Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 26, 2010 6:57 PM

Aug 2008
Finally Satoko takes a stand.

I like how bits and pieces of the puzzle is coming together. :D
Feb 19, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
Takano, major takano. well i've always have 'that' feeling that she's the bad one , so well, because of her there was that toxic gase eruption . but why ? she;s like a psycho, she laughet because of that she hurts people, and Jirou-san death should be a honour for him. so yeah, it'll end bad .
+ for Satoko, she finally did something useful, screaming over and over Nii-Nii was soooo iritating but of course here it also was.

poor Rika, everything (i think) will get bad and all of that Hinamizawa Syndrome and gase eruption will happen again.
Apr 1, 2010 11:20 PM

May 2009
9th-eden said:
Gah I figured something was up with Takano *sigh* why do the evil ones always look oh so good.... Fantastic episode though can't wait to see where things go from here.

So the work of vengeful hentai artists "punishing" her is hawter?
Apr 12, 2010 5:26 AM

Jan 2010
IAmNotMe said:
I suddenly find myself attracted to Takano... I always did like her eyes. :D

lol same here

and DAT VOICE
Apr 22, 2010 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
yeah I KNEW she was rotten...i did not like her since the 1st time i saw her,she's the creepiest character in Higurashi :\

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 7:01 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, that episode explained a lot again. The last piece of the puzzle is now explained, but sadly not solved in this arc. I bet from now on its just going down... And all that after it took so much effort to finally get satoko out of her shell :(
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2010 5:00 PM

Sep 2009
This is the best episode yet. This season definitely seems superior.
Jun 19, 2010 7:11 PM

Jun 2009
Takano...oooooooaaaaahhhh it all makes sense now.
Jul 3, 2010 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Takano sure has a lot of free time...
Jul 10, 2010 6:48 AM

Mar 2010
So Takano is the mastermind..Well, i have to admit, this episode was great.And explained many things.However, Takano was behind the deaths of every year?I mean, she was the one who started the Oyashiro-sama's curse?
Aug 25, 2010 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
Satoko finally stood up for herself! *cries tears of joy*

I hope Rika holds up to that when this one ends the same.

Yamainu are the ones who killed Rika in the first arc, right?

Takano's behind everything!?!? THAT ROTTEN BITCH. I hope she dies a violent death. Why would she want that to become a reality? What the fuck? She's even worse than Psycho Rena & Psycho Shion. It all makes sense now, I mean.. why that nurse turned off Satoko's light.

If Rika's lived through world's similar to this many times, how does she not realize that Takano is behind it all?
Aug 25, 2010 6:21 PM

Aug 2010
When I found out Takano was behind it I was just thinking damn I should have known but I would have never guessed it because her and Jiyo-san die in every arc. Fooled again damn it.
Sep 12, 2010 1:37 PM

Jan 2010
I was liturally crossing my fingers for Satoko to ask for help! Her reunion with Rika-tachi nearly made me cry for some reason. Oh crap, I'm such a softy. xD

Ik hate Takano Miyo now. I won't deny I liked her in the first season, but GAH. Suddenly I feel it's a shame she wasn't actually dying all those times. >.>

Ah well, it's late...
Oct 4, 2010 1:06 AM

Aug 2010
Well, well, finally an interesting twist. Of course, it was painfully obvious Takano-san wasn't just an unimportant factor in the story, but I'd never really expected her to be behind everything. Can't wait to see what the hell is that Hinamizawa syndrome exactly, the next episode should reveal more. Poor Rika, looks like everything's going to fall to pieces again, just when she was so close.
Oct 13, 2010 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
The beginning of the episode was very well done... i was cheering for Satoko when she admitted to the abuse. The support from her friends, mainly Kei was awesome.

But of course, we all knew that the bad times were coming, and here they are - led by the mysterious Takano.

Now begins the spiral downwards...

5/5
Oct 13, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2008
Well now things make sense in terms of Ooishi's confusion with "too many corpses walking around in this case" from waaaaay back in the first season since Takano was supposed to be dead 24 hours before yet she was seen at the festival. YES I AM AWESOME ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THIS TIDBIT YAY ME <3

I actually went, "Bwah? This chapter's not over?" upon seeing the next episode preview. This really is a long arc! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As for Takano, I never really liked her to begin with, and always thought she acted kind of strange. This just kind of confirms my odd vibe and adds a dash of unexpected evil. :/

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I wanted to add in my cheers for Satoko standing up for herself. That was a very happy moment. X3!!

And so the downward spiral begins~ hauu~
Nov 13, 2010 9:17 PM

Sep 2010
once again, child services failed with the phone call. They should have done what the police did in the last arc in season 1.
Now I remember the spoiler I read back in season 1 that Takano is the mastermind.
NOW this world is done for. Nice attempt, Rika and group.

Nov 19, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
Wow Takano is INSANE!
Dec 19, 2010 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
So it was Takano the whole time?! and YAY Satacos saved! but n Jiro died... and then Irie will die D= NO! but on the bright side im so happy Sataco told them to save her! she was pretty beaten up =( but yay now shes all okay ^^ still im very mad at Takano! how cou8ld she do that >={ i hope she get caught!
Dec 27, 2010 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
I knew Takano was behind everything!!
Ni Paaa ^_^

Jan 12, 2011 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
ZOMG! Takano is an evil bitch.
Jan 12, 2011 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
ZOMG! Takano is an evil bitch.
Mar 24, 2011 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
Rika is gunna be pissed that the curse still happened. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this.
Jun 18, 2011 6:17 PM

Jun 2010
Tatorigoroshi-hen gave the most hints about Takano, it figures that the answer arc would explain why, she'd a crazy evil bitch with a very sad past.

...Oh, that last part was Matsuribayashi. Oh well, you'll have 3-4 episode of just seeing her past!
Jul 1, 2011 8:02 AM

Oct 2010
now i understand... shit, this is going bad!!! i just wish this doesn't jeprodise the chances of rika staying in the labyrinth of 'fate' :/
Oct 16, 2011 1:56 AM
Oct 2011
interesting episode, give a strong hint as to what really killed everyone in the village.
I knew takano had something going on behind the scene, since it was revealed her "corpse" died 24 hours before the festival, but we knew she alive ad well during it.
Poor tomitake, always dying..
Also explain why her guards killed her, even though they are suppose to be protecting her.
Nov 5, 2011 10:43 PM
Nov 2011
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW that bitch was up to no good! It always seemed suspicious to me that she would LAUGH about the OyashiroSama curse. WHO laughs at the fact that people DIED and DISAPPEARED! She was always suspicious. She always seemed to know too much. In fact, I could tell from the beginning she probably attacked JirouSan. Obviously, he was attacked by someone he knew, which is why he was caught by surprise and able to be attacked easily. No doubt he would have been more cautious if that wasn't the case. This episode confirmed my suspicions all along. Takano is a bitch and deserves to DIE!!!
(SIGH) Glad I got that out of my system! :D
Apr 8, 2012 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
I don't get it...so is Takano's motivation to simply "watch the world burn?" She wants to see the "curse" happen and release the virus...but for what purpose?
Jun 30, 2012 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
OMG and I was so happy for Satoko! I wish I could just go into the show and explain all this to everyone D;
Jul 6, 2012 7:26 PM

May 2012
Damn that also directly changed allot, damn this is getting good :D
Jul 6, 2012 10:35 PM

Jun 2011
I had a gut feeling from the very beginning that Takano was up to something fishy. Her voice kinda gave it away.

This is getting really good.
Jul 21, 2012 12:16 AM

Jun 2012
takano is still hot...
Aug 1, 2012 5:48 PM

Oct 2011
I didn't expect at all that Takano is involved in this !!
Aug 5, 2012 2:25 PM

Dec 2011
HA I called this all the way back in episode 11 of season 1

Divy said:
For some inexplicable reason, when Takano said her car's boot was already full... I had this horrible sensation that there was a body inside it (maybe Tomitake's?)

Getting my Sherlock Holmes on like a baus! >:)
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Aug 12, 2012 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
Yay Satoko!

....and Takano boo! T__T Everything is so happy....and then shit happens.
Oct 2, 2012 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
Like they'd ever end an episode on a happy note..i love it
Nov 12, 2012 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
traed said:
wow i was cheering for Satoko to say it and she did lol

OMG Takano that crazy 8!tch!!! 0_0 i actually called it before she said it, i always thought her suspicious and this explains a lot of things, like its not aliens for one thing, that was a lie lol

So true. There were so many pieces of evidence pointing to her being the culprit. her fake thesis's to arouse suspicion and the way she kept on trying to ignore the warnings because she knew it was true. Not to mension the bodyguards were seen previously and also had that weird as uniform. I wish tehy would just develop a nuke or something and threaten to bomb tokyo or something to live their happy lives
Nov 26, 2012 10:08 PM
Aug 2012
damn it. after the first season i campaigned to my friends that takano was the most sane out of everyone. i must keep my pride and never let them see!
Dec 29, 2012 11:20 PM
Apr 2012
traed said:
i always thought her suspicious and this explains a lot of things, like its not aliens for one thing, that was a lie lol

You just made me realize that Takano, knowing how the Hinamizawa Syndrome works, purposefully instilled paranoia into little Rena IN HOPES of her reaching level 5. The sick woman....

L-O-V-E-D this episode. What an emotional roller coaster! I cried a few tears and screamed "THAT'S seizing your power! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN POWERFUL" at the computer when Satako finally stood up to her uncle. Beautiful and inspiring!

And then Takano... Only a strong will can break/create fate. Who's will is stronger. Takano's or Rika and the gang?

This show is teaching me so much about myself. Can't wait for the next ep!
Dec 29, 2012 11:24 PM
Apr 2012
oh yeah, has anyone else noticed that her name is Takano MI-yo?? Mi!! Demon character (just like Sonozaki Mi-yon)

I think that was a hint to show that she's possessed or something.
Dec 29, 2012 11:26 PM
Apr 2012
Karasuchan said:
Takano sure has a lot of free time...

lmao...
Dec 30, 2012 4:29 AM

Aug 2009
AtlasStruggles said:
oh yeah, has anyone else noticed that her name is Takano MI-yo?? Mi!! Demon character (just like Sonozaki Mi-yon)

I think that was a hint to show that she's possessed or something.
No her name had no meaning.If you are looking for a hint look at the first season in the ep where Keichi dies in the hospital by Mion's "ghost".Before that, Oishi tells to him that her corpse's time of death was before the festival,but Takano WAS in the festival.
Jan 3, 2013 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
I knew it! It's always bugs be in the first season when it was revealed that "Takano" died 24 hours earlier, the time when the real Takano was walking, talking at the festival. I was thinking it's either a) lapses between alternate universes where two Takano both appeared or b) someone faked her death.
Feb 10, 2013 1:23 PM

May 2012
What a bitch, it was pretty obvious though seeing as how she handed out the scrapbooks in every single arc leading up to this from season 1
Feb 10, 2013 1:27 PM

May 2012
The sad thing i just realized is that everyone is going to die in the end, if you remember the first episode rena was the only one that survived, logicly that would mean she's the only one that makes it out alive
Mar 31, 2013 10:36 AM

Mar 2013
Now it all makes fu!#!@-sense !
I just hope now that rika manages to deduce that Takano is responsible for the ultimate destruction of Hinamizawa and manages to stop it in the next arc...

Also i get the impression that Takano just called us idiots, since we also believed that something supernatural explained her dying a day before the festival :3

Also why didnt she sent Hannyu to spy on them ? Even more, everything would be so much easier if Hannyu helped more ....
Mar 31, 2013 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
StonedAnime said:
The sad thing i just realized is that everyone is going to die in the end, if you remember the first episode rena was the only one that survived, logicly that would mean she's the only one that makes it out alive

Perhaps that only applies to a certain universe? Maybe Rika is just "reliving" in parallel universes , and because she spends some time in each one, the time she has for the next one is getting shorter. I cant really explain it that well, but if this was the case it would explain a lot of things .

Perhaps there is one universe where Rika will live on along with her friends , thus continuing her life no matter what happened to the other 1000++ universes.
Apr 27, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2012
Nice 5.

So does that mean Rena was infected once?

Anyway. Explains a lot. So much for the patrol...
Does explain what happens to the Dr. though.

Also won't her uncle just come back years later? Or is he for life? Probably better if they just killed him with permission.

Not that it seems to matter much since things still happened yet again. Also doesn't bring back her nii nii.

Also I do feel for Rika. Even if you try to change fate, things will still happen. Sometimes worse. See where this goes. I might take a break for now though. Save some for later.
RPGX_OmegaApr 27, 2013 2:23 PM
May 11, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2011
I was expecting that Takano was the guilty but poor Rika

May 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
so it's Takano behind all this thing ehh? :/
poor Rika .. she's been trying not give up on Fate..
damn , from the first time I've seen Takano.. i know there's something behind her..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.