| CLOSED | :: GFX Sig Challenge :: *ENTRY ROUND / SEP12*

New
Sep 2, 2012 12:30 PM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009

Join for more updates :: GFX Sig Club ::

:: GFX Sig Challenge :: is an official MAL Award Contest

:: GFX Signature ::

A GFX Signature is about Graphic Effects. So, usually you have a render/picture and you do the background according with what you think will suit better (brushes, contrast, patterns, textures, c4d's...). It's a combination of Graphic Design with Effects. The most used program for this stuff is Photoshop.

Rules:
1. Entries maximum dimension: 600x140 px;
2. Only one entry per user;
3. Entry must be your creation and a non-MAL/updatings signature;
4. Your entry needs to have the minimum requirements to be considered a gfx signature. This goes for: brushes, contrast, patterns, textures, c4d's, effects...;
5. You can't change your entry after it has been posted;
6. Use the posting format;
7. Any entry submitted after the deadline will not be counted for the nominations/voting round;
8. Keep the entries Anonymous! Or you'll be disqualified! This goes for typing your name into your entry or post your entry into your profile, for example.

Theme: FASHION
As for clothing, footwear, accessories or makeup and maybe for something else if you have any other ideas. Hoping to see lots of fancy and fabulous entries. *3*

Posting Format:
- Signature: [ Your entry ]
- Dimension: [ Dimension of your entry ]
- Some words: [ Optional! You can say anything you want related to your entry ]
- Original Image: [ If used more images ]

CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR ENTRY!!!

& Read the Rules and Posting Format Before Posting Please!!!

:: Deadline - 13th of September 2012 at 23:00 GMT ::
tsumuSep 13, 2012 4:41 PM
Sep 2, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2009
Fashion, huh.. May be interesting. ;]
Sep 2, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty good, I have to say, pretty good. Don't think I will have the time to enter unfortunately.
Sep 2, 2012 5:17 PM
Jul 2008
Nice theme, out of the ordinary so requires bit more creativity.
I think choosing the right render would be of most importance here.
Sep 2, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2011
FASHION O.O Great choice of theme, I must say.

TOO MUCH IMAGES TO CHOOSE FROM! //shots
Sep 3, 2012 6:51 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
Kvakond said:
Pretty good, I have to say, pretty good. Don't think I will have the time to enter unfortunately.

Even if the deadline is September 13? since I was little bit late this time
Sep 3, 2012 8:50 AM

Aug 2008
vanRenN said:
Kvakond said:

Even if the deadline is September 13? since I was little bit late this time
With two jobs + school and a lot of shit in my free time.. I even have to work this Sunday.

I'll try to find time but I don't want to make something crappy for the sake of making something
Sep 3, 2012 2:45 PM
Jul 2008
I'm curious, how much time do you need to make something not crappy? This is for veteran sig makers :)
The last contest sig, I made in no more over 10 minutes.
But it usually takes me 10-30 minutes. MAL sigs for some reason take longer.
Sep 4, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Meri said:
I'm curious, how much time do you need to make something not crappy?
I like to spend 1-2 hours picking source image(s) and at least that much on making it. If I have to do complex vector masking time stretches out to infinity.
Sep 4, 2012 5:42 PM
Jul 2008
SquChan said:
Also, I didn't know this contest is for veteran sig makers lol Maybe I should stop participating since I'm no veteran
I never said anything about the contest, I just directed the question toward ppl who have been making sigs for years, because we are more or less settled in to a routine and have our way of doing things, instead of new people who are still experimenting and learning.

Kvakond said:
Meri said:
I like to spend 1-2 hours picking source image(s) and at least that much on making it. If I have to do complex vector masking time stretches out to infinity.
wow that's a lot.
I'll agree with you that choosing the images is most important for me too, but 1-2 hours? wow.
Sep 5, 2012 1:57 AM

May 2011
Nice theme. We'll see... :)
Sep 5, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2011
hmmm maybe ill join

Sep 6, 2012 3:29 AM

Aug 2008
Meri said:
Kvakond said:
Meri said:
wow that's a lot.
I'll agree with you that choosing the images is most important for me too, but 1-2 hours? wow.
For a specific theme I like to pick at least 6-8 possible source images from hundreds of images under different keywords that come to mind. Out of those I then pick the one I actually start working with.
Sep 6, 2012 5:13 PM
Jul 2008
@SquChan
no worries ^~^

zoknimano said:
Isn't that nice, being awesome. I don't think it ever took me less than 2 hours. Then again, most of the time I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

srsly, that's the difference. I always know what I want, but sometimes I dont get it TwT

Kvakond said:
For a specific theme I like to pick at least 6-8 possible source images from hundreds of images under different keywords that come to mind. Out of those I then pick the one I actually start working with.
I guess that's why your method takes so long. I usually work with renders only, that's why it takes less, as I already have a good base of textures, backgrounds, c4ds, and all the other goodies on my PC.
MeriSep 6, 2012 7:26 PM
Sep 7, 2012 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
Meri said:
Kvakond said:
I guess that's why your method takes so long. I usually work with renders only, that's why it takes less, as I already have a good base of textures, backgrounds, c4ds, and all the other goodies on my PC.
I of course have thousands upon thousands of textures, c4ds, brushes (it's a nightmare to handle all in ps), etc. but for the characters I almost never work with premade renders. 1. I have a more specific vision of what I want and there's never a render of that, so it's better if I do it for myself 2. it feels extremely lazy, as if someone else already did half the work for me.

I could make something decent like that in 10 mins, but what's the point. I'm sure as hell not challenging myself and I don't care about challenging others. That's me at least.

Also, I usually don't have a strong grasp on what I want to end up with, just what I want to start with.
Sep 7, 2012 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
Can a fashion theme involve like a suits or hipster clothes or sport shoes?

Sep 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Mastermind995 said:
I would think so though I'm not in charge.
Sep 11, 2012 3:16 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
TheMasterMind said:

Yes, of course! Read the description, as long as it involves clothing, footwear, accessories or makeup it's in. Also some interesting hairstyles would do.. Anyway, 3 more days left hurry up, guys.ヽ(´Д`)人(´Д`)ノ
Sep 13, 2012 4:40 PM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
[ CLOSED! ]

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
6 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:47 AM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.