Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2012 12:52 PM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So they're gunna go with the idea of parallel worlds so the future that Naho is in wouldn't actually be affected and she'll still be living with those regrets. And =/ it seems like something bad happened between her and Kakeru before he died.

Things are changing rapidly in the present and alotta things from the letters are different now. Nice nice Naho was actually able to invite Kakeru to watch the fireworks with her and her only.
Aug 23, 2012 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
I'm really wondering what's gonna happen with Suwa :I
Aug 23, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2011
This was such a sweet chapter! ^^
I love this manga!
Aug 24, 2012 3:04 AM

Jul 2010
Mauru23 said:
I'm really wondering what's gonna happen with Suwa :I

I agree! Even though Naho's crush on Kakeru is adorable, I feel so bad for Suwa. He smiled when Naho asked Kakeru out to see fireworks but I'm sure he was feeling heartbroken. :(

This was a great chapter! The concept of parallel worlds and time travel is always fascinating and it's nice seeing it employed here in a pseudo-scientific way. It's so sad though that the future Naho writing letters to her past self will never be able to see Kakeru again. I hope we find out soon what Kakeru did to Naho in the future that made him apologize to her right before he died. And it would be nice if the rest of the cast got involved in the time traveling at some point too!
uniAug 24, 2012 3:08 AM
Aug 24, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
Theory coming!Actually the last chapter left with a feeling that Kakeru might be a time traveller or might have received a letter from himself before he died. If future Naho can send letters from the future,why wouldnt Kakeru be able to travel?

Also they´re using Steins:Gate as a role model, lol.
OrulyonSep 14, 2012 5:24 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 25, 2012 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
^ Instead of a time slip, I got the feeling he committed suicide - which is why she sent letters to her past self instead of just asking her past self to just take him somewhere else on the day of his death - because he would have just committed suicide another time. She's trying to slowly change everything that made him so depressed in the first place. The text he sent her before he died sounded like a cry for help.

BEGINNER
Aug 25, 2012 6:03 AM

Apr 2012
It was a refreshing chapter. I was expecting a shocking-revelation kind of chapter and I was somehow glad that I didn't get that.

I agree with adamantine, I also feel like he committed suicide but then again, future Naho did write to past Naho which opens up the thought of time travel and it could lead to the possibility that Kakeru is a time traveler, but somehow, if that does happen, it seems a lot like....ohmygod this is weird. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo right? The girl who LEAPT through time? Is it just coincidence that Kakeru is named Kakeru?

O_________________________________O

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Aug 28, 2012 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder what happened between Naho and Kakeru between Kakeru died.. But it's interesting for the author to cover about theories of time travel since it is relevant in the story..

Go Naho! Looking forward to what will happen during the fireworks!! XD
Sep 15, 2012 1:43 AM

Jun 2010
adamantine said:
^ Instead of a time slip, I got the feeling he committed suicide - which is why she sent letters to her past self instead of just asking her past self to just take him somewhere else on the day of his death - because he would have just committed suicide another time. She's trying to slowly change everything that made him so depressed in the first place. The text he sent her before he died sounded like a cry for help.

Wasn't mentioned somewhere that he died in an accident?
Sep 15, 2012 11:11 PM

Jan 2008
deathxempress said:
adamantine said:

Wasn't mentioned somewhere that he died in an accident?

Yeah, but his letter in the time capsule never included anything to his future self and instead was wishing everyone else happiness as if he wasn't even considering that he would be there, which possibly points to thoughts about suicide. Or, at least, that's where I was getting the idea.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering if Kakeru somehow time traveled or was involved with his future self but I keep going back and forth whether I think he did or not. He just seemed really in tune with her at first which made me wonder if he too was getting letters.

And Sawa's kind of confusing me because that smile at the end didn't seem to have any sadness in it. He just seemed completely happy for his two friends.

I like how the author covered the time traveling possibilities so soon to clear up any major confusions. haha
Nov 2, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
The heck! I was soooo into the explanation of the professor about time slip and boom, its over! Ugh. Haha.
demo, that was one hell of a tricky one. it didn't solve our questions one bit. It actually added more questions.

Anyway, about this chapter.
good going naho! To be able to invite him with all those blushes coming up w/ your so cute cheeks. hahaha. :D
-- Ugh. again. i feel bad for suwa, demo, is his smile forced? or is that genuine? I mean, at first, i feel like its obvious that he likes naho, but these past chapters, i feel like he's really cheering up for them.
im excited for the twist.
Nov 26, 2012 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
Was sooo happy from this chapter, especially at the end (sorry Suwa)... But I know that this isn't the type of manga to let something happy go by untouched... the more happy it gets the harsher the drama will hit, which worries me T.T...
May 3, 2013 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
Orulyon said:
Theory coming!Actually the last chapter left with a feeling that Kakeru might be a time traveller or might have received a letter from himself before he died. If future Naho can send letters from the future,why wouldnt Kakeru be able to travel?
You mean that he was the first in the band to TT but then that lead to his death and then Naho TTs to fix what he did(not knowing that Kakeru's TT caused his death). Now this sounds even more twisted. I like it. Maybe that's the reason he was/is kinda distant.

Edefrem said:
I love this manga!
This.
Aug 6, 2013 11:42 PM

Nov 2011
PLOT DEVELOPMENT.

aokuro said:
Ugh, I'm wondering whether a future Kakeru travelled to the past and commit suicide or something.
I can't shake off this bad feeling I'm getting with this whole time travelling thing. Or letters getting sent to the past.

I don't think so. It was stated as an accident, wasn't it?
Aug 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
This was a nice chapter, I'm glad that Naho was confident enough to ask Kakeru to go see the fireworks with her. But, at the same time, I feel bad for Suwa, he must be hurting inside.
I also liked how they explained the concept of time travel in this chapter, it kind of hints at a lot of things to come.
Sep 22, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
But if the parallel worlds theory is correct, in one parallel world she still winds up with Suwa while she might wind up with Kakeru in this one she is changing.
I thought it was a really cute chapter and he was so happy she made him a bento again.
Aug 31, 2014 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
Theory: Kakeru is getting advice from the future, as well. Im too lazy to go back through the chapter to find proof, but if you think about it, maybe kakeru's suicide (although the method of his demise was not proven) was necessary at the given situation. though, I'm not a very thorough reader so that probably made no sense
Oct 11, 2014 4:02 AM

Sep 2013
Let's go, Suwa. You are orange, not fucking Kakeru.
Nov 26, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2014
Parallel worlds ... so that's how it is. I guess the future Naho already knew she can't change her past. But she wanted another version of her to have a happy life so she still went through all that trouble. That's so nice of her :)
Jan 16, 2015 2:17 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting. I was quite impressed with the time paradox explanation. Thumbs up.
Jan 28, 2015 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
I loved this chapter!!
This manga is amazing!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 8, 2015 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
Edefrem said:
I love this manga!
Aug 23, 2015 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Wintovisky said:
Let's go, Suwa. You are orange, not fucking Kakeru.

I prefer Kakeru over Suwa but you're right. :D
Jul 15, 2016 10:39 PM

Feb 2013
That was an awesome explanation, it even got me interested in looking up more about time travel. I can't shake the feeling that something bad is gonna happen no matter what Naho does. Let's hope not.
Mar 6, 2018 5:15 AM

Dec 2015
I really hope she'll be able to save Kakeru, go go Naho!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 AM

Aug 2022
I think most people are reading different "chapter 5" than I am. I counted all of it and found out there are only 26 chapters of orange manga and 5 of the other one inserted on the end of it. So here I am commenting for the ASTRONAUT series and I like that too. :) Honestly can imagine both twins date the same guy haha.

More topics from this board

» Does the anime and movie cover it all ?

xnub - Aug 13, 2023

1 by ixaa »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:08 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

12 by Frog_blue »»
Feb 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Haru-iro Astronaut Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

6 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 AM

» orange rerelease

Gieog_ - Jan 27, 2022

8 by Smashdevil »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Jul 8, 2012

21 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.