Forum Settings
Forums

P.A. Works & Buriki's Original Anime 'Nagi no Asukara' Announced [Update Sep 26] (Confirmed to Air in 2013 Fall)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2012 12:40 PM

May 2008
P.A. Works so gonna watch :o
Aug 24, 2012 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
nextday said:
dtshyk said:
Series Composition: Okada Mari

Dropped. P.A. Works always gets great character designers, but shitty writers.

but she did Kodomo no Jikan :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Obstinate said:
Buriki's character design? I'm in.
Exact opposite sentiment here. But then, Hanagai was just awful, so I'm probably holding that against the character designs as well.

The anime was awful, apparently one of the reasons why it didn't sell was because the designs didn't follow Buriki's levell(who I am in love with)

the original novel was MUCH better in design and humor, it focused on too much fanservice
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 24, 2012 1:00 PM

Jun 2011
Eh, not too sure what to think of it. Buriki's art is decent; but I'm sure P.A. Works will find a way to make it look gorgeous. Guess we'll just have to wait for more info on this.
Aug 24, 2012 1:28 PM
Oct 2011
Buriki + SHAFT : great
Buriki + AIC : meh... they reworked it in S2 tough.
Buriki + PA Works : ???

TL;DR
will watch it for the art
Aug 24, 2012 1:56 PM

Aug 2011
It's P.A. Works... I'm expecting another (ha, punny) slice of life with cute, melodramatic gals.
Aug 24, 2012 2:59 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder how it'll turn out~
usually Buriki's art is too nice for anime xP
well, Shaft's version was okay I guess
Aug 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
Gonna watch....just because.
Aug 24, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Original Character Design: Buriki

Hmm, might watch it ^^.
Production Studio: P.A. Works

OK IM IN.
Aug 24, 2012 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
I'll come back on 20th october.
P.A. works does interest me a bit, but I'm more interested in their RDG: Red Data Girl anime.
Aug 24, 2012 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
ugh.. Okada Mari's writing is like forced drama shoved right into my face with no substance to back it up. Makes me not care about her characters' problems when there is no/little explanation. Black Rock Shooter(TV series), AnoHana was a little bit better.
Aug 24, 2012 10:15 PM
Apr 2010
I'm interested
Aug 24, 2012 11:13 PM
Feb 2009
Buriki's moe has to be seen. And P.A. Works, it meansbeautiful visual. Okay, gonna watch this
Aug 25, 2012 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
I love P.A. Works but I really hope this isn't another anime about cute girls doing cute things. HanaIro wasn't bad and I enjoyed it a lot but at other times it was unbearable to watch. Especially that forced drama in the end between Ohana and Minko.
Aug 25, 2012 7:13 AM

Aug 2011
Interested.Though i don't have any complaints about Okada Mari,The P.A Works definitively interests me .I seem to have a good impression on buruki too.I don't know since i've been watching P.A Works for a while and things seem to be similiar with series they produce,so i hope for a different concept but still similiar since it the same company XD.
Doesn't P.A Work seem to make more and more Original Animes?
I'm just an ordinary Anime loving Cheese Goo.So feel free to ask any question about cheese XD.Or if you want i could give you a little scoop of my cheesy body ,just PM me LOL,I'll really give you cheese.REALLY

Aug 25, 2012 8:40 AM

Feb 2012
scruffykiwi said:
nextday said:
dtshyk said:

I assume this is a joke. She's one of the best out there. (Toradora, True Tears, AnoHana, Hourou Musuko, Hanasaku Iroha, need i say more .. ) and is certainly running hot at the moment.

After all .. if she can take the premise that was AKB0048 and turn it into something watchable then she sure has talent.

Only Toradora and AnoHana were good, the rest decent but True tears was medicore, but that's just my opnion.
Aug 25, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
cool, pa animation never fails to impress.

Aug 25, 2012 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
nextday said:
dtshyk said:

You mean AnoHana is shit?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 25, 2012 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
Buriki's chara desings? Sure, why not.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 25, 2012 11:27 AM

Jun 2009
Obstinate said:
Buriki's character design? I'm in.

pretty much
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Aug 25, 2012 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
Buriki <33 I'll watch it. ~

Aug 25, 2012 3:15 PM
Jul 2010
Are you serious?
The staff team is like insanely awesome. Toshiya for direction? Buriki character design? I'm on this
Aug 26, 2012 1:36 AM

Oct 2011
P.A. Works, instant watch:p
Aug 26, 2012 1:45 AM

Dec 2010
ZBurn said:
scruffykiwi said:
nextday said:
dtshyk said:

I assume this is a joke. She's one of the best out there. (Toradora, True Tears, AnoHana, Hourou Musuko, Hanasaku Iroha, need i say more .. ) and is certainly running hot at the moment.

After all .. if she can take the premise that was AKB0048 and turn it into something watchable then she sure has talent.

Only Toradora and AnoHana were good, the rest decent but True tears was medicore, but that's just my opnion.

