Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2012 6:57 PM

May 2010
embarrassing to read but well.
seiyuu isn't comedian...the prank was too far.
Aug 31, 2012 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
MitsukiHimeka said:
Even though the thing Kanemoto and Terashima did was terrible, but I think 2ch putting series that has nothing to do this on their boycott list is going too far.
They're targeting anything affiliated with King Records, Starchild Records (Joshiraku), Kokoro Connect merchandise (sans the LNs) and Yamanaka products. HnG is fair game for them.

I agree with you though, and not many there take boycott lists too seriously anyway. The scandal however will severely impact the Kokoro Connect anime's sales and maybe anything affiliated with the seiyuu for a little while.

The reason why I'm worried for HnG is because Manglobe products tend to not sell well anyway, so a few zealous boycotters could make things even worse for them.
Aug 31, 2012 10:03 PM

Dec 2011
oh well why have to be now knowing this t(*A*t) when i in the middle of enjoying Kokoro Connect

man really , toying with people with something like this is not funny eventhough they laugh about it , really , i lose respect to them
Aug 31, 2012 11:56 PM

Nov 2008
TV channel listings for Kokoro Connect have changed episode 9's title from 「止まらない止まらない止まらない」 (Can't Stop x 3) to 「気づいてしまって」 (I Realized)
----

Coincidence ?
Sep 1, 2012 12:01 AM

Jan 2011
Zyglrox said:
Zmffkskem said:

IIRC SLink producers also participated.

The people responsible are affiliated with Enterbrain and King Records, not Silver Links.

So the basically it's all the Seiyuu side? I see.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Sep 1, 2012 1:12 AM

Jul 2008
LOL looks like it's the sign to drop this. So Kokoro Connect loses to Muv-Luv for the "coveted" title of "The bad show of the season that you wouldn't drop just to see it get even worse".
Sep 1, 2012 1:28 AM
Feb 2010
So anyone know why he still went and did that promotional event in a car in Osaka with Kanemoto? The one where he gets tased about 9 times?

That did happen after the live event where they told him it was all a joke and they were just f*cking with him, right?
Sep 1, 2012 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that's pretty messed up. I just hope the anime doesn't stop airing. I really like it.
Sep 1, 2012 3:25 AM

Jul 2012
I just found out about this. That's pretty fucked up what they did.

However, I won't be boycotting the show, and I don't think anyone else should either. Not everyone who works on the show deserves to be punished for it, and the show itself is one of the best this season, if not THE best. I've never judged a work based on the personal life/views of the person or people behind it. So I'm a bit upset at the dropped BD sales. I was hoping it would do really well. Hopefully it will still do well. I'll keep watching the show, and I'll buy merch and the show itself whenever it's realized here in the states.

I can't wipe my butt with the shreds of a wedding dress!!

Sep 1, 2012 3:33 AM

Apr 2011
what a fucked up prank..
Sep 1, 2012 4:27 AM

Jul 2011
Uberchu said:
Say goodbye to any hopes for a Season 2. Time to start learning Japanese to read the light novels.

Yeah, time to learn Japanese..
ap19 said:
From Japan.

There's a lot of misconceptions about various individuals involved.

jmal said:

This is an important post, though I fear most people will miss it in the rush to condemn the show as a whole, as if the hundreds of people involved in its production are all implicated in this.

I preordered Vol. 1 a day before this all broke on English language sites. I'm not canceling my preodrer, and I'll be buying the remaining volumes too. This may be disgusting, but Kokoro Connect is a fantastic show. I can hold both those opinions simultaneously.

This two post is important and I agree with them. I will still support this anime not because of the production but because of its awesomeness. (Thats why I want KyoAni to adopt this.) I love this series very much and I still love Yui and Aoki. Their seiyuus has nothing to do with them. Im really sad but I hope it will subside any weeks now.
Sep 1, 2012 4:36 AM

Jun 2012
I'll be blunt. I could fucking care less about what they did. The prank was cruel, yes. But, who really gives a damn? God, people get offended to easily.

Just because one asshole decided to pull this prank, everyone is going to suffer? I know that the world isn't fair, but wtf..... everyone is overreacting.
Sep 1, 2012 4:58 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one here that doesn't really like this show much?!

Anyway, I feel really bad for the guy. What they did to him was very cruel, and to post it online was even worse.
However, I agree with others that many people (mostly hardcore fans and Anime holics) are insanely overreacting.

