Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 2012 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seriously, I was about to punch a hole through my computer monitor in rage after Urabe kicked her shoes into Tsubaki's face, telling him not to look up her yukata even though he's trying to rescue her. I was like "Okay, you two don't kiss, you don't hug, you don't even want anyone to know that he's your boyfriend, and now even after he saw your panties countless times, he's not even allowed that anymore???!!" But then there was a twist at the end which made me say "Oh..." I guess it's a nice episode, though if you're expecting something *ahem* extra out of this OVA, don't get your hopes up. 4 out of 5 or 7 out of 10
Aug 22, 2012 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
Yukata and summer festival ep.

KajiKaji's character really is in the OVA, too! LOL~ double date!! lol even more @ KajiKaji's character's girlfriend for getting Urabe as model.

LOL~ the way to find out the rope to save Urabe = yodare?!

Really weird couple with fox masks...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 22, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Well I was surprised of the bondage stuff,

that was surprising TBH.
Kokujin-kun said:
though if you're expecting something *ahem* extra out of this OVA, don't get your hopes up. 4 out of 5 or 7 out of 10
I think the OVA already did what it had to do in the spoiler
that of showing Tsubaki's sister naked with a side breasts and ass view.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 22, 2012 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Fun OVA is fun.

Dat summer festivals, masks, and bondage.
Aug 23, 2012 12:51 AM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
I think the OVA already did what it had to do in the spoiler, that of showing Tsubaki's sister naked with a side breasts and ass view.

Meh, we got butts and sideboobs in the regular series >_>. And, of course, no progress in their relationship, although I doubt they've even kissed in all of the 10 volumes of the manga anyways.
Aug 23, 2012 2:18 AM

Oct 2010
Kokujin-kun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I think the OVA already did what it had to do in the spoiler, that of showing Tsubaki's sister naked with a side breasts and ass view.

Meh, we got butts and sideboobs in the regular series >_>. And, of course, no progress in their relationship, although I doubt they've even kissed in all of the 10 volumes of the manga anyways.
Thing is the series only shows out the girls of Tsubaki. Point was the sister and her fan service was nil. The OVA in doing that distinguished itself in terms of fan service not being shown of a certain person in TV series. Which of course many OVAs do so it follows a good example.

The other one would be to make characters in segments never before done. Such as a festival and Yukatas again another thing the OVA succeeds so it's therefore certainly not a failure.

In terms of their relation think of as Nagisa and Tomoya but REALLY WEIRD! That's all pretty much. It will take time and that's for sure in such a case. Needs S2 and maybe even S3. Could most likely be done in 2 S like Clannad did.

That being said it's all I can say in response.

Aug 23, 2012 4:22 AM

Aug 2012
I am really disappointed! was expecting a lot of ecchi scenes but sadly :S
here are some pics which at least I think it was the best

Aug 23, 2012 5:57 PM
May 2012
woowow Ova and I loved the characters descomunication, tsubaki not a coward and knows how to help his girlfriend, but she does not want XD, and fondling his ass as he wanted XD ... I love and it was fun and weird XD I demand ..... 2SSSSS
Aug 24, 2012 8:08 AM

Sep 2007
Couldn't believe he got away with groping Urabe's bottom! Ha ha!

Aug 27, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
Kokujin-kun said:
4 out of 5 or 7 out of 10

That's some interesting math here. ;)
5/10 in my eyes. Quite boring, just the usual OVA that adds basically nothing to the main story what can be fine but here it was..meh..

However, Urabe's defense was down here quite much. Unusual.
And those fox spirits..that was unnecessary and overall distracting..
Aug 27, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
I liked it but i hoped for something more :) Original anime episodes were much better, can't wait for the next seson.
Aug 27, 2012 3:26 PM
Aug 27, 2012 4:32 PM

Feb 2012
D'awww. Cute ep.

Missed Urabe and that magical drool lol.

SOoooo hope for a season 2.
Aug 27, 2012 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
It was nice especially the the couple that did the hell museum. Those two added a certain refreshing touch to the end of the ova.
Aug 27, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2011
That was a decent continuation. I'd prefer these OVAs over a new season.
Aug 27, 2012 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
Kokujin-kun said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Since Volume 9 is what this OAD was distributed with, there is absolutely now way of knowing if they have kissed in 10 volumes. (But they haven't in 9.)

