Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
It took me nearly 7 episodes to realize the plot line in Dog Days'. It was staring at my face but now I just finally understood the whole plot.

Plot, more or less, is - Public Enemy #1: Clothes.

In almost every episode, clothes rip off during fighting. How did I not see that plot! Clothes... must destroy.
Aug 19, 2012 4:02 PM
Apr 2012
Its funny how he confessed to milhi at the end and after the first few episodes they pretend like nothing happened and they act like they did before. i was hoping that they would work out some romance allowing him to stay forever and travel back when needed. guess i have to watch to find out, dislike waiting though
Aug 19, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
laughatyouxd said:
Its funny how he confessed to milhi at the end and after the first few episodes they pretend like nothing happened and they act like they did before. i was hoping that they would work out some romance allowing him to stay forever and travel back when needed. guess i have to watch to find out, dislike waiting though

Either:
A) He forgot the last few moments while being sucked away
B) They are in an awkward situation where he... oh forget it. Go with A)
C) Plot? What's that? I only know about the clothes plot.

My bet is A B and C.
Aug 20, 2012 2:48 AM

May 2009
This show has a plot? That's news to me. Last I checked, it's more "how many girls can we undress today?" Not that there's anything particularly bad about that...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 5:37 PM

Nov 2010
The first series had an underlying plot, but yeah the second one I don't know, Destroying clothes seems to be the main aim.
Aug 23, 2012 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
Or perhaps Adelaide is keeping Valerie's demonic, evil instincts in check, and through some destructively retarded magical phenomena, he ends up losing control and the Three Legendary Warriors (AKA Cinque, Nanami and Rebecca) have to slay him - and end up somehow tearing the fabric of Flonyard in a way that would effectively prevent them from coming back (not because of what they did, but because them remaining there would effectively kill off both worlds).

It'd be a gutwrenching plottwist for a series like this. I... don't think I could stomach such an ending. It'd hurt too much.

Or perhaps another ending could be that something traps them on Flonyard and they now make new lives - with Cinque becoming the new heir apparent of Biscotti (Cinque X Milhi) , Nanami becoming Princess Regent of Galette (Gaul x Nanami - Leo said she'd pass off the throne to Gaul in S1), and Rebecca becoming the Personal Confidante of Pastillage (Cou x Becky - done by taking pages from SakuRemi). That's one way to end it, and while it might go out with a Tsukaima-like vibe, it would probably give a few fans pairing closure.

Of course, they could just do like they always did, and keep Flonyard open to those three as a place of solace and relaxation, to visit when they're just too stressed with life/need counsel/etc. (after all, every dog has its day - see what I did there?)
Aug 25, 2012 10:07 AM

Dec 2010
One of the reasons I liked the first season is because towards the end it did have a somewhat plot, it wasn't fan service every single episode and it wasn't that much of a harem.

This season has gone way over the top with the fan service, harem and theres no plot at all. I don't believe there's much romance as well this season unless I've missed something over the constant fan service =/
Aug 25, 2012 7:41 PM

Dec 2011
darkwap said:
One of the reasons I liked the first season is because towards the end it did have a somewhat plot, it wasn't fan service every single episode and it wasn't that much of a harem.

This season has gone way over the top with the fan service, harem and theres no plot at all. I don't believe there's much romance as well this season unless I've missed something over the constant fan service =/

If it's a harem, then it's probably one of the lightest varieties of harem that my eyes have ever tasted. I mean, Cinque's so airheaded, he can't decide his lovemate for himself (nor do I believe he even cares), and the whole affair seems so heavily drenched in estrogen that I'm not sure I could sink my teeth into that theory.

Besides, why are men in anime always looked at as having a "harem", but if a girl suddenly has an army of GUYS going after her, it's looked at like no big deal?

The amount of feminism in anime culture these days is outright infuriating - because they make men out to be jerks/assholes/people that don't NEED saving.

I mean, honestly, when have we ever had a stud in distress? Just once, I'd love a "Hero saves the helpless princess" anime with the gender rules COMPLETELY reversed! Meaning, the MAN is the helpless one, and the girl is the hero.

If there is anyone who can do this, they shalt receive my entire fortune of $150.

(Disclaimer: Warning. The following skit has no relations to the anime Dog Days. No cats were harmed in the making of this skit, and Cat Neck is simply a recipe for a chicken-based doggy chew toy. Enjoy :D)

Cobblesworth: But you can hardly call that a fortune, sire!
Dobbins: Yeah! I mean, what did you think that would buy them, a new 90 inch television set?
Renvalt: .... *crushes wine glass in his hand* You were saying?
C&D: M-M-M-M-M....MUUUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!

