Forum Settings
Forums

Theory of Kuroyukihime (Spoilers) (LN readers, please discuss)

New
Aug 27, 2012 12:02 PM
Apr 2012
Spoilers of SAO, lots of em. Yes this is related to SAO

The theory about Accel World's Kuroyukihime being the daughter of Kirito and Asuna isn't too far fetched either as currently it is around 2026 or 2027 in Kirito's time which is when he is 18 years old and Asuna is 19. Accel world takes place 20 years from then in 2046. Kuroyukihime is in her 2nd/3rd year (depending where you're at) of middle school, equivalent to North America's education of 3rd year in middle school and 1st year in high school (14/15 years old). This theory is in fact VERY viable as the brain implant chip could be finished within the next 6 years (as it is stated it's being heavily and thoroughly researched on and knowing the pace of technological advances it shouldn't be too long to be in practical use, and therefore implemented from birth as a finished product) and Asuna could give birth to Kuroyukihime around that same time.

Also to those who take biology, or even those who just happen to have common sense. Kuroyukihime shares VERY similar traits to Asuna and Kirito. As I am beyond belief lazy so I will NOT post up pictures, but you are all free to do so and compare the hair (Hair is inheritable, those with a certain hair color will most likely give birth to a child with the same hair color depending on the melanin where the order is Black > Brown > Blonde > Golden Blonde > Orange (Generalizaing) ) Facial features and / or everything else.

Similarities with Kirito : Cunning attitude, wry smiles, enjoys conflict, and for god sakes her avatar is dual bladed for some reason (Though this could be coincidental). Her hair color and eye color could be considered "Pitch black as night" although it would lean to more of a purple-ish color. Favorite color? Black.

Similarities with Asuna : Very loving (Obsession with Haru), same facial structure (eyes are exaggerated but who cares), same hair structure, apparently the most attractive female in the school (Hey, in novel Asuna was easily top 5 (or even the prettiest as stated) in the world of SAO).

Similarities with both : Badass (Joke) and takes things very seriously.

Personality is inheritable believe it or not. DNA is a scary thing.

Not going to do the poll for several reasons.

1) People will vote and leave without discussing and/or explaining their thoughts.
2) Too much of a pain
3) ^
4) Concur with the above statement.
5)

Edit : I forgot to mention that the Brain Implant Chip IS mentioned in both SAO and Accel World. Not just Accel world alone. (Volume 9 and a few other parts where Kirito and Asuna discuss about possibilities of "bringing" Yui to the real world.)
LobkeSep 6, 2012 10:50 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 27, 2012 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
Wouldn't be surprised if fans bashed on this so much online, the author just decides "fuck it, I'll just put a cameo in" and does it for the fans.
Aug 27, 2012 12:29 PM
Apr 2012
Don't know why fans would bash on this as it is a huge possibility and the fact that they share the same terminology infers that it's in the same "World". The author actually already had a cross-over volume where Crow meets Kirito and the fight it out before they return to respective times. The results will remain hidden for the sake of promoting the Light Novel, however it's very viable as they are both written by the same author. Above all that, Kuroyukihime's real name / sur name still hasn't been unveiled. Kuroyukihime being the daughter of Kirito's and Asuna's child has such a probable chance that it could might as well remain a mystery that has a plausible theory until the author Kawahara Reki himself comes out and announces it himself.

Also the timeline of when SAO was created (2001) and when Accel world was created (2009) leaves a gap of 8 years. Those eight years he continued to published SAO on an online website for fun as it got rejected to be published due to page limits. That could have sparked a light for him to write about what happened in the future and publish that out as something else with the idea of Kirito and Asuna's child as the parents. After all, he didnt' expect SAO to be published until he presented his work to his editor, Miki, who then suggested to publish both series at once since he said both of them were excellent.

There could be so many theory's about this that one way or another will cause conspiracy's on the belief that Kuroyukihime is Kirito's and Asuna's daughter.
Aug 27, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
Never thought about this! Had me think and going hmmmm that;s true for a while, Anywas it would be so awesome if it was true.Although i wouldn't like Haru to be her boyfriend...
Aug 27, 2012 4:34 PM

Jun 2009
Have you ever thought that there are similarities because they are from the same author?
Although thats a very good theory you got there,it would be awesome if it was true.

Aug 27, 2012 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Lol.. Nice thought, you got there..

I think he can link these two later, if he wanted to do more cross overs.
Aug 27, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2009
Well, there is a 2nd problem
SAO LN vol 9 Spolier (quite Huge so beware!):
Aug 27, 2012 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
OMG what if it's Kirito who made the game!!!
Aug 27, 2012 5:55 PM
Apr 2012
NecroMac said:
Well, there is a 2nd problem
SAO LN vol 9 Spolier (quite Huge so beware!):

It's not really a problem, if you've read volume 10 you'd understand but I'll keep that away from the main problem for now. But whats for sure is that

Also a phrase that was used in both Accel world and SAO (This one isn't a spoiler since we've all heard it in episode 3 of the anime).

"Find out what this game is about, about why I'm here, about you, about why we met." -Sachi

"I want to find out the reason behind this game, why the creator made this game." - Kuroyukihime.

Pretty similar considering as previously stated by cadu_ that the author is one of the same Kawahara Reki. I made this thread knowing this as I explained on my second post explaining the reason perhaps why they might be set in the same "world".

@DivisionG I doubt Kirito would have developed the game as he's quite "Fair" about methodology and such. Creating a system which allows one to take advantage in real life and cause suffering wouldn't be his thing. Though there could be a reason that hasn't been revealed so far. However, until that reason is stated I don't think Kirito would make The Accelerated World. Very nice thought though.
Aug 28, 2012 7:14 AM

Feb 2009
Well unless Kawahara discloses that there is a connection, I'm still on the side that there is no connection between the two works. Even if that crossover chapter happened, he said afterwards in the Afterwords of AW vol10 that "even though Kirito appeared in here, it doesn't mean that there is a direct link between the two works". More or less how it was said.
Besides, how would you explain the first design of the STL that Kirito used in the crossover which apparently have him travel in time to the future. SAO's technology is a bit more realistic so time travel to the future is a bit impossible even with their level of technology.

And seeing the spoilers for vol12 of AW, it makes it unlikely for them to be the parents.

Also, it's really easier to write a new work and borrow some terms/characters/concepts from your first work. Take Hiro Mashima for example. His earlier work, Rave Master. and current work, Fairy Tail, share similarities like the Oracion Seis, Etherion, and the character Plue, yet they aren't connected to each other.
SAO was written for 6 years. It's easier to borrow some terms in there to write a new story.
Yes, the similarities are striking,
but I see no point in delaying in announcing the connection between the two works for this long. Unless he is still thinking of a way to fully connect it.
Aug 28, 2012 11:18 AM

Nov 2009
I think they will be connected, mostly likely by Kirito beeing the test rabbit of beta verison of AW.
But the main reason why world such as AW was created? And why it have such thing like Acceleration.
All those questions comes from the fact that you can say that AW world is something like a Child or a Copy of Real world that is shown in SAO(or 20y later).
The more story of SAO goes the more we know about predecessors of AW.
And as i believe that there is some logic connection, I'll search for it in AW and SAO.
Aug 28, 2012 8:14 PM

Jan 2012
I think I know this case without even reading any comments... baka-tsuki has a thread about this... XDD
Aug 29, 2012 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Great argument. I honestly do think it's a HUGE possibility. Your points stand out as to which their traits are inherited which is a valuable point. -sigh- I'm still all in for Kirito x Suguha!
Sep 4, 2012 4:02 AM
Nov 2010
great!!!...also i think that kuroyukihime is the daughter's asuna and kirito...hime is so cute like her parents!!xD
Sep 4, 2012 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
Well the only way we would know is if Kuroyukihime will ever reveal her real name
Sep 5, 2012 6:15 AM
Aug 2012
belatkuro said:
Well unless Kawahara discloses that there is a connection, I'm still on the side that there is no connection between the two works. Even if that crossover chapter happened, he said afterwards in the Afterwords of AW vol10 that "even though Kirito appeared in here, it doesn't mean that there is a direct link between the two works". More or less how it was said.
Besides, how would you explain the first design of the STL that Kirito used in the crossover which apparently have him travel in time to the future. SAO's technology is a bit more realistic so time travel to the future is a bit impossible even with their level of technology.

And seeing the spoilers for vol12 of AW, it makes it unlikely for them to be the parents.

Sorry If I'm wrong, not an AW LN reader here. But maybe we can speculate that they are not KYH real parent.
Sep 6, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
^about what Kawahara said, I think it's just his way of saying that "we shoudn't assume yet and just keep reading".. Of course he wouldn't spoil such an important thing..xD

I believe that Kuroyukihime is Kirito and Asuna's daughter..
Sep 9, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
I was going through the VNs and I notice that Accel World is mentioned as a side story. It was from a story called SWO:Versus. It's about the 4th generation Full Drive. To enter it you need to say those magic words "Burst Out". Kirito was there as the person who was going to test it.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 4, 2012 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
In Accel World the Never Gear was mentioned when Silver Crown discovered that they were using the Brain Chip,and in volume 9 of SAO Kirito talks about going to America to study/research a new type of dive technology which is brain implanted chips.
Besides the current Arc in SAO is about an accelerated world.

Aug 23, 2013 3:45 AM
Aug 2013
im a new member and i slightly speak Japanese ... well here is my theory ... form the name Kuroyukihime-
if you divide her name by 3 you will get KURO YUKI HIME

Kuro- means black in Japanese which happens to be Kirito's favorite color
Yuki- from Asuna's name which means snow or something and (Yuki Asuna)
Hime- means princess which is their first virtual Daughter Yui and they promised to give the life of a Princess

so it is possible that she is the daughter of kirito and asuna and one more thing ... kirito posses the dual blade skill which is kuroyukihime's special ability in Accel world and and you will notice how she moves in battle. well i guess thats it i might not able to prove it but there it is
Aug 26, 2013 6:32 AM
Apr 2013
Huum thats a good theory actually :o
Aug 18, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2013
y'all are missing some similarities between kirito and kuroyukihime such as their desire to win, the desire to protect their loved ones, carrying the burden of "playing" the "bad guy" (kirito being the beater in the first season and kuroyukihime killing the red red king and declaring war on everyone), and carrying the burden of killing someone (kirito with the laughing coffin guys and kuroyukihime with the red king).
dividinggoreAug 18, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 22, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
god this is so intense!!
im sure something will be revealed when sword art online ends

or was there anything revealed in accel world, i know that theyre already on vol 16.
im seriously dying to know if kuroyukihime is really kirito and asunas daughter
Aug 28, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2008
Don't really like Accel World though =(
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

5 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.