Really, when they kiss, the story is over. With the way Urabe and Tsubaki's saliva react to each other, that will cause a cascading effect that will result in loss of virginity! LOL!

A great piece of trivia: The characters that were "possessed by fox spirits" were the main couple from Ueshiba-sensei's earlier manga Discommunication, Matsubue Takaomi and Togawa Arika. Evidently, part of the story is taht Matsubue asks Togawa if he can drink some of her tears! (The first chapter of it was released by the same scanilation group that is doing MGX a while back... I'll have to see about reading it...)

This story, by the way, is the first real "anime original" one for MGX. There is a summer festival chapter (#27), and some of the banter and the lack of underwear under the yukata is similar, but the story is entirely different.

This story is very cute. I especially like the way they made Ueno complicit in setting up the "double date" without actually knowing that he was setting up his friend with his own girlfriend! LOL!

From the end card:

I would say that there is a fairly good chance of a season 2 announcement on the horizon. But we'll have to wait and see...
Aug 27, 2012 9:26 PM

Dec 2007
zensunni said:
Since Volume 9 is what this OAD was distributed with, there is absolutely now way of knowing if they have kissed in 10 volumes. (But they haven't in 9.)

And if I said nine volumes, people will correct me about the chapters that continue beyond that
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Aug 28, 2012 12:37 AM

Oct 2011
thought at first this was just going to be yr. usual summer festival ova, but it turned out to be a beautiful and moving experience, just like the anime - had to give this a solid 9 - so moving to see the blooming of young romance.........this anime perfectly captures the pervy and cute innocence of the original manga - bravo and i pray for season 2!!!
Aug 28, 2012 2:37 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty much the same stuff in the series but still I can't stop smiling while watching this.

Man, Urabe and Tsubaki's awkward moments.
Aug 28, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2010
was ok, even after all this time the siliva thing is still gross then we got tear licking >.>
Aug 28, 2012 12:08 PM
May 2012
This left me a doubt, the yukata Urabe, was from the Edo period, very old and rare ..... the kitsume are fox spirits that possess people giving them powers very strong ... I am amazed that no Urabe went wrong and why the injury caught off guard ...... but what most makes me wonder ... will that Urabe is the daughter of a kitsume?? so will only mention that your father? Is that why you have such strange physical and emotional skills???? good, they are just theories, but I think that the inclusion of these two characters: matsubue (possibly the son of a well kitsume) and Arika, have given some light on the identity of Urabe .... Well, see
Aug 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
I loved the OVA It felt good to be back in the world of Urabe and Tsubaki
Aug 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
nazonokanojoy said:
This left me a doubt, the yukata Urabe, was from the Edo period, very old and rare ..... the kitsume are fox spirits that possess people giving them powers very strong ... I am amazed that no Urabe went wrong and why the injury caught off guard ...... but what most makes me wonder ... will that Urabe is the daughter of a kitsume?? so will only mention that your father? Is that why you have such strange physical and emotional skills???? good, they are just theories, but I think that the inclusion of these two characters: matsubue (possibly the son of a well kitsume) and Arika, have given some light on the identity of Urabe .... Well, see

Well, Urabe was originally going to be something like that.

The panel in the spoiler block comes from, one of the volumes of the manga.

So basically, he had originally planned on MGX as a sequel to Yume Tsukai (which is the sequel to Discommunication, where the new characters in the OVA came from, BTW), with Urabe being a girl that had inherited mysterious powers from an ancient occult bloodline, but his editors essentially staged an intervention to get him off of an addiction to writing occult stories or something! LOL!

But, I really like their thought process! To the teenage boy, what is more mysterious than that girl in the tight sweater (or sailor suit, or frilly blouse, or sundress, or concert t-shirt... I guess what I chose first is some kind of insight into my personal preferences... cue up the J Giels Band song "Centerfold" ["...those soft, fuzzy sweaters, too magical to touch..."] and continue reading...) on the other side of the room that you just can't get off your mind? Nothing! That is the true genius of this story. Sure, it has all sorts of pseudo-psychic/supernatural aspects with the transfer of emotional and physical states and dreams through exchanging drool (or sweat), but the real mystery is the opposite sex in the first place! So mysterious... So alluring... So desirable... So untouchable...

