Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 16, 2013 1:51 AM
Mar 2013
well after the dub's been full realized and all the episodes are released I'd like to hear you option and try to be unbiased you should know you're a biased dumbass when a bunch of people say you're wrong and give legitimate reasons here's my unbiased reasoning for liking this better then the sub first voices

Hyoin Kyoma (yeah can't spell Japanese names that well)

SUB: obnoxious retard that funny as all hell to listen to but hard to take seriously
DUB:using intelligent words well sounding like a over the top crazy pretty much like an eccentric mad scientist
Mauryi

SUB: mauryi FUCKING HELL TO HIGH PITCHED ANNOYING
DUB:less high pitched but still annyoing

Daur (aka HACK)

SUB:perverted fat man with a pretty boring voice
DUB: someone I can actually take seriously since he can hack into a very tight organization SERN and his leat speak is hilarious

Cristina

SUB: sounds pretty good
DUB: sounds pretty good though her being from America much more sense to speak English

the others good as well the dubs references are funny as hell and make me laugh more then hyouing's craziness and blah blah blah the dub kicks ass
Apr 19, 2013 3:19 AM
Aug 2012
i actually really like the dub. the guy who did okabe is one of my favorite english voice actors, so that helps.
Apr 25, 2013 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
You make this claim, ok
tee23 said:
my unbiased reasoning

and go on to make one of the most hilariously biased and awfully written posts I have ever read. If you are not trolling (and it really is too much text, effort if you are) then you need to take a step back, friend.

I'd explain why your post's tone and conclusions are clearly biased but those claims are pretty self-evident from your post.

OT: My personal opinion is that, whilst the english dub is suprisingly decent (and far superior to most dubbed shows), they did not compare to the fantastic performances of Miyano Mamoru and Imai Asami. I also far preferred Mayuri in the sub.
May 7, 2013 2:08 AM
May 2012
Some of you really need to stop comparing Japanese voice actors and the English voice actors for two reasons:

- We have completely different cultures and languages.
- We have different stereotypes.

Now onto the dub after watching a couple of episodes:

Mayuri - Whenever she speaks, I imagine that she's a character full of spirit and energetic, but she doesn't portray any sort of it.

Kurisu - It fits her, but I wonder if she has a gentle voice when it gets to those scenes where she acts caring and scared.

Okabe - Extermely magnificent voice acting. It fits him very well as a young mad scientist

Hashida - Well done. He sounded less of a dumb otaku (no offense Hashida) and more of a cynnical hacker though.

The others I'm not going much into detail since they barely had air time, but they seem to be good from hearing a bit of it.

Overall, it has a splendid English cast VA. The only problem is Mayuri, where her voice does not compliment her personality
May 14, 2013 1:17 AM
May 2013
I'm a primarily dub person myself but have no trouble watching subs. This dub was great and JMT could easily be one great live action actor if he wanted. It seemed as if Okarin or HOUOUIN KYOUMA was tailor made for him.

I was reading the subs along with the actual english dub and it is a fact that dialogue done by the english script writers was far and away better suited for Okarin and Kurisu. It actually sounded like two geniuses going at it when they debated or a schizophrenic nut job scientist when he went off on one of his rants.

Still got all the emotion of deaths, good byes, etc pulling at me.

I guess I'm in the minority but I loved Mayumi's english dub voice. Seemed so nice and cute, you just wanna take her home with you(Yes 2D girls are the best lol)
May 18, 2013 4:26 PM
May 2013
I don't get all the hate on the dub. I'm halfway through the show and it seems good so far. The only voice that's annoying to me is Mayuri, otherwise everybody else is great.
May 21, 2013 12:12 AM
Mar 2013
I watched the show dubbed first, and didnt complain at all. Thats all I ask for in a dub, the fact that I can watch it and not complain. In fact, i bet 9/10 of you guys who saw it subbed first and didn't like the dub wouldnt have minded if you saw the dub first. That is the sign of a decent dub IMO. Amazing? No. Good enough? Yes. Not to mention it's hard for me to say the Japanese voice actors were good IF I DONT SPEAK JAPANESE! For all we know they messed up every word. How can you judge a show in a language you dont speak?

BTW, to all you people that saw it subbed, I got to appreciate the animation more than you since my eyes didnt have to be glued to the bottom of the screen at all times. Lets see how many "sub only" guys I pissed off with that statement. As if anime is supposed to be watched with subtitles...