And so the two fat cats became delicious cat neck dinners that very night.
Aug 26, 2012 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
CujoFoxtar said:

If it's a harem, then it's probably one of the lightest varieties of harem that my eyes have ever tasted. I mean, Cinque's so airheaded, he can't decide his lovemate for himself (nor do I believe he even cares), and the whole affair seems so heavily drenched in estrogen that I'm not sure I could sink my teeth into that theory.

Well from the harem anime I've seen(like 3-4) and read about, isn't that always the case. The main character never has any interests in the girls that like him nor does he realise that his made many female characters fall for him. Also I thought this was classified as a harem, Milhi, Eclair and Rebecca all like Cinque and perhaps some others.

Also in the anime Oda Nobuna the guy is the one who needs saving most of the time by the main/side female character.
Aug 27, 2012 10:53 PM

Dec 2011
darkwap said:

Well from the harem anime I've seen(like 3-4) and read about, isn't that always the case. The main character never has any interests in the girls that like him nor does he realise that his made many female characters fall for him. Also I thought this was classified as a harem, Milhi, Eclair and Rebecca all like Cinque and perhaps some others.

Erm, To Love Ru would like to have a word with you. Rito doesn't really care for MOST of the cast save Haruna (and MAYBE Lala) in that anime - yet almost all, if not the entirety of the female cast ends up falling for him - and yet he only has eyes for one (maybe two) of them. That's harem in my book - when your protagonist actually GIVES two hoots about ANY of the girls in said group in any way (romantically, I should add).

With Cinque, I don't really think he cares. He's just a carefree boy that would prefer to whack everyone upside the head and call it "sports". Weird, I know, but you can't consider it a harem because unlike Rito's case, that's the LAST thing Cinque really cares about.

So to me, Cinque doesn't exactly have a harem, since everyone in Flonyard is simply a friend to him, and he's not one to think about romance right then and there.

darkwap said:

Also in the anime Oda Nobuna the guy is the one who needs saving most of the time by the main/side female character.

Duly noted. Although, I was actually thinking more along the lines of having the roles of the Prince and Princess in the fairytale classic of "Sleeping Beauty" switched around - y'know, that kind of thing.

Anime does a good job of making teenage women and up feel powerful, but what about the younger ones? We've hardly had a case for young 'uns where they can feel like they're worth something. That's what I was trying to say.

And no, peachy shit like "Mahou Shoujo" doesn't count. You wanna impress me, you go and do something like Yoko Littner or a female Kenshiro - we need more tomboys in anime lead spots!

The reason? Society thinks girls should be all frills and dolls and crap - not all girls like that, and tomboys kinda need a powerful example in media to show that it's not considered wrong or ugly or even terrible to be a tomboy.

I mean, after all - children ARE often inspired by the media to become better people - having more examples of this wouldn't be a bad thing if done right.
Aug 30, 2012 6:26 PM

Jul 2011
LOOL Clothes rip, why didn't i think of that? xD

in all seriousness, the whole series doesn't have a plot in the first place, its all just fanservice with cinque being in the centre of it all, i wanted to see some proper romance but they seem to have disregarded it for more fanservice
Aug 31, 2012 1:38 AM

Apr 2011
Plot? What plot? Is it edible?
Aug 31, 2012 2:01 AM

Apr 2010
There is no plot, enjoy the ride ;)
Sep 2, 2012 5:22 AM
Apr 2012
Teldara said:
It took me nearly 7 episodes to realize the plot line in Dog Days'. It was staring at my face but now I just finally understood the whole plot.

Plot, more or less, is - Public Enemy #1: Clothes.

In almost every episode, clothes rip off during fighting. How did I not see that plot! Clothes... must destroy.

tats a funny "plot" cuz clothes really?
Sep 2, 2012 2:38 PM

Dec 2011
darkwap said:

'Somewhat plot'? So you simply wanted S2 to be a repeat of S1, barring some minor fluff?

You should know that we won't EVER get another Madoka. Never ever. What that guy did is unique and should stay that way.

I don't need another anime going as viral as that or Naruto/Bleach. Nope. Just don't.

And complaining about fanservice? Why does everyone in anime have to die for your eyes to be sated? If it's the fact that the women are the biggest brunt of the receiving end, well.... That's Japan for you.
Sep 2, 2012 3:07 PM

Nov 2010
CujoFoxtar said:

'Somewhat plot'? So you simply wanted S2 to be a repeat of S1, barring some minor fluff?

You should know that we won't EVER get another Madoka. Never ever. What that guy did is unique and should stay that way.

