Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2012 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, security men? So handsome and hard to recognize until they said their names.

A guy who never smiles (Sakurai-san?), a guy who seems to be popular with woman, red hair woman from last ep. (is she Minorin's character instead of who I said last time? so confused Minorin's character), Koyasu-san's character, a guy with red shirt (looks mischievous) were introduced.

Showing interesting interaction between Sakurai-san's character and Minorin's character. Poetry by her to tease him, and a reply poetry by him to tease her. He always wanting to see her face and she always refuses, even at the end.
tsubasaloverAug 27, 2012 10:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2012 6:00 PM
Jan 2008
Who's Minorin?

Awww......Sei is so tsun tsun...

And I'm guessing this episode's Fujiwara is the son of the one Fujiwara a few episodes back died young and married the princess with the cat?

Next episode: I guess Sei had a kid eventually....?
Aug 28, 2012 6:05 AM

Nov 2007
GChan said:
Who's Minorin?

Minori Chihara's nickname.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2012 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
5/5 I loved this episode more than the previous one! :D

Oh man this episode was deep. :o There were a lot of serious conversations and lessons learned in the middle. XD

Yukinari is hilarious. LOL Pulling off jokes with a serious face.
Aug 28, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2012
Man, Japanese culture is really interesting. I didn't know about the hair thing, so seeing them freak out over it was amusing.
I liked this episode. It was a good "friend zoned" episode. At least Minorin opened up. Yukinari is one hilarious dude. His blunt insults were fantastic.
Aug 29, 2012 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
Then you must be ugly. You must never let me see your face. - absolute LOL moment
Lovely episode, with some insight on the court and again Chinese poetry reference.

Two thumbs up!

Off-topic, if any of you guys have some spare time, get a copy of the book. It's a fascinating read.
fataverdeAug 29, 2012 1:01 PM
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Aug 29, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
fataverde said:
Off-topic, if any of you guys have some spare time, get a copy of the book. It's a fascinating read.

^ Because of your recommendation, I'm gonna find "The Pillow Book" from my local public library and read it. ;) So thanks.
Sep 1, 2012 8:15 AM
Jan 2011
Where can I find the book to read or download?
Sep 3, 2012 2:42 PM

Jan 2011
meepsheep said:
fataverde said:

^ Because of your recommendation, I'm gonna find "The Pillow Book" from my local public library and read it. ;) So thanks.

Most welcome.

Shiyumi said:
Where can I find the book to read or download?

Sorry for the late reply. I am glad you asked.
I wish I had a solid source. Questia (http://www.questia.com/library/4024926/the-pillow-book-of-sei-shonagon) offers a 1-day free trial for full-text read but I doubt you could read it all in one day. You can read excerpts here and the beginning of the book here.
However, Google Books offers pre-visualization of some editions: http://books.google.ro/books?id=4aUsKOTquxsC&printsec=frontcover&hl=ro#v=onepage&q&f=false Some pages have been omitted.

Please let me know if the links don't work via PM/reply. Happy reading!
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 8, 2012 9:49 AM
Jan 2011
Thanks for the links.
Sep 21, 2012 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
That was realy cute ;>
Sep 26, 2012 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
cute ^^ love this show! glad i'm marathoning it!
Jul 6, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
"You must be ugly. Then don't show me your face." LOL! Way to go, Yukinari :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 15, 2014 12:37 AM

Apr 2014
Sei's presence is upping the awesomeness of these episodes so much. I love her.

(Also: Yukinari. Please never leave.)
Dec 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
Yukinari's a jokester. xD
Mar 1, 2015 1:42 PM
Mar 2012
Vyudali said:
I didn't know about the hair thing, so seeing them freak out over it was amusing.
Same here.

I loved it. I like Yukinari.
But I'm always so confused about the characters and who is who. Maybe because I'm not watching it all in one go, I forget everything. :/

I always wanted to read the pillow book.
Jun 2, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
love the banter

Aug 25, 2015 8:45 AM

May 2012
Okay episode, a bit better than the previous episodes. Let's see what's next.
Apr 7, 2016 4:14 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sei Shonagon really was witty :) I love the way they depicted her and also the relationship between her and Yukinari. Their exchanges are funny. I remember reading the two poems in Japanese Culture class! We learned a lot about the "culture of beauty" in Heian-kyo among the aristocrats, but my professor definitely didn't mention the hat thing, that's really interesting! I know that to not be able to write poems well though pretty much meant you were handicapped; people were first and foremost judged by their poems.

I agree with Yukinari, that I'd rather have one life long friend than a bunch of acquaintances. These days though, it's really important to know more people, as a lot of people get jobs through connections. I got my current part-time job through connection as well. There's also been studies that say a larger social network indirectly influences your health (take this with a grain of salt, can't remember exactly what it was from my Social Relationship and Health class). But maybe that's only applicable to now rather then back then. Regardless of the difference in time, I think many would agree with quality over quantity when it comes to friends.

I also like how he said he was born stubborn and wouldn't want to change himself. He reminds of myself, really. Yukinari is now one of my favorites in this series so far, although tbh, all of them are quite likable one way or another, despite not showing up every episode.
Oct 12, 2020 1:00 PM
Aug 2019
Yukinari, Yoshikita's son ( still sad that he passed away so early), is such a fun character lol. I like his interactions with Sei. So Sei is six years older than him.
Sanekata seems like he is leaving also Kinto sure likes to see trouble.
I also really love the friendship between Sei and Teishi since she doesn't want to have love affairs because it may ruin her reputation and Teishi has already been kicked out once, all she has left now is this position to protect her clan quite a tragic character.

Jul 4, 2023 3:04 AM

Jan 2021
Oh? Quite a sweet ending.

I'm honestly conflicted, I like Sei Shonagon and even though the ship was sunk I still ship her with Sanekata... but Yukinari also seems like a good guy for her.. and I really admire Yukinari's father aka Yoshitaka.

I just wish them all the best and lots of happiness.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2012

50 by puella_magi »»
Jul 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2012

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 5, 2023 12:42 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2012

20 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:59 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2012

18 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2012

25 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.