MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Order of Kara no Kyoukai
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Order of Kara no Kyoukai

08-29-12, 12:23 PM

Should Kara no Kyoukai be watched in the original order #1 > #7 > Epilogue

Or is it better to watch #7-Satsujin Kousatsu
(Part 2) after finishing #2-Satsujin Kousatsu
(Part 1)

08-29-12, 1:16 PM

Absolutely watch them in the original order!
My apologies, children, for I am afraid I cannot save you all.

08-29-12, 1:19 PM

Only the first four movies are out of chronological order. It goes like this (in chronological order):

1. Movie 2 (Murder Speculation (Part 1)/Satsujin Kōsatsu (Zen)) - August 1995 to March 1996
2. Movie 4 (The Hollow/Garan no Dō) - March 1996 to June 1998
3. Movie 3 (Remaining Sense of Pain/Tsūkaku Zanryū) - July 1998
4. Movie 1 (Overlooking View/Fukan Fūkei) - September 1998
5. Movie 5 (Paradox Spiral/Mujun Rasen) - November 1998
6. Movie 6 (Oblivion Recording/Bōkyaku Rokuon) - January 1999
7. Movie 7 (Murder Speculation (Part 2)/Satsujin Kōsatsu (Go)) - February 1999

You should probably watch them in the order they were "aired", first. When you've done that once you can try watching them in chronological order to get a better grasp of the timeline, but the impression is probably better if you watch the first four movies in the "airing order".

As for the question:

I personally recommend watching this in airing order. Besides, the plot and events aren't difficult to figure out at all. Actually, there wasn't really much "figuring out" needing to be done.

The chronological plot automatically fell in place as I watched it, no effort was made. I actually liked Episode 5 the most due to that episode itself being shuffled out of order. Noticing things that fit in a previous event adds to the fun and enjoyment.

The creators didn't just jumble this up for no reason, they did it to give viewers [who understood the plot, philosophies, etc.] a more enjoyable and possibly intellectual experience.
krazyboy said:

FUCK ALL ANIME, SPONGEBOB OVER ALL

RRRRRRRRRR

08-29-12, 1:22 PM

Watch it in the intended order 1 to 7 - you won't gain any better understanding by viewing them in the chronological order because each is first and foremost a story closed in itself.

And furthermore the 7th movie is intended to be the emotional high end of these series - if you watch it in the middle you deprive yourself of a fulfilling ending.

08-29-12, 1:57 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I'll definitely be watching them in the intended/"airing" order then.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices