Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2012 6:20 PM

Mar 2012
I'm just wondering what all of your opinions are on the users of the website, or more specifically these forums.

How do you feel about the community here?

juz curious

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2012 6:21 PM
Mar 2012
I dislike gun threads. But generally some original threads would be nice, especially on GD.
Aug 17, 2012 6:23 PM

Jun 2011
I think most of the people on here get offended too easily, but what can you expect from an anime forum?
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Aug 17, 2012 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
The moderation sucks, but otherwise it's alright.
Mar 2012
icamehere said:
I think most of the people on here get offended too easily, but what can you expect from an anime forum?

But isn't that one on the more fun parts? I mean if everyone stayed cool and composed, the discussions would be too professional and not comical at all.

Jan 2008
People need to learn to use the search function, or google. Specifically the new people.
Aug 17, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
Paul said:
People need to learn to use the search function, or google. Specifically the new people.

pretty true
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 17, 2012 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
ehhhh i'm still new to it. but I lurk from time to time, and everyone seems pretty nice and laid back here. the discussions... are interesting
Aug 17, 2012 6:34 PM
Aug 17, 2012 6:35 PM
Dec 2009
Narmy said:

Be more specific on how the moderators sucks. For me they are okay. They are using alot of free time coding and adding new anime series into MAL for free. Imo you can't ask for any better.
Aug 17, 2012 6:36 PM

Oct 2011
What's there to say?It's a site full with many different types of people with one main thing in common (we all like anime & manga).

There's users I agree with & others I don't.
There's users who chose to keep their manners & show some god damn respect & people who don't.
There's users who actually use there brains to figure out things & those who walks around like some ignorant fool.
There's fanboys,haters & everyone else in between.
There's girls,boy & everyone else in between.
There's users who's serious & others who jokers.
etc....Etc...ETc......ETC................
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 17, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2011
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

Be more specific on how the moderators sucks. For me they are okay. They are using alot of free time coding and adding new anime series into MAL for free. Imo you can't ask for any better.

The moderators don't code the site.

The thing that annoys me is when threads are randomly moved around without any indication. I dunno what their exact criteria is for "spam type threads", but I see a lot of threads that could have actual discussion being moved from general discussion to casual chat.
Aug 17, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2011
It surprises me how uncivil or rude some people are on these forums and just how many people are close minded and willing to put people down just because of their anime tastes.

I see this type of conversation often:

Random_guy: Well I didn't like this episode too much...
Douchebag: Your opinion doesn't matter because you rated Bleach a 10.
Aug 17, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
Jeddy017 said:
What's there to say?It's a site full with many different types of people with one main thing in common (we all like anime & manga).

There's users who chose to keep their manners & show some god damn respect & people who don't.
There's users who actually use there brains to figure out things & those who walks around like some ignorant fool.

Sounds like every forum.
Aug 17, 2012 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Most of the users here I can tolerate, friendly depending on what section you are in >.< Though there are some users here I have come to expect stupidity from.

Forums for the most part are blah, repetitive.
Aug 17, 2012 6:47 PM

Mar 2012
It could be worse.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 17, 2012 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Paul said:
Jeddy017 said:

Sounds like every forum.

See!It's like I said,"What is there to say that isn't an obvious part of our human nature?"
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 17, 2012 6:49 PM
Mar 2012
Narmy said:
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

The thing that annoys me is when threads are randomly moved around without any indication. I dunno what their exact criteria is for "spam type threads", but I see a lot of threads that could have actual discussion being moved from general discussion to casual chat.

This, there was this hilarious thread made about an octo mom and it got removed twice.

Katagari said:

Forums for the most part are blah, repetitive.

And this. I won't touch a thread gun-related in a while, but I'll bet next week another one pops up
Aug 17, 2012 6:49 PM

Jun 2012
Narmy said:
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

I second this. Been wondering why potential discussion threads are transferred to casual chat. Don't see any sense in that.
Aug 17, 2012 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
itsvero said:
I see this type of conversation often:

Random_guy: Well I didn't like this episode too much...
Douchebag: Your opinion doesn't matter because you rated Bleach a 10.

In the douchebag's defense, random_guy did rate Bleach a 10.

icamehere said:

Classic internet bro post.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 17, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2010
Narmy said:

I actually agree with that, though never made a big deal of it.

But in general the mod decisions are backed and understandable; the problem is that I miss messages explaining it when they move threads, of course some things are clear, but in other cases I can't figure it out at all, like why this thread and why not this one, if they are getting a similar development, etc. I don't want to bother them for such a thing, but really, I would appreciate these additional explanations in some threads, specially those moved to Casual Chat that sometimes are not just +1 threads but contain debates I have followed. And the problem is that anything that is thrown in the Casual Chat is going to disappear in a couple of hours behind countless chat threads, so it is specially bothering to find and read them back if they had something interesting.

