Forum Settings
Forums

PlayStation3 RPG 'Hyperdimension Neptunia' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 28, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
Kyo_Kagami said:
Havent played the first game, but played Mk2 and loved it.

First is amusing too but don't buy it if you're just there for the gameplay. You're gonna disappoint yourself.
Aug 28, 2012 2:28 PM

Dec 2007
Vyudali said:
Interesting. As long as it doesn't turn into ecchi i might watch it.

Not sure if serious or just clever trolling.
Aug 28, 2012 2:28 PM

May 2009
I'm a tad excited only because I thought the game had a great plot, characters, and humor..but terrible battle system that turned me off. I'd be willing to watch this to experience the story again.
Aug 28, 2012 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
Never played the game, but I heard about it!

Looking forward to this anime.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2010
It's funny to see that Neptunia got bashed in every western gaming sites/reviews but very welcomed here.
Just sayin' though, as I'll probably check the few first episodes.
Aug 28, 2012 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
zeroyuki92 said:
It's funny to see that Neptunia got bashed in every western gaming sites/reviews but very welcomed here.

No offensive to gamers on MAL but I've always felt this site had a sort of gamer elitism here and would bash at something like this getting a anime. I was surprised to see how many people here looking forward to it.
Aug 28, 2012 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
zeroyuki92 said:

No offensive to gamers on MAL but I've always felt this site had a sort of gamer elitism here and would bash at something like this getting a anime. I was surprised to see how many people here looking forward to it.

Well its a video game aimed at anime fans. But for mainstream Western reviewers, they just see it as some weird sexist Japanese thing, so they hate it. Mainstream people don't really get otaku anime lol

Aug 28, 2012 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
The games were average at best, but the characters were pretty awesome, makes me think who would animate this

Aug 28, 2012 3:06 PM
Jun 2012
Vyudali said:

Well, you won't be watching it. The games are ecchi, and the anime is aiming to please the fans.
Aug 28, 2012 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
Vyudali said:

The game is rated M for sexual themes which it does have a fair amount or so I should say. Though nudity wise, all it had was a hot spring event like just about any VN styled JRPG these days do. Though of course, since it was a game, it obviously didn't go full nude.

I'm fairly sure there will be a level of ecchi.
Yeah, I just got home and re-read an article i found on it. Didn't notice the mature rating when i was reading it at school, lol. The costumes should have tipped me off, but you never know for sure.

I might watch it for the console wars anyway though. The concept still interests me.
Aug 28, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2006
Hopefully it'll get dubbed.
Aug 28, 2012 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
Vyudali said:

That's the last thing people worry about in anime. and see'ing as you already have watched Nazo No Kanojo X, you'll be able to handle Neptunia, as the H-level in it is lower than Kanojo X.
Aug 28, 2012 4:33 PM

Jul 2010
oh dear lord. ;o

Aug 28, 2012 4:39 PM
Mar 2008
I know this game is many people's "thing" and I don't want to offend them, but...
Out of the hundreds of video game RPG's, did they have to choose the moe ecchi one to animate?
Aug 28, 2012 4:43 PM

Feb 2012
Pero said:
I know this game is many people's "thing" and I don't want to offend them, but...
Out of the hundreds of video game RPG's, did they have to choose the moe ecchi one to animate?
You answered your own question.
Aug 28, 2012 4:50 PM
Mar 2008
Yvese said:
Pero said:
You answered your own question.
I did? Where?
Edit: I reread my post. Half of things are many people's "thing" and quite a few are lot's of people's. Is that what you meant?
onewithflanAug 28, 2012 5:06 PM
Aug 28, 2012 5:21 PM

Dec 2011
Haven't played the game but interested. Yep, this goes to the watchlist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2012 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
Pero said:

It's not ecchi though, and Neptunia is perfect material for an anime adaptation. Of course, I highly doubt this will be anything more than a one-time OVA to coincide with the release of the new game but if it does well enough it may stir enough interest for a full TV series in the future.

And for fans of the series this is great news because it will increase the series' popularity further. What started out as a very niche and obscure JRPG at first is now starting to becoming something fairly big with the upcoming third game. I really want to see the series sell well and improve even more in quality. The second game is a great game and more people should give it a try.
Aug 28, 2012 5:52 PM

Oct 2010

LessHoly said:
Seems interesting. I'll watch it.
Bern said:
Wonderful!

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Aug 28, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Pero said:

Like someone mentioned earlier, you answered your own question, (This game is many people's "thing"), There are two games and the third one is underway, and see'ing as it's pretty popular, it'd only make sense for them to animate it, of all the games Idea factory made, this one was their biggest success along with Agarest war. on another note "moe ecchi" is a selling point bro, why would you, or anyone else for that matter be surprised? especially when you already know that "it's many people's thing". lol
Aug 28, 2012 6:34 PM

Mar 2011
Will try it
Aug 28, 2012 7:42 PM
Apr 2010
Time to bust out the vaseline and kleenex.
Aug 28, 2012 7:57 PM

Jun 2009
Yes, I know I will be entertained. This is what I came here for.
Aug 28, 2012 7:59 PM
Oct 2011
Sounds interesting. Though I'm rooting for Playstation and Wii :) If you know there weas this competition or whatever.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Aug 28, 2012 8:02 PM
May 2009
Definitely GONNA WATCH!! \(^o^)/
Aug 28, 2012 8:13 PM
Nov 2009
I loled. Think of all of the yuri hijinks~

Haha, I'll watch this~
Aug 28, 2012 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 28, 2012 9:27 PM

Oct 2011
:O YES! though what part of HDN will they do.. probably the latest the V?
Aug 28, 2012 9:41 PM
May 2009
As far as I know this is still a RUMOR. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing else. Because, let's face it, it's not that popular in Japan. I guess a little OVA would be possible, but kind of useless.
Aug 28, 2012 10:01 PM

Apr 2011
I haven't played the game, but I watch walkthroughs on youtube and I say liked it. The girls where cute. And the humor was good.

So I'm happy to finally see an anime adaptation for this. Looking forward to the day I can watch this. HOORAH!
Aug 28, 2012 10:06 PM
Aug 2012
great. :)
Aug 28, 2012 10:42 PM

Sep 2011
Kiru_im_Ufo said:
As far as I know this is still a RUMOR. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing else. Because, let's face it, it's not that popular in Japan. I guess a little OVA would be possible, but kind of useless.

How is it a rumor when they officially anounced it in the magazine? There's even the scan on the front page. as for its popularity, so far it's more popular than most JRPG's on the PS3, with 3 titles counting the upcoming one, so yes, it's THAT popular.
Aug 28, 2012 11:55 PM

May 2011
Can't fucking wait.
Aug 29, 2012 12:32 AM
Mar 2010
Mmm looks a bit interesting.
Aug 29, 2012 12:56 AM
Jul 2011
This is unexpected. Neptunia getting a animation means it was popular? I thought the series was "under the water" aka not that well known(well, mostly in US and Europe). And i like this series a lot.
Aug 29, 2012 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
Awesome, will definitely watch.
Aug 29, 2012 1:47 AM
May 2009
Downgrade355 said:
Kiru_im_Ufo said:

How is it a rumor when they officially anounced it in the magazine? There's even the scan on the front page. as for its popularity, so far it's more popular than most JRPG's on the PS3, with 3 titles counting the upcoming one, so yes, it's THAT popular.

It's not officially announced. That scan isn't an announcement of an anime. There's no official word yet, it can be a scam. At least I think there is no official word yet.

Also, yes it gets a few games, but it's still not that popular in Japan. As a matter of fact it's much more popular in the US/EU than in Japan and that says a lot. It doesn't even have 6 digit sales over there as far as I know. (Well, the first game, but it wasn't close and I kind of doubt it changed that much for the second one)
Aug 29, 2012 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Kiru_im_Ufo said:

It's not officially announced. That scan isn't an announcement of an anime. There's no official word yet, it can be a scam. At least I think there is no official word yet.

Also, yes it gets a few games, but it's still not that popular in Japan. As a matter of fact it's much more popular in the US/EU than in Japan and that says a lot. It doesn't even have 6 digit sales over there as far as I know. (Well, the first game, but it wasn't close and I kind of doubt it changed that much for the second one)

It is officially announced.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/28/hyperdimension-neptunia-anime-in-the-works/

Dengeki playstation made the announcement.

