Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 2:48 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First off, Sochie really needs to be slapped again. And what turned into a semi pointless episode paid off in the end. Boy the Moonrace army needs to go.
Dec 12, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
I really, really digged this episode. Loran continues to be a pretty cool guy and I think I see now what the show is trying to portray. Everyone is so intent on fighting and now it seems even some soldiers are pushing around the civilians. I think people like the guy Loran and company were helping wanted to come back to earth, but I don't think they wanted to cause earthlings any grief either.

WolfWood37 said:
First off, Sochie really needs to be slapped again. And what turned into a semi pointless episode paid off in the end. Boy the Moonrace army needs to go.

Both are pretty guilty here. Let's not forget that some people like Sochie seem to only want to fight and that's it. This is shown in contrast to Kihel who went through the same exact loss and is still attempting to try a peaceful solution. Killing more innocents certainly won't help anything here. And, I think the moonrace as a right to live on earth as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, wow, trying to capture livestock with a mobile suit? I was suspicious before, but now I know that Loran really is stupid. :S If he wasn't a Gundam protagonist, all those poor animals would have been squished. This is worse than Bright Noa trying to catch chickens.

insan3soldiern said:
I think I see now what the show is trying to portray. Everyone is so intent on fighting and now it seems even some soldiers are pushing around the civilians. I think people like the guy Loran and company were helping wanted to come back to earth, but I don't think they wanted to cause earthlings any grief either.

Of course. :) Tomino's anti-war themes strike again. Loran is an adorable idealist - fighting to protect human life when everyone else doesn't even really seem to have a cause. Poe's the worst on that. e_e

I wonder why exactly the moon race had to leave earth to begin with? We haven't gotten any clear or complete answers yet, and they're bound to come at some point.
Feb 8, 2014 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
Awesome episode! While the story itself didn't develop until the end of episode, when Loran told he was a Moonrace, it was very useful to see how are the relationship between the soldiers and the Moon civilians who came to Earth. I think that the Moonrace should have only sent soldiers, since it's a mission and they don't have a territory yet. But well, it's nice to see that are good people from both sides, who want to coexist.

I think the reason why they came to Earth was overpopulation, maybe. I will risk and say that, besides the soldiers, they only brought poor civilians. That way, even if the mission fails, they'll manage to get rid of those poor guys and maintain the balance for a while. I wonder who many people are living on the Moon.
Apr 5, 2014 3:31 AM

Sep 2013
I really like Loran as a main character, even though his overly girly voice kinda gets on my nerves sometimes.

That ending was really epic. And a big part of it was the incredible insert song. This anime seems to like to use those a lot.

Best part about this though, is that I have absolutely no idea where this is going to go next. I'm pretty sure they will go to space at some point, but right now I have no idea how that will play out. A nice change from the usual Gundam event chart.
May 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Aug 2011
That was actually a very good ending to an otherwise mostly silly episode.

Cathedral said:
This is worse than Bright Noa trying to catch chickens.

Nothing is worse than Bright Noa trying to catch chickens. NOTHING.
Oct 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Turn A SO GOOD. I didn't expect things to turn out this way, I thought maybe Loran would've kept to himself about being a part of the moonrace, since until now he really has no reason to tell anybody and it would've put him in an even more difficult situation than he already is, which I feel bad for Loran because I know how torn he is between current situation.

While everyones actions against the Moonrace seems unreasonable it is at least justified, people were killed, and some were driven out of their lands, but even the moonrace is struggling to live on Earth. I like how Tomino handles this, it may seem melodramatic but it's kind of handled realistically.
RX-782Oct 28, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2012
Amuro_Char said:
I think the reason why they came to Earth was overpopulation, maybe. I will risk and say that, besides the soldiers, they only brought poor civilians. That way, even if the mission fails, they'll manage to get rid of those poor guys and maintain the balance for a while. I wonder who many people are living on the Moon.
Good poiint, This wouldn't be surprising, it's been done in the past history before/
Jan 25, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2010
parfaited said:
That was actually a very good ending to an otherwise mostly silly episode.

Agreed.
Sep 4, 2015 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
I always wondered why the Master Grade Turn A model kit came with a 1/100 scale cow. Now I know. Lol

I'm glad he finally told him he was of the Moon Race though.
Dec 3, 2015 12:04 AM

May 2012
gahh, i want to watch the next episode now lol, but alas i must sleep...
Jun 29, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Harry is the best man.

I can't stand Sochie at all, and this episode has her at her absolute WORST!

Either way, nice episode with a nice ending with Loran's big reveal, and Harry being able to stop a conflict because of how cool he is.
Oct 8, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2014
Sochie a bitch.
What a waste of an episode, though.
Apr 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
The coming-out came before the half-way point?! When the music started to rise and Keith intervened, I had no idea what was happening. ^^'

One of those episodes giving us a view of the other side. We already knew of both the militia and the Moon army's belligerence but the lack of concern and preparations about the colonization aspect is pretty remarkable.
Though it started very lightly and stupidities ensued (unarmed pig in MS fingers?),the way it culminated to the reveal was great (though a bit flamboyant).

The two Heim daughters opposition seems promising. Thanks to the episode for bringing it to my attention.

4/5

why the moon race had to leave earth?

Aren't they supposed to be the last descendants of "spacenoïds" after the colonies' era ended. There were a few separate towns established on the Moon so I assumed they progressively extended,forming ultimately a mini-nation. My only interrogation is: why/how were the relations with Earth severed? Maybe due to Earth's techno/political regression, the ancient colons existence was forgotten by the masses.

@CodeBlazeFate Is this supposed to be a mystery later unveiled or am I right thinking that it is irrelevant to the series?
edit @CodeBlazeFate You certainly should feel guilt about such an insulting lapsus.
Rei_IIIApr 17, 2017 7:24 AM
Apr 6, 2017 11:55 AM

Apr 2016
From what I remember, it had little relevance. From what I've heard, this was supposed to by the canonical end of all timelines, but the spacenoid fact doesn't play in that much to a mystery by more as to another war between the moon guys and the earth, sorta like Zeon and Earth Federation. I feel guilty for almost saying ZAFT.
Aug 30, 2017 10:54 AM

Oct 2012
This was a really amazing episode. Turn A does such a great job of showing both sides of this conflict as gray and passionate, unlike other Gundam shows where everyone seems awful (Wing) or there's a clear "bad guy" team (Z).

Also the music is so amazing. Damn man this show is stellar.
Dec 27, 2017 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
i like how the moonrace dude wanted milk and his wife's name is leche. damn, loran actually told everyone he was moonrace.. wtf is gonna happen now? it just complicates things... or maybe he should have not masqueraded as human once the whole war issue came about. and now i'm mad. real irritated. can't believe they keep calling loran "laura rola", even in the newspaper! i hate it. he's loran cehack! and a man! jesus!
Dec 30, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
Loran is just a really cool dude and this episode really extenuated that. I will say, both Moonrace and Militia have some real shitty leadership. They cannot control their armies at all; make Harry the damn leader of the Moonrace already.

Anyway, awesome episode.
Sep 7, 2019 1:28 PM

Feb 2017
Great ending. Loved how Loran came out in the end. Hopefully this stupid game of him pretending and Moonrace somehow not recognizing him will end now.
Apr 23, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2017
BikeGoneRampant said:
Sochie a bitch.

Series SlapCounter: 2

The reveal was decent I guess, but I'm hoping this picks up now. Let's get some lasers shooting again, or finding more ancient weaponry. Let's do this.
Aug 5, 2020 5:01 PM

Jun 2015
Cathedral said:
I wonder why exactly the moon race had to leave earth to begin with? We haven't gotten any clear or complete answers yet, and they're bound to come at some point.

Considering how the Earth technology has devolved, definitely some cataclysmic event
Aug 5, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
laughterjones said:
BikeGoneRampant said:
Sochie a bitch.

Series SlapCounter: 2

The reveal was decent I guess, but I'm hoping this picks up now. Let's get some lasers shooting again, or finding more ancient weaponry. Let's do this.

How was it a waste? Character development is just as important
Oct 27, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2016
This was the episode that really made me want to finish the series, really loved that ending. Sochie gotta get slapped soon, i hate her so much
That's kinda cringe but I laughed
Dec 25, 2020 1:34 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like Guin knows more about Loran's secret than he shows. Well it's not a secret anymore so whatever.

Damn that newspaper Engrish at the end. Finally the revelation is made. I wonder if Turn A making the same hand sign as Loran is supposed to be an artistic choice or something pointing to the way it's controlled (maybe I'm thinking too much into it)

The two Heim daughters opposition seems promising. Thanks to the episode for bringing it to my attention.

It can be a conflict of visions on the whole Moonrace question, or a love triangle (as slightly implied by Fran's talk with Sochie). Or both.
St0rmbladeDec 25, 2020 1:50 PM
Jan 10, 2021 9:37 PM

Nov 2012
Ok now I'm starting to hate Sochie just as much as everyone else. She has such a haterboner towards the Moonrace and is constantly acting like a bitch.

Both side have their good citizens and both sides have their idiotic warmongers (Sochie, Poe).
Dec 6, 2021 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Slow episode best episode, it's a Gundam rule. I'm surprised by how early in the series Loran revealed his secret.
Aug 28, 2022 1:43 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode. That ending was pure soul. I'm really loving the ost, it's been used really effectively.

A lot of people in the thread are shitting on Sochie, but honestly she's completely understandable imo. The Moonrace attacked them in a purely aggressive move, bombing a city of civilians, and killed her father. Hating the moonrace in her situation is absolutely makes sense. And finding out someone she trusts has been lying to her for years is also understandably upsetting. She's only like fifteen, she's not going to react like some stoic philosopher in response to all this shit. Mind you, she is a bit annoying at times, but I don't really understand the hate for her character.
Jan 1, 2023 2:23 AM

Mar 2015
Every episode that passes solidifies my mindset of Loran and Harry being goats and that I'm closer to pushing Sochie off a cliff.
Great episode, love how they're using the Turn A for non-war tasks.
Nov 18, 2023 7:04 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was awesome, i loved the use of the music during Loran revealing his secret and the way this serie shows the two sides of the conflict.
I love him as a protagonist, he is just a really cool person.
I wonder what will happen now, i'm hooked.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.