MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mouryou no Hako Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mouryou no Hako »» Mouryou no Hako Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Mouryou no Hako Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

24 38.71%
4 out of 5: Liked it

21 33.87%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 24.19%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.61%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.61%
Voters: 62

10-14-08, 12:36 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, I just saw it subs.Basically everyone is concerned of Yuzuki's suicide and they learn that she survives. They wonder what caused it. The detective Kiba wants to know who should die before here since it was mentioned something can happen should Kanako die before a certain someone.

Yoriko is like freaked out most of the time, there is also another group with a person named Toriguchi who is driving the car along with a girl Chuzenji and another guy who I think might be responsible to investigate or has a key in the story since he was on the train with the guy and box. They get stopped by the police in front of the Yuzuki residence and there was a guy who I also do not know about.

Interesting enough there is reference to a monster called Toori-mono. Interesting folklore of a monster. Possessive monster that makes bad luck come. Sounds crazy!

Really interesting so far as they say they found body parts in boxes here and there BUT always in a box.

We know Amemiya Noritada is in fact the guardian but then it may mean Kanako's parents aren't around.

I really don't like Youko cause she seems suspicious too much. Like she planned something, especially when I see her at the end with that guy.

Modified by angel999, 10-20-08, 6:37 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.

10-18-08, 7:31 PM

angel999 said:

Yui is like freaked out most of the time and another group I do not know other than maybe one of them is Mr. Box. They get stopped by the police in front of the Yuzuki residence and there was a guy who I also do not know about.

in Kyogoku Natsuhiko's novel,there are prepense dislocations in narration,some cheats are also made on readers.the scenes of Kubo, the writer(a killer,but also a victim in deed) is the key to the whole story,but the scenes of Kubo's novel we see by now are all in Sekiguchi‘s deliria,he displaced the real persons' faces with the faces of himself and acquaintances.

and i was quite shocked when hearing this novel would be adapted into anime and aired.
after all,it is a transnatural story which contains incest,rebuilding of human's body,serial murders,abnormality in psycho ,and may make reader feel uncomfortable

there is also a film screened in 2007 ,though it dropped some parts of the novel,but can still offer a clear line of the story.
Modified by sunflex, 10-18-08, 7:38 PM

10-20-08, 1:00 PM

That was an interesting episode there. Thing seems to be scattered all over everywhere now. Maybe next episode we will get some clue to what exactly happened there.
sunflex said:
and i was quite shocked when hearing this novel would be adapted into anime and aired.
after all,it is a transnatural story which contains incest,rebuilding of human's body,serial murders,abnormality in psycho ,and may make reader feel uncomfortable.

I can see what you mean there after these 2 episodes and thx for that info.
"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie." - Lene Starfear

10-20-08, 6:47 PM

Odd second episode. Was kinda all over the place.

10-20-08, 9:33 PM

angel999 said:

Ok, I just saw it subs.Basically everyone is concerned of Yuzuki's suicide and they learn that she survives. They wonder what caused it. The detective Kiba wants to know who should die before here since it was mentioned something can happen should Kanako die before a certain someone.

We know Amemiya Noritada is in fact the guardian but then it may mean Kanako's parents aren't around.

I really don't like Youko cause she seems suspicious too much. Like she planned something, especially when I see her at the end with that guy.

10-21-08, 12:16 AM

i liked the atnosphere and the crazy narrative.

10-21-08, 12:17 AM

I'm still not sure what to make of this series.... I have a feeling that when I do it will already end...

10-21-08, 12:40 AM

myth720 said:
I'm still not sure what to make of this series.... I have a feeling that when I do it will already end...

Thats usually the case with things like this. :P

I'm really interested as to whats going on. I want the next episode!

Felli disapproves of this thread.

10-21-08, 7:34 AM

Another great episode - this time switching from entriguingly "weird" into a more investigation like mood. The sound and atmosphere was great - showering us with potential clues and loose ends, but still keeping focus on the main story - really well done imo. I really hope this keeps up, quality wise.

Other than the points mentioned in above posts, I found one particular thing interesting. Someone mentioned at one point, during the hospital scene, if we were sure that Yuzuki might not be the real Yuzuki! - Does that refer to the conversations between Yuzuki and the other girl (forgot her name) - and does that imply that the entire "you become me" thing is a "family tradition" ?

Anyways Yuzuki's entire family seems screwed up and probarbly have more secrets than they can hide away in their cellar - even though that mansion was huge.
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~

10-21-08, 9:45 AM

This series is great! You never know what you're supposed to think and what is the truth behind everything

10-21-08, 9:59 AM

so confusing...

10-21-08, 12:05 PM

Maybe Yuzuki found that her body was imperfect, cos she had a pimple so she switched bodies? k i joke

Just wondering did they fast foward the timeline in the episode?
or was it the new hospital Yuzuki was transferred to, at the end of the ep

10-21-08, 1:11 PM

Im watching this series with constant 'WTF?! is this about' in my mind.
Setting and narration are really awesome.
Modified by GuroFX, 10-21-08, 1:21 PM

10-21-08, 2:29 PM

i like that its confusing. =D

its nice to see an anime that takes risks.

10-21-08, 10:53 PM

just watched episode 2, dont really like this anime so far

10-22-08, 12:09 AM

I am soooooooooooo confused.
lol, I'm enjoying it :3

10-22-08, 6:08 AM

M_A said:
i like that its confusing. =D

its nice to see an anime that takes risks.

Confusing is GOOD =)

I'm liking this series a LOT! ^^

10-22-08, 1:14 PM

yeah i like this show, even if it's confusing

10-22-08, 1:54 PM

Honestly, this show is absolutely phenomenal. I mean, everything in it feels more like a very good movie than a series, the music is fantastic, the direction (timing, pace, camera work etc...) is top-notch, the animation is above anything that I've seen this year, and the story seems so much like an old Japanese movie that it's really confusing. All the first part of the episode unfolds in a closed space with a lot of very well written dialogues and characters interaction, a lot of secrets and fights for power and influence, everything set in a little rural area by night in 1953 (hmmm I see similarities to Higurashi also, since there will probably be some horror in Mouryou no Hako in the next episodes).

The second part is a classic road movie mixed with a lot of information and background development, and is exceptionally well directed too... All the characters are important and there's no clear hero, no clear plot line for now, except that we know the main script will deal with a girl head in a box, probably that of Yuzuki. Oh, and the distortions in time are quite interesting too and really serve the plot, contrary to Baccano! for example. I'm absolutely thrilled by this anime and can't wait for the next episode...

Oh and please sunflex, put a spoiler box next time you want to speak about the novel, I don't really want to know the end yet ;)
Modified by Jacut, 10-22-08, 1:58 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

10-22-08, 2:57 PM

Sooo confusing. Last few minutes of the episode got me thinking to much.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices