Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2007 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finally, animated black Takano. I've been waiting for this for the last 36 episodes.

Poor Rika, even though she tried to prevent it, Oyashiro-sama's curse seems to have struck again. Though the reason behind the "curse" is maybe less mystical than one might have thought. Minagoroshi is finally going to start living up to its name.
Sep 14, 2007 12:11 PM

Jun 2007
superb episode.

Sep 14, 2007 10:12 PM

Jun 2007
oh man
dark takano is devilishly hot
great episode now then what about rika
Sep 15, 2007 6:27 PM

Dec 2006
I liked it, but it was a bit boring... I wanted more action! Possibly more slaughtering! And moar of Keiichi being awesome...

Oh well... I knew there was something creepy about Takano!... And for some reason I keep picturing her with glasses...
Sep 15, 2007 8:34 PM

Mar 2007
Gah... if I had not seen screencaps from RandomC, I would have been severely surprised at what happened in this episode. Wonder how the rest of the arc will play out.
Sep 16, 2007 7:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Quite a few things are coming together now, was interesting to see. Can't wait to see more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 16, 2007 7:18 PM

Sep 2006
Times like these makes me want to play the PC games and find out the rest of the story.
But I sort of guessed that Takano had something to do with it.

Sep 18, 2007 12:01 PM

Nov 2006
T_T My image of Takano...shattered again......and scandal shall forever taint her name. She has even gone past Shion for her little....thing..... since insanity is kinda fun to watch.
Sep 18, 2007 6:54 PM

Apr 2007
Even though I knew this was coming (read spoilers when back when season 1 ended), I can't believe I still have the avvy of Takano. I said I would remove it when the time comes, but it was such a funny GIF. Soon enough, I'll find a better one to replace it. XD

Although this episode was kinda ruined for me since I knew the culprit, I'll rate it as a person who had never read the spoilers. Bravo~ I really like how DEEN is progressing on with this season.
Sep 19, 2007 8:15 PM

Jan 2007
I personally didn't know so this is quite a surprise for. This arc has just become interesting.
Oct 2, 2007 9:55 PM

Apr 2007
Higurashi never fails to amaze me. This show is just awesomness...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2007 5:18 AM

Feb 2007
I always suspected Takano. Good to see that I was right about her.

I would watch Episode 12 and 13 right now if it wasn't for the fact that Prison Break is on right now...
Jan 29, 2008 4:59 PM

Dec 2007
Well that explains a lot, I always thought that something was up with Takano but I had no idea that she was the mastermind behind it all. I have been wondering if it was some ghost that appeared on the night of Watanagashi but now I know the truth.

#NBHNC
Mar 14, 2008 6:35 AM

Jan 2008
i never liked Takano from the start. >.<
i guess that explains Tomitake's death.
too bad, Tomitake's fate never changes. XP
Apr 19, 2008 4:56 AM

Feb 2008
Hahah! Yeah, poor Tomitake.

So, the Hinazimawa Syndrome is now on the line! YEAH!
Jul 19, 2008 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm so Takano's behind everytihng -_-"

Well.... this is one LONG arc o__o... but they won the fight for Satoko ^^.... About the whole 5th level thing... if that's the 5th level... and they said that Satoko had the 3rd level... so is it like the same disease??? Or is that just Hinamizawa's disease??? @_@

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
I never liked Takano either, especially her eyes and everything, i hated her. Her voice was always so fucking annoying to me, e________e;; I sorta, "softened" up whenever she went all cutesyy in one ep, but now, I fucking hate her. Stupid girl, after everything Rika did, my god, wah !

its so frustrating, well, onto the next damn episode.

Sep 9, 2008 11:21 AM

Jul 2008
Takano's behind everything, I really suprised XD
Sep 20, 2008 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
Aww, the first half of this episode was heartwarming. Rika gives Satoko the confidence to go against Teppei, and she's saved. Seriously, all through that scene I was like, "Go Satoko! Stand up to that prick of an uncle! :D" xD Too bad that's going to be undone, because...

It's revealed who's pulling the strings behind the scenes: it's Takano. Yeah, I was a bit suspicious of her, too, with being all giddy and stuff when it came to Oyashiro-sama's curse, it doesn't seem that far of a stretch for her to try and instigate it. But now she knows that Rika has some foresight (technically, hindsight, but she thinks is foresight, haha) on what's going to happen, so this can't end well...after all that Rika's trying to do and had her hopes up again.
Oct 8, 2008 3:51 AM

Mar 2008
wow i was cheering for Satoko to say it and she did lol

OMG Takano that crazy 8!tch!!! 0_0 i actually called it before she said it, i always thought her suspicious and this explains a lot of things, like its not aliens for one thing, that was a lie lol

Oct 9, 2008 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
I was so glad to finally see Satoko stand up for herself. It annoyed me to watch her to just sit there and take it.