/endrant
May 21, 2013 2:51 AM
Mar 2013
I loved that americanized dialogue that they did to some scenes, but it doesn't beat the engrish mad scientist so kewl thing xD
May 21, 2013 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
omg, this is horrible. but still not the worst i've heard.
May 28, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2012
Mazzmoney said:
I watched the show dubbed first, and didnt complain at all. Thats all I ask for in a dub, the fact that I can watch it and not complain. In fact, i bet 9/10 of you guys who saw it subbed first and didn't like the dub wouldnt have minded if you saw the dub first. That is the sign of a decent dub IMO.
t
I left everything that sounded somewhat intelligent.

I watched the first four episodes dubbed myself, and of course had no complaints. It is a good dub, that is, if you haven't been exposed to the brilliance that is the subbed S;G. Every seiyuu was perfect for their role, having already practiced so much and perfected them with the VN. From mad scientist laugh to tuturuu~, all the little habits and voice patterns fit the characters and the story like a slipper. Not to mention, half the jokes are lost/rewritten in translation,(you realize it's pointless that Kurisu is nicknamed Cristina in English right)which is understandably unavoidable, but it ends up giving off such a different vibe that I think some of the experience and appreciation of the story may be missed out on.

But all I really had to say was: FuUUUuHAHAHAhahaha
Jun 2, 2013 11:18 AM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Mazzmoney said:
I watched the show dubbed first, and didnt complain at all. Thats all I ask for in a dub, the fact that I can watch it and not complain. In fact, i bet 9/10 of you guys who saw it subbed first and didn't like the dub wouldnt have minded if you saw the dub first. That is the sign of a decent dub IMO.
t
I left everything that sounded somewhat intelligent.

I watched the first four episodes dubbed myself, and of course had no complaints. It is a good dub, that is, if you haven't been exposed to the brilliance that is the subbed S;G. Every seiyuu was perfect for their role, having already practiced so much and perfected them with the VN. From mad scientist laugh to tuturuu~, all the little habits and voice patterns fit the characters and the story like a slipper. Not to mention, half the jokes are lost/rewritten in translation,(you realize it's pointless that Kurisu is nicknamed Cristina in English right)which is understandably unavoidable, but it ends up giving off such a different vibe that I think some of the experience and appreciation of the story may be missed out on.

But all I really had to say was: FuUUUuHAHAHAhahaha

My point in the end was that you miss out on parts of the story whether you watch it subbed or dubbed, so arguing about it is pointless. That is why some of my post didnt sound "intelligent" to you. You may not agree but IMO Anime is supposed to be watched in Japanese by people who will understand all the references (ie, people who live in Japan). You can argue about who missed out on more of the story but thats pretty dumb. We all missed some of it, especially with a show like Steins Gate.
Jun 2, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2012
But that's only with some of the more obscure references like with @channel(which you don't have to live in Japan to get) and some of the chuunibyou lingo that some people might miss, other than that there's not much you should miss. And I was talking about the signature jokes and lines that have so much originality and creativity unfortunately being lost in translation, ultimately resulting in a somewhat unoriginal and stale dub that brings a drastically different atmosphere than its original.

You shouldn't assume that because we don't live in Japan/speak the language that we all missed out on some of the humor/interaction, just because you may have.
Jun 2, 2013 10:24 PM

Oct 2012
I swear the trailer makes the dub sound MUCH worse than it actually is. I thought its supposed to promote it, not deteriorate it. I watched it, and I actually thought it was pretty damn good. The trailers however gave me a bad impression.
Jun 3, 2013 7:03 AM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
But that's only with some of the more obscure references like with @channel(which you don't have to live in Japan to get) and some of the chuunibyou lingo that some people might miss, other than that there's not much you should miss. And I was talking about the signature jokes and lines that have so much originality and creativity unfortunately being lost in translation, ultimately resulting in a somewhat unoriginal and stale dub that brings a drastically different atmosphere than its original.

You shouldn't assume that because we don't live in Japan/speak the language that we all missed out on some of the humor/interaction, just because you may have.

