Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2012 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
C'mon Loran, you weren't afraid to slap Sochie before, she needs another one. Also who is pulling the strings behind the scenes? Someone really wants to go to war with Earth.
Sep 13, 2012 11:45 PM

Aug 2010
Meh, Sochie is acting like a little bitch. I get that her father died and she wants revenge, but holy fuck what a racist pig.
Dec 12, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Sochie really lays the hate on thick. But, I suppose that's the point. I think she's meant to represent someone clouded with hate. I think it could be handled better, though.

Yeah, between the attempted Assination and releasing a prisoner, someone really has it out for Dianna.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
Wow! Everyone at the beginning of the episode was sooo ugly, lol. The art and animation was just of lesser quality than the rest of the series, but it kind of made me laugh.

For a minute there, I thought Loran had really fooled Charry. Ha, right.

Also, I just realized that Kapools are really cute! They can't be the best design, though. Balls are kind of hard to push through air, right? Surely it would be better to make something more aerodynamic. But whatever. Cuuute little robots.<3

This new prisoner guy is insanee. Stop attacking the Gundam. =_= Sochie's insane, too. It would make sense for her to be shocked at discovering her (foreign and as-strange-looking-as-every-other-moon-person) friend is of the moon race, but suddenly hating him makes no sense. He's been helpful in the past...and he stated his stance which isn't aggressive or anything. Stupid adolescent female Gundam pilots. :\
Jun 30, 2013 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
Cathedral said:
They can't be the best design, though. Balls are kind of hard to push through air, right? Surely it would be better to make something more aerodynamic.

You are right here. You'll find out later why they are designed this way
Feb 8, 2014 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
I wonder what is the condition of the Moon race. To send a guy like that man to Earth, and to put little kids as spies and they just try to invade it. Maybe the situation on the Moon is pretty bad, despite their techonlogy. Ok, ok, maybe I'm thinking too much, probably this series was just bad written xD

Oh well, good episode, despite that rediculous new guy. It was kind of funny to see the movements of these ball-like mobile suits.
Apr 5, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
That guy with the arrow pointing out of his dick was ridiculous, I hope he's not going to be a reoccurring villain such as Char or something. xD

Anyways, finally some real weapons. I have been hungry for some good Gundam battles for a while. I doubt Turn A has too many of those, though. This just doesn't seem like a typical Gundam.

Oh, and I didn't know hitting a mobile suit to the crotch transfers the pain to the pilot.
Jan 25, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2010
Someone please slap Sochie a thousand times.
Sep 4, 2015 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Glad he finally found the beam sabers. Now he just needs a beam rifle or two... and that Gundam has to have some Vulcans somewhere, maybe he just hasn't found them yet.

I agree that Sochie needs slapped. There are always at least one character in every Gundam series that just needs bitch slapped. Too bad Bright isn't always there to do it. Lol
Jun 29, 2016 5:44 PM

Apr 2016
Well, Corin is kind of a clown. Sophie has no right to be in the Turn A Gundam considering that whench sucks ass and deserves to be yelled at and even slapped by Loran. I hate her.
Oct 8, 2016 6:49 PM

Apr 2014
here's hoping sochie dies.
Apr 7, 2017 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
Corin/Colleen is the first character to recognize a Gundam ! That in itself makes me wonder how old he truly is since he was frozen away. About his arrival on Earth, it clearly shows that the ones still in command on the Moon don't share Dianna's view.
On the other side, looks like Kihel finally understands that Guen is not someone to trust when it comes to peace negotiations. And... is Dianna starting to think about doing a "Prince and Pauper" ??

With the beam sabers found and Loran using the robot bettet than before, I don't know how the Turn-A will be restrained by the scenarists.

5/5 despite the drawings going further down.

Serhiyko said:
Cathedral said:
[Kapool] can't be the best design, though. Balls are kind of hard to push through air, right? Surely it would be better to make something more aerodynamic.

How? They were designed like a dozen of years before Turn A was even made.
{dead youtube video link}

April 8, 2017
@Serhiyko @Serhiyko Oh, sorry I understood "a reason why they were designed this way by the show's makers" (as in, made this way to serve a later purpose in this show)
The dozen of years was in real life too. ^^"

December 26, 2020
St0rmblade said:

It really boggles my mind just what is the reason behind all these dinosaur-like designs of Moonrace mechas.

It should not, By now, you should have been vaccinated against such thoughts: there were the constant transformable Zeta mecha (thanks to Macross), the Rahd/Wheels for Victory, the "pirates" for F91. It's just Tomino's whim and/or need to innovate in designs in order to be different and sell new models.
Rei_IIIDec 26, 2020 6:14 AM
Apr 8, 2017 8:19 AM

Oct 2009
Rei366 said:
Serhiyko said:

How? They were designed like a dozen of years before Turn A was even made.

I still don't see how this negates my point. Obviously they were designed long before they were found, and there was a reason to why they were designed this way back then, which will be explained later in the series
Dec 27, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2011
Finally, someone recognised Gundam!
Apr 23, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2017
Gundam gets called out.
Beam saber.
Angsty girl.

Good episode. Now we travel through the 5 episode internal torment when Lauran finally kills someone.
Jul 12, 2020 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
Characterizing Sochie as 'racist' is brainless. How many people in reality would actually have a nuanced view of an invading force? Come on, people.
syncrogazerJul 12, 2020 1:58 PM
Dec 25, 2020 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
I've really grown to like the OP, such a great collection of different sounds (from flutes to hard guitar riffs)

Mentioning cryogenesis as a means of punishment caught me off guard. But it might be key to understanding why such a seemingly comical character knows about Gundams, while everybody else (including Loran) apparently does not.

It really boggles my mind just what is the reason behind all these dinosaur-like designs of Moonrace mechas.

I like how Sochie was like "damn my ass hurts after sitting in this mecha for so long...uh, do you guys have a super important talk about military affairs here? can I join?" xD

despite the drawings going further down.

Didn't feel that way in this particular episode. The drawings were fine.

P.S. Keith intends to sell his FLAT to militia, I see.
St0rmbladeDec 25, 2020 3:29 PM
Apr 4, 2021 2:06 PM

Sep 2017
syncrogazer said:
Characterizing Sochie as 'racist' is brainless. How many people in reality would actually have a nuanced view of an invading force? Come on, people.

I agree, I would have behaved the same way if my nation was attacked and I lost a loved one.
Nov 19, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2017
I understand sochie's actions but she really is insufferable, even sharing a deep bond with Loran, he treats him in that way.
I'm a little confused by the events, there's someone who in pulling the strings of the war from behind the scenes,maybe guin.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.