MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Do you like the fan service in SAO?/want more fanservice in the anime?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sword Art Online »» Do you like the fan service in SAO?/want more fanservice in the anime?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Do you want more fanservice in the SAO anime?/like the fanservice in SAO?
I Like the fanservice but don't want more of it :)

44 18.18%
I like the fanservice and i want more of it :D

45 18.60%
I don't like the fanservice but want more of it -____- (who would vote for this?)

16 6.61%
I don't like the fanservice and don't want more of it :/

86 35.54%
i don't care about the fanservice

51 21.07%
Voters: 242

08-18-12, 6:10 AM

"Do you want more fanservice in the SAO anime?"
yes.

08-18-12, 6:13 AM

You'll get more later on, and not just the ass shots.

08-18-12, 6:15 AM

Immahnoob said:
Immahnoob*, at least don't make a mistake in my name. And I was actually speaking about fan service in general.

Not only the ecchi moments (this being the most prevalent in my thoughts).

Because people want to be entertained, that's the whole point of fan service, even plot, character development, music, art etc can be entertaining, but complete seriousness just makes the anime bland, and even those inducing tears drama like for example (The single anime that a grown up like me has ever cried to), Clannad. It still had comedy, it still had it's moments of fanservice.

Also, think of HotD, one of the best ecchi around, they put ecchi in and still forwarded the story in a really good way.

Let's not forget about Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari, some other good ecchi anime that story wise were awesome.

Oh yeah, the highly rated CG, Ecchi moments were like everywhere... Story wise I found it interesting, some people say "trainwreck", I say pure enjoyment.

All these are good examples of very godlike implementation of Ecchi.

It's not the "excessive" amount of ecchi implemented in a show that makes ecchi bad. It's how it's implemented.

has it ever occured to you that those animes were successful because of their story and plot? not because of their successful ecchi moments?

i don't remember CG having that many ecchi fanservice moments and it was mostly successful because of their characters and developments, so where you getting the idea that the fanservice is a key point in CG, seriously stop downgrading CG by saying it was successful because of fanservice

same thing with clannad and the monogatari series, the fanservice was just a bonus to their awesome stories, especially with monogatari which was successful because of their unique artwork and storytelling

HotD is rated low compared to them for a reason you know, its because of the overuse of fanservice ruined the serious aspect of the story, literally, every minute there were pantyshots when they were fighting zombies which ruined the mood, i practically facepalmed at saeko's matrix boobs, its a clear example as to how overuse of fanservice can ruin an animes quality

and before you start talking about sales and that crap, we are talking about whether fanservice makes this anime better or worse, not whether it makes it sell more or that crap

so quit bringing in other animes that are completely different to SAO when we are discussing SAO itself

08-18-12, 6:18 AM

Z-flame said:

yes.

kirito will have the best "angle" later on XD

08-18-12, 6:20 AM

kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:
Immahnoob*, at least don't make a mistake in my name. And I was actually speaking about fan service in general.

Because people want to be entertained, that's the whole point of fan service, even plot, character development, music, art etc can be entertaining, but complete seriousness just makes the anime bland, and even those inducing tears drama like for example (The single anime that a grown up like me has ever cried to), Clannad. It still had comedy, it still had it's moments of fanservice.

Also, think of HotD, one of the best ecchi around, they put ecchi in and still forwarded the story in a really good way.

Let's not forget about Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari, some other good ecchi anime that story wise were awesome.

Oh yeah, the highly rated CG, Ecchi moments were like everywhere... Story wise I found it interesting, some people say "trainwreck", I say pure enjoyment.

It's not the "excessive" amount of ecchi implemented in a show that makes ecchi bad. It's how it's implemented.

has it ever occured to you that those animes were successful because of their story and plot? not because of their successful ecchi moments?

i don't remember CG having that many ecchi fanservice moments and it was mostly successful because of their characters and developments, so where you getting the idea that the fanservice is a key point in CG, seriously stop downgrading CG by saying it was successful because of fanservice

same thing with clannad and the monogatari series, the fanservice was just a bonus to their awesome stories, especially with monogatari which was successful because of their unique artwork and storytelling

HotD is rated low compared to them for a reason you know, its because of the overuse of fanservice ruined the serious aspect of the story, literally, every minute there were pantyshots when they were fighting zombies which ruined the mood, i practically facepalmed at saeko's matrix boobs, its a clear example as to how overuse of fanservice can ruin an animes quality

and before you start talking about sales and that crap, we are talking about whether fanservice makes this anime better or worse, not whether it makes it sell more or that crap

so quit bringing in other animes that are completely different to SAO when we are discussing SAO itself

Have you ever thought that I've never said that Ecchi was the single thing that made them go on?
XeroCleaths said:
Immahnoob said:
Ecchi is always offered to show sexual imagery. You have no point, it's a fact.

You're like a woman. You ignore everything one says if you can find something to cling onto that even though it has nothing to do with the arguement, you're right.

How about this... I know what ecchiness is. You're completely right in the definition. (I'll even tell you the 3 little words that every woman wants to hear), "I was wrong" :p. So now lets move back to topic.

WAIT, check this out, I'll even copy/paste the definition here so you know I saw in and maybe read it:

Ecchi (エッチ etchi?, pronounced [et.tɕi]) is an often used slang term in the Japanese language for erotic fantasy and sexual innuendoes. As an adjective it is used with the meaning of "dirty", "naughty", "frivolous"; as a verb (ecchi suru), with the meaning to do something dirty, naughty, frivolous or to sleep together; or as a noun, to describe someone that is seen as ecchi. It is a synonym for ero (from Eros) and does not have such a harsh meaning as hentai.

