Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 20, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
_Saburo_ said:
Good episode, but it's so predictable. The top 10 Nen users from the 10 dons (Shadow Beasts), and how three of them all died with surprise and so easily. Then, Kurapika's chains hurt the Phantom Troupe member so much. However, things are moving along at a good pace. 3/5

Kurapika is strong against the Spiders because he made a Nen oath with himself to only use his powers against the Spiders otherwise he'll die! He says so himself :p
Aug 21, 2012 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
So gory! D; It honestly scared me. I hope they cut down on the gore in future episodes.

But maaan, Kurapika is a beast <3
Aug 21, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
^wow, it's sorta neat to hear that xD lots of people wanted the opposite (I don't particularly care either way)
Aug 21, 2012 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
As long as i get to see the beginning of the Ant arc animated, i will have no qualms with the episodes.
Aug 21, 2012 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
So gory! D; It honestly scared me. I hope they cut down on the gore in future episodes.

But maaan, Kurapika is a beast <3

Don't worry, the Chimera ant arc is sweet and innocent :) you'll love it
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 12:47 AM

May 2011
There was enough blood. Madhouse did their best, considering this is A MORNING SHOW. Don't forget that.
Aug 22, 2012 6:06 AM

Mar 2012
Viralz said:
^
do u really think that's enough for cutting a whole head!!!
see this

Black blood, this is a manga, and blood is always black so it doesn't really matter as much as anime's actual red blood-like blood
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome episode, I love this bloody episode!
can't wait for

but isn't there something wrong in this episode? Why is that Worm from Shadow Beast still alive after Big Bang Impact? He can even call for another member. Well, just a little detail but it still bugging me..
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Aug 22, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Viralz said:
^
do u really think that's enough for cutting a whole head!!!
see this

just thank God this scene was not censored
for me I think it's perfect
Aug 22, 2012 7:54 AM
Aug 2012
kuruta_tribe said:

but isn't there something wrong in this episode? Why is that Worm from Shadow Beast still alive after Big Bang Impact? He can even call for another member. Well, just a little detail but it still bugging me..

Worm was also alive in the manga. If you look closely at the corresponding panel, you can actually see that he's calling someone.
Aug 22, 2012 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
kuruta_tribe said:
Awesome episode, I love this bloody episode!
can't wait for

It's weird to me too, I had to check the manga and he was there as well lol, would've preferred it if he'd just became pieces :P
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
Haha, terrific episode.

Is it just me or does the soundtrack just sound too death note-y. I know this is Mad House with Hirano's amazing conducting skills, but all I see when I hear it is Kira laughing like a maniac. Probably shouldn't let it bother me.

In any case, to be honest they handled this part of the series a whole lot better than 1999 version (which I enjoyed very much). Anyone interested in going back and watching that episode just for comparison's sake, it's episode 53. Like I was saying, everything was a lot more epic than the original series. In my opinion, the direction is way better. Just seeing Uvo chew that guys head off in a split second, that's what catches you off guard and you're like "OMFG!!" It was slower and not as impressive in the original and it gave it a kind of dull impression, but it depends on a director's perception.

And the voice acting. Don't know if anyone noticed Blackbeard from One Piece as Uvogin. Or fucking Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light) as Chrollo. Epic win on both parts.

Anyways. Loving this arc right now, which is awesome because I know the next arc is going to be fucking Masterly!!
ZorociaAug 22, 2012 9:05 AM
Aug 22, 2012 9:20 AM
Oct 2011
Zorocia said:
Haha, terrific episode.

Is it just me or does the soundtrack just sound too death note-y. I know this is Mad House with Hirano's amazing conducting skills, but all I see when I hear it is Kira laughing like a maniac. Probably shouldn't let it bother me.

In any case, to be honest they handled this part of the series a whole lot better than 1999 version (which I enjoyed very much). Anyone interested in going back and watching that episode just for comparison's sake, it's episode 53. Like I was saying, everything was a lot more epic than the original series. In my opinion, the direction is way better. Just seeing Uvo chew that guys head off in a split second, that's what catches you off guard and you're like "OMFG!!" It was slower and not as impressive in the original and it gave it a kind of dull impression, but it depends on a director's perception.

And the voice acting. Don't know if anyone noticed Blackbeard from One Piece as Uvogin. Or fucking Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light) as Chrollo. Epic win on both parts.

Anyways. Loving this arc right now, which is awesome because I know the next arc is going to be fucking Masterly!!
I think the voice acting is the best part in the new series. Ootsuka Akio (Rider, BlackBeard) is doing a really great job, only his voice-acting is making his parts way better than the old version. I watched the part where the Ryodan were introduced in the old version and compared it with the new version, the difference is really huge. It's episode 51, 8:40.
Aug 22, 2012 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
Damn those Shadow Beasts was weak.
All that hype for just that :P

Aug 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2011
Watch 1999 they said, it's violent they said

5/5 awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 2:53 PM

Jun 2011
Uvogin totally destroyed the Shadow Beasts... they were cool and all, but not good enough to beat Uvo XD
Goku's powerlevel/5

Aug 22, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
Des said:

They weren't weak. They had the advantage when Uvo was tranquilized. They got cocky and underestimated the situation. =[]
Aug 22, 2012 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
noonealive said:
Des said:

They weren't weak. They had the advantage when Uvo was tranquilized. They got cocky and underestimated the situation. =[]

He was cocky too so if everyone was serious, they still wouldn't have had an upper hand :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 5:03 PM
Aug 2012
The best episode so far. The animation ws great, the fight was great and the soundtrack was great.

I was afraid it would get low violence level because its displayed in the morning for 13+ children. Thank goodness it didn't.
Aug 22, 2012 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
x5exotic said:
noonealive said:
Des said:

He was cocky too so if everyone was serious, they still wouldn't have had an upper hand :P

Yeah that cockiness almost lead to his demise, hence why the shadow beast had the advantage.....Than shadow beast got cocky...than they became fodder.. =[]
Aug 23, 2012 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Wow the next's ep gonna be awesome
I wonder if Leorio will ever be badass (battle-wise)
Aug 23, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
Veradux said:
kuruta_tribe said:

Worm was also alive in the manga. If you look closely at the corresponding panel, you can actually see that he's calling someone.

I know that, I don't know what Togashi think, but it's still weird for me. Well, just forget it because nothing important from this :-P
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Aug 24, 2012 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
Absolutely fantastic, this episode could not have been better. Time to upgrade my rating from 8 to 9/10 I think.
Aug 25, 2012 11:39 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah the series looks so promising can't wait to watch it develop
Aug 26, 2012 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
WTF? No new episode today?
Aug 26, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2012
^haha you didn't know?
Aug 26, 2012 10:47 PM

Sep 2011
I had my reservations about this remake at first, but damn its getting so much better. If they keep going as they are with the York arc, minimal censorship, its going to surpass the old anime in my opinion. I just sincerely hope they don't drop it after Greed Island and keep going till the current hiatus on the manga.

This is one of the few remakes that is actually very very good, I thought it would turn out to be another FMA: Brotherhood. Which was superficially better but lacked proper character development, mood and setting. Great job Madhouse this is how remakes should be made.

5/5 Uvogin face bite was as epic as ever.

Edit: Props to Madhouse for getting "Blackbeard's " (One Piece) voice actor to play Uvogin. I love that guy's voice acting he's one of the best.
FullmetalRaikouAug 27, 2012 9:09 AM
Aug 27, 2012 2:15 PM

Jan 2012
RedLikeMyRage said:
I had my reservations about this remake at first, but damn its getting so much better. If they keep going as they are with the York arc, minimal censorship, its going to surpass the old anime in my opinion. I just sincerely hope they don't drop it after Greed Island and keep going till the current hiatus on the manga.

This is one of the few remakes that is actually very very good, I thought it would turn out to be another FMA: Brotherhood. Which was superficially better but lacked proper character development, mood and setting. Great job Madhouse this is how remakes should be made.

5/5 Uvogin face bite was as epic as ever.

Edit: Props to Madhouse for getting "Blackbeard's " (One Piece) voice actor to play Uvogin. I love that guy's voice acting he's one of the best.

Well theres no doubt the this remake is gonna go passed GI...The ratings have been steadily going back up since the olympics. It was top ten in the previous episode...It should only go higher from here on out...=[]
Aug 27, 2012 3:26 PM
Oct 2011
RedLikeMyRage said:
I did a little comparison between both Uvo's new and old VA, they're seriously incomparable, well for me at least, Chrollo's VA (Mamoru) is also better than the old one. Here's the Ryodan's first gathering in the 2 versions (notice Uvo's and Chrollo's VAs' performance at the same point in both versions):

1999: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lQae9gBjc&feature=player_detailpage#t=520s

2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZF_KWuy1n0&feature=player_detailpage#t=371s

noonealive said:
Well theres no doubt the this remake is gonna go passed GI...The ratings have been steadily going back up since the olympics. It was top ten in the previous episode...It should only go higher from here on out...=[]
It's not the first time, I remember HxH being in that chart a couple of times already, so going past GI is a pretty reasonable guess.
Candor123Aug 27, 2012 3:41 PM
Aug 27, 2012 10:06 PM
Jun 2012
Candor said:
RedLikeMyRage said:
I did a little comparison between both Uvo's new and old VA, they're seriously incomparable, well for me at least, Chrollo's VA (Mamoru) is also better than the old one. Here's the Ryodan's first gathering in the 2 versions (notice Uvo's and Chrollo's VAs' performance at the same point in both versions):

1999: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lQae9gBjc&feature=player_detailpage#t=520s

2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZF_KWuy1n0&feature=player_detailpage#t=371s [/quote end]

I did the same thing the moment that episode came out and I came to the same conclusion. Shoot, when compared side to side, I think the 2011 version handled Uvo's anticipation MUCH more easily then the 1999 version did. Uvo's new VA definitely has a better feel for the character and has an easier time making his voice sound more beast-like.

When I was watching the 1999 version for the first time, I distinctly remember having to rewind certain parts because I was unsure of whether Chrollo or Uvo was speaking O_o Watching this scene more recently made me realize that Uvo's old VA wasn't able to control his voice well-enough to produce a gruff sound consistently.

Anyway, can't wait for the episodes to come, especially since the production values seem to be placed on a higher bar lately x)
Aug 28, 2012 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
Candor said:
I did a little comparison between both Uvo's new and old VA, they're seriously incomparable, well for me at least, Chrollo's VA (Mamoru) is also better than the old one.

While I agree with you about Uvo, I'm not so sure yet about Chrollo. Miyano just comes to me as hyper, while Nagano's voice has that calm feel to it. Although ofc it's too early to write Miyano off just yet; I'll have to hear more of him first in the future eps.

Overall, I prefer the 2011 voice acting; best VA for Uvo, most improved (compared to 99) is Hisoka. Takahashi's voice was just f***ing annoying for me; he's suited best for badasses (Ryu, Harima, Squalo). Worst was Shal, but it's not even as bad as 99's Feitan; I got used to it quickly.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Aug 28, 2012 9:35 AM
Mar 2012
Uvo sounds livelier in the new version and chrollo is more intimidating
Aug 28, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah the MH version seem like it had a better flow to it..The 1999 lacked in certain areas.
Aug 31, 2012 3:18 PM

Mar 2009
All caught up finally! I forgot to comment on this episode. Not like I have much to add, though.

Absolutely brutal episode. Of course, I had to lol at Uvogin being lifted into the air seemingly out of nowhere. There was just something unintentionally hilarious about that. XD

Too bad there wasn't a new episode last weekend, but fortunately for us, it's back tomorrow!

Out of all the shows I'm currently watching I'd say this and Space Bros. are what I look forward to every weekend. Fall is going to be even better for fans of quality shonen. Jojo and HxH airing at the same time?! Fuck yeah!
Aug 31, 2012 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
Episode 45 premiering on the same day in the HxH Sept universe Sept 1st! Cmon already GAHHHH
Aug 31, 2012 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
I really like uvogin seiyuu.

Can't wait for tomorrow... Uvo vs Kurapika. It'll be cool!
Sep 1, 2012 7:04 AM

Dec 2009
The part of the series I hate the most is coming up
Sep 1, 2012 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
^ I didn't think it was too obnoxious.
Sep 1, 2012 7:53 AM

Oct 2011
lilpudntatr said:
The part of the series I hate the most is coming up

Sep 1, 2012 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
meshimoon said:
^ I didn't think it was too obnoxious.

x5exotic said:
Sep 1, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
^ not sure kurapika will grow on you even with what comes up later, because my level of liking for him hasn't really changed from when I read the YS arc.
Sep 1, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2009
Well I think I'll go watch the ova's and see if I start to like him more. If not I'll at least get to see more of Gon and Killua.
Sep 14, 2012 5:53 AM

Dec 2007
Uvogin was so epic in this episode !

This episode is the episode 53 of the old version
HaroutSep 14, 2012 5:58 AM
Dec 17, 2012 12:08 AM

Jun 2009
Oh, wow. Did Uvo eat Leech's face in the first adaptation? I really don't remember that. Anyway, this was sweet. I remember now why Kurapika is my favorite of the MC's, he's basically a compelling version of Sasuke from Naruto. And, yes, I realize Kurapika came first.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 29, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2008
The show really turned up the gore in the past few episodes.

Can't help but think of Rider whenever Uvogin speaks.
Jun 9, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Kurapika ...watch the road lmao. Excellent episode again. Those chains and resolve proves why he hates those bastards so much.
Jul 3, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, the fight with the shadow beasts was awesome, even more disgusting than in the old version :P awesome episode. What would happen to Kurapika if Uvo was a fake member?
Jul 21, 2013 11:40 AM
Jan 2013
Beast

Aug 1, 2013 5:25 AM

May 2013
For those who think that the 2011 version of HxH is too childish,not violent and censored...just watch this episode! Good job,Madhouse!
Aug 1, 2013 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
nanny96 said:
For those who think that the 2011 version of HxH is too childish,not violent and censored...just watch this episode! Good job,Madhouse!

I wasn't bothered about the censorship and what not before, but this and the last episode caught me off guard completely. Completely loving this direction of "mild violence, mild violence, mild violence, mild viol-GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE."

Kurapika was reckless at first but it looks like his planned has worked. I wonder what he plans to do though, since they're being traced and I don't really know how he's going to pump info out of this big guy.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - 7 hours ago

21 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.