Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 24, 2013 10:55 PM

Jun 2012
As much as I would have loved to see them "warm" each other up, doing so would be going directly against the reason why she didn't want to call for help in the first place.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Mar 1, 2013 7:16 PM
Aug 2012
satoshi instantly becomes best wingman
Apr 6, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Damn this romantic tension is killing me.
Seriously I hate it.
It will never be resolved.
This whole episode was dumb
Jun 3, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
That beginning, Oreki sit like L
Chitanda's kimono woah
Well, guys hugging each other won't help, trust me :D

So who won the Battle of Anegawa?
Aki-mashi-te Omedeto XD
"Signature removed"
Jun 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The arc of Eru and Oreki still goes very well, a bit forced the deduction made ​​by Oreki to fix the mess in which they were driven out, but the rest is nice to look at, always very calm tone of the narrative. Chitanda in the last episode is going through Mayaka, beautiful figure that is standing in the Kimono, but also Mayaka with long hair is not bad! Too bad the new character only serves as a side dish! Ah!
Jul 26, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
Learnt something new today!!!
The face Oreki had whilst watching that historical film had me laughing XD
Though this was another episodic episode, with an 'unusual mystery (for Mayaka and Satoshi) I really did enjoy it :D
Mayaka and Chitanda both looked realy cute, and Oreki's trench coat looked cool aswell >_<
Oct 1, 2013 11:18 AM

Oct 2009
Oh stupid Oreki, why didn't you let Eru take off the Obi? :P

Eru was gorgeous!
Nov 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
lololololololol
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, but not the best.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jan 2, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
itsvero said:
i was hoping they'd make passionate love in the shed in an attempt to keep warm...

I was hoping too. I was imagining Oreki would say "I have an idea... Maybe if we could hug each other to keep warm? I hope you don't mind." But that will not happen. Oreki is not like that. xD

LordGravewish said:
Also, Oreki should've just accepted Chitanda's obi :P

Lol yeah right.

Atrika said:
Shame Satoshi and Mayaka did not get more airtime in this episode though. I kinda want to see their development as well.

This.
Jan 15, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
Sappy New Year!! XD

Chitanda looked pretty on her Kimono :D. LOL they got locking in the shed with no one to come by until at the end. At least a cuddle or hug will make them warm enough.

Mar 26, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, I thought that to keep warm, they would have to hold themself, I'm decieved :P

Ahhh, she look dang fine in that kimono :3
Hourtarou sure seemed to agree.

Using an old war trick he saw in a tv drama, that's clever xD

Next episode, fromt the title and preview, it look like it will be valentine's day. Maybe Houtarou will get chocolate from you know who ;)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 30, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Tbh I miss the mysteries ... I mean yeah, Chitanda was really pretty in this episode, and there were some other good moments (rich family traditions) but I want another case to solve! Not just romance hinting >_< Though that offer to use the obi string ... lol :P
I wonder how Houtarou got the string off that banner though O_O Good thing Satoshi has a good memory because I probably wouldn't have figured out that message ... I thought they'd developed their own secret messaging system or something lol. Personally I think the rumour-spreading thing is a little silly, especially if you're gonna freeze to death, but like Houtarou maybe I just don't understand it :S
Valentine's day episode next I think! I want chocolate :(
Sep 15, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
did mayaka grew her hair? *slowpoke

nice episode, though hoped for more action :p

2 more eps left, i don't like where im going
May 25, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2008
Umm....when you are trapped...YOU CALL FOR HELP!!!!

I facepalmed so hard this episode.
Jun 8, 2015 9:32 AM
Jun 2015
They luckily because satoshi know houtarou message.If he don't u both stuck in the empty room until death of cold.But honestly I don't want that to happen :P.Btw why just houtarou take the obi string that chintanda offer? XDXDXDXD
Dec 25, 2015 11:34 PM

Sep 2014
Sappy new year. Ep 20.

Plot: Oreki and Chitanda go to the temple for new years. After some shenanigans, both get trapped in the close-I mean shed and its cold outside. It takes 3 tries but they manage to get free thanks to Oreki and Satoshi liking the same show and Satoshi's possible database powers.

Character: Once more this was chock full of ChitandaxOreki goodness. This was a date in all but name. And man I think they're on the same wave length. Oreki, no pulling on Chitanda's Obi. Save that for the wedding. ;)

Animation/sound: The clothing made this a feast for the eyes. And Oreki's little inner screw up head bump was just adorable.

5/5. Weird that I watched this before actual new years.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Feb 4, 2016 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
WolfWood37 said:
Umm....when you are trapped...YOU CALL FOR HELP!!!!

I facepalmed so hard this episode.
Exactly, what a fucking stupid episode.
May 12, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
Its hard to convey someone's feelings especially when you're in tight spots .
Great Episode !!! That is why you need to think hard enough ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2016 7:22 AM

Jan 2016
Well i was right.. said i had a feeling they will focus on just Chitanda and Houtarou.. guess i was right.. hell, even locked in together xD

Episode it self was Funny and some ish clever.Quite satisfying.. Sappy New Year HAHA
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 22, 2016 11:48 AM
Jan 2012
sikachuuu said:
I think this episode is good. I don't really think I picked up anything much because I'm still stunned by Chitanda-chan in a Kimono in the spoiler:

They're so like couple :)

Oh, and don't forget about Mayaka in an unexpected Miku dress. So cute:
;

Oh, by the way, that joke about Obi ... Oreki should have take her Obi! :P

----

There's no way I can end this without posting this following photo ...

