Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2012 2:01 AM
Dec 2011
They had to show that Boob grope again. Are you satisfied fan service fans ? Not yet ?
Aug 26, 2012 1:23 AM
May 2012
God, I hope that sulfur pot guy be returned next time for revenge (see that RESPAWN point?).

Finally, it's time to back to main story about what happened in EP17!

God, I'm havin over-emotional about this till I couldn't forget.
JafriZinAug 30, 2012 7:25 AM
Aug 29, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2012
Awww, what a nice ending to a mediocre episode.
Sep 11, 2012 2:49 PM

Dec 2011
Is it a bad sign for the show in general that I enjoyed these last 2 eps a lot more than I like the main story? *-*
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Sep 15, 2012 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
Whoa, so Megumi really was a retired Burst Linker?! There was no installation step involved, therefore it means Brain Burst was already installed in her, which poses some interesting things.

If she was an old Burst Linker who lost all her points, then maybe the program doesn't get fully uninstalled after all. Or it could be that she had simply decided to call it quits on her own.

Either way, it was definitely a one time type of support deal from an old veteran of the game. If not even Black Lotus could identify her avatar, then she really is one of the old players.

CriKin's improved form was a good nod to the big and boxy super robo anime designs of old. Seems Sulfur Pot and Dusk Taker are both using the same tricks to conceal themselves from would-be challengers.

Anyway, that concludes Hime's Okinawa trip, and we'll dive right back into the treacherous battle back in Tokyo...
Sep 19, 2012 6:55 AM
Oct 2009
2 very refreshing episodes after all the drama that was happening.. seriously I was starting to hate the show a little. thank God for these 2 eps. I enjoyed them :)
Sep 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Jun 2010
It was mentioned by Hime that before Chiyu there were only 2 known healers in Accel World: One is currently a King, the other quit Brain Burst because s/he can't handle being fought over by several legions.

Sep 24, 2012 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode.

Back to the main story! Hopefully.
Oct 11, 2012 2:20 AM

Aug 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
It was mentioned by Hime that before Chiyu there were only 2 known healers in Accel World: One is currently a King, the other quit Brain Burst because s/he can't handle being fought over by several legions.

I'm not too sure about that cause she would have memories and what she did was not healing she just changed the setup.

nice side story though, I enjoyed it better than the actual main one.
Oct 11, 2012 4:29 AM

Jan 2010
...again boring episode ((
I want to see Haruyuki *__*
Nov 24, 2012 3:55 AM

Jan 2012
yawn /10
flaxman85Nov 24, 2012 12:13 PM
Nov 27, 2012 12:56 AM

Nov 2012
Was a great episode, though I wonder what happened to Megumi, and a few other things about her abilities as a burst linker.
Feb 13, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome. Looks like she's heading back home to find out how much in trouble the others are.
Feb 20, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode great fight and interesting ending, would never expect that Megumi could enter their world, I did find it weird she didn't remember a thing other than her dream she had about it!

This was a nice side story with quite a nice ending, lets see what's next and what's happening back in Tokyo while they where on their trip!
Jun 9, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
mind blown.

lol at crikin

Ready for serious business next ep.
Sep 18, 2013 6:56 PM

Aug 2010
Teldara said:
Nasty001 said:
Oh man, another filler episode.

Funny how the Filler is better than the current arc.

Reminds me of how FMP! Fumoffu is a lot more enjoyable than the main story.

Lol maybe to you but I couldn't bring myself to finish the filler episodes. Just want to get back to the main story.
Sep 30, 2013 10:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Digimon Emperor reference with the Dragon, and the yellow characters voice sounded like the Digimon Emperors, oh and the rings too.

Side story was nice, gave viewers a break from the main action, before getting back to it.

Nov 10, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
The matching necklaces were really cute.
Megumi's past is really intriguing and I hope we get to know more later.

One thing I don't really get is the time which passes. Wasn't it mentioned that 1 second in the real world is equivalent to 17 mins in Accel World? If that's true, then even if Megumi took as little as 1 minute to find Hime and connect herself to Unlimited burst, at least 17 hours would have passed for Hime. I'm not sure if I've just mistakened the time equivalents, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
That would also make it near impossible to meet someone in Accel World unless they synchronize their seconds. I also remeber in one ep Haru agreed to meet Taku at 9pm but he only connected at 9.01pm which would