And lol, you're expecting a JRPG to be popular in the west than in japan? There isn't a single JRPG that is more popular in the west than it is in japan, and that includes Neptunia. i don't think a game that isn't popular would get 2 sequels and a high chance of getting more in the future, not to mention an anime adaption. also, for a game to get 6 digit sales, it has to be a very big success, and very few games achieve that. for the record, Neptunia has a 5 digit sales, and it's a PS3 game, PS3 games are expensive, so 5 digit sales is a hit, it also ranked many times in weekly game sales that include games of all platforms, not only the PS3.

and let's not forget that Dengeki playstation features only popular games and big companies (Final fantasy, Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru, Persona, Madoka, kingdom hearts, MGS, etc etc etc). The second Neptunia game sold significantly more than the first, by over 10k more or so.

anyway, you seem to be forgetting the fact that in the west, mostly FPS and action games are Popular, as opposed to japan, where RPG's and visual novels and anime-styled games are ruling.
Downgrade355Aug 29, 2012 5:36 PM
Aug 29, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2011
FOEbulous-max said:
I wonder who is going to handle this? Idea Factory have been giving their otome game series to DEEN, but this is from a different subdivision (Compile Heart), so I could see another studio doing it.

Let's just hope that J.C Staff will not be the studio, or else, the anime might be really horrible.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 29, 2012 6:13 AM

May 2010
Rukaliini said:
FOEbulous-max said:
I wonder who is going to handle this? Idea Factory have been giving their otome game series to DEEN, but this is from a different subdivision (Compile Heart), so I could see another studio doing it.

Let's just hope that J.C Staff will not be the studio, or else, the anime might be really horrible.

Its not like J.C Staff is making everything horrible. ;)
Anyway, will take a look .
Aug 29, 2012 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
the game looks a bit annoying, i will probably watch a few episodes in and see what i think then
Aug 29, 2012 7:18 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah I'm actually not surprised this is a thing now
Aug 29, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2009
OMGOMGOMGOMG -flips out- BEST NEWS EVER O____O I'm not even 1/3 through the first game, but I love it already! I can finally see my waifu, Black Heart, animated!!! YESS!!! LET THERE BE FIGURES!!!!! <3
Aug 29, 2012 11:08 AM
Nov 2009
Ugh, this is terrible.
Aug 29, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2012
B--But ___________________________
that next summer
Aug 29, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
Shinigami_Nana said:
Rukaliini said:
FOEbulous-max said:

Its not like J.C Staff is making everything horrible. ;)
Anyway, will take a look .

People like to blindly hate JC because they think it'll make them fit in, just ignore these peasants

Highly looking forward to this, I actually had an expression of shock in my face when I saw the announcement just now. Shit, I've always been hoping for someone to animate this, absolutely can't wait.
Aug 29, 2012 6:21 PM
Nov 2011
Played the game, can't wait for the anime.
Aug 29, 2012 7:07 PM

Jan 2012
I just took a massive crap hearing that....CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ANIME TO COME OUT!!!!
:D
Aug 29, 2012 8:24 PM

Jun 2009
I think this will be interesting. On a side note, does anyone know if the game is good?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 29, 2012 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Suzune-chan said:
I think this will be interesting. On a side note, does anyone know if the game is good?

It's more like one of those games for the fans as it is fairly heavy in 'moe' and I guess fan service cliches. The gameplay for the first game is incredibly... bad, but the second game has amazing improvements as they revamped most of it. Though, as I said before, the game itself is no where near 'great'. I found it very fun though, the second game that is.

I'm sure most people who chose to play it (at first) did it for the characters, which are all girls. I'm sure a lot still do as well.

Every girl is based on a console or a company that contributed tot he game. Such as NISA has its own character, Idea Factory has its own character as well as Compile Heart. Even 5pb, the company for Steins;Gate. She even goes "Tututru~" during battles in-game and a majority of her skills are related to Steins;Gate o3o. The console female characters are based on the PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, Xbox, Sega Game Gear and Sega Neptune IIRC. The girl in my signature is Noir, she's based on the PS3, though that's her design for the 3rd game.

Think I'm getting a little off topic lol.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
60 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.