Are we good? Do you feel much better now that I know the definition? [insert witty response here, after you quote me].

Now when you get the chance, read my previous post and realize that in Golden Boy, Ping Pong Club and Tower of Druaga you had sexual imagery and their ecchi moments. But their target in showing ecchi were completely different than the ones in HotD.

I don't care how you think they used Ecchi. Ecchi is still sexual imagery and that's the whole idea of it, to make your sexual fantasies come true.

I seriously don't care of your opinion. Just of facts.

And stereotype more. Sexist.

08-18-12, 6:24 AM

kamikaze_1996 said:
Z-flame said:

yes.

Too bad we'll never have a Hentai special about it.

08-18-12, 6:25 AM

Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Z-flame said:

yes.

That's what doujinshis are for.

08-18-12, 6:26 AM

Immahnoob is right. You guys should probably seek some psychiatric help if a little bit of T & A has upset you this much.

08-18-12, 6:28 AM

spyrocoot said:
Immahnoob is right. You guys should probably seek some psychiatric help if a little bit of T & A has upset you this much.

Yes, from an argument, to a nice poll, that of course, nobody cares of at the moment because the new episode isn't out.
Paul said:
Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Z-flame said:

yes.

That's what doujinshis are for.

Animation > Images.

GOOD ANIMATION > Anything.

08-18-12, 6:35 AM

Immahnoob said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Immahnoob said:

Have you ever thought that I've never said that Ecchi was the single thing that made them go on?

yes but that just proves my point about how your point about "more/better fanservice = better anime" is just a load of Bullsh*t, seriously your starting to contradict yourself now by saying there are other aspects that need to be considered because before you were so adamant that "fanservice= better anime"
Immahnoob said:

It was an exaggeration to show that you, him and the other fifty people are just a minority.

Let's also not forget that Anime sells mostly because of Fan Service.

Immahnoob said:

Fanservice will always make things better.

i actually feel sorry for that newcomer to have had to argue with you, you really are ridiculous

08-18-12, 6:37 AM

kamikaze_1996 said:

i actually feel sorry for that newcomer to have had to argue with you, you really are ridiculous

I had fun.

I can tell he was generally getting annoyed :)

08-18-12, 6:38 AM

fanservice makes anime more unbearable to watch
(ano natsu)
I HATE ANIME!!!!!!!! THE DEVIL'S CREATION
JOIN OUR ELITE CLUB

08-18-12, 6:38 AM

And let's not forget how many hyperbole I used in those posts and how many times I was sarcastic.

I wanted it to look like some God sent message.

But hey, what do you know, taking things always literally. Children these days.

I didn't wanted more Ecchi on SAO, I wanted mature relationships or at least what Ep 4 gave us.
XeroCleaths said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

I had fun.

I can tell he was generally getting annoyed :)

He wasn't speaking about you.

But about the OP.

08-18-12, 6:44 AM

Immahnoob said:
And let's not forget how many hyperbole I used in those posts and how many times I was sarcastic.

I didn't wanted more Ecchi on SAO, I wanted mature relationships or at least what Ep 4 gave us.

Maybe she wasn't being literal.

But hey, what do you know, taking things always literally.

If you didn't wanted more Ecchi, and did wanted what Ep 4 gave us, then why did you argue me that all ecchi is the same? Baka -.-

08-18-12, 6:49 AM

XeroCleaths said:
Immahnoob said:

If you didn't wanted more Ecchi, and did wanted what Ep 4 gave us, then why did you argue me that all ecchi is the same? Baka -.-

They took me literally. And I'm a man, you idiot.

All Ecchi is the same LOL. It's still SEXUAL IMAGERY.

08-18-12, 6:54 AM

Immahnoob said:
XeroCleaths said:
Immahnoob said:

They took me literally. And I'm a man, you idiot.

All Ecchi is the same LOL. It's still SEXUAL IMAGERY.

When did I refer to you as a girl? you idiot.

You clearly said:
Immahnoob said:

And just a moment ago you also said "All Ecchi is the same".

Do you mind if I refer to you as "Immahnoob the baka"?

08-18-12, 6:58 AM

What's your point...?

I don't want more ECCHI on SAO. There is ECCHI on SAO already on EP 4, but ONLY on EP 4. THUS, I want more mature relationships and what EP 4 GAVE US.

GET IT?

And yes, all ECCHI is the same. It's still sexual imagery, nudity, panty shots, cleavage or boobs in general etc.

You said "Maybe she wasn't literal" who did you refer to?

08-18-12, 7:02 AM

ImmahnoobTheBaka said:
GET IT?

Yes, I get it. You're a bigot. You also bore me. I'm out!

08-18-12, 7:04 AM

Honestly, I never did notice those ass shots people kept posting until people actually started posting them. If people are considering something as simple as that heavy fanservice... Oh dear.
Modified by Paul, 08-18-12, 7:08 AM

08-18-12, 7:09 AM

Paul said:
Honesty, I never did notice those ass shots people kept posting until people actually started posting them. If people are considering something as simple as that heavy fanservice... Oh dear.

Yeah, that totally ruined Ep4 and the other episodes that had these moments.
XeroCleaths said:
ImmahnoobTheBaka said:
GET IT?

Yes, I get it. You're a bigot. You also bore me. I'm out!

Please, do get out. You're really pathetic.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices