Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2012
Who are you……
Nowhere,everywhere.

Sep 1, 2012 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
Rearia said:
Who are you……

Looks like Kirito be smoking the good stuff.
Sep 1, 2012 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Thank you A-1 for not ruining this episode, I love you <3
Really. Really, really.

And to the inevitable complainants, I'd like to say a couple things that shouldn't be said. So I'll refrain. Go figure.
OosranSep 1, 2012 12:02 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 1, 2012 12:03 PM
Aug 2012
so much shiver, awesome episode btw.
Sep 1, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode. Finally, one that can be said honestly.

Kirito was cool out there.

That leader guy reeks of conspiracy though.
Sep 1, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Nice to see Kirito finally go berserk and show what he's made of. He finished the job with an ounce of his life left. Crazy shit.

Asuna x Kirito moment with the long hug. Cute indeed.
Sep 1, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2010
Well, that was a good episode, the fight stood out, the hug was cute, and Klein was in it (always a plus).

This is my first time watching a raw for an airing anime and not waiting for subs. I was really surprised that I didn't miss anything important and that I actually understood most of the details too.
Sep 1, 2012 1:33 PM

May 2011
Very nice job on animating the fight. One of the great moments in the novel when Kirito shows off how awesome he is with his dual blades. Next episode should also be really awesome.

Loved the Kirito x Asuna moment. Favorite pairing this season for sure. ^^
Sep 1, 2012 1:36 PM
Aug 2012
Pretty good ep but Kirito's expressions were a tad awkward to watch, during the fight.

Rearia said:

I had to laugh at this xD
Idle_ObserverSep 1, 2012 1:44 PM
Sep 1, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
aww... Kirito and Asuna :p So cute. And the dual blades skill was great to watch.
Sep 1, 2012 2:16 PM
Aug 2009
Starburst stream OP. I could see why the rumors says something about defeat with like 50+ slashes since the skill is 16 hits but somehow looks like...a lot more than 16.
No complaints coming for me for this episode so my expectations for this anime has already kind of died so I only watch it to watch an animated form of a few of the scenes I liked, like the one Kirito does the introductions of Asuna to Klein~
Sep 1, 2012 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
Why the hell are they still using still-shots for fights? I don't understand. What the hell is going on?
Sep 1, 2012 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
kayos90 said:
Why the hell are they still using still-shots for fights? I don't understand. What the hell is going on?
You should ask it more towards the spoiler
cause that proves WTF is really going on. Quality drop at some points.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 1, 2012 2:45 PM

Feb 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
kayos90 said:
You should ask it more towards the spoiler
cause that proves WTF is really going on. Quality drop at some points.

You're right. This is the episode with the most erratic quality. Certain shots look really really good. The best in the series. Others looks like complete ass. I don't get what they're spending their time on. Why can't they just animate stuff instead of using freaking still-shots.
Sep 1, 2012 2:57 PM
Mar 2012
Rearia said:
Who are you……

MY ANGST IS FAR GREATER THAN YOURS
Sep 1, 2012 2:58 PM
Oct 2010
damn this ep seemed so short. pretty awesome. some main story finally
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 1, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2011
Hell yes. Dual blades! Now that's badass. The only thing that can make it more badass is if he had the same black sword as a second one.

He barely made it from that boss! That was quite a battle, he sure looks so desperate.
Love the hug of Asuna in the end.

Now, cannot wait to see the battle between Kirito vs. the leader of the Knights of Blood Oath, having Asuna as a price!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man,that was one awesome episode!
Sep 1, 2012 3:09 PM
Mar 2008
Meh, he keeps pulling these skills out of his ass.
Sep 1, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
draker said:
Meh, he keeps pulling these skills out of his ass.

He actually pulled it out of his ass multiple floors ago.

As you can see, they even had the side story of them making his second sword, not really all that random and fairly obvious if you think about it with all those people posting "Why isn't he using his shitsword other sword Lis made for him?"
Sep 1, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was probably the best one thus far. I thought there was a fair balance between the action and the Kirto x Asuna development.
Sep 1, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2012
Really awesome episode. Wish the fight had been longer.

Can't wait for the duel next episode!

Dual blades FTW!
Sep 1, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2008
Well, made a gif for the fight... 10 MBs... wonder if it'll make anyone lag.

Sep 1, 2012 3:24 PM

May 2012
Man I had Goosebumps when i saw his dual sword skill, So i guess thats the reason why he made another sword but never used it. He owned that boss so hard

Loved Asuna's ridiculous long hug such a sweet moment =D.

I wonder how Kirito is going to beat that commander guy.
Sep 1, 2012 3:25 PM
Mar 2012
Paul said:

wonder why no one else can fight like that
Sep 1, 2012 3:26 PM

May 2012
Best episode of the whole series so far in my opinion! Kirito's fight with that boss was freakin insane! I was wondering when he was gonna use that other sword, I guess it was always for that dual blades ability he has. The stuff with Asuna crying and taking a nap on him was pretty sweet and fluffy. Looks like their relationship just took a huge step with this episode. I really want Kirito to defeat the leader of the Knights of Blood, but something tells me he's gonna get seriously owned. Should be a great duel next week! Can't wait!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 1, 2012 3:30 PM
Jul 2012
The music make the whole episode new to me
Sep 1, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It was just not there for me. In fact I kind of see Kirito as Accelerator but a weaker version there. Way weaker IMO. Kirito was nice with his dual skill and certainly it proved itself in SFX along with efficiency but in thee end anger Kirito no match up for Accelerator RAGE despite being quite similar if you can kind of see the facial there of him and Accelerator. Well just a IMO.

Yup, Accelerator would annihilate Kirito.
It's really too bad the berserk state was not more original. As much as I can agree with the facials generics here and there, I was kind of expecting it differently.

Can anyone cross-reference from the LN the emotional states of Asuna/Kirito from words in the LN to the presentation offered of this episode? *looking at all LN readers with gleaming eyes* Point being WANT TO KNOW....is anime did things better or the LN have overall better delivery. Again asking this as usual cause of time constraints of not being able to R&D the LN myself.

i think this ep is the exact same as the LN i cant even think of anything important they left out in this episode

BTW they made up a bit for not showing the dual blades skill in the Liz episode because at the end Liz was teasing Kirito for exposing 'their secret'
Sep 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2011
Well, the series is improving, thats for sure.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 1, 2012 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode by far. So much development in this episode. Now Kirito has Duel Blades that makes himself unique in his own way. Can't for next week :D.
Yes. Yes. My avatar is s sheep ._ .
Sep 1, 2012 3:36 PM
Oct 2010
Well, no matter what trolls and haters say, this was a cool episode.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 1, 2012 3:37 PM

May 2010
another flaw in SAO. only he can use dual blades.

yeh sure..

this is not getting better at all..average anime still. and fancy animations cant hide it.
Sep 1, 2012 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
Finally we get to see the guild leader hehe...
cant wait to see their fight next epi.
And man.. that was a long hug.. O_O!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 1, 2012 3:41 PM
Feb 2012
It's a good show for 12+, that's about it . . .
There's no deep story to be found here.
Sep 1, 2012 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I believe this anime is focus for the novel reading, only those LN reader will completely understand what is going on, but they did cover the most part of the novel in this episode.

I wonder how they will ever make it to 25 episodes when they rush like this, maybe it's possible it will cover the next arc as well. O_o

But still will that be enough for 25 episodes?

I looking forward to see Suguha so hoping for the next arc. :D
KvakondSep 1, 2012 4:30 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 1, 2012 3:43 PM
Nov 2011
For those of you who sincerely enjoy the heartwarming moments between Asuna x Kirito. There is a whole lot more to come.

For those of you who loves action, and fight scenes, there will be less.

I'll be the first to admit I've become a major fanboy of the series, but ever since gundam 00 (and even in that series, it wasn't all that great), action and fight scenes in anime had a drop off ever since. As much as I loved the story, characters, visuals etc in recent popular and great series such as Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online. The fight scenes was never great.
Maybe it's just hard to make actual good animated fight scenes. Ever since we are kids, we saw dragonball, and other anime with its cheesy screenshot fight scenes. If you think about it, it's really just a whole bunch of screenshots of characters distorted facial expressions combined into one large animation of blast, then apparently that was a fight scene.

The Kirito dual blade cut fight scene was the first real combat and movement within ONE SCREEN since forever. I am not an animator, i'd imagine it must be hard to make those fighting scenes, but i'm getting a little sick of them cutting different screens to make it look like a fight when all i see is, *charge* *slash* *enemy drop*.
3 screens combined together into a 10 second video.

Even the much vaulted Fate/Zero continuously do this trick.

My point is, is it just me who noticed this trend in animes for the past decade? Is it truly that hard to make real action scenes?