I don't need another anime going as viral as that or Naruto/Bleach. Nope. Just don't.

And complaining about fanservice? Why does everyone in anime have to die for your eyes to be sated? If it's the fact that the women are the biggest brunt of the receiving end, well.... That's Japan for you.

Nobody wants repeats of past seasons, he is just saying that there is no underlying plot this season and that there was a nice one last season. And why are you even comparing Dog Days to Madoka, nobody here is expecting Dog Days' to be the next Madoka, it can still have a good plot without being that popular. It doesn't need to be as popular as Bleach or Naruto it just needs a plot.

And why don't you make a thread to rant about the mistreatment of woman in anime and Japanese culture, instead of ranting about it here.
Sep 2, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
CujoFoxtar said:

Nobody wants repeats of past seasons, he is just saying that there is no underlying plot this season and that there was a nice one last season. And why are you even comparing Dog Days to Madoka, nobody here is expecting Dog Days' to be the next Madoka, it can still have a good plot without being that popular. It doesn't need to be as popular as Bleach or Naruto it just needs a plot.

And why don't you make a thread to rant about the mistreatment of woman in anime and Japanese culture, instead of ranting about it here.

Perhaps because it was added as a closing point, and had nothing to do with the meat of my post?

As for your argument of "nobody wants repeats of past seasons"....

-The next biggest and baddest demon invading Flonyard's wars: Leon's responsible for this big time. If she had simply stopped worrying so much about what the Star Mirror was telling her and just TOLD Milhi what was going on, the entire kerfuffle could have been avoided entirely. Then Dog Days would have gone in a somewhat similar direction to fun'n'games animes like Hayate no Gotoku, Macademi Wasshoi, etc.

-Wanting heavier romantics between Milhi and Cinque/worried about catfights between Becky and Milhi/complaining about Eclair and Cinque action: Saying only the most important characters (of which Becky was NOT in the first season, and got a late start in S2) can get the guy is just conceited, stupid, not to mention irritatingly cliche.

To be honest, I prefer when the female lead doesn't get the guy, but instead one of the side characters gets the guy. It rarely happens because most anime writers/directors are too afraid to break from the atypical cliches (that's why we have so many friggin tsunderes that never get over it - Eclair got over hers, thank god).

-Adelaide/Valerio hyped as badguys with the ominous shadow: Super Smash Bros for the N64 did this with the four secret characters, if you recall. When you unlocked them, the shadows came undone. Master Hand was shown from the start in that game too.

Continuing to think that "shadowed characters = bad guys" will only cause you to not see how the media industry is changing. Long gone are the cases where black and red always meant evil. Nowadays, even the characters who look evil aren't really so (and vice versa with characters who look pure and innocent but are in truth evil).

We're no longer seeing things in mere black and white - gray DOES exist.

----------------

Those three things were most of the whiners' biggest complaints this season - especially GregZor who I think is the biggest worshipper of S1. I like both seasons, tbh, it just so happens that right now, Season 2 is not yet done, so I'm waiting for it to finish before I pick out my favorite episodes for both seasons.
Sep 2, 2012 9:03 PM

Nov 2010
CujoFoxtar said:

Perhaps because it was added as a closing point, and had nothing to do with the meat of my post?

As for your argument of "nobody wants repeats of past seasons"....

-The next biggest and baddest demon invading Flonyard's wars: Leon's responsible for this big time. If she had simply stopped worrying so much about what the Star Mirror was telling her and just TOLD Milhi what was going on, the entire kerfuffle could have been avoided entirely. Then Dog Days would have gone in a somewhat similar direction to fun'n'games animes like Hayate no Gotoku, Macademi Wasshoi, etc.

-Wanting heavier romantics between Milhi and Cinque/worried about catfights between Becky and Milhi/complaining about Eclair and Cinque action: Saying only the most important characters (of which Becky was NOT in the first season, and got a late start in S2) can get the guy is just conceited, stupid, not to mention irritatingly cliche.

To be honest, I prefer when the female lead doesn't get the guy, but instead one of the side characters gets the guy. It rarely happens because most anime writers/directors are too afraid to break from the atypical cliches (that's why we have so many friggin tsunderes that never get over it - Eclair got over hers, thank god).

-Adelaide/Valerio hyped as badguys with the ominous shadow: Super Smash Bros for the N64 did this with the four secret characters, if you recall. When you unlocked them, the shadows came undone. Master Hand was shown from the start in that game too.

Continuing to think that "shadowed characters = bad guys" will only cause you to not see how the media industry is changing. Long gone are the cases where black and red always meant evil. Nowadays, even the characters who look evil aren't really so (and vice versa with characters who look pure and innocent but are in truth evil).