It's an assumption that is usually true. You just won't get all the references of a culture when you yourself don't live there. It happens to me all the time when they reference something in Japanese pop culture or a story we don't learn in literature class (this happens often enough in the haruhi suzumiya light novels). You may not find these "obscure" references important but it's part of the experience we are not getting is all. Reading subtitles is a different experience than watching something in your own language is all I'm getting at. But you can't say one is better than the other. Feel free to disagree with me.
Jun 3, 2013 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
just want to say, dub is bad for your health.
Jun 3, 2013 2:01 PM
Jul 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:

This. Bad step to watch if this is your first time watching steins;gate.
Jun 4, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Mazzmoney said:

It's an assumption that is usually true. You just won't get all the references of a culture when you yourself don't live there. It happens to me all the time when they reference something in Japanese pop culture or a story we don't learn in literature class (this happens often enough in the haruhi suzumiya light novels). You may not find these "obscure" references important but it's part of the experience we are not getting is all. Reading subtitles is a different experience than watching something in your own language is all I'm getting at. But you can't say one is better than the other. Feel free to disagree with me.

You have no basis for saying that it's usually true, especially in this case because S;G didn't have much of those kind of cultural references like haruhi did, only ones that I mentioned before which enough time spent watching anime or on the internet will help you understand.

And my point is, even if, let's say there was an average of 5 obscure references missed by every person throughout the anime(subbed), having gotten the experience of the originality displayed in all of the signature jokes/phrases/mad scientist laugh outweighs the sad fact that 5 references were missed. Whereas in the dub you miss most, if not all of those things due to having them translated to make more sense to the western viewer, yet there will still be references missed.

In the end, the dub takes the originality out of a lot of areas of Steins;Gate. In some places it was unavoidable, yeah, dubs sometimes have to do that obviously. But this is exactly why I prefer the original. I think some things are better left undubbed, but since it exposes Steins;Gate to a broader audience, I won't complain about the fact that it exists.
AlexTheRiotJun 4, 2013 11:43 AM
Jun 4, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
As an avid steins gate fan, I have to say it's a pretty decent dub, but you do have to watch it with an open mind.

Okabe- A lot smarter sounding rather than goofy. This kind of seems like he's actually kinda crazy, rather than a guy whose just intentionally acting crazy for fun (and for spoiler reasons). It's not a bad take of course as the acting was all natural and the actor had all the proper energy.

Mayuri- Gives her a little more spunk, she seems more like an ordinary girl then a rather slow and dull girl. It's not bad but some of the line deliveries were rather flat, she's a new voice actress so I'm sure with time this will balance out.

Kurisu- The voice is just too low and mature if you ask me. She should have used the same voice she gave Lan-Fan in FMA brotherhood, but I'm sure some people won't mind. The acting is good, but sometimes her emotional lines are a bit too held back. Also I feel that she comes off a little overly harsh at times.

Daru- Completely different take. Funny, but it's kind of hard to imagine this guy being obsessed with a maid cafe and a nyan nyan girl haha. Still once you get used to it, the guy does a good job with his character and it's fairly enjoyable.

Moeka- Eh she doesn't sound anti-social enough. The girl only communicates through text so she shouldn't be this talkative. Not a huge deal but it's just not accurate for her story.

Faris- Just fine, no real problems. Voice works and the acting was great.

Suzuha- Same as Faris. Though one line was kinda funny, when she called Okabe a freak. If you know her character she would never say that to anyone haha.

Rukako- More natural sounding, but a little too confident if you ask me. It's not bad but I feel like the whole point of her character was for her to be incredibly moe and lacking in confidence, despite being a dude.

Everyone else was fine. Coming from someone who watched the anime 3 times and played through the visual novel oof. Btw for the people complaining...what do you consider a good dub? If it's anything along the lines of Cowboy bebop, FMA, Trigun, Black Lagoon, or Death Note even those are quite different from their original sub (both vocally and acting wise). So uh yeah not sure if it's fair to say just because they weren't similar to the sub that it was bad.

For the record the best dubs I've ever heard are Black Lagoon and NANA (because ocean just has some seriously good acting talent).
hyperknees91Jun 5, 2013 11:19 AM
Jun 24, 2013 2:13 PM
Jun 2013
Much better than the sub in my opinion. The biggest improvement is probably with Daru, who sounds like a human being now.
Jun 25, 2013 1:57 PM
May 2013
I dunno, I always felt that subbed anime seems to have more feeling and emotion than the dubbed version. Maybe it's because I can't understand what they're saying? The only exception that comes to mind is Code Geass... that dub was a masterpiece.
Jul 2, 2013 12:55 PM
May 2011
Well this might actually be good if i never heard watched the sub.

After watching that masterpiece this just sounds meh.
Jul 2, 2013 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
There's nothing like the original.
It doesn't matter how good the dub is, if a fan knows the original he will always complain.
See the same thing with movies or series dubbed from english to german. It sounds like "shit", whenever you allready know the original.
Jul 6, 2013 9:15 PM
May 2013
Monoton said:
There's nothing like the original.
It doesn't matter how good the dub is, if a fan knows the original he will always complain.
See the same thing with movies or series dubbed from english to german. It sounds like "shit", whenever you allready know the original.

Funny you mention that, I tried rewatching Steins;Gate subbed a few days ago and I couldn't help but hate it. I was too used to the dub voices...
Jul 9, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2013
FailAtLife said:
Hmm alright here goes...

Okabe.
Sub- Okabe sounds like he fail at life.
Dub- Okabe sounds like he won at life.

Hououin Kyouma sonuvabitch

Kurisu.
Sub- Kurisu sounds like she's japanese lollmaorofl
Dub- Kurisu sounds like she's american lollmaorofl

Tsundere. What's tsundere? Can I eat it?

Mayuri.
Sub- Mayuri is annoying.
Dub- Mayuri is annoyin'

Tutturuu~ What's tutturuu?

You know what I'm sayin'
You know what I'm sayin'

--Come At Me Bro--

I pretty much agree with your comparisons, on another note, I found the dub to be good in another way, therefore if I rewatch Stein's Gate, I will probably watch the dub.

Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who never, I mean NEVER watches dub.
Jul 26, 2013 10:04 PM
Oct 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Great contribution to the conversation.

I actually really enjoy the dub! Okabe's voice actor is seriously perfect.
Jul 27, 2013 3:24 AM

Jul 2011
I personally think the sub was way better, and conveyed the emotions better. > . < I'm not a dub hater..I just don't think some dubs are very good compared to the sub.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2013 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
avengersaint said:

Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who never, I mean NEVER watches dub.

Don't do this kind of thing, it's a crap arguing tactic and it doesn't make your post any more reliable.

The sub is absolutely better, too. Apart from Daru, everyone in the sub is just better, and in particular Mayuri, Suzuha and Moeka are just downright awful in the dub.

Also, just want to point out that anyone who think's the Okabe in the dub is better has no taste at all. He's okay at the humor, admittedly, but when it comes to portraying despair the sub version blows him out of the water.
Dec 14, 2013 12:30 AM
Oct 2013
either was good loved the story, had to continue with Robotic;Notes but that's a side anime. Um has any word on the movie been made. I haven't been able to view it yet but would like to see how the tie up lose ends.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Jan 9, 2014 1:52 AM
Nov 2013
man, I may rewatch the dub just for the experience but... Does Okabe's VA grow on you? He sounds like a totally different character. He sounds like a complete snob in the Dub, and that really hurts Okabe's character because he should feel (and sound) like one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Like I really have no problem with the quality because it's Par, for how it sounds. But that's just not how Okabe should sound. The voice just reeks of condescension.
Jan 9, 2014 7:02 AM
Jun 2012
Naxek said:
He sounds like a complete snob in the Dub, and that really hurts Okabe's character because he should feel (and sound) like one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
You're talking about the guy who screamed at somebody he barely knew because she didn't use his made-up name, right?

-Arvis
Jan 9, 2014 11:00 AM
Nov 2013
Yeah but even that. It always sounds like he's joking or having a good time. Not a major douchenozzle. :P
Jan 9, 2014 11:35 AM
Jun 2012
Naxek said:
Yeah but even that. It always sounds like he's joking or having a good time. Not a major douchenozzle. :P
Nah, acting superior as a way of compensating for his personal failings is a more interesting character choice anyways. He's always saying he's a mad scientist. They're mad. And evil. Not fun-loving. It's at the core of who he is: trying hard to be something he just isn't. It makes the moments where he is kind and genuine mean much more.

-Arvis
Jan 9, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2014
So it gas been dubbed huh...Now i wonder Now did they make

Sound. That scene is hilarious
Jan 10, 2014 11:29 AM
Nov 2013
Arvis_Jaggamar said:
Naxek said:
Nah, acting superior as a way of compensating for his personal failings is a more interesting character choice anyways. He's always saying he's a mad scientist. They're mad. And evil. Not fun-loving. It's at the core of who he is: trying hard to be something he just isn't. It makes the moments where he is kind and genuine mean much more.