As for the people who are disappointed that the relationship has not progressed more physically, I read something that addresses that in another one of the volume extras a while back. (which I, sadly enough, cannot find on my hard drive or on the web anymore... to the point that I was wondering if I actually read it... :( ) It talked about the reason that he placed the age of the characters in the 16/17 year-old age range. He said something to the effect of:

If you tell a story about two middle school students who are attracted to each other and end up spending the night together, your assumption is that they would not have sex, if the same story were told about college age students, you would assume they would. High school is the middle ground where you don't really know what will happen. They are legally old enough*, but inexperienced, so they may or may not.
[* In Japan, and most US States, but not all...]

That age group holds a great wealth of narrative possibilities. I think that is part of the reason that so many romance stories are set at that age. In that same author's note section, he talked about how he thinks that modern youth are too quick to enter into physically intimate relationships and this story is about the wonders of the pre-sexual relationship and the joys and sorrows the emotional roller-coaster (my word, not his) that such relationships put you on provide. From that point of view, once the relationship reaches a point of physical intimacy, the mystery is gone and the story over! It is a story about the journey, not the destination!

And what a journey it has been, and hopefully, will be again!
zensunniAug 28, 2012 2:01 PM
Aug 29, 2012 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
I love this anime BUT i was expecting a little more from this OVA. Some progression in their relationship beyond a commitment to go to next years festival together. I understand the string around the wrist is a symbol of their commitment to each other and it was very sweet. However I really wanted to see more of a development, a simple kiss, even just on the cheek. I really do like this show, I love Urabe's voice absolutely and Tsubaki at times can be annoying but he is a genuinely good guy. Can't wait for season 2 fingers crossed it isnt too far away
Aug 29, 2012 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Mehh was alright, nothing special.
Aug 29, 2012 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
V001 said:
However I really wanted to see more of a development, a simple kiss, even just on the cheek.
I will agree with this. A kiss on the cheek should be fine and not too fast yet nice as a gesture.

IMO the creator should aim for that next despite the ass touching was quite a nice dare move.

Aug 29, 2012 9:48 AM

May 2010
everything was good. a good 13th episode to end the series i think. maybe more development but oh well oh well.
Aug 29, 2012 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
would say this OVA was odd,....but the whole show is, i rated tit the same as the anime ...i think
Aug 30, 2012 12:19 AM

Jan 2012
So Saliva vision saves the day? The guy wanting to suck that girl's tears was definitely weird as well, but nowhere near Tsubaki's level.
Aug 30, 2012 1:21 AM

Nov 2007
zensunni said:

I read that not too long ago while re-reading Nazu no Kanojo X for the past few days, so I can tell you that it is on the manga itself somewhere as an extra.
[The part about him choosing not to develop the relationship to the point where sex is involved.]

Also, something to quote by the reception of this anime to peers; you have seem it almost all with all other sorts of series, open your minds and let this one take you there too but on a whole new level.
I've certainly enjoyed the ride~
avluisAug 30, 2012 1:25 AM
Aug 30, 2012 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
So the OVA itself was meh, but seeing Arika and Takaomi animated more than makes up for that. Who could've expected that, after all these years?
Aug 31, 2012 5:44 AM

Jul 2011
Nice episode, but seriously, those ghosts is even more strange...
Aug 31, 2012 5:44 AM

May 2012
Nice ova but well this whole anime lacks a plot, it's just goes on and on not that it's bad but there doesn't seem to be any progress at all! I do hope they'll make or a second season or something like that has a decent plot!
Aug 31, 2012 7:41 AM

Apr 2009
As if drool tasting wasn't enough, now we get tear drinking! Oh yeah and it's suppose to be a mystery, okaaayy moving on now. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 1, 2012 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
At least there was a bit of weirdness... The actual season could've done with a lot more of that.

Otherwise, take this episode, shuffle it somewhere into the middle of the series, and you probably wouldn't see a difference in continuity.
Sep 1, 2012 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't expect an original story and wasn't too fond of the ghosts, I just wanted to see Tsubaki x Urabe and not some other supernatural couple, the lack of Tsubaki's sister in the rest of the episode was quite the disappointment, too.