We're no longer seeing things in mere black and white - gray DOES exist.

----------------

Those three things were most of the whiners' biggest complaints this season - especially GregZor who I think is the biggest worshipper of S1. I like both seasons, tbh, it just so happens that right now, Season 2 is not yet done, so I'm waiting for it to finish before I pick out my favorite episodes for both seasons.

Yeah but you have ranted about it multiple times earlier

Yeah a lot of anime take something that should be small and make it big, I thought the same thing but who cares at least it was a underlying plot for the whole season, and was quite a nice story. With the second season we have really none, but the whole maou coming back and d’Arquien's brother. And there is a lot more clothes ripping and falling on guys this season.

The Romance isn't a problem with me, I have watched a lot of harems that doesn't bother me. And Rebecca is the main character's childhood friend she usually has a step up on all the other girls. It's already been shown that both Rebecca and Milhi like Cinque and are ok with each other liking him since they gossip about him.

Maybe that's because that's what sells and that's what people want. I have only seen that happen once in SHUFFLE, I liked it but there are better romance anime.

If anybody is suspicious of them then they should, there is a reason they were brought into the story, and that might be good or bad. Although nothing that sounds bad in this anime is ever bad, war=games death=getting turned into a kitty or having your clothes ripped depending on your gender.

Apparently you have never watched Detective Conan, every bad guy in all 667 episodes looks like this and it is never going to change

And in anime with a lot of cliches it usually is the person with the dark shadow.

Do all your sentences end with something about society? keep it to the anime unless it's necessary

You have posted more times in dog days boards then he does. And I never said those were my complaints or anybody else in here, that GregZor9 guy isn't in here. All this thread is about is the so far non existent underlying plot.
Sep 2, 2012 9:44 PM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah a lot of anime take something that should be small and make it big, I thought the same thing but who cares at least it was a underlying plot for the whole season, and was quite a nice story. With the second season we have really none, but the whole maou coming back and d’Arquien's brother. And there is a lot more clothes ripping and falling on guys this season.

d'Arquien's brother wasn't hyped to be a badguy AFAIK - I'll admit, when I first saw him, I thought it was gonna be someone from Earth that gets dragged into all this. I thought that might somehow be a plot point. I admit my hypocrisy on this.

IntroverTurtle said:

The Romance isn't a problem with me, I have watched a lot of harems that doesn't bother me. And Rebecca is the main character's childhood friend she usually has a step up on all the other girls. It's already been shown that both Rebecca and Milhi like Cinque and are ok with each other liking him since they gossip about him.

Maybe that's because that's what sells and that's what people want. I have only seen that happen once in SHUFFLE, I liked it but there are better romance anime.

Sure Rebecca had a leg up on Cinque because of all the years they were together on Earth, but I think we've hardly gotten much exploration of that on either season. Whereas Cinque's been at work in Flonyard for at least the entirety of Spring (or most of it). Becky has to work hard to get Cinque's attention, compared to, say, Milhi or Eclair.

IntroverTurtle said:
If anybody is suspicious of them then they should, there is a reason they were brought into the story, and that might be good or bad. Although nothing that sounds bad in this anime is ever bad, war=games death=getting turned into a kitty or having your clothes ripped depending on your gender.

To be honest, I felt those two were going to have a minor role when I saw the silhouettes (although I can't use an excuse like that when I just used the exact opposite for Isuka's preview). I was somewhat more or less right, but I think I get your point.

Also, I bitch about death and blood because I just have a heavily more innocent mind for my age. To me, the fanservice doesn't really stand out all that much - I see it as a clean, non-horrific way of announcing a KO.

IntroverTurtle said:
Apparently you have never watched Detective Conan, every bad guy in all 667 episodes looks like this and it is never going to change

And in anime with a lot of cliches it usually is the person with the dark shadow.

You've got me here. I haven't watched that series. In fact, I usually don't watch anime unless I'm SERIOUSLY, DEVILISHLY bored. In fact, my registration goes quite a bit back, but my not-posting was just because I didn't care (or didn't know about) the forums that this site had. I just saw the anime recording list and figured that this site would be useful for that, but kinda lost touch after a while (I'm a gamer, not an anime person).

IntroverTurtle said:
Do all your sentences end with something about society? keep it to the anime unless it's necessary

Sorry, I tend to get carried away with that. I just don't see my country doing a lot of stuff like this that can capture us English speaking nerds' attentions as much as stuff from Japan does. Perhaps it's a case of me wishing my own country could come up with something this badass that used techniques or styles from abroad. If the West does something, chances are it's in Western comic style, not Eastern.