I was a bit surprised to see Takano behind such things. I never really thought of her being bad. But it's about time for so many things to finally start making sense! I can't wait to see what else is explained. Like what exactly happened to Satoshi.
Oct 10, 2008 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
It couldn't have been anyone else, i knew it by the sound of her voice, too evil "D
~de Arimasu
Oct 18, 2008 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
Wyvr said:
It couldn't have been anyone else, i knew it by the sound of her voice, too evil "D

I was always suspicious of her for the same reason.

NOW I understand why things ALWAYS start the same way (with Tomitachi and Takano's deaths...)

This show just acheived a whole new level of awesome..
Oct 29, 2008 2:47 PM

May 2008
Heart_of_Storm said:
Wyvr said:

And that makes three.

Well this explains a lot of things.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 16, 2008 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
Heh, this was an awesome episode. Not only did Satoko *finally* stand up for herself against her uncle, but we're also finally learning something more of the mysteries of the series. I had suspected Takano was behind Tomitake's death from the scene in the first series where she had his bike in her car. Can't wait to see where things go from here.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 21, 2008 6:19 PM

Aug 2008
ukonkivi said:
Heart_of_Storm said:
Wyvr said:

And that makes three.

And that makes most of us! xD
She was the only one who had "weird" eyes throughout the entirety of season 1, too.
But I thought she really did died though... And the thing about the "walking corpse"(she being dead for over 24h), I thought it was just a mistake by Oishi's team... So I was one of those "naive idiots" huh? >_>
However I was right in one thing! There's really a huge conspiracy going on, one that appears to be the cause of the village's massacre.
I also thought that the Government was involved in it. Takano's isn't probably the real mastermind afterall... well maybe.
Yay! Keiichi's awesomeness saved Satoko! Too bad he's not awesome enough yet to save Rika-chan ^^
Wait... why did Takono left those Notes to Rena for? More questions unanswered!
Nov 30, 2008 2:42 PM

May 2008
I am really starting to hate this season now, all there was was talking and now the whole evil Takano thing makes it seem like a diffrent anime.
Dec 15, 2008 3:53 AM

Dec 2008
Genix said:
ukonkivi said:
Heart_of_Storm said:
Wyvr said:

And that makes three.

And that makes most of us! xD
She was the only one who had "weird" eyes throughout the entirety of season 1, too.
But I thought she really did died though... And the thing about the "walking corpse"(she being dead for over 24h), I thought it was just a mistake by Oishi's team... So I was one of those "naive idiots" huh? >_>
However I was right in one thing! There's really a huge conspiracy going on, one that appears to be the cause of the village's massacre.
I also thought that the Government was involved in it. Takano's isn't probably the real mastermind afterall... well maybe.
Yay! Keiichi's awesomeness saved Satoko! Too bad he's not awesome enough yet to save Rika-chan ^^
Wait... why did Takono left those Notes to Rena for? More questions unanswered!

If i have a gun, Ill shoot Takano with all the rounds available. This story just keeps getting better and better... who would have thought the corpse of Takano was a fake! Great story!
Feb 4, 2009 6:55 AM

Nov 2008
Kittenia said:
I never liked Takano either, especially her eyes and everything, i hated her. Her voice was always so fucking annoying to me, e________e;; I sorta, "softened" up whenever she went all cutesyy in one ep, but now, I fucking hate her. Stupid girl, after everything Rika did, my god, wah !

its so frustrating, well, onto the next damn episode.