In my humble opinion Ano Hana was awful and even Toradora, one of the JC Staff anime people don't cite as a "soiled LN adaptation" left much to be desired as an adaptation.
Aug 27, 2012 5:16 AM

Sep 2010
"Production Studio: P.A. Works"

Enough to give it a shot !
Aug 27, 2012 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
ZBurn said:

Tastes do differ, but to me Toradora was pretty cringe worthy for the first half due to KugRie Tsundere business, though it did get better in the second half. Pretty good for a romcom, though not the best - See Nodame Cantabile for that.

AnoHana also started off well pretty well, but it got way too melodramatic in its 2nd half. It was as if it was trying to beat Key at its own game (i.e. melodrama), and I don't like Key.

True Tears to me is one of the best romance/drama TV series of the late 2000s era, up there alongside ef tale of memories and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. To me TT was unfairly hated because of Noe Shippers.
Sep 26, 2012 3:15 AM
Sep 2012
Thanks for the update. Loving the visuals. Been staring them for quite a while lol. Buriki is god.

also more keys
Sep 26, 2012 6:10 AM

Jun 2012
Looks great, I wonder what its about though.
Sep 26, 2012 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
The guy definitely looks like Niwa Makoto. But with awkward cloth!
Sep 26, 2012 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
notsureifsrs said:
ZBurn said:
scruffykiwi said:
nextday said:
dtshyk said:

In my humble opinion Ano Hana was awful and even Toradora, one of the JC Staff anime people don't cite as a "soiled LN adaptation" left much to be desired as an adaptation.

Anohaha wasn't bad to me. but Toradora had an awful ending... I really wish there were more Ami but eh. Now we knock down those the writer isn't all that good!
Sep 26, 2012 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
Looks great.Can't wait to see it.
Sep 28, 2012 10:11 PM
Feb 2009
Buriki = Awesome char designs
P.A. Works = Awesome visuals

Those reasons are enough for watching this. Thou sometimes P.A. Works' plot isn't that special, but their visual never fails to make me eyegasm, so why not watch this? :D
Nov 9, 2012 12:34 AM
Mar 2010
just saw the pv...no ecchi in site.

cute girl
possible love tirangle
kawaii boy
amazing art
beautiful music

I'm sold.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 12, 2013 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
YES !!!!

A new Buriki work, motherfucker !

Hey people, if you like this chara-designer, just check the manga Tokage No Ou, it's fricking amazing ;D
Apr 3, 2013 4:14 AM

Jul 2012
Buriki - Fuck yeah!

PA Works - Fuck yeah!

Buriki + PA works = fuck no!

Burikis character designs don't belong to PA works... they give everything is weird gradient.

Best looking Buriki is still denpa onna and that was made by shaft (akiyuki shinbo). I doubt PA does a good job here with these character designs.
Their backgrounds always look amazing but character designs are kinda too slick and glossy
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 15, 2013 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
A lot of people already commented about the staffs, I do agree with most. I look forward to this series. Though, if I'm bothered with something it'll have to be the "characters".

Besides the 2 main: Mukaido Manaka and Sakishima Hikari

The other six listed are characters from the light novel "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" and those VAs are the ones who voiced them on the LN's drama CD. I'm confused... @.@
Jun 25, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
Nagi no Asakura is now confirmed to air from this October (i.e. 2013 Fall Season).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 25, 2013 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
Finally, some news. Kinda have expectations for this one :D
Aug 8, 2013 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
Aug 8, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2013

I got this information from the promotional manga that came out recently.
NYANPASU~!
Aug 12, 2013 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
Aug 12, 2013 6:59 AM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:
Another PV:

Wow, I hope this is as good as Tari Tari or HanaIro. The "image" song by Ray is so good though here. HanaKana being one of the main seiyuu also helps, lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 12, 2013 10:51 AM

Jan 2011
PA works is delivering nice scenery and visuals which is quite common for them. I'm liking the flying fish thing they got going on.
[center]
Sep 19, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2013
Just saw the trailer and I´m definitely gonna watch it when it comes out. The trailer looked pretty amazing!
Sep 22, 2013 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
Sep 22, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
^ The anime radio stations are releasing the latest batch of anime OP's !! Yay!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 23, 2013 1:35 AM

Aug 2013
I sincerely hope it's not going to be another cheesy, over the top melodrama like the ones in AnoHana.

BTW, is Buriki really the one handling the character designs? They don't look like his style at all
Sep 23, 2013 1:50 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:
I sincerely hope it's not going to be another cheesy, over the top melodrama like the ones in AnoHana.
Many people seem to love the over the top melodrama in AnoHana though. Anyway, even other works from PA Works like Iroha and Tari Tari have some melodrama - I just think it goes with their original works...

Amiluhur said:
BTW, is Buriki really the one handling the character designs? They don't look like his style at all
Buriki is not really the person who handles the character design position. Character design is by Ishii Yurko. Buriko is credited with Original Character Concept, which is more like he made a number of basic sketches and then some other people develop on it so the end results could vary from the original design, particularly since it is an original work, unlike Haganai where Buriki's illustrations form a clear reference and viewers can compare and see the difference.

Sep 26, 2013 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
There are NINE volumes for the BD/DVD. It seems that the series is a 2-cour series.

Sep 26, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
There are NINE volumes for the BD/DVD. It seems that the series is a 2-cour series.

Hell yes.
[center]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

56 by Icebreaker93 »»
22 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 4 hours ago

1 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.