Just once, I'd love an anime born in my own country to get the kind of popularity that Bleach/Naruto/Madoka does, and have debuted in ENGLISH FIRST rather than Japanese first. Wishful thinking, sure, but I have the right to dream.

IntroverTurtle said:
You have posted more times in dog days boards then he does. And I never said those were my complaints or anybody else in here, that GregZor9 guy isn't in here. All this thread is about is the so far non existent underlying plot.

I've posted ONLY in that board, AFAIHK. I didn't know this board had a forum when I first signed up, so I simply just used it (if only briefly) to record anime I had watched. Just so, y'know, I had something to show that I wasn't an anime newbie.

Maybe it's just because I'm gaming most times, or that I never really used to talk about anime much (due to being immature and new to the vast social mass of the internet - I've only been net-socializing since I turned 18, and I'm 24 now).

All the same, I apologize for dragging Greg into this where it didn't need to be. Just that some things I disagree with, and my words are merely that - words that say "I disagree" in a nutshell. I'm not going to come after GregZor with a knife/gun/some other weapon because he disagrees with me, nor will I you. Opinions are opinions - I just have a rather reckless way of expressing mine.
Sep 2, 2012 10:27 PM

Nov 2010
CujoFoxtar said:

d'Arquien's brother wasn't hyped to be a badguy AFAIK - I'll admit, when I first saw him, I thought it was gonna be someone from Earth that gets dragged into all this. I thought that might somehow be a plot point. I admit my hypocrisy on this.

He wasn't hyped up to be a bad guy but he is a new character, and proficient in the whole demon sealing business just like his sister and the maou and the girl with the maou. Which makes it sound like the new bad guy at the end could be a demon, but they haven't directly foreshadowed that at all.

CujoFoxtar said:

Sure Rebecca had a leg up on Cinque because of all the years they were together on Earth, but I think we've hardly gotten much exploration of that on either season. Whereas Cinque's been at work in Flonyard for at least the entirety of Spring (or most of it). Becky has to work hard to get Cinque's attention, compared to, say, Milhi or Eclair.

Yes we haven't explored that much but that doesn't mean that the history isn't there. And she only has to work harder because he is more interested in Milhi the new princess and he already knows Rebecca so much and because she works for a different princess so she is not around as much.

CujoFoxtar said:

To be honest, I felt those two were going to have a minor role when I saw the silhouettes (although I can't use an excuse like that when I just used the exact opposite for Isuka's preview). I was somewhat more or less right, but I think I get your point.

Also, I bitch about death and blood because I just have a heavily more innocent mind for my age. To me, the fanservice doesn't really stand out all that much - I see it as a clean, non-horrific way of announcing a KO.

The thing is they are also all connected, through demon sealing.

When they already have a way by turning people into a cat as a way of announcing a K.O., the only people who get their clothes ripped are girls.

CujoFoxtar said:

You've got me here. I haven't watched that series. In fact, I usually don't watch anime unless I'm SERIOUSLY, DEVILISHLY bored. In fact, my registration goes quite a bit back, but my not-posting was just because I didn't care (or didn't know about) the forums that this site had. I just saw the anime recording list and figured that this site would be useful for that, but kinda lost touch after a while (I'm a gamer, not an anime person).

Yeah well that's something to keep in mind then, a lot of cliches are kept in anime because they work.

CujoFoxtar said:

Sorry, I tend to get carried away with that. I just don't see my country doing a lot of stuff like this that can capture us English speaking nerds' attentions as much as stuff from Japan does. Perhaps it's a case of me wishing my own country could come up with something this badass that used techniques or styles from abroad. If the West does something, chances are it's in Western comic style, not Eastern.

Just once, I'd love an anime born in my own country to get the kind of popularity that Bleach/Naruto/Madoka does, and have debuted in ENGLISH FIRST rather than Japanese first. Wishful thinking, sure, but I have the right to dream.

Yes anime usually captures people more than Western media, because it shows you what people want to see. The last airbender is pretty popular in america and a lot of people mistake it as an anime. Don't expect any of the comic book characters to get an adult american cartoon adaptation.

Ok well you sent me a PM so I will respond to the rest through there.
Nov 7, 2015 6:34 AM

May 2014
something about dogs, and cats and squerls
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 7, 2015 6:36 AM

May 2014
There are also humans and lions
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
Nov 7, 2015 6:38 AM

May 2014
And demons
Nov 7, 2015 6:39 AM

May 2014
And gods
Nov 8, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2014
And ecchi moments

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 29, 2012

100 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.