Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 23, 2012 10:03 PM
Jan 2012
No I'm calm.
Why get so defensive? I don't think you understand what kind of people Post-josh and alike are. In the past I let such people walk all over me.
Why reply? Because I will not allow such people even an inch over me that is why.
Why must I use so much language? Maybe so that through my expression they can at least share some of the pain they have made me feel on many occasions.
The crude comment? My above mentions pervades the reasons why.

I just came in from a good night and some members of the MAL community can't be decent human beings in the way how they act towards others, whether they like them or not.
It's a deep underlying problem I have with this community and that is precisely why I'm taking it all out on this thread.
I understand your good intentions though.
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:08 PM
Aug 23, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
@the autocrat If you have a genuine love for the English language then stop slaughtering it. You wrote two angrily toned paragraphs about how you, apparently, don't give a shit. That's why I don't respond to what you specifically say, it all feels so fluffed up and disingenuous.

Also, I tried to correct Otaking in a friendly/helpful manner. I'm going under the assumption that most people want to improve their English proficiency.

I'm not making assumptions about your personality or life, or anything, really. The thing is, on forums all we have to express ourselves is our writing and your style seems awfully pretentious. As someone who loves to write, I applaud your use of a more extensive vocabulary. However, there is a time and place for formal/"sophisticated" diction and you often get it very wrong. In my opinion, of course.
JoshAug 23, 2012 10:11 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 23, 2012 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
That was quite an awful long post for an anime forum.

Aug 23, 2012 10:10 PM
Jan 2012
Post-Josh said:
If you have a genuine love for the English language then stop slaughtering it. You wrote two angrily toned paragraphs about how you, apparently, don't give a shit. That's why I don't respond to what you specifically say, it all feels so fluffed up and disingenuous.

Also, I tried to correct Otaking in a friendly/helpful manner. I'm going under the assumption that most people want to improve their English proficiency.

You are not a nice person you won't fool anybody with diversionary tactics.
Just leave me the fuck alone from now on.
You and your friends have caused me enough pain...

Edit: Okay, I understand what you are trying to say. But I simply wish to practice my vocabulary. When I look at such I post I made I do not think I've used enough vocabulary at all, in fact I would have it further formalised. I really don't think my vocabulary is that big at all.
I do understand what you were trying to say in that last part of your message and I think you are right there. That is probably good advice as that is how people would perceive it looking at it from that perspective.
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:19 PM
Aug 23, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm sure after a few years of college we'll be closer to being on the same page. And yeah, I know I'm being an asshole, so sorry for that. Sometimes very opinionated people need to be addressed bluntly, and perhaps harshly, to actually react though. I know I do.
JoshAug 23, 2012 10:17 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 23, 2012 10:24 PM
Jan 2012
No, it's okay.
I don't hate you and I'd like to get along with you.
I don't like having enemies at all, I most desire to be friends with everyone.
I just don't like people trying to take away my enthusiasm. I am a very emotional person and I'm very sensitive to emotional pain.
I understand what you've been saying in the last two messages though and I respect your maturity there.
So we can get along from now on, yeah?
TheOttocratAug 23, 2012 10:35 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.