In the it was still decent, hope we get a second season next year.
Sep 6, 2012 1:13 AM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I was surprised of the bondage stuff,
I think the OVA already did what it had to do in the spoiler
that of showing Tsubaki's sister naked with a side breasts and ass view.
Stark700 said:
Fun OVA is fun.
Dat summer festivals, masks, and bondage.
Yvese said:
D'awww. Cute ep.
Missed Urabe and that magical drool lol.
SOoooo hope for a season 2.

+1 to all.
Loved it. Exceeded expectations. Top notch extension to the TV series. I've had a break of MGX, just saw this, and now I am (once again) addicted to this anime as much as Tsubaki is addicted to Urabe's drool. I want more! Please, second season!!
Sep 7, 2012 10:22 AM
Feb 2012
Not enough drool.

And since we're at the topic of not enough- the BD sales don't look good enough to warrant a second season; unfortunately I must add. I wonder if I'll have enough time to read the manga at some point. Maybe, maybe.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 1, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
I am actually really interested in the new characters.
Oct 10, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
It was okay, didn't really change my opinion of the show, though it was interesting to see some more of these mysterious things. At times Oka seems like she is more interested in Urabe than in her boyfriend. 3/5.
Jun 30, 2013 11:28 PM

Nov 2012
the OVA.. well it is great.. no it is good enough..

urabe and tsubaki not really romantic in this episode..

btw is that boy and girl *the one who kidnapped urabe* is a spirit.. hee.. interesting XD

seriously still want another season of this .. :/ hope there will be.. :)
Aug 6, 2013 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
That was strange.
Nov 10, 2013 3:36 PM
Sep 2012
this OVA is one of my favorite....

New Mysterious Couple @_@
Tear Licking

im hoping for another OVA....
Feb 17, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
For those that didn't know, or were wondering, those two spirits were from a manga called "Discommunication"

http://myanimelist.net/manga/5680/Discommunication

There was supposedly an ad for the re-release of it in the special edition of Najo no Kanojo X volume 9
Mar 24, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2009
Great OVA :D

It's a shame this is only DVD and there's no BD. It was weird since i watched the BD's and suddenly the quality here isn't as sharp compared to the main series.

Urabe in yukata!! Oka is not bad at all :P

Damn so even in rope Urabe's saliva can travel that far huh!? And yeah the only reason she threw one her sandals is becaise she's not wearing and panties or anything.

Still it was nice of Urabe to give Tsubaki that red thread. And lol they made one fan service about Tsubaki's sister. Not bad at all :)

So the fox characters was actually one of the author's older works discommunication. That was a nice reference from his older work :)

So Togawa asks why she falls in love with Matsubue? Interesting plot ^^

The reference from older works reminded me of Durarara! and how Baccano!! characters Miria and Isaac made some cameos :D

So now the series is over. I do hope they animate the rest of the manga and make a season 2!!

Want more finger licking saliva action and romance!!

a 8-9/10 :D
Jun 18, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2014
wow, that's a lot of saliva Urabe's got. I think theya re taking this drool thing way too far. Urabe also got a super hard *ss ^^.

We didn't get any kisses, hugs, here, but we got a piggy-back ride! Not overly terrible at all, quite enjoyable.
Score: 4/5
_Dazzle_Jun 18, 2014 3:33 PM
Jul 8, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
was a good ova just like the anime wish they would make a second season
there both just so dam adorable mhmmm
[/quote]
Sep 6, 2014 7:58 AM
Jan 2011
This series is like the biggest cock-tease ever. In anime its okay for women to beat up guys for any reason. But guys can't do the same. Looks like even Japan follows the same feminism thats prevalent in the US.
Dec 28, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
bullshit after making the 2 leads of his Discommunication manga make a cameo, THEY JUST HAVE TO ANIMATE THAT ONE AS WELL
Jul 5, 2016 6:14 PM
Feb 2015
gonna miss this anime so much
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Fansub

Artix86 - Aug 27, 2012

4 by SpectrumDT »»
May 10, 2018 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.