-Arvis

But the reason he started acting that way is for Mayuri's sake. Hououin Kyouma is the facade, not Okabe.
Jan 11, 2014 2:38 AM

Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Kurisu- The voice is just too low and mature if you ask me. She should have used the same voice she gave Lan-Fan in FMA brotherhood, but I'm sure some people won't mind. The acting is good, but sometimes her emotional lines are a bit too held back. Also I feel that she comes off a little overly harsh at times.

That's exactly my only problem with the dub, others sounded good but if I watched the dub before the sub I'm not sure I would have liked Kurisu's character at all. Her low voice is fine but her character is a bit changed.
Jan 13, 2014 6:58 AM
Jun 2012
Naxek said:
Arvis_Jaggamar said:
Naxek said:

-Arvis

But the reason he started acting that way is for Mayuri's sake. Hououin Kyouma is the facade, not Okabe.

Is that not what I said? :(
............seriously, is that not what I said?

-Arvis
Jan 14, 2014 2:25 PM
Nov 2013
No it isn't. Because I'm saying he's acting that way for a very grounded not superior reason. HE acts that way because he is so kind, sometimes finding it hard to have meaningful personal relationships (and admit feelings for Kurisu, eventually) because he still feels like Mayuri needs him to act that way.
Jan 15, 2014 6:32 AM
Jun 2012
Right, so.... he's acting like a douchenozzle. Which is what I said. I never even said he was doing it for "a superior reason." His whole mad scientist acts stems from his personal failings and close relationship with Mayuri. But in performing the act, he still behaves like a total jerk and hurts people's feelings. He can't pretend to be a mad scientist while being "the nicest guy you've ever met." He switches between the two at the drop of a hat, which is part of what makes his character so awesome.
Example--
Okabe: "I'll just say this, Kurisu. You're a very important friend to me, so if you ever need to talk, I'm here."
Kurisu: "......do you mean it? *hopeful eyes*"
Okabe: *into phone* "She fell for it! She's like putty in my hands!"

So we see him switching from "nicest guy ever" to "jerkface" in the span of 3 seconds. This is hilarious and makes him a fun and interesting character. If he just always sounded nice and pleasant all the time and never grew, he wouldn't be as interesting.

Yes, Kyouma is the facade, the fake, the mad scientist persona. Okabe is the nice guy, the man who protects his friends, the man Kurisu falls in love with. But the fact remains that Okabe is responsible for everything Kyouma says and does, including all the jerky, mean things he says.

-Arvis
Jan 18, 2014 12:36 PM
Oct 2011
It has been dubbed and I have not seen any of it yet. But I will be buying it soon on amazon.com It seems like a incredible show to watch seems somehwat like Back to the Future the 3 movies.

PS I recommend everyone on here read the Holy Bible. It tells you how to get into Heaven by being baptized under the water and tells you how you can be healed from your diseases and pains and to live abundent knowledgeable lives as children of God. It tells you about obeying the 10 commandments etc. I recommend you read it. It is the best book in the world. If you want to be healed of you diseases or pains or sorrows in life read it. Also I recommend people on here pray more for poor countries where there is extreme poverty and sickness etc.

There is channels that show what these poverty people are going thru on christian channels and I recommend you help out by praying or donating money to them. Thanks for reading this and God Bless
Feb 5, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2007
I'm surprised people have a problem with this dub. As much as I loved the show when I first watched it in Japanese, it's amazingly easier to follow and translates so well into English. Did you all forget how the Internet speaks in memes? Daru is genius with his leet speak and meme references. Michael J Tatum is always brilliant, and his Okabe is spot on in kookyness and flat out dick attitude at times. And Kurisu sounds even better when her voice has some confidence to back up when she goes into her tsundere bullshit.

Anyway, point is, the anime itself is amazing. So who cares whether one person likes sub/dub better?
Feb 6, 2014 8:13 PM
Mar 2010
Had to add a comment.

I watched the dub and sub side by side, alternating between the two (then playing the visual novel pretty much right after)

So I didn't get attached to a voice and then dislike the other voice when I saw it since I watched both at the same time.

Okarin - Okarin in the sub has the over the top and maniacal mad genius done quite a bit better than the dub, but the dub brings forth a level of intelligence the sub lacked which is a vital portion of his character that was cut from the VN to anime adaptation (they cut the entire time travel theory lecture with Kurisu)

Final verdict: Sub edges out the dub by a hair. But I enjoyed both quite a bit.

Mayuri - In the sub, Mayuri is super sweet, super kind, and they do a good job bringing that to the anime from the VN. The dub is a bit less of the super sweet or more almost valley girl. The tutturu was okay.

Final verdict: Sub was much better than the dub.

Daru - The sub made Daru sound like an idiot, a dumbass, and unable to be taken seriously by anyone. They made him sound way worse than in the VN. The dub actually gives Daru a believable voice that actually sounds normal.

Final verdict: No comparison, the dub was far superior in every way.

Kurisu - The sub Kurisu is pretty passive and her tsundere is kind of cute. The emotion didn't seem the same from the visual novel since a lot of her shining moments were cut (mostly just filler). The dub Kurisu is intelligent, and a bit abraisive. Much more witty.

Final verdict: I liked the dub more, as it suited her character more as a scientist.

The rest of the characters I liked pretty equally in both editions. But since Kurisu is my favorite character I think I liked watching the dub a bit more (That and I didn't have to listen to Daru's horrendous voice in the dub. That shit in unlistenable)
Feb 7, 2014 6:27 AM
Jun 2012
deathfire123 said:
since Kurisu is my favorite character

You, sir, are a man of refined taste.

-Arvis
Feb 20, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2013
You know what? The dub voices sound fine, and since I watch the first episode dubbed first, it'll be hard for me to get used to sub voices. So if you don't like the dub, don't watch it and go watch the sub instead.
Feb 20, 2014 3:10 AM

Sep 2010
It's done really well, actually.
Feb 20, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2012
Steins;Gate was one of my very first anime, when I was still unwilling to watched subbed ones, so I've watched in both sub and dub more than once.

Quite frankly, I think this show has one of the best dubs ever - not only in terms of matching the quality of the original but also adding to and enhancing it. The dub script is written incredibly well - especially some of the dialogue (particularly in the first half of the show) and the humour. Makise and Okabe, 2 of my favourite characters, I felt were more expressive in the dub (of course, M.J. Tatum is simply awesome). The only complaint, or rather improvement that I'd have suggested, would be Mayuri's VA - but in my experience, English dubs have never been great at expressing the 'cute girl' voice. To its credit though, SG remains one of the only anime in which that didn't irritate me to the point where I hated the character.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 27, 2014 6:48 PM
Mar 2013
I was reading an older thread when only episodes 1-4 were out dubbed there were so many people bitching, but now there's a decent number of people loving the dub just goes to show how anime fans are to quick to judge and giving most of us a bad name, I'm more of a dub guy

hell I love dubs so much that I watched 4kids dub of one piece till crocodile stabbed luffy then I check out the subbed version and saw all the blood and violence I was missing

(btw like the one piece funi dub better also just to piss off you subbies)

though my unbiased option would have to be the dubs better

in the sub Mayuri so sweet and annoyingly high pitched that I just wanna strangle her but she's less high pitched in the dub so she's less annoying

in the sub Okabe acted like a dumbass not really sounding smart at all considering he's a fucking scientist dub Okabe is crazy well being witty at the same time making my laugh far more then the sub and he sounds smart to so Okabe sounds much more in charter in the dub since he's also smart

Daru well dub most of you already know how stupid his voice sounds in sub he's a fat hacker but he still has a major role in the story and alot of funny jokes but his sub voice resembles Patrick star from spongebob the Dub I can take seriously and I got more of a laugh outta his jokes

Kurisu well both are pretty close but dub gains points for being in English so dub wins

no minor charters I hated and the cat maids annoying nyan every five fucking words is gone so I don't see a problem

anyone who bitches is either a dub hater a guy who got too attached to the Japanese voices or just doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about since everything fits much better in dub and the annoying parts of the charters are pretty much gone
Feb 28, 2014 6:40 AM
Jun 2012
^^^ So to sum up: Dub = relatable characters. Sub = insulting caricatures.

Sounds about right.

EDIT: well... the Sub Kurisu is pretty good, nothing "caricature" about that performance. But the others are definitely a bit.... "one note." Although Daru, Mayuri, and (horribly) Okabe seem to be the worst offenders in this case.

-Arvis
Mar 9, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
I prefer Kurisu's english voice, simply because it matches her personality so much better than "generic cutesy anime girl voice #18438". Heck, even Mayuri's is somewhat distinct instead of "generic cutesy anime girl voice #19339". It's just weird hearing them in Japanese in the movie after watching the series in eng dub.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Mar 12, 2014 11:59 PM
Dec 2013
Meh, it's ok.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.