Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 19, 2012 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
love it was a bit Drama heavy in the start wasn't ready for more after yesterday's kokoro connect lol but i lost it when she said Lost Love! and Wein's emergency plan just give this man his own arc already!
Aug 19, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2011
Going to watch now the subbed version . Didn't understand anything watching it raw lol
Aug 19, 2012 7:32 PM

Nov 2011
To Sawa:

Jackie Chan said:
When life knocks you down, you can choose to get back up.

Stark700Aug 19, 2012 7:39 PM
Aug 19, 2012 9:19 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode.Sawa's dad just made me smile like crazy.After all he's a father who loves his daughter :D
Wien is just too hilarious XD:
''Someday the light of hope will shine.WHY?! BECAUSE YOU'RE A HERO!'' - lmaoo
Pressing emergency button was great too xD.

5/5 one of best episodes, if not best.
Aug 19, 2012 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Blackbird said:
She mosly fall down becuase of trying to lose weight.

Elite60 said:
Sawa literally got right back on the horse after being knocked off.

Can someone tell me why they have a weight limit for the horse archer?

The vice president (music teacher) seem to be worry about Wakana future thought and that's remind her of Wakana mother.
Sawa recovering in this episode, well I can guess they did well at the stage . :D

There are a weigh and height limits for jockeys. Very strict ones(cause it could affect the speed on derby). And Sawa wants to be one. There are some for horse archers too but not so strict.
Nachtwandler_21Aug 19, 2012 9:32 PM
Aug 19, 2012 9:33 PM
May 2011
Blackbird said:

Elite60 said:

The vice president (music teacher) seem to be worry about Wakana future thought and that's remind her of Wakana mother.
Sawa recovering in this episode, well I can guess they did well at the stage . :D

coz it's race horse jockey, the horse will run faster if the jockey is less heavy...
Aug 19, 2012 9:34 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect her recovery would be this fast.

Also, I didn't expect Wien's house to be that big! Unfortunately, the piano is not working.

And they will finally get to sing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 9:45 PM

Sep 2011
Finally get to sing, but the preview doesn't show any of it?
Aug 19, 2012 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
Probably the best episode yet. I actually got pretty emotional during the phone call.
Aug 19, 2012 10:15 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
with cheering moves? Looks like it and what are those things on the person’s head? Konatsu looks to be full of energy so I hope it means they win. That being said, another good episode and next episode COMPETITION TIME BABY! YEAH!

I'm pretty sure those are some sort of "power ranger" thing on Wien's head?
Yumekichi11 said:
BTW Custom Art for all in the spoiler
of Sawa and Konatsu! Really nice!

Nice, but a little bit too eechi for the series!

sikandsak said:
BTW, Wein's house is so epic and huge. The size of Piano's room is very large as well, so his parents must have been very rich before they moved away. Now I wonder why he had to moved back ...

He said that the house used to be his grandfather's, but his grandfather gave it to the company and his family is renting it because they had to move back to Japan suddenly. I don't know that they are necessarily that rich, but obviously his grandfather was, so they are probably well off. However, his parents do not own that house...

sikandsak said:
However, based on [Doki] subs, during the conversation between Sawa and Wakana, it seems like Wakana said that she would be happily drop the music if her mother is still alive, but now she can't because her mother isn't here anymore. I don't understand her intention on that. Am I missing something here?

She didn't say that she would gladly drop music if her mother was still alive, she said that she would gladly drop music if she could see her mother one more time. It is a fairly common sentiment when you have lost someone you love, to be willing to give up something important to you if you could only have more time with that person...
-MgZ_ said:
Best episode so far?

Nice ep. My heart was touched when Sawa's father is fighting the horse archery school!

Seriously, Wien, too hilarous. His song and "If this isn't an emergency, what is?" I died loling.

I agree, Wakana is the MVP of this episode. Wakana ftw!

Blackbird said:

Elite60 said:

Didn't we go through this last week! She doesn't want to become a professional horse archer! She wants to become a JOCKEY

I explained a lot of this in last weeks thread here.

But, to help clear things up more, remember this scene from the badminton tournament?

That was when Sawa told Taichi about her dream of becoming a jockey and racing horses professionally. Then there is this:

That isn't an archer on the envelope that she got that told her about the weight requirements!

So, for future episodes, can we please stop having questions about horse archery? (Sorry, but I just don't understand how people miss that she wants to be a jockey, not a horse archer. I doubt that there even is such a thing as professional horse archery!

Tyrel said:
Finally get to sing, but the preview doesn't show any of it?

I doubt that we will see that audition. They will save it for the performance.

Looks like next week we get to the Wien arc!
Aug 19, 2012 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
zensunni said:
sikandsak said:
BTW, Wein's house is so epic and huge. The size of Piano's room is very large as well, so his parents must have been very rich before they moved away. Now I wonder why he had to moved back ...

He said that the house used to be his grandfather's, but his grandfather gave it to the company and his family is renting it because they had to move back to Japan suddenly. I don't know that they are necessarily that rich, but obviously his grandfather was, so they are probably well off. However, his parents do not own that house...
Whoops, you caught me on that. Yes, I can recalled now that they said they their parents didn't own the house. Still, I wonder (a) Why they move to Vienna (b) Why they had to move back so suddenly.

I guessed I'd have all of those answers in Wien's arc, but I just want to shout it out loud.

zensunni said:
sikandsak said:
However, based on [Doki] subs, during the conversation between Sawa and Wakana, it seems like Wakana said that she would be happily drop the music if her mother is still alive, but now she can't because her mother isn't here anymore. I don't understand her intention on that. Am I missing something here?

She didn't say that she would gladly drop music if her mother was still alive, she said that she would gladly drop music if she could see her mother one more time. It is a fairly common sentiment when you have lost someone you love, to be willing to give up something important to you if you could only have more time with that person...
Wow, thanks for this explanation. Now I'm feeling like a douche, because when I read the script the first time, what you said is literally what she meant.

Doki said:
Sawa...
Yeah. I'm glad I could go back to music.
I made a promise to write a song with my mother.
I'm still connected to her through music.
But if I had the chance to see her one more time,
I'd happily give up music.
But I'll never have that chance.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 19, 2012 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
Sorry guys, I was planned not to posted any screengrab anymore to not annoy you guys, but I can't ... It just too damn good.

-----

Oh, since no one mention this yet:

LMAO at Wakana. Yeah, I guess you're worse at this than a cat. :P

However, your interruption plan by keep calling the vice principal's cell phone is too damn good, so I forgive you.

-----

Love how clueless they were regarding Sawa's problem, hahaha.

-----

*Poke Poke*

-----

Group photo.

-----

Random Konatsu shots - because she's still kawaii <3

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 20, 2012 1:18 AM

Mar 2011
Wien is so hilarious, that song >.<
Glad Sawa was able to overcome the problem and her father is sure not able to express his feeling
Wakana really grow in me more and more from each episode
Great episode
Aug 20, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
ah excellent XD Sawa is fine again :D
Now we can have a chill out episode with singing:D
Probably Konatsu's arc next time...I'm not so sure that they can cover all five of them in 13 episodes :/
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Aug 20, 2012 1:54 AM

May 2010
Wakana with that stall tech haha, Sawa finally snap out of it about time and yup parents do care. Ride like the wind Bulleye!!!
Aug 20, 2012 2:28 AM
Oct 2010
The horse tethered beside the bikes really killed me XD

... Seems like the guys are really just support instead of MCs by themselves, I can't see them getting an arc for themselves.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 20, 2012 2:41 AM

May 2012
Man that bit with her dad calling the school up got to me, couldn't help but let out a few tears
Aug 20, 2012 3:42 AM
May 2009
tears. again. that is all.
Aug 20, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2010
Another epic episode.... Wakana is awesome in this episode....

Glad to see Sawa recovered.
Aug 20, 2012 3:43 AM
Jul 2009
RinM said:
Probably Konatsu's arc next time...I'm not so sure that they can cover all five of them in 13 episodes :/

Konatsu's arc were the first 3 episodes though. I don't think she needs more individual development now. She doesn't seem to have any personal problems either.

I think now is time for the boys to get some attention. There's already some foreshadowing regarding Wien, for instance. The next few episodes will probably focus on him.

The final episodes will probably have the whole choir club singing Wakana's song, which will be the central piece for the climax of the series.
Aug 20, 2012 4:24 AM

Jan 2011
Why are there male characters in this show at all? Cose they need male voices for the singing? Im starting to really hate how even random girls boss them around and how they never hold the initiative. Score down to 7/10. Sadly this anime is turning to a soup opera, literally :(
AlexGKAug 20, 2012 4:28 AM
Aug 20, 2012 4:59 AM

Jul 2011
Damn right!

Show that evil vice-pres what you can really do <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 20, 2012 5:00 AM

Feb 2012
Come on, why didn't they show us the the audition?!

There were some funny moments (especially at the end with Wien and Konatsu), a whole lot of drama that I liked, the vice prinicpal is still a bitch and looks like Wiens gets finally some development.
Aug 20, 2012 5:04 AM
Dec 2008
Indeed, the male cast continues to get shafted. It's like they don't know what to do with them. Remove them from the show and things is still pretty much the same, plot wise. Why bother making them main characters when you're just gonna keep them on the side-lines?

I really hope this build up on Wien will lead to something.
Aug 20, 2012 6:35 AM

Dec 2009
They should've had the audition instead of the ending <_<''

It seems Wien might get some time in the spotlight next episode, luckily.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 20, 2012 6:59 AM
Aug 2011
Some nice lines in this one.

If we had 100 people in the choir, that'd be like losing 20 of them.

If this isn't an emergency, what is.

Bitch please. Don't mess with me. I'll cast you into the fires of hell. (Couldn't resist the "Bitch please")

5/5 - But! Where's my weekly Sawa fanservice?
Aug 20, 2012 9:11 AM

May 2011
The guys are hilarious. Singing scales in the background while all the drama is going down. Nice arc so far.
Aug 20, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2011
Nice episode. Good to know that sawas dad is caring for his daughter.
Wakana calling out the vice-principal was hilarious :D
Aug 20, 2012 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
Someone ridding a horse down the street isn't something you see everyday and it was pretty interesting seeing the reactions of everyone that saw it.
I wonder how the rest of the group would react when the learn that Sawa came racing on her horse.
Guess she cares for her friends allot.

Guess the vice principal had a mother like daughter moment when Wakana told her idea about music to her she even had a flashback.
Wakana is allot like her mother after all and in a way it does seem like she gets special treatment from the vice principal because of that.
And it seemed like Wakana's mother and the vice principal had a good relationship with each other.
Aug 20, 2012 10:32 AM
Feb 2009
Sawa <3 My love for her grows more and more~
I got tears on my eyes when I watch Sawa's father calling the school and everyone sang for her.
Well, in reality, sometimes we are forced to give up on my dream, but if we keep on going, who knows that we'll get it someday, right? :'D
Aug 20, 2012 10:43 AM
Aug 2012
Nice ep!! Good to see Sawa's dad calling the horse ridding thingy and gave his all to let Sawa get through~~ :3
Aug 20, 2012 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
Aug 20, 2012 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
singing into her phone was really lame, and pretty much this whole arc. meh.
Aug 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
mystik said:
Must ... resist ... and ... not ... respond ... oh ... god ...

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 20, 2012 12:21 PM

Jul 2011
nice ep! Sawa is pretty awesome. funny when she used her horse to get to school quick. I still like Wakana more though. and lol, Konatsu and Wien was hilarious.
Aug 20, 2012 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
Oh Sawa's dad is just awesome once he said "You're dealing with a monk here! I'll send you straight to hell! Bam!" You don't see a parent say something like that to a school lol.

Sawa did act like a bit of a jerk her dad was only thinking realistically and wanting the best for Sawa. She ended up in hospital for not listening to her dad. Seriously anime seems to always make it out as if the parents are somewhat the bad guy.
Aug 20, 2012 1:01 PM

Aug 2011
Kawaii7878 said:
GAHHH!!! every time I see wakana's face it reminds me of a lost puppy ._.

LOL!!
Aug 20, 2012 1:05 PM

May 2008
Will they ever sing in this properly, seriously? >_<
Aug 20, 2012 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely the best episode yet.

Marow said:
They should've had the audition instead of the ending <_<''

IKR.

At first I hated Sawa's dad. But after this episode, I declare him as awesome father. :D

LEGOF said:
The guys are hilarious. Singing scales in the background while all the drama is going down. Nice arc so far.

omg yes! I was trying to do the vocal warmups too but the guys were too out of key for me to copy. XD
Aug 20, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
sikandsak said:
mystik said:
Must ... resist ... and ... not ... respond ... oh ... god ...

LOL!! x'D
Aug 20, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2009
I feel sorry for Sawa..even though she's a great horse rider and very passionate, she can't get into the school just because she's a little tall. It sounds no better than trying to become a model.. I don't even see what height would have to do with being a rider.
Aug 20, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
In the end Sawa's father still agreed and even tried to get her into the school, in his own way. "You're dealing with a monk here!" :)

So cool to watch Sawa ride to school by horseback. She even leashed the horse in the bike rack. Wien wanted to push the emergency button and Wakana called the vice-principal, twice! xD

I love this show. Everybody has his/her own problems, but they stick together till the end.

Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM

Jun 2012
This series is one of the most well written slice of life I've seen. All those family moments and comedy blend so well with the drama. And I like how they do a realistic depiction of "dreams" and how not all come true.
Aug 20, 2012 2:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
meepsheep said:

At first I hated Sawa's dad. But after this episode, I declare him as awesome father. :D
A parent's fundamental problem is how to balance realistic expectations based on personal experience with the need to nurture a child's dreams. Since there is no "owner's manual", most of us (myself included) have considerable difficulty striking the right balance, and often even when we do get it right, we don't communicate it very well.

A kid's fundamental problem is is accepting that his or her parents have "been there, done that" and actually know something of what they are talking about. ;)
Aug 20, 2012 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
Konatsu & Co's performance (and encouragement) by phone was a rather moving scene, and it certainly made the highlight of this episode.
Aug 20, 2012 8:34 PM

May 2008
WIEN PRESS THAT BUTTON ! :D Konatsu really makes the whole situation so much more adorable

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 20, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
"You're dealing with a monk here! I'll send you straight to hell! Bam!"
LOL. Oh what a funny dad.

Glad Sawa is back. I wonder what she'll do after graduating -- looks like we'll never know. I get the feeling she might postpone her dream. It is the 'smart' thing to do. But then again, Phelps probably wouldn't be making millions if he had went to college.
KurogashiAug 20, 2012 8:44 PM
Aug 20, 2012 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
It was good!
Aug 21, 2012 1:30 AM

Feb 2012
Good...they concluded the drama in 2 eps. If not, it's like it's just dragging on.
Aug 21, 2012 2:02 AM

Nov 2010
Sawa's father care feature cuts 2 sides, one crushing her daughters dreams then trying to support her by raging at the Horse school which was hilarious with the Deidera's Katsu impression
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

124 by Allycattt »»
Feb 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

115 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.