MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sword Art Online overrated?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sword Art Online »» Sword Art Online overrated?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
08-18-12, 12:13 PM

I'm one of those who read the light novels so I was expecting a lot out of this. But after watching this, all I'm doing is skimming through the scenes since the animation of this is...missing all the best scenes. So from this I would say it is very overrated cause the anime is pretty boring.
And wut...I liked watching the -monogatari series much more than this series since it made me actually want to rewatch.

08-18-12, 1:02 PM

Neizaru said:
I don't belive there is a clear right or wrong when it comes to rating shows, it's a subjective matter after all. But I think people can't get over their own hype and realize this show is nowhere near as great as they want it to be. Rather than adjusting scores I'd have everyone realize they are deceiving themselves :) Thus it is overrated, since few viewers have accepted the simple truth :)

You don't believe there is a clear right and wrong but everyone that rated this highly is wrong because they are deluded into thinking it's a good show.

Fucking hypocrite.

At site that takes ratings from anyone and averages them together can't produce an overrated show. The resulting averages is the opinion of the community and if the community is delusion about this one product then they are delusional about them all, which evens the field.

08-18-12, 1:29 PM

everyone that rated this highly is wrong because they are deluded

There is no real rule how to score "properly". E.g if someone rates it great because he is enjoying it means he's wrong? He's wrong about enjoying it greatly?
The isssue is individual tastes have been distorted by the massive hype (maybe result of marketing efforts?). Overhyped would be more accurate than overrated, but the point is the same.
Get it know?
"You cannot make plans against he who makes no sense"
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

08-18-12, 1:42 PM

Neizaru said:
everyone that rated this highly is wrong because they are deluded

There is no real rule how to score "properly". E.g if someone rates it great because he is enjoying it means he's wrong? He's wrong about enjoying it greatly?
The isssue is individual tastes have been distorted by the massive hype (maybe result of marketing efforts?). Overhyped would be more accurate than overrated, but the point is the same.
Get it know?

The community isn't rating based on hype they are rating based on what was seen. Hype might have been a reason if this conversation took place at the end of last season and there were 0 episodes shown but that's not the case now.

The ratings and averages are MAL are all self-correcting based on what the viewers currently think of the show.

08-18-12, 1:43 PM

fact is, overrated doesn't even suffice to describe how overrated this show is

08-18-12, 1:54 PM

Shaduge said:
fact is, overrated doesn't even suffice to describe how overrated this show is

The term overrated is underrated for this show.

08-18-12, 1:56 PM

I am enjoying Sword Art Online more than any other anime atm, great animation and story, and yes I am watching several other anime series >_>

08-18-12, 2:02 PM

I'm not a SAO LN reader, or not yet.

But I don't consider this as a show that doesn't deserve to not be watched. I'm pretty sure that this anime would not be as popular as it is if the LN never existed. But if I consider SAO as an anime original, I would still watch it and I find that it's doing a pretty good job. It would still be the series that I would put it in my priority to watch weekly.

But it's true that I find it a bit overrated for the first 7 episodes, but at the same time, you can't really make a fuss of it since it hasn't ended, maybe the second half will be very good?

08-18-12, 2:11 PM

I'd like to say that this discussion is so silly and it leads to nothing. I currently would give 8 to SAO, but I rate shows after I watch them, so let's see.

We people have our opinion and somebody said here that Bakemonogatari is the best, which i though it was utter shit... Boring and lame.

08-18-12, 2:39 PM

Considering episodes up until episode 7, this anime is really overrated.

I actually still enjoy it but after episode 2, episodes started to be useless.

08-18-12, 2:45 PM

Lol another "the show's numbers aren't at a place where I want them to be" kind of thread.

I sometimes wonder how 50 shades of grey is the best selling novel ever, but on the other hand, I don't give a damn about it. You should learn to let it go too.

08-18-12, 4:43 PM

plushkin said:
Lol another "the show's numbers aren't at a place where I want them to be" kind of thread.

I sometimes wonder how 50 shades of grey is the best selling novel ever, but on the other hand, I don't give a damn about it. You should learn to let it go too.

Nah I want the anime that's recommended most to me to be good, that's why we need stuff like these out of the picture :P

08-18-12, 4:46 PM

as long as you enjoy the anime, it doesn't matter what rating it gets.. though I guess some rating can help you decide to watch something or not, but good feed back must mean its good no?

I Believe In hate at First sight. [Imagination, Bliss with No Cost.]

08-18-12, 4:47 PM

At the moment...hell yes.
It was ranked #44 before it even fucking aired.
Modified by BloodRequiem, 08-18-12, 4:50 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

08-18-12, 4:55 PM

BloodRequiem said:

not true at all, the ranking had only reached around 70 on the first episode then increased to 32 where it started to decrease to the 40s and now 50s

08-18-12, 5:09 PM

Mikasa said:
plushkin said:

Nah I want the anime that's recommended most to me to be good, that's why we need stuff like these out of the picture :P

Then you're going to have to stop people that like(where is appears on the ratings page has nothing to do with it) this anime from making recommendations for it.

08-18-12, 5:13 PM

kamikaze_1996 said:
BloodRequiem said:

not true at all, the ranking had only reached around 70 on the first episode then increased to 32 where it started to decrease to the 40s and now 50s

Still proves my point.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

08-18-12, 5:15 PM

Anime_Name said:
Mikasa said:
plushkin said:

Then you're going to have to stop people that like(where is appears on the ratings page has nothing to do with it) this anime from making recommendations for it.

Indeed

08-18-12, 5:22 PM

BloodRequiem said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
BloodRequiem said:

Still proves my point.

It proves your point wrong.

08-18-12, 6:21 PM

Yeah it's probably overrated cause the side stories were quite boring but is it bad? NOpe. It's ok, art animation and everything is nice. However there are plenty of better shows

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices