Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2012 8:19 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man this is crazy. Just from the following,

All are shipping Kirito x Rika. Insane in Japan! I admit though they were pretty cute together during this whole episode itself.

About the beginning, the start has its merit in not only rich facials of Rika but of her teasing Asuna in the spoiler
and one can see that Rika’s faces are quite the tease aright. Personally it really left a good first impression. Rika being a nice teasing girl with rich expressions on her face.

About Rika x Kirito, decided to do a nice list as to the moments of why they were so much like that for me.
  • A first positive reaction from Rika in the spoiler
    leads to some rather insane sword breaking that leads to Rika freaking out. A good sign for a positive filled experience around.

• Rika’s going all out of anger on Kirito in the spoiler
    had its charms far more than what Asuna turns out in the last episode as of this episode.

• Kirito successfully making Rika in the spoiler
    not only red faced but also gives out another expressions of Rika that of being pouting. A rather nice achievement in terms of Flags to be able to stir up so much rich emotions from a girl. Kirito is amazing in female reactions.

• Kirito playing nicely with Rika in the spoiler
    turns out rather nice happy emotions from Rika, which itself is quite positive IMO. Rika looked rather very happy and outgoing in that part.

• Kirito being a man in the spoiler
    in making Lizbeth’s fall much more softer. A MAN OF MALES! Takes one to make a girl’s fall nicer.

• Kirito doing the indirect kiss in the spoiler
    with that potion? Sure looks like it a lot for me. That was quite a bold move.

• Kirito entertaining Lizbeth in the spoiler
    got more of her faces from a comedic stand point towards Kirito. I did laugh a few in that part.

• Kirito x Lizbeth sleeping in the spoiler
    was totally the epitome of something special that sadly never pans out but still nice sleeping there with Rika being at his side.

• Kirito grabbing like a man Lizbeth in the spoiler
    to get out of that hole. Now that is quality gentleman manners. IMO it looked rather romantic of Kirito bagging a girl. Hahaahah!

• Kirito grabbing Lizbeth’s hands in the spoiler
    and her being this happy compared to before where she was not as much. Now that is sure nice to see. Kirito really pepped up nicely Rika with this adventure I really was under the impression she is rather feeling secretly gloomy.
So these are quite the amounting of points raised in favor of the many parts to distinguish Kirito being a man instead of a jerk like many other anime characters are to girls and most certainly loads of males in the game itself. That being said Kirito x Rika was strong in this episode.

About the fight, it was most amazing in the following,

Along with the spoiler
of at least the effects done upon damage to the dragon and him losing a limb. Now that was quite remarkable.

About thee end, if the list was not enough the end really shows out how Kirito concludes with Rika along with some Rika teasing of Asuna. Whom was quite nice in the spoiler
as Rika got Asuna to blush and tease rather will as her facials richly so show out.

While Kirito finishes on 2 strong points as well, The first being in the spoiler
simply shows how much of a nice swing he has and how much Rika reacted to it from her faces, which actually show out a much stronger blush IMO.

The second was the most astonishing one in the spoiler
Lizbeth actually cries there but I am glad she recovers somehow in thee end. Kirito showing a most positive smile out.

So it’s quite easily the most Rika x Kirito episode and for a first quite surprising of how it developed between. Now it would be nice to know how much more the LN does this. If anyone cares to share their version of it.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
and sadly the writings are a hassles this week in the episode to grab it clean.

However nice collage of both weapons in the spoiler
of this episode along with a Lizbeth Image Stitch. The weapons names quite match up nicely.
Yumekichi11Aug 18, 2012 9:47 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 18, 2012 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
>increases episode count after preview title is given
>thread created
>7 minutes ago.
Ah fuck it, this is never gonna end.

The CG dragon looks weird. Why CG though? Ilfang was cool enough as hand drawn. Ehh.
And yeah, first love is already taken. Don't worry, I still like you Lizbeth.
So, back to volume 1 now I presume for next episode. Nice. This should shut up all the people. Let's wait for the next episode before asking if they want that episode as episode 2 or not.
Aug 18, 2012 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
Very good episode! Rather fascinating, but that CG dragon was lame.
TyrelAug 18, 2012 7:12 PM
Aug 18, 2012 8:41 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Well the things is Lizbeth even has more quality than Asuna so far.

I just hope they do something as EPIC as a sleepover soon enough. Keiko and Lizbeth have so far the most brownie points in terms of scoring moves with Kirito. Asuna needs to catch up ASAP NOW! Well as of this episode I have more than enough ammo to prove of a decent Kirito x Rika coupling. Well at least the main reason.

I told many the dragon might be CG failure. I guess to a certain extend it might have been.

However make no mistake that it can become much better in the BDs. So I would not bang the final say on this one yet. Buddy.

Aug 18, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:
Well the things is Lizbeth even has more quality than Asuna so far.

I just hope they do something as EPIC as a sleepover soon enough. Keiko and Lizbeth have so far the most brownie points in terms of scoring moves with Kirito. Asuna needs to catch up ASAP NOW! Well as of this episode I have more than enough ammo to prove of a decent Kirito x Rika coupling. Well at least the main reason.

I told many the dragon might be CG failure. I guess to a certain extend it might have been.

However make no mistake that it can become much better in the BDs. So I would not bang the final say on this one yet. Buddy.

Yep I'll be buying the BD's though I'm not sure if they will be subtitled.
Aug 18, 2012 9:21 AM

Jul 2011
Perfect adaptation. This episode took around ~70 pages, previous two took 150 each. A clear difference when something actually has time to develop.
mdzAug 18, 2012 2:56 PM
Aug 18, 2012 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
There's also a female player who fixes weapons? Didn't realize it until her scream, but she's by Takagaki-san?

Kirito wanting a sword that's stronger than the current one? But it's too heavy!!

She's amazed at his skill against the dragon. Because of her, they fell. They had to spend the night together.

lol @ what they are finding out is dragon's poop, and they slept at dragon's house.

Now it's against two of Sphere girls for getting Kirito? After seeing Asuna, she gave up. Nice new sword, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 18, 2012 10:40 AM
Aug 2012
Holy crap!

This episode doesn't appear to cut much out!!!

Looking good!
Aug 18, 2012 10:43 AM
Jul 2012
I thought it was Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki for a sec...
Aug 18, 2012 10:47 AM
Aug 2012
thundergear said:

O.O

That would be.....
Interesting....
Aug 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Jan 2008
Oh.. so this episode reveals 'that' already huh?. /hasn't watched yet.
Aug 18, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
Kirito is badass and so is his sword.

Poor girl Liz coming too late.

Not bad an episode. Good thing we will get the main story going, finally.
Aug 18, 2012 11:07 AM

Feb 2009
Paul said:
The answer is no, they didn't.
belatkuroAug 18, 2012 11:14 AM
Aug 18, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
belatkuro said:
Paul said:
The answer is no, they didn't.

I see, that's good I guess... /waits for subs

Though... now that I think about it, I could probably watch the entire thing and understand no problem.
Aug 18, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
volume2 finally ends(except YUI)
next week will come the main story,I hope the quality can be higher,especially BGM。
ReariaAug 18, 2012 11:22 AM
Nowhere,everywhere.

Aug 18, 2012 11:19 AM

Dec 2010
I thought the episode was pretty well done, it cut out some parts that would be spoilers. The only part it cut that I would complain about would be him using his sword to break the fall, but still enjoyed it without it.

But that is the end of the side stories for now, on to the main plot things should start picking up now ! :D
Aug 18, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
It's still rushing like always but they cover the important stuff so doesn't really matter, the quality of dragon feel kind of odd but that doesn't destroy most of the anime but fun to watch.

Back to main story and soon a little more sidestory.

Kirito x Asuna. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 18, 2012 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
thundergear said:
During the sleeping bag part I did too. You are not the only one on that one.

Aug 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
that cg dragon was so retarded
lizbeth smelted dragon shit into a sword
double tsundere
this show
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 18, 2012 11:34 AM
Aug 2012
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show

always something to complain about right!?!?!?

I find it funny that we get a GOOD episode, and people still find ways to complain.
Aug 18, 2012 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
Dessiato said:
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show

I find it funny that we get a GOOD episode, and people still find ways to complain, even invalidly.

not really complaining other than the cg dragon
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 18, 2012 11:37 AM
Aug 2012
Regicide said:
Dessiato said:
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show

I find it funny that we get a GOOD episode, and people still find ways to complain, even invalidly.

I don't... even...

Are people just spoiled now?

On a side note, if people download they can be found on horriblesubs.
limpbuttmanAug 18, 2012 11:47 AM
Aug 18, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
Dessiato said:
Regicide said:
Dessiato said:
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show

I don't... even...

Are people just spoiled now?

On a side note, if people download they can be found on horriblesubs.

Correct, people are finding more ways to complain about a well directed episode, seems like it happens way more often when it comes to SAO for some reason.
Aug 18, 2012 12:12 PM

May 2010
another terrible n boring episode. time to drop it.

2/5
5/10
Aug 18, 2012 12:13 PM

Jul 2010
Decent episode. Didn't think the dragon was too bad. I mean, it could have looked like F/SN's dragon in the anime. Now that was pretty bad.
Aug 18, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2011
This episode wasn't that bad, it was better than I expected it to be.
I don't know why they decided to use 3DCG to animate the dragon, but whatever, it could have been worse and atleast, we saw some "real" fight.

IIRC, I don't think they skipped important things, this episode got a pretty decent adaptation to my eyes.

4/5, because, it's been so long since the last real fight (episode 2 ?).
Also, so many lewd moments.
Aug 18, 2012 12:33 PM

Feb 2008
Ugh. The overall narrative was great but the theme and the character development just felt so rushed that it was hard for me to care. The ending was particularly jarring because it's hard to see that's how Kirito feels or how Lizbet feels. It just feels like there was no precedence for that stuff and as a result it feels out of the blue. I think this episode suffers from pacing and rushing just like episode 3 but not to the crazy degree. It's just hard to care about Lizbet and the themes of the episode when it doesn't really give you precedence or the time to sink in. Other than that, it was an okay episode. Great that it remained faithful to the SS though compared to the other SSs.

*sigh*. Oh well. It sucks that this show has the ability for so much awesome fight scenes yet it opts for still pictures for fights. Come on...
Aug 18, 2012 12:35 PM
Aug 2009
Black and white sword dance...I guess that means they are FINALLY going to start the 74th floor next episode? Wouldn't make much sense for them to start the Yui arc next since it doesn't happen till after the 74th floor ends anyways. Too many side stories turned this anime into a download just to keep it in my external HD =/
But still..was definitely one of my favorite episodes since this and Yui was the only side stories I liked in this series.
Aug 18, 2012 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show
That could be positive. The interactions are so much more win to see how they intermingle together. Not often you have 2 girls of those types in shows.

Aug 18, 2012 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show
That could be positive. The interactions are so much more win to see how they intermingle together. Not often you have 2 girls of those types in shows.

since it was only for the side story i wonder

Aug 18, 2012 12:44 PM
Mar 2008
This show has some serious pacing issues. It's all over the fucking place.
Aug 18, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2012
Aww I love how they animated liz :) Great episode, enjoyed seeing the part when they latch to the dragon!
Aug 18, 2012 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Why people so complaining about the Dragon. I didn't even realize that it was CG. It looked CG just maybe just in moment it appears but not in other.
Aug 18, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Lizbeth...

On another note, it would be really convenient if you could really make a sword that easy.
Aug 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Jun 2009
Liz is one of my favorite side stories, and largely i was very happy with this adaptation, much moreso than the last one at least! I really like Liz as a character too, but based on the name of the preview and the fact that i can't think of many more side stories that they can choose from, we're going to see alot more Asuna/Kirito action coming up. Can't wait!

prismheart said:
On another note, it would be really convenient if you could really make a sword that easy.

Heh, rl perhaps but it really is that easy in any mmorpg. :P
Aug 18, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome ep my favorite so far :D
Aug 18, 2012 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Good thing they didn't animate the part where he did "that".
Kerozinn said:
another terrible n boring episode. time to drop it.

2/5
5/10

bye~
Aug 18, 2012 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
Regicide said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regicide said:
double tsundere
this show

since it was only for the side story i wonder
OH NO NO! Rika is bound to come back later and I even know it might beyond SAO with Rika, well I heard around. Oh yeah plenty of Rika to come back and with Asuna there are chances of that too.

Aug 18, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2011
The dragon looked stupid.
But liked the romance between Liz and Kirito.
Feeling so bad for Liz but still rooting for Asuna :D
Aug 18, 2012 1:07 PM
Oct 2010
Good enough for me...

I feel fortunate that I'm not so picky that it becomes hard to find something to enjoy.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 18, 2012 1:09 PM
Oct 2008
Poor liz :(
Aug 18, 2012 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I think they pretty much got everything that was needed in there while not being too revealing, and they even managed to make that dragon look godawful.
And there really isn't anything else to complain about, so I really don't see why there are so many complaints.
I mean, really, what is it people want to watch these days? I can name at least 13 other currently airing shows that are much, much worse than this. Actually, this is one of the best shows airing right now. Which isn't really that amazing though, considering the current state of the industry.

Also, Kirito×Liz > Kirito×Asuna.
Which, of course, does not mean that I don't like Kirito×Asuna.
OosranAug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2012 1:13 PM
Feb 2012
Boring episode.
Have nothing more to add.
Aug 18, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
Oosran said:
And there really isn't anything else to complain about, so I really don't see why there are so many complaints.

Let me give you one then: 7 episodes and we're only going to Main Story next week, if that is not enough, I don't know how you can be so patient.
Aug 18, 2012 1:15 PM

Jun 2012
I wonder what is going to become of the sword Kirito forged? Gift to Asuna perhaps?

I enjoyed how Kirito acted now in comparison to the first girl he let die( I can't remember her name for the life of me atm X P). It's been like what 5 episodes since then but I feel he's grown a lot as a person.
Aug 18, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2011

Asuna, you got competition now.
Aug 18, 2012 1:17 PM
Aug 2012
Hehe why so much hate guys? :)
In fact i enjoyed this episode way more compared to the previous ones!
I have high hopes that this anime will shape up to be great,just give it some time!
Under the stars,we are all the same...
Aug 18, 2012 1:23 PM
Oct 2008
I wonder why people even complain, because they are downloading this for free or watching it for free from TV!
Aug 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Was an alright episode. Disliked the CG'd dragon.
Aug 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Liked the episode, I hope they keep it up.

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

83 by Noelle43 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.