;
Like the moments of oreki and chitanda. I see think I've seen this kind of stuck characters scenes in some shed or warehouse in anime as suzumiya, XXXHOLiC and toradora. Likely cliché. Chitanda so very beautiful using a kimono.
Good anyway because it was well set and not very purposeful.
Nov 8, 2016 9:34 PM

Sep 2015
Aye Satoshi the wingman saved em.
But rip I was expecting some romance development while they were trapped trying to solve the problem.
Mar 30, 2017 4:09 AM
Dec 2016
Why don't Chitanda has Kyou's personality

Jun 10, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
This was actually the perfect opportunity for Oreki and Chitanda to get closer.

Good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 25, 2017 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
This was a surprisingly good episode even though it was not mystery related.

Houtarou and Chitanda alone in a shed. Was expecting some sort of a romantic development. Oh well.

Houtarou's tehepero. If he only did it. XD

May 5, 2018 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was way too dark, I couldn't see shit 50% of the time.
Nov 20, 2018 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
I suppose this episode was good on its own, but surely I'm not the only one who was hoping for a bigger mystery considering the hints that the last two episodes were somehow linked.
May 8, 2019 9:53 AM

May 2015
Just take the damn kimono string.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the sexual romantic tension between Oreki and Eru in this episode sure was huge, especially during the Obi scene.

Anyways, pretty entertaining episode overall.

Eru looked gorgeous in her yukata, by the way.
Aug 21, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2017
This time, the characters have to solve their way out of a real pickle! Houtarou's plans to break out of the shed were funny!
Sep 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
ah yes, the shrine storeroom...where the holy torture instruments of Oyashiro are kept

these people seems to kinda act like they're in the 1950s or something if Chitanda worries about her reputation...I wonder if this is accurate in rural Japan or just something appealing to yamato nadeshiko fans
Jan 27, 2020 6:00 AM
Apr 2016
That was nice! A romance episode for the first time.
Jun 11, 2020 10:16 PM

Aug 2019
lmao that was pretty good. Lmao thats actually amazing how Oreki got "Misfortune" as his new years fortune, as if the dude wasn't already tired of solving whole ass cases already. Give it one more year and we gonna see another Hachiman xD
Aug 16, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2018
Not a bad episode. I wish the justification as to why they couldn't just call for help wasn't so contrived, though. Even if there was a misunderstanding (which I feel was unlikely, given their situation), a moment's explanation would have cleared everything up. It was pretty stupid how neither of them reacted when they heard the door was about to be barred again, too.
Aug 30, 2020 4:36 AM

Jul 2020
Kawaii!!

Everything in that episode is just cute. And why there’s a lot of suggestive romantic scenes? I definitely shipped Houtarou and Chitanda but I don’t think it will lead to anything :(
Feb 8, 2021 8:43 PM

Jan 2016
Wait did I miss why they didn’t have phones on them? Or did they just skip on that plot point

Feb 9, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2019
Eru's so cute in a kimono!

Kaho-san looks so different.

Mayaka's reaction when Satoshi came though... how cute with her shyness and blushing!

Pretty funny episode. Not gonna lie I thought they were going to come up with a ridiculous reason as to why he can't just call out. But turns out it makes quite some sense, especially since Eru's family is an upper class family.
Apr 15, 2021 7:37 AM

Jun 2020
The intro started awkwardly looks like they're trapped inside a storage unit while it's cold inside

Eru invited Oreki to go to the shrine and said she'll show off her Kimono to him lucky Oreki
They got trapped inside the shed but they were supposed to go to a warehouse and it's freezing cold for them that only means one thing I think we all know where this is going but sadly It didn't happen as to what I expected it to be

If Satoshi didn't watch the same drama as Oreki has they would have no other choice but to call for help in that way nice save by Satoshi I was expecting at least a hug from Oreki or Comforting Oreki from Eru since It was freezing cold inside.
Jan 7, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2021
I expected more from this episode, it was cool at first but then it got boring.
asdasdsadad
Sep 11, 2022 3:43 AM

Aug 2014
That is a bestfriend for you. It is really cool for Satoshi to find Houtarou from those hints. Only those with same frequency can understand that kind of communication.
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 8, 2022 6:18 PM

Aug 2021
stuck in a shed together for an entire episode and no falling in love or kissing? i feel robbed
Nov 27, 2022 12:03 AM

Jan 2022
Mf missed out on a perfectly golden opportunity to cuddle up with a cute girl who's clearly into him...guess it would have been too much energy >.>
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 5, 2022 6:51 AM

Mar 2019
So the mystery is over. That's a cold for sure. Nice episode.

I still don't want a romance in Hyouka honestly.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2023 9:32 PM
Jun 2021
This anime started out interesting but then peaked after the uncle mystery was resolved and ever since then it's just been utterly boring. The comedy is lame the mysteries are easily solvable or they are just so far fetched they make no sense and there's absolutely no romance between any of the characters. And then episode 20 where they get locked in the store room it just seems like they could have easily gotten out of there by yelling for help and the whole idea of the gossip was just so far-fetched it's like the author of this anime ran out of ideas. This is probably one of the worst animes I've ever seen started out great and it's ending is just atrocious.
TheCreature13Apr 24, 2023 9:35 PM
Oct 22, 2023 5:09 AM

Dec 2022
I don't know why they couldn't call for help and then just explain why they were trapped there.

Never seen a "trapped in a shed" scenario like this where nothing happened either. Not even huddling up to conserve body heat or anything?

Shaded Horizon

Nov 13, 2023 4:20 PM

Oct 2022
While Oreki hid himself, Chitanda could have gotten help to make it outside and after 5 mins or so, return to free Oreki. Least energy using idea tbh

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.