U can just call Takano as a .....BITCH!!!! Even Rika didn't know about this >.<
Mar 8, 2009 8:17 PM

Jul 2008
way to go ooshi! he had men ready to go to get satoko back. but now theres takano, shes been planning this for a while; faking her death, the death of the doc and the photoguy, plus rika's death, who the hell is she really?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 11, 2009 11:52 PM

May 2008
Gah I figured something was up with Takano *sigh* why do the evil ones always look oh so good.... Fantastic episode though can't wait to see where things go from here.
Mar 17, 2009 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
I suddenly find myself attracted to Takano... I always did like her eyes. :D
Mar 27, 2009 1:27 PM

Dec 2008
That was BRILLIANT
Apr 13, 2009 3:04 AM

Jul 2008
The best episode this season, some things are coming together. Takano is the culprit. But does Rika always fuck herself when she predicts the future to Takano, I guess that isn't the case since she has mentioned that she has "given in" to fate many times, but she still ends up dying.
Jun 1, 2009 5:49 PM
Mar 2009
akfjdsklfjdsklfj WRY. Now Dr. Irie's going to die *again* and Rika's going to die *again*
I hate Takano so much omfg. It's because of her that my two favorite characters of this series have to die ;o;
Aug 3, 2009 7:56 PM

Mar 2009
That was a surprising episode.
4/5
I kinda knew Takano was somewhat evil.
but im still alittle confused on some things..
:\

Sep 2, 2009 8:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, I didn't see it coming, but I have to say I never trusted Takano. She was always so creepy... and her voice is the most annoying thing in the world. Ugh, I really hate her now. What a shock that she was the one behind Tomitake's death... and pretty much all of Hinamizawa?

It took 10 episodes, but this season just got better.
Sep 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like my first impression of Takano wasn't wrong, she truly is an evil bitch.
Her voice for starters is the prime example of an evil villain, and the fact she's always so scary calm.

Looks like her cute nipa~ moment was just an act, or that's her "crazy face" xD
Nov 24, 2009 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
Wow...I don't know how much minutes I spent watching this with my mouth wide open.

I never really trusted Takano, and I hate myself to not have seen her to be the culprit! *Like, body died 24 hours ago, burned, creepy voice, damnit! It was so easy to see!* But then again, I never suspected the curse to be ruled by a mastermind, more like just a group of person. Well you know, I didn't expected one certain character to be the ''final boss'' XD . Then again, there HAS to be one, gosh, is my reasoning really that bad? It's almost embarassing -_-'.

Aaaaaanyway, this is the best episode so far in the second season. It puts crucial pieces to the puzzle that is Higurashi. Gonna watch the rest tomorrow, I need to sleep since this series is so much addictive...
­
Jan 7, 2010 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
What the..I was right? My Takano theory was correct! Oh dear, I really didn't want to be right! But I knew it wouldn't work out. There are a few more arcs, and this chapter is the "MASSACRE" Chapter. Saa. Well, It was a good episode anyway!
I'm so happy for Satoko, too bad it can't last ne?
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 26, 2010 6:57 PM

Aug 2008
Finally Satoko takes a stand.

I like how bits and pieces of the puzzle is coming together. :D
Feb 19, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
Takano, major takano. well i've always have 'that' feeling that she's the bad one , so well, because of her there was that toxic gase eruption . but why ? she;s like a psycho, she laughet because of that she hurts people, and Jirou-san death should be a honour for him. so yeah, it'll end bad .
+ for Satoko, she finally did something useful, screaming over and over Nii-Nii was soooo iritating but of course here it also was.

poor Rika, everything (i think) will get bad and all of that Hinamizawa Syndrome and gase eruption will happen again.
Apr 1, 2010 11:20 PM

May 2009
9th-eden said:
Gah I figured something was up with Takano *sigh* why do the evil ones always look oh so good.... Fantastic episode though can't wait to see where things go from here.

So the work of vengeful hentai artists "punishing" her is hawter?
Apr 12, 2010 5:26 AM

Jan 2010
IAmNotMe said:
I suddenly find myself attracted to Takano... I always did like her eyes. :D

lol same here

and DAT VOICE
Apr 22, 2010 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
yeah I KNEW she was rotten...i did not like her since the 1st time i saw her,she's the creepiest character in Higurashi :\

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 7:01 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, that episode explained a lot again. The last piece of the puzzle is now explained, but sadly not solved in this arc. I bet from now on its just going down... And all that after it took so much effort to finally get satoko out of her shell :(
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2010 5:00 PM

Sep 2009
This is the best episode yet. This season definitely seems superior.
Jun 19, 2010 7:11 PM

Jun 2009
Takano...oooooooaaaaahhhh it all makes sense now.
Jul 3, 2010 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Takano sure has a lot of free time...
Jul 10, 2010 6:48 AM

Mar 2010
So Takano is the mastermind..Well, i have to admit, this episode was great.And explained many things.However, Takano was behind the deaths of every year?I mean, she was the one who started the Oyashiro-sama's curse?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.