Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Jul 15, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2008
Kirito you heart breaker.
Aug 1, 2014 11:00 PM

May 2013
Aw, Lisbeth is so tsundere! (^_^) I had some vibes but then she found out. (T_T)
Lol, Kirito's Elucidator broke Lisbeth's best sword.

Kirito needed another sword, so he had to fight a dragon.
He didn't kill the dragon, but he still got the dragon's "drop".
And thus the Dark Repulser was made with the warmth of a heart!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 2, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
Kirito gets a girl. Then he drops her. -,-
lol
Aug 2, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
Lame. Liz is better than Asuna. This anime should have been a harem, would have been a better suit than a normal romance with 1 girl 1 guy relationship.
Aug 2, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Lame. Liz is better than Asuna. This anime should have been a harem, would have been a better suit than a normal romance with 1 girl 1 guy relationship.

So glad it's not this. Kirito's steadfast relationship with Asuna is what makes the show, imho. I also think that Asuna complements Kirito far better than Liz could've/would've.
Aug 3, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
freeflowme said:
HandsomeMan said:

So glad it's not this. Kirito's steadfast relationship with Asuna is what makes the show, imho. I also think that Asuna complements Kirito far better than Liz could've/would've.

Yeah, now that I'm at episode 22 I agree. Although now I like Suguha more lol
Aug 3, 2014 12:30 PM
Aug 2014
Can some of you people inbox me some good funny and interesting anime that ya'll think is good please and thank you.
Oct 8, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
Kirito never finished off that dragon...

Kirito-harem +1

Nice earrings, Asuna!

That's my best sword... snap... not anymore...
Dec 5, 2014 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
Another well done episode, I liked Liz but when Kirito was hitting on her and holding her hand I was like "wtf man what about Asuna" but I suppose that's resolved for now! The action was good too and I really like the soundtrack - there's one specific song in this episode (I think it's shown up before too) that reminds me a lot of Clannad. I think it played when they were going to sleep in the dragon's cave. Not that I'm complaining! I loved Clannad's music.
Dec 10, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2013
Hmph still needs more action and how can she fall in love so fast with him? Fells like Twilight now instead of Lord of the Rings :/
May 12, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2010
Awww i felt bad for Lis and I hope this anime doesnt turn out to be a harem -.-
Jun 22, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2014
Lisbeth is love Lisbeth is life. This is my conclusion to the entire series.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jun 24, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2015
Kirito and Asuna were obviously a thing from the get-go, so Liz's heartbreak was inevitable. Still, Liz seems like a really genuine character and I think her short screen time is a good thing. Kirito's strength being a backdrop is annoying though. The show could at least afford to spend time showing how Kirito is leveling up. Instead of gaining levels, the show is more interested in filling the harem.
Jul 1, 2015 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Well Lisbeth seems to be a really nice character. When she and Kirito were in the cave, I thought it was a nice conversation.

Though I will say that this episode is really good (and I really like the OP theme a lot).
Jul 21, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
I do like Lisbeth in this episode and it is nice to see a woman being a blacksmith and I didn't feel like this episode was filler and it did have a point.
Sep 29, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Liz. :( Stupid Kirito.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 28, 2015 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Jan 3, 2016 9:11 PM
Mar 2015
i hope kirito uses two swords from now on
Feb 18, 2016 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
Yay, I've found Kirino's twin in other anime! Added Rika Shinozaki\Lisbeth to my favs list, couldn't find her in characters list as Lisbeth, apparently that's her in game nickname. Love at first sight <3
The best episode so far, loved colouring and drawing style, it feels very comfortable at her shop :3
Loved Kirito x Rika, so intense and romantic, one of the best romatic episodes I've ever seen in anime, would prefer over Kirito x Asuna, however there is no competition yet, at least I haven't seen any vibes between Kirito and Asuna, they don't date, right? So Lis is kinda overthinking it, it's not too late for her to join harem. Anyway poor Rika, I feel sorry for her :(
tsundereharasserFeb 18, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 26, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2014
I spent two days in a cold dungeon with a dude I've just gotten to know and who broke my best sword

I'M IN LOVE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2016 6:18 PM

Nov 2008
Comic_Sans said:
I spent two days in a cold dungeon with a dude I've just gotten to know and who broke my best sword

I'M IN LOVE

He saved her life, you know.

The novel does a better job in explaining why she fell for him though. And it's rather touching. I got emotional when I read it.

Mar 26, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2014
He saved her life, you know.
And that is still not enough of a reason to fall in love with someone
The novel does a better job in explaining why she fell for him though. And it's rather touching. I got emotional when I read it.
I've also read it

And as far as I can remember I didn't get emotional
TyrelMar 26, 2016 7:05 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 27, 2016 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
Comic_Sans said:
And that is still not enough of a reason to fall in love with someone

Good enough for me. Besides, Kirito has an adorable face and a gentle voice. And Liz was lonely.

Mar 27, 2016 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
Chiibi said:
Good enough for me.
But I am not you
Besides, Kirito has an adorable face and a gentle voice.
Not according to me
And Liz was lonely.
I also used to be lonely before I moved back to my home country, that doesn't mean I fell in love with random strangers just because they happened to be nice to me

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedMar 27, 2016 6:08 PM
Nico- said:
Mar 30, 2016 6:05 PM
Aug 2013
Okay questio. Do you remember the picture that Liz looks at the beginning of the ep?did she have her family in sao an they died?caus they look like they have armor from the first few levels.
Mar 31, 2016 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
villax said:
Okay questio. Do you remember the picture that Liz looks at the beginning of the ep?did she have her family in sao an they died?caus they look like they have armor from the first few levels.

That is a good question but the novel doesn't mention anything about it. It's just something the anime added in, I think....

Mar 31, 2016 4:25 PM
Aug 2013
Chiibi said:
villax said:

That is a good question but the novel doesn't mention anything about it. It's just something the anime added in, I think....
do you know around where this episode takes place in the novel I haven't read much of the novel but I'm trying to I'm not sure if I'm reading the correct one tho. I'm still at where they are calling him a beater. I'm reading sword art online -progressive
Apr 21, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2016
DAMN so many bad comment on the dragon, Fucking no fantasy in your head! You draw then a damn crystal Dragon!! I thought i look epic, for a dragon in the nature of snow and crystal!! sure i want to see some little more fighting, and little character development but i will come in time i hope, Like shiiiiiiii we are still at ep7 stop complain!! Have heard enough bad shit out this anime an i so far really am hooked on SAO really enjoying watching it!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 25, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2016
I would say that it is quite understandable for characters to want to be with Kirito....after all, it's important not to forget that everyone is stuck in this artificial world with dangers lurking everywhere, not just from the virtual environment itself but from other hostile and selfish players. You can't seem to trust anyone, which is why Kirito clearly stands out. Even though he is a solo player, and has benefitted from playing the Beta, he remains selfless and puts others first. That being said I guess this shouldn't necessarily translate to characters having to have to fall for him, especially over the course of a single episode. I would have preferred it if this episode continued on, so that the characters could get to know each other a bit more, especially since they managed to get out of the mess they were in rather quickly.
APickyCriticApr 25, 2016 10:18 PM
Apr 26, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2008
villax said:
Chiibi said:

do you know around where this episode takes place in the novel I haven't read much of the novel but I'm trying to I'm not sure if I'm reading the correct one tho. I'm still at where they are calling him a beater. I'm reading sword art online -progressive

Yes, this episode is adapted from the second novel of Aincrad, which was released before Progressive.

Aug 1, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2016
Lisbeth, got friend-zoned..
Aug 9, 2016 1:55 PM
Jun 2016
Wow. Couldn't help but feel very bad for Lis. :C
Aug 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
Very boring episode.
This looks like a romance show in a game, rather than a game with some romance.
Or maybe a harem instead of romance.
Sep 3, 2016 7:16 PM
Sep 2016
So sad :( it should have been Kirito and Asuna.
Sep 15, 2016 1:33 AM
Aug 2016
can i ask, why there is blacksmith in SAO? i think the shop owner in SAO world is NPC. But if the player decide to become the sword maker, isn't it to boring to herself? or the blacksmith can do on hunting and increase their level too?? if so, why liz didn't do that?
Nov 22, 2016 2:43 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Poor Lizbeth :( I can feel with her

Dec 29, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
After rewatching, man...too bad for Lisbeth. Although, I definitely agree that Lisbeth falling in love with Kirito is a little forced. They should have tried to develop it a little better. Lol this episode totally dropped the hints that Asuna likes Kirito.
Jan 9, 2017 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
Why do the girls in this show fall in love with him so easily?

Man, this is retarded.
D-ohnutsJan 9, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 15, 2017 9:24 AM

Jan 2017
Although this episode is only 3 characters like Kirito, Asuna and Lisbeth, I most liked is Liz and Kirito sleeping lmao. This is warm and amazing feel. I loved this episode.

5/5
11/10 scores
Apr 6, 2017 5:58 AM

May 2016
Damn!!!.. This anime is just an animation and it's in virtual game. They show us some love problems in their world which is the same at ours and I could really relate to it
May 13, 2017 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
I had no problem with Lisbeth as a chara until

it's not awful, but pointless.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2017 9:22 AM

May 2009
Ahaha, Kirito you're a fucking idiot. What did you expect to happen when you smashed that brittle sword against one that is forged better? Of course it's going to break, that's swordsmithing 101!

Reki Kawahara can't keep track of what he wants to make of Kirito, sometimes he writes Kirito as a lone wolf, and this time he's back to a Kirito consumed by guilt over letting other people die. To be honest I prefer the former since the current episode Kirito is absurdly condescending towards Liz. She knows about the "crappy CGI dragon" quest and she completed it, she didn't have to hide while Kirito did all the job, but I guess that Kirito is written to be a Mary Sue that defeats any enemy effortlessly and has no substantial flaws.
Nov 10, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2017
Ok, now it's factual that Kirito hasn't a Dragon Slayer from Berserk, but he does possess the Pussy Slayer that's probably his dick, and it attracts all sort of females who fell in love for him. He's also their lord and savior. So, since the producers decided to spend one episode where the protagonist gets a sword, why not to add another girl and a CG dragon? I don't know know if I'm demanding too much from a self-insertive LN adaptation or if said show is kidding me. Hard to tell at this point. 3/5
May 20, 2018 8:30 PM

May 2018
This episode was badly written. I mean, most of it was obvious and it was easy to predict every dialogue. I really hope this anime get better because for now, it's really not that good.
May 25, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2017
Lisbeth is cute. She needs more screentime.

Not good as the last two episodes, but it was enjoyable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 13, 2020 4:54 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This show is making it hard to choose the best girl, the episode started with me looking at Lis like just another generic crush and then I actually, for a moment wanted her to win Kirito over.
Aug 14, 2020 4:13 AM

Jun 2020
lis is SO cute i love her and her freckles. the VA too i really like it's very natural, she doesnt have that generic overly high-pitchy nasal kind of typical voice, it really adds to her character as well also how cool she's a blacksmith. i like her already!

the scene where they were flung up into the sky was lovely! and that hug! so cuteeee

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 26, 2020 8:31 AM

Dec 2018
Kirito: Breaks sword without payment.
Lisabeth: "Let's go to a dragon den to potentially kill ourselves to make a better sword for you".
later
Both: Almost dies........
Am I stupid or is the writing INSANE? Shouldn't everyone be worried at least a little because you know...Death. Why would she suggest this, to begin with, he's the one who rudely broke her sword without payment, she should have just asked for payment. Why would she risk her life for a sword for some dude she just met.
Anyway, 10 minutes later,
Lisabeth: "Kirito, I love you".
Me: Bruhhhhhh...........

At this point, this show is harem first story later. I have no idea how she fell in love with him, yes he saved her but why would he risk his life, he doesn't know her, all he knows is her name is Lisabeth and she is a smith. With Sachi[which I also found stupid] they knew each other for a few months, with Lisabeth it was literally a few hours. Also apparently Kirito's hand is warm.........

If that was smithing then I am an astronaut. Then the obvious cliche[cliches are fine btw], "Oh no, he's talking to another girl, he is obviously married". In defence of the show, they are teenagers so I can let that go.

This episode was a disaster just like previous episodes, I couldn't care less about the CG dragon.

So, now that all the girls are assembled, let the ecchi and ass shots begin so that I can self insert myself into Kirito and have a good time.

Ps. Yolko is still the best character, she was the only one capable of withstanding Kirito's d*ck and had her own thing she had to do[which was also stupid]. Also that sweet ass shot, I am truly missing it right now.

Also when Kirito said "I rather die with someone than watching them die", I died laughing because Previous episode Yolko dies and he does jack shit.
Aug 26, 2020 3:55 PM

Jun 2020
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Lisabeth: "Let's go to a dragon den to potentially kill ourselves to make a better sword for you".
later
Am I stupid or is the writing INSANE? Shouldn't everyone be worried at least a little because you know...Death. Why would she suggest this, to begin with, he's the one who rudely broke her sword without payment, she should have just asked for payment. Why would she risk her life for a sword for some dude she just met.

At this point, this show is harem first story later. I have no idea how she fell in love with him, yes he saved her but why would he risk his life, he doesn't know her, all he knows is her name is Lisabeth and she is a smith. With Sachi[which I also found stupid] they knew each other for a few months, with Lisabeth it was literally a few hours. Also apparently Kirito's hand is warm.........

If that was smithing then I am an astronaut. Then the obvious cliche[cliches are fine btw], "Oh no, he's talking to another girl, he is obviously married". In defence of the show, they are teenagers so I can let that go.

This episode was a disaster just like previous episodes, I couldn't care less about the CG dragon.

So, now that all the girls are assembled, let the ecchi and ass shots begin so that I can self insert myself into Kirito and have a good time.

Ps. Yolko is still the best character, she was the only one capable of withstanding Kirito's d*ck and had her own thing she had to do[which was also stupid]. Also that sweet ass shot, I am truly missing it right now.

Also when Kirito said "I rather die with someone than watching them die", I died laughing because Previous episode Yolko dies and he does jack shit.

pretty sure he was actually alluding to sachi/black cats.........

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 27, 2020 1:23 AM

Dec 2018
ribbonaffair said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
later

pretty sure he was actually alluding to sachi/black cats.........

Still, he knew Sachi for a few months while it's only been a few hours with Lisabeth[also, he's technically known Yolko for more than one day].

Imagine dying for someone you've known for a few hours.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.