Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2013
Overrated : Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece
Underrated : Noragami, Blood Lad, Once Again
May 8, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Underrated: None.

Overrated: None.

True. Rating is generally always based on opinion and not done objectively. People can feel differently for the same series.
May 8, 2014 6:25 PM
Mar 2011
ay around 60% of all Manga the db i underrated there is over 200 manga with under 1o llsted members there is over 1000* with under 200 listed members

* 1521 to be precise that is not incudng hentai manga
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 8, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated: Berserk, One Piece, Chikan Otoko (only because it's rated higher than OMK), Shingeki no Kyojin, The Breaker.

Underraed: Sakuranbo Syndrome
May 8, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2013
Overrated: KHR, Bleach and Naruto

Underrated: Noragami, Noblesse.

My opinion of course. ^^
May 8, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
Anorexia: Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou is underrated

I'm not going to pretend that it's amazing, or even that good, but it's a fun series. Less than 7 rating is way too sad.

tsudecimo said:
Chikan Otoko (only because it's rated higher than OMK)

Underraed: Sakuranbo Syndrome

So much agree I found OMK to be vastly superior
May 8, 2014 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
ohtojoi said:
Overrated : Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece
Underrated : Noragami, Blood Lad, Once Again
Lots focus on overrated/underrated (relative to MAL ranking) and not on over-exposed/under-exposed please.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
orithyea said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is overrated as fuck
I agree, although I won't deny that it was enjoyable. I gave it a 7.
Yep, it wasn't bad but it could be better developed and with a better art, people give the "feels factor" too much credit

Same, 7/10 score. it was really nice and has some great twists, but overall it didn't impress me too much.
May 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
Well I just finished reading No.6 and to be honest it's kind of overrated. For a Josei type novel, I thought it would be much better, but some of the writing was mediocre. It was a solid 6/10 IMO, but that 8+ rating is inflated.
May 10, 2014 12:15 AM
Oct 2013
Overrated:

Bleach (It lacks the dialogue and becomes boring.)

Fairy Tail (Even though it is generally good there is many pieces that can surpass it.)

Underrated

Assassination Classroom (Even though the plot is so simple, it always amazes me somehow.)
May 15, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
Nisekoi is overrated as fuck. 121 chapters and at least 60-80 chapters are full blown filler.
May 15, 2014 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
kuzeybaykal said:
Overrated:

Bleach (It lacks the dialogue and becomes boring.)

Fairy Tail (Even though it is generally good there is many pieces that can surpass it.)

Underrated

Assassination Classroom (Even though the plot is so simple, it always amazes me somehow.)
Zetto92 said:

My opinion of course. ^^
It amazes me that you are saying two manga/manhwa that are rated in the top100 (top 0.3 percentile) of MAL database are underrated, seeing that there are more than 29000 manga titles in the manga database in total.

Again, like I said countless times in this thread, please talk about overrated/underrated relative to MAL's ranking, and not over-/under-exposure, please.

Once upon a time, I made a sister thread to this one on the discussion of over-/under-exposure.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702873

Use it if you want.
bunny1ov3rMay 15, 2014 5:23 PM

痛就是爱
May 15, 2014 6:36 PM

Feb 2011
overrated: death note
too much hype, first part is good but Im not sure I would even place it in my top 100.

underrated: Threads of Time and A Spirit of the Sun
Munch munch, chomp chomp, gobble gobble, gulp.
May 26, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
Psycome need more love.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 26, 2014 5:33 PM

Dec 2013
LAOG said:
Nisekoi is overrated as fuck. 121 chapters and at least 60-80 chapters are full blown filler.

That shit deserves the guillotine, i hate that the author is trying to extend it with fillers

-Air Gear is underrated
-Sora no Otoshimono maybe underrated...? It is not ranked low, but it is the funniest manga i've ever read
-Tower of god is underrated, it doesn't even have a ranking =P
May 26, 2014 9:39 PM

Apr 2013
I dunno why people here rated Stone Ocean higher than Vento Aureo
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
May 26, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
ButNotForMe said:
honestly I have never heard of neither one...

痛就是爱
May 26, 2014 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
Pain_is_love said:
ButNotForMe said:
Stone Ocean is Jojo part 6 and Vento Aureo is part 5.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 27, 2014 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
Pain_is_love said:
ButNotForMe said:

SO=Jojo part 6
VA=Jojo part 5
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
May 29, 2014 5:57 AM

Mar 2012
I hope after summer end Blade Dance LN will get more love.
May 29, 2014 6:25 AM

Jun 2009
Pain_is_love said:
ButNotForMe said:

They are both parts of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Vento Aureo being the 5th and Stone Ocean being the 6th.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 29, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
ButNotForMe said:
Pain_is_love said:
ButNotForMe said:

SO=Jojo part 6
VA=Jojo part 5
I see.

痛就是爱
May 31, 2014 6:19 AM
Nov 2010
Overrated: One Piece, FMA;B to an extent based on what your OP says and of course Mushishi.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
May 31, 2014 11:58 PM

Sep 2011
Zetto92 said:

Nobblesse underrated? Ok...
Jun 1, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
Saiteihen no Otoko (#6709)

This one is severely underrated, because only 4 chapters out of 14 are translated in English. I've read the complete Chinese translation and it definitely deserves a higher ranking.

Mx0 (#480)

As much as I liked it all those years ago reading it, it is overrated. Everything is amazing... if the author had bothered to finish the plot. The story feels like half-done more than anything, and everything is left open and the ending is rushed. For a person who values completedness like me, this is the worst thing that could happen.
bunny1ov3rJun 1, 2014 1:03 AM

痛就是爱
Jun 5, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
Underrated
Samurai Deeper Kyo (Manga )
Until Death Do Us Apart
Manhwas
Btoom
Beck
Wolf Guy

Overrated
Majority of all Shonen Jump mangas

You can be the king but watch the queen conquer

Jun 5, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
milkchoco said:
Underrated
Samurai Deeper Kyo (Manga )
Until Death Do Us Apart
Manhwas
Btoom
Beck
Wolf Guy

Overrated
Majority of all Shonen Jump mangas
Please... Please read earlier posts and discussion directions and then post your own thoughts...

Please distinguish between over-/under-exposure and over-/under-rated (on MAL specificly).

You do realize that Beck is rated #32 out of 14000 scored manga, right?You are seriously not saying that is under-rated?

I do realize this is your first post on MAL... but please be on topic.

痛就是爱
Jun 6, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 2012
Overrated:
Hunter x Hunter
Death Note
Shingeki no Kyojin
Bakuman
Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Underrated, eh.

I've already made some enemies with this post alone, lol.
Jun 8, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
ButNotForMe said:

Personal preference aside Stone Ocean having much better translations available is pretty huge since many claim a lot of Vento gets lost in translation.

Also the Requiem stuff is a giant clusterfuck either way and should have never happened.
Jun 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
PJ_Berri said:
the only underrated manga I can think of is the basketball genre "Slam Dunk". you hardly see that here in North America.
unfortunately, you are talking about under-exposed again. Slam Dunk is ranked #12 on MAL.
http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
But yes, as far as I know, it was insanely popular in China.

At this rate, I might ask the mods myself to lock this thread. The number of confused individuals is frustrating.

NeoAnkara said:
I hope after summer end Blade Dance LN will get more love.
How did I miss this? Yes Blade Dance should get more love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I might have mentioned this before in this thread or in a similar thread, but La Mosca is severely underrated, considering it is ranked at 5000's places. Ironically, I read La Mosca precisely because another person mentioned how underrated it was in a similar thread. How glad I am that these kinds of threads are made!

DrizzyXP said:
Overrated:
Hunter x Hunter
Death Note
Shingeki no Kyojin
Bakuman
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Kind of agree with SnK and Death Note. They are pretty good but not amazing. They are up there more due to their popularity and thus the ability to attract MAL newbie who rate 10/10s.

Haven't read the others, can't say much.
bunny1ov3rJun 12, 2014 10:35 AM

痛就是爱
Jun 12, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
overrated- I am a Hero
Underrated- Hana to Akuma
Everyone is out there having a social life and I'm here watching anime.

Jun 12, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Underrated: Hnter x Hunter. Art is better, even if less detailed, than the other shonens, because it actually is effective. You feel the emotion.

Story is needless to say superior.

As such, Overrated: Other WSJ.

Minus DN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
Anorexia is still underrated. Way too good to be under 7.00
Jun 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
judals said:
Hnter x Hunter. Art is better, even if less detailed, than the other shonens, because it actually is effective. You feel the emotion.

Scribbles= effective?
As much as I like HxH, I can't agree with the art being "better" when you're talking about the scribbles we got starting from the end of GI to the middle of the CA arc.
I'll agree if your talking about when Togashi is actually trying because he comes up with some creative styles of drawing through imagery and whatnot but there are also times when it's obvious that he just scribbles stuff on a napkin and submitted it to Jump. Like that one time where that Koala Bear dude looked like a tree, chapters were characters and backgrounds are hard to separate and when chapters had almost no pictures. I'm pretty sure most were done to meet deadlines rather than for some sort of "style". The published volumes fix the art so I'll have to buy some of those when I get some money. I guess my view on the art during that period of time is much different from yours so whatever.

OT: Rurouni Kenshin is underrated. I thought the manga is a lot better than the anime. I also think that Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is somewhat overrated though I can see why people like it. I gave it a 7 so I still think it's good but I prefer the other manga in the top 10 over it.
SolosJun 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 12, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
SolBlade said:
judals said:
Hnter x Hunter. Art is better, even if less detailed, than the other shonens, because it actually is effective. You feel the emotion.

Scribbles= effective?
As much as I like HxH, I can't agree with the art being "better" when you're talking about the scribbles we got starting from the end of GI to the middle of the CA arc.
I'll agree if your talking about when Togashi is actually trying because he comes up with some creative styles of drawing through imagery and whatnot but there are also times when it's obvious that he just scribbles stuff on a napkin and submitted it to Jump. Like that one time where that Koala Bear dude looked like a tree, chapters were characters and backgrounds are hard to separate and when chapters had almost no pictures. I'm pretty sure most were done to meet deadlines rather than for some sort of "style". The published volumes fix the art so I'll have to buy some of those when I get some money. I guess my view on the art during that period of time is much different from yours so whatever.

OT: Rurouni Kenshin is underrated. I thought the manga is a lot better than the anime. I also think that Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is somewhat overrated though I can see why people like it. I gave it a 7 so I still think it's good but I prefer the other manga in the top 10 over it.

Talking about redrawn stuff mate
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
Kenshin's manga is pretty underrated, much better than it's anime (which isn't bad but still)

Also as someone who owns HxH volumes 18-25 the art for the climax of GI is much better than the art in volume 19 when Gon and Killua are killing shit in NGL (the art there is just..meh, nothing unreadable, though), but the art for volumes 20 and on is pretty consistent. This is a manga that looks a lot better when you're holding it in your hands.
Jun 12, 2014 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
HxH art is terrible. In the volumes or not.
Jun 12, 2014 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
Kaimon said:
Kenshin's manga is pretty underrated, much better than it's anime (which isn't bad but still)

Also as someone who owns HxH volumes 18-25 the art for the climax of GI is much better than the art in volume 19 when Gon and Killua are killing shit in NGL (the art there is just..meh, nothing unreadable, though), but the art for volumes 20 and on is pretty consistent. This is a manga that looks a lot better when you're holding it in your hands.

Yeah but the expressions they exude are so effective. Like I checked a few naruto chapters, and wheter they are angry or sad, all I see is some bishie face emotionless, it's really just pierrot doing all the work with music and such.
Jun 14, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Akame ga Kiru is overrated crap. Magi is overrated as well, though I do like the series.
Jun 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
ButNotForMe said:
Pain_is_love said:

SO=Jojo part 6
VA=Jojo part 5
I like both but my favorite has to be Steel Ball Run and Diamond is Unbreakable.
Jun 22, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2010
Shaman Warrior is overrated. That thing was just pretty art. It felt like it was cancelled, what an unfinished story and wasted characters. It had potential.
Jul 28, 2014 3:28 AM
Dec 2013
Overrated:
One Piece
Attack on Titans
Fairy Tail
Kuroko no Basket

Underrated:
Horimiya
Love Tyrant
Boku no Ushiro ni Majo ga Iru
World Trigger
Love so Life
Jul 28, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
Nightmare Inspector is super underrated and Bleach is exactly the opposite imo
Jul 28, 2014 7:04 PM
Aug 2012
Overrated: Attack On Titan, although I enjoy this manga a lot, I feel like it gets WAY more credit than it actually deserves.

Underrated: Kingdom, while it is highly rated on this site, I don't think this series gets the recognition it deserves.
Jul 28, 2014 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
Overrated all the JOJO series, Assassin classroom and seven deadly sins are also overrated. All these manga are just average at best.

Underrated. Spiral, god ending, and shamo. My good these series are so good, deserve more recognition.

@TheAsianCobain The only reason kingdom is not getting the recognition it deserve is because of the shitty cgi the anime brought. If it was a anime without cgi, I'm sure it would get a lot more exposure. The anime failed to bring in new fans.
Jul 30, 2014 7:37 AM
Jun 2014
Overrated: Akame ga Kill, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal alchemist, Fairy Tail, Yu Yu Hakusho. All these series are pretty average imo, with nothing special going for them. Somehow people like them, don't know why.

Also, as much as I love Berserk, it hasn't been that good to warrant #1 for quite a while. And HxH is overrated aswell, because of the crappy art. The anime is so much better, which is something I rarely say.

Underrated: JoJo's bizarre adventure, but it's understandable since the art and comedy aren't typical ''anime style''. Rurouni Kenshin is also a bit underrated imo, the anime just didn't do it justice. Also Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is underrated aswell. Dorohedoro is underrated aswell.
Aug 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Underrated- MAOH: The Juvenile Remix
Aug 3, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
Saandro said:

Also, as much as I love Berserk, it hasn't been that good to warrant #1 for quite a while. And HxH is overrated aswell, because of the crappy art. The anime is so much better, which is something I rarely say.

HxH art isn't crappy if you BUY the volume instead reading it online for free.
Aug 4, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2014
Underrated: Dorabase, Denjarasu Jiisan, Bon Biita, Gororo
I can't even find some of these on MAL
Aug 4, 2014 10:02 AM
Mar 2011
i say this with no bias around 80% of manga that i have rated 7 or above in under rated look at my list and you see to e true
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

373 by Yuki135 »»
3 hours ago

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
4 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
5 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
5 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.