I can't say I'll be 'boycotting' the works of the studio or VA's, but I certainly won't be looking at them the same way.
Sep 1, 2012 6:00 AM

May 2009
although it will affect kokoro connect in the future

it's rude but
it's the staff not the anime itself. :D
don't let the controversy affect you that much
like dropping the anime or badmouthing it.

though you are free to do so.. or
just wait until something bad happen to the anime
then react. O:)
Sep 1, 2012 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
one less moe moe anime out there lol
Sep 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Sep 2010
Lol, isn't this just how Japanese humor works. Have you guys ever seen what happens to people in those comedic shows? Japanese humor is laughing when someone gets boiling water over his head. It's plain wrong, I agree, but I don't think this is something totally over the top over in Japan. Isn't this just like the candid camera humor you all laugh about as well?

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Sep 1, 2012 6:58 AM

Aug 2012
Story was so awesome, the voices matched the characters so well and I loved the anime so much and now I hear this incident, felt like a girl dumped me right after proposing her :(
I hope this doesn't effect the anime T.T
Sep 1, 2012 7:04 AM

Jul 2011
LOL
Sep 1, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
omg this is going overboard. hopefully they will openly apologize and just settle this down
Sep 1, 2012 8:15 AM

Jun 2010
Merushi said:
Lol, isn't this just how Japanese humor works. Have you guys ever seen what happens to people in those comedic shows? Japanese humor is laughing when someone gets boiling water over his head. It's plain wrong, I agree, but I don't think this is something totally over the top over in Japan. Isn't this just like the candid camera humor you all laugh about as well?

No it's not. There's a difference between a little prank and spitting on someone's dream. Here's a quote from Amazon, i hope it will change your mind :

Most Helpful Customer Review。。320 out of 328 people found this review helpful.。。
Subject: Don't get carried away with practical jokes!。。

For a VA, the audition room is a sacred ground.。。Whether they live or die, get or don't get the part, they devote themselves to this moment.。。If they don't get the part, they search for the next available act like a job hunter looking for the next offer.。。This series is a depressing work made by producers who don't understand this notion and make fun of it.。。I will briefly explain their practical joke (if it can be called that).。。A certain young newcomer was offered the role as an original character in an anime, not knowing that such a role was a lie.。。(The night before the reveal, I'd like to think that he was too nervous to sleep.)。。This person was summoned to the assembly hall with this false news, no rehearsing, no script, brought on stage to be shamed at.。。While he proudly introduced the character he would've been voicing, the screen projection changed, and on it his involvement was revealed to be false.。。On that screen, his earnest acting was ridiculed and laughed at.。。But for him, it was probably not a laughing matter. The bitterness that I heard in his voice still resounds in my ears.

This scene took the sanctity of auditions and violated it.。。This person took an interview and passed it. In that moment, a contract was made.。。This should've meant that he overcame this trial.。。However, this promise was completely overturned. An entirely verbal promise, it seems.。。The actual work shouldn't be rated based on this! The characters aren't bad! Only those guys!。。That's how it should be. The work should be evaluated based on its own merits.。。And yet I still feel that I should condemn this series.。。After being alive, what is the most important thing? This is a question with many answers.。。However, perhaps there are many people who build trusting relationships with others.。。When going into society, everyone realizes the difficulty with raising trust in another.。。Building trust is difficult.。。But the destruction of it can happen in a moment. Truly in the blink of an eye.。。This series has lost a lot of things.。。Remember - the title of the series is "Kokoro Connect."。。Would the characters really do such a thing as this?。。

1 comment:。。I will just say...in this bad situation, everyone's heart is connected.
Sep 1, 2012 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
@Messy

That seems a little over dramatic to me. Someone is taking it much to personally. That is just over glorifying the work. You can do to interviews and be humiliated in any field. Sorry the article you posted was a joke.

I will say it again, the people are in the wrong however that does not make the work worth the boycott. An author wrote this series and I would like for their sake for it to do well. You know when a work backfires that it all falls on the original author and I do not think they deserve it.
Suzune-chanSep 1, 2012 8:28 AM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 1, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
j0x said:
one less moe moe anime out there lol

You haven't watched Kokoro Connect, have you?

Merushi said:
Isn't this just like the candid camera humor you all laugh about as well?

Candid camera humour doesn't generally involve tricking someone who's looking for work in an industry where good job opportunities may not come around too often by offering him a bogus role weeks before publicly humiliating him.
Sep 1, 2012 8:28 AM

Jun 2010
Suzune-chan said:
That seems a little over dramatic to me. Someone is taking it much to personally. I will say it again, the people are in the wrong however that does not make the work worth the boycott. An author wrote this series and I would like for their sake for it to do well. You know when a work backfires that it all falls on the original author and I do not think they deserve it.

Sure thing about the author, but it's not like we can say "hey other people are going to be affected so let's just do nothing"

No, for once japanese otakus can do something and protest against it with their boycott. The author won't gain as much money but hey, it was going to sell like shit anyway, and people are not stupid enough to think that the novel is bad.

So yeah, maybe some people will lose money but honestly, if it can prevent further bullying that could result in suicide, I don't care. Just the fact that Ichiki was in depression because of it makes me mad.
Sep 1, 2012 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Messy said:
Suzune-chan said:
That seems a little over dramatic to me. Someone is taking it much to personally. I will say it again, the people are in the wrong however that does not make the work worth the boycott. An author wrote this series and I would like for their sake for it to do well. You know when a work backfires that it all falls on the original author and I do not think they deserve it.

Sure thing about the author, but it's not like we can say "hey other people are going to be affected so let's just do nothing"

No, for once japanese otakus can do something and protest against it with their boycott. The author won't gain as much money but hey, it was going to sell like shit anyway, and people are not stupid enough to think that the novel is bad.

So yeah, maybe some people will lose money but honestly, if it can prevent further bullying that could result in suicide, I don't care. Just the fact that Ichiki was in depression because of it makes me mad.
You see it all the time on mal and author has to apologize because their series did not do well. Personally, I do not want the poor authors named ruined because of something that other people did. You are only thinking about the voice actor that had the trick played on him. Think of the other people involved. Authors need a livelihood too.

It will not do shit for the bullying. There will always be bullying. The best thing they can really do is never offer the people who did it a job again.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 1, 2012 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
Suzune-chan said:
@Messy

That seems a little over dramatic to me. Someone is taking it much to personally. That is just over glorifying the work. You can do to interviews and be humiliated in any field. Sorry the article you posted was a joke.

I will say it again, the people are in the wrong however that does not make the work worth the boycott. An author wrote this series and I would like for their sake for it to do well. You know when a work backfires that it all falls on the original author and I do not think they deserve it.

It seems that you don't know the extent of how Japanese "humiliation" and "bullying" works in their country...

Sep 1, 2012 8:40 AM

Jun 2009
@chococya96

you are right I do not however that was not the point of my post to talk about the incident. It was just to say that this kind of behavior affects other not just the voice actor who was involved, or the industry it affects the original creator too. And they live and die also by how well a series does.

Sep 1, 2012 8:42 AM

Nov 2007
Suzune-chan said:
You see it all the time on mal and author has to apologize because their series did not do well. Personally, I do not want the poor authors named ruined because of something that other people did. You are only thinking about the voice actor that had the trick played on him. Think of the other people involved. Authors need a livelihood too.

It will not do shit for the bullying. There will always be bullying. The best thing they can really do is never offer the people who did it a job again.

But you don't understand. The mastermind behind this was the Producer behind "Kokoro Connect" and it also involved some of Silver Link's staff.

The reason why they are boycotting the anime is because if they support the anime, they'll support the producer, in which, the producer will think that it's okay to publically humiliate a B-rated seiyuu. That's why the boycott is to make a statement that humiliating someone is NOT okay!

Did you watch the video? You can literally see the moment Ichiki's soul was crushed when he realized that he WASN'T getting a new role and was made into a PR monkey instead. Seiyuus already have lousy pay... imagine a B-rated seiyuu. AND he need to travel all over Japan to promote "Kokoro Connect" ON HIS OWN WALLET.

The negative effects of this incident includes: Boycotting of Kokoro Connect merchandises (sans the LN, so if you want to support KC, you but that.), Terashima, Kanemoto, Star Child Records, King Records and Kitamura merchandises.

Unfortunately for the author, this incident will forever be known as the Kokoro Connect incident

Why was Eri Kitamura involved?
Here's the full version of the story: http://pastebin.com/Pu2hADMc

Sep 1, 2012 8:46 AM

Jun 2010
Suzune-chan said:

Seriously ? The author's name is not ruined. If there are cases when they apologize it's because the adaptation or original version was crap. Some might argue that it was the case here but it's irrelevant. People that are boycotting don't think badly about the author at all

And yeah, the sales will go from bad to very bad, it's not like it was Sword Art Online or Horizon that was going too sell bad, it's a bad selling anime that is going further down

And while you wish that bullying will go away, some take action. Wait actually you don't, you think that there will always be bullying so we've got to close our eyes and hope for the best (how cute).
We've got to send a message to the whole sector that if they do the same thing, they will suffer from bad sales too. For that you need an example, which is Kokoro Connect
Sep 1, 2012 8:55 AM
Feb 2012
I just happened to stumble upon this whole story after watching some Bleach and looking up Yukio (a character voiced by Ichiki).

Awful thing to do someone. I agree with people saying that it's wrong to dislike the show because of this incident, but I'll still be dropping it. It wasn't really my type of show from the beginning, and now I won't be able to stop thinking about how Aoki's VA is an ass.
Sep 1, 2012 9:35 AM

Oct 2011
His comment regarding this incident was he finds it ironic that those who enjoy bullying people on the internet(2ch) are trying to defend someone being bullied.
I would say that it's one more prove (not that we need any more of those) for permanent hypocrisy of Internet. But it's amusing to see as always - not on scale of Kony 2012 but still.
So come on be the just ones! Let's spam some innocent bystander with photos of our dicks.

Still what author of book has to do with it? He sold rights to making it and that's all (unless there are some other ways of doing it in Japan) he won't be dealing in how series is made, as probably he has no idea about it.
Dalek-bakaSep 1, 2012 9:38 AM
Sep 1, 2012 12:04 PM

Jul 2011
This show was subpar to say the least and I could care less for a second season. But this incident really did take things a bit too far.
Sep 1, 2012 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
Well frick, I was really enjoying this show. I hope they don't cancel it or anything before the first season ends. Dont think I would really care if they make a second season though, would feel like its dragging it on to long at that point.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 1, 2012 1:05 PM

Sep 2011

Poor Ichiki. ;__;
Sep 1, 2012 1:18 PM

Feb 2011
It makes me sick to believe adult people did this kind of thing.

I shouldn't have any harsh feelings against Kokoro Connect, but after this, I don't I'll be able to watch this in with a positive mood.

Well, I certainly hope their careers are fucked.
Sep 1, 2012 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
It's really a bad joke to spit on someone's dream. It would be great to have one of the two male voice actor involved replaced by the victim of the joke. I hope they will learn this lesson of life. Bullism don't get you anywhere in real world.
It serves no purpose, but I'll lower my vote for this. It was 9/10, I really like it, but I'm a bit angry for this thing.
kratos_aurionSep 1, 2012 1:51 PM
Sep 1, 2012 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
Way to stay classy. I won't be feeling bad about streaming this anime illegally now.
Sep 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
I'm still on the fence whether to keep watching the series or not. I don't actually think the idea of the prank itself was bad enough to elicit such an enormous backlash (I'm only talking about the basic idea of telling someone they "won" something when they didn't, not the dubious choice of victim or the execution, which was effed up on so many levels). I could even imagine another person being able to laugh it off. However, when Ichiki obviously didn't take it well, that's when they should at least have considered that the prank wasn't such a good idea after all and apologized. What did they do instead? Keep ridiculing him and saying all kinds of nasty things.

I like the series, but I'm not sure I want to be reminded of the people who think humiliating another person like that is funny every time Yui, Aoki or Taichi open their mouths. What I'm definitely going to do is deleting anything related to the Kokoro Connect anime off the list of things I was going to get later this month (save for the novels). No use in giving people like that part of my money.
Sep 1, 2012 4:16 PM

Feb 2009
cupcakedreams said:
Am I the only one here that doesn't really like this show much?!

Anyway, I feel really bad for the guy. What they did to him was very cruel, and to post it online was even worse.
However, I agree with others that many people (mostly hardcore fans and Anime holics) are insanely overreacting.

I can't say I'll be 'boycotting' the works of the studio or VA's, but I certainly won't be looking at them the same way.

+1 to everything you said.

Just a thing about the second paragraph makes me think, though - how often does this kind of shit happen behind the scenes and we don't even find out? It took us two months to get to this one. It's insane.
I just want the three or four people involved to apologize to the victim, and to Kitamura (who apparently got her own personal shitstorm without having done anything), and to actually mean it. Then we can all feel at least a little better about this shit, and I can keep tracking the seiyuu tag on Tumblr without seeing death threats or pointless defenses or whatever it's cool to say about Terashii now.
Sep 1, 2012 4:28 PM

Jan 2011
kratos_aurion said:
It's really a bad joke to spit on someone's dream. It would be great to have one of the two male voice actor involved replaced by the victim of the joke. I hope they will learn this lesson of life. Bullism don't get you anywhere in real world.
It serves no purpose, but I'll lower my vote for this. It was 9/10, I really like it, but I'm a bit angry for this thing.

I am against all the things they did to this VA, but I don't get why are you lowering the score. 99 % of us don't buy new anime, anyway (because we can't and the only way to watch it subbed is by downloading it or by a streaming website), and the show's quality is one separated thing which doesn't have to do with the bullying shit. People is overreacting too much, I mean...c'mon! just ask them to apologize and that's it. I'll still watch this show because it's awesome.
Sep 1, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Wow Japan have weird ideas for pranks. This was a pretty crap prank too. Feel pretty bad for Mitsuhiro Ichiki. At least give him a few lines in the Anime. Loads of people are gonna see the Silver Link studio in a different light now. They've gone downhill after this incident. However that won't change my views on the Kokoro Connect anime itself. It's a great Anime just sucks how the studio did such a stupid thing for their own entertainment.
Sep 1, 2012 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand people saying this won't change their view of the anime, to some degree. The amount you "care" may change how much of an impact it'll have, but just knowing will change what you think. No one is a machine that unbiasedly rates anime for what it is, with no regard to the context.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
Post-Josh said:
I don't understand people saying this won't change their view of the anime, to some degree. The amount you "care" may change how much of an impact it'll have, but just knowing will change what you think. No one is a machine that unbiasedly rates anime for what it is, with no regard to the context.

If I lived in Japan, I really would boycott this anime by not buying merchandising and blue rays, for example. But that doesn't change the way I think about the Anime in particular. I keep watching it forgetting about the context. The same goes for everything else you love in this life. I might not share the writer's ideas or actions, but I could still love his work, if you know what I mean ;)
Sep 1, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Post-Josh said:

I always rate anime for what it is, basing my opinion solely on its overall quality. "context" doesn't change the quality of an anime.
Sep 1, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2011
I will still be watching this because it is a brilliant Anime and I will judge it by how I normally judge other anime.

What they did was wrong though even with the videos I never quite understood the whole situation =/

They deserve some punishment but people boycotting this is overreacting
Sep 1, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2008

So much for that boycott.
Sep 1, 2012 5:58 PM

Mar 2012
Lelouch22 said:
Post-Josh said:

I always rate anime for what it is, basing my opinion solely on its overall quality. "context" doesn't change the quality of an anime.

So you think.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2012 6:00 PM

Jun 2012
While I do think that what they did was wrong, I also think that boycotting the anime is unfair for the other people who worked on Kokoro Connect but didn't do anything wrong.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 1, 2012 6:46 PM

Nov 2011
taketori said:
While I do think that what they did was wrong, I also think that boycotting the anime is unfair for the other people who worked on Kokoro Connect but didn't do anything wrong.

^this. I really like this show. Poor guy though, If I'm job hunting and somebody did that to me I'll probably go berserk.
Taichi's was involved, or was he? So much for wanting everyone to be happy.
A great show is a great show no matter who made it.
ernstSep 1, 2012 9:25 PM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
Why would anyone change their view of the series just because a couple members of the staff pulled a tasteless prank?

The anime is what it is. The characters that matter when judging it are only the characters in it, not the characters of those writing the script or doing the voiceacting. I do not care the slightest if the people behind a particular series are paragons of goodness and justice, or if they have 3 child rapes and a murder to their name each. The only thing that matters when viewing and reviewing art is the piece of art itself. The value of the people behind it only matters when specifically concerning yourself with the people - the value of their work remains exactly the same.

What they did was tasteless and should be condemned. You can condemn it by boycotting or whatever, but why in the 9 Hells would you be inclined to think of the quality of the series suddenly getting worse because of that?
Sep 1, 2012 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Good thing the LN is being licensed here in China
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.