep 4, 2022 6:27 AM
May 2018
I wished they continued this to show the finals but this was a great series finale. Awesome final play in this showdown of epic proportions. Of course it comes down to Sena vs. Shin in the literal last battle.

American football playrs are warriors and like the Roman gladiators of the current era. All in all this episode and the show captured that essence really well.

Eyeshield 21 is the longest anime I've watched so far. I love it. I love it. I love it.

A fitting end to what should be considered one of the best sports anime of all time! :D
"I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" - Light Yagami, God of the New World
Dec 3, 2023 11:20 PM
Dec 2023
overall great anime ending.. just like slam dunk ending
but you need to read the manga until the end
hopefully they continue the final arc like bleach anime..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Episode 20 Discussion

notestinet - Jun 8, 2008

9 by noxyanime »»
Apr 10, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Episode 117 Discussion

Hemsko - Jan 20, 2008

10 by SmokedByCasual »»
Mar 30, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Episode 46 Discussion

notestinet - Jun 12, 2008

10 by alexw1020 »»
Jan 10, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Episode 87 Discussion

notestinet - Jun 15, 2008

13 by belial »»
May 31, 2023 9:28 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Episode 10 Discussion

notestinet - Jun 7, 2008

12 by KychiumaNara564 »»
Apr 1, 2023 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.