I'm quite interested to know what other people think of this.
Sep 1, 2012 3:44 PM

Jan 2012
The first episode since episode 2 that i can say was really good.
Sep 1, 2012 3:46 PM
Mar 2011
I had pretty high expectations since people were saying that from ep 8 on, when the show gets back to the main story, the quality will increase a lot. However, while I think episodes 2-7 did very well in sketching how the characters developed in the first two years, so they were fine (not good, as the stories themselves were nothing special and original, but fine nonetheless), the quality in the last two eps dropped down to average at best.

Kirito trying to take Asuna away? The leader wants a duel because of that? Cut the crap, it was obvious to everyone, surely including Kirito, how flowed his argument was and all he wanted was to force Kirtito into his guild. And a special skill only Kirito has? Unless he's just saying so to keep secret how he got it, it's just more bullshit (but it's early to tell which the case is).
Sep 1, 2012 3:48 PM

Aug 2012
great episode
finally a boss fight on his own been waiting for that !
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive.Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
see you space cowboy...

Sep 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
Kirito soloing the boss like a badass with dual swords was pretty awesome.
And asuna somewhat confessing was cute.

Next ep: Fight for your love!
Sep 1, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2011
NNick said:
It's a good show for 12+, that's about it . . .
There's no deep story to be found here.

The show doesn't have to be deep to be for grown-ups. Have you ever heard of action or comedy genre? You can watch an anime for plenty of reasons - not just to feed your soul :)

I hope show continues to bring up more fight scenes and story development, and less episodes that feel like a filler. This episode was excellent imo - 5/5!
Sep 1, 2012 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
Well, mike I can understand that but this anime is not focus at making awesome fighting scenes, so that's why we going to continue see less fighting in this anime.

Well at least I prefer these scenes with Asuna x Kirito and now we got a fun moment with Klein as well. Haha. :D
The Army was stupid he should let his men resting, isn't that the basic to try conquer a boss? O_o

It's might be just me but I can't see any wrong with the quality and just saying ah well it's all good I guess.

I keep it simple I just want to see more Kirito x Asuna.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 1, 2012 3:58 PM

May 2012
WTH super bad ass..

Sep 1, 2012 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
Even so he almost got killed, did you check his HP?

Miyakoto said:
Kirito soloing the boss like a badass with dual swords was pretty awesome.
And asuna somewhat confessing was cute.

Next ep: Fight for your love!

Sep 1, 2012 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:

Awesome! And i loved this episode, can't wait for next week.

Sep 1, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

For some reason, I thought this episode was sort of cute especially with Asuna sharing the food with Kirito, her little smile, the long hug, and Klein's return. Speaking of.. I lol'd @ Klein's reaction after meeting Asuna. Fucking priceless.

As some others have said,

God, I love the music for this series..

Also, I wonder how long they've been hugging

Yes, the choreography with the music is what made this episode. The animation took a back seat which just goes to show what good direction can accomplish.

As an aside, I was glad they included Lizbeth towards the end, letting us know that Kirito did indeed show her Dual-Blades. I also noticed that Lizbeth was lugging around another Crystalline Ingot inside that box of her's.

Anybody else notice any tidbit details in this episode that might have been overlooked?
Sep 1, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2011
That fight was impressive, but I loled how during the entire conversation between Klein and Kirito after the battle, Asuna was in the same position hugging Kirito for like five minutes. The end art is really pretty though.

By the way, their avatars are supposed to be how they look in real life right? This may be ignorant of me, but why are there so many old people?

And I still don't get this "hierarchy" of guilds and just like... the players in general. Um, can't Kirito and Asuna just walk away from that Heathcliff dude? Why does it even matter what they think? Asuna could even just quit the guild if she wanted to. Why do those panel of commanders get their very own glass-walled room?
yamagoopSep 1, 2012 4:09 PM
Sep 1, 2012 4:08 PM

Jun 2011
I'd say this episode has been better than the past 7 by a long shot. I just hope it can continue to stay in this quality. Also love the dual blades. :P
Sep 1, 2012 4:09 PM

Aug 2012
itsvero said:
That fight was impressive, but I loled how during the entire conversation between Klein and Kirito after the battle, Asuna was in the same position hugging Kirito for like five minutes. The end art is really pretty though.

By the way, their avatars are supposed to be how they look in real life right? This may be ignorant of me, but why are there so many old people?

I guess it means a lot of older people play VR games.

Hey, I know plenty of people who play these games and they always invite me to play some of the WII and Xbox games that either track your body movements or use accelerometers in the controller pads.
Sep 1, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2011
>SAO
>Finally got good
Oh that fight scene, come on people, tell me the wait was worth it.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.