The community? Oh, it's fine, thanks.
Aug 17, 2012 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Everyone seems chill and the some discussions are interesting......but I'm new here so whatever my opinion is based on the little experience I had using this site. But I guess I like it? Or Do I?
Aug 17, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2010
Its decent, and sometimes below that.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 17, 2012 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
I don't think anything of the community as a whole, because that's oversimplifying things.
I have my own ideas about specific members.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 17, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2012
I hate everyone, myself included.
Aug 17, 2012 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
I've had a good experience on these forums for the most part. Obviously, you can't like everyone, but compared to forums I've been on in the past, I think these are pretty good. I normally hate forums, so I've been pleasantly surprised.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Aug 17, 2012 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
shairn said:
I don't think anything of the community as a whole, because that's oversimplifying things.

Go on.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 17, 2012 7:41 PM
Sep 2010
I've had a great experience on here so far, the fanboys and crybabies are very entertaining along with me finding a thread everyday that I can laugh at.
Aug 17, 2012 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Post-Josh said:
shairn said:

Go on.
Surely you don't expect me to say what I think about every user I have built a general idea of in time.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 17, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2008
Best community ever.

Aug 17, 2012 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
I was temp banned for posting my thoughts on the community last time.
Aug 17, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2010
This community has threads that are pretty humorous.
Aug 17, 2012 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
shairn said:
Post-Josh said:
shairn said:

Go on.
Surely you don't expect me to say what I think about every user I have built a general idea of in time.

You're right, but it was worth a try.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 17, 2012 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
It's better than a lot of other forums.
There's considerably less flaming, for instance.
Aug 17, 2012 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
I really like it...helped me find more anime when I just got into it...but sometimes, the questions I post in certain anime threads never get answered so I get bugged from time to time...but I think it's a great site overall...
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
-LOL
Aug 17, 2012 8:17 PM

Jun 2009
Some members are idiots, some members aren't. Kind of like everywhere.

I don't think you could ever really clump everything together to form a general opinion on a forum like this.
Aug 17, 2012 8:43 PM

Jun 2010
Beedlebud said:
They could be worse.
Post-Josh said:
It could be worse.

That's no consolation. You can say that for just about every group out there.
Aug 17, 2012 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
it is ok.

not enough weather threads.
Aug 17, 2012 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
Post-Josh said:

Were you hoping I would mention you?
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 17, 2012 9:55 PM
Nov 2010
A lovely community, filled with nice and intelligent people. They always respect each other's opinions.
Aug 17, 2012 9:59 PM
Jun 2012
Z-flame said:
A lovely community, filled with nice and intelligent people. They always respect each other's opinions.

*sarcasm detector explodes*
Aug 17, 2012 10:00 PM

Jul 2011
Z-flame said:

Hmm, wasn't there an incident before in my kingdom before? or were you not there yet...
Aug 17, 2012 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
shairn said:
Post-Josh said:

No, I didn't think of that. I'm not that egotistical, lol.

Z-flame said:

Truer words have never been spoken.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 17, 2012 10:43 PM

Aug 2012
The majority of this community lack a sense of humor and take shit way to seriously and get offended way to easily. It's kinda pathetic.
REAL VS ANIME: Just face it, your chances of scoring with either of these two are unlikely.
Aug 18, 2012 12:05 AM

Apr 2008
Narmy said:
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=270847

It's pretty simple.
Aug 18, 2012 12:10 AM

May 2011
A lot better than Facebook/(insert other social media). I don't feel like I'm wasting time here at all, even if I literally am ^^.

It brings together all the people that love and appreciate anime like you do. What more could I ask for?
Aug 18, 2012 12:12 AM

Jun 2012
shairn said:
Post-Josh said:

mention me, im your friend
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 18, 2012 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
Shuhan said:
I hate everyone, myself included.

You're an angel ready to sacrifice itself for Humanity.
SergioSource said:
Post-Josh said:
It could be worse.

Nah, it's not bad. I mean, I'm here, it's obviously enough to make this community thrive and look good.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 18, 2012 12:59 AM

Dec 2011
Narmy said:
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

Are those your only reasons for why you say the moderation sucks?

i think the community is... okay. It has some pluses and drawbacks about it.
Aug 18, 2012 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
uzu-dragons said:
Narmy said:
QysteiN said:
Narmy said:

Are those your only reasons for why you say the moderation sucks?

i think the community is... okay. It has some pluses and drawbacks about it.

Sometimes they forget how to make correlations with the discussions going on deemed as off topic and the on topic discussion.

They forget how debates go on, sometimes you give examples or you talk about other subjects to prove a point on the on topic discussion, or talk about laws.

Of course, I didn't see a closed topic where I was for ages, and neither did I get any more warnings than the one a few days ago. So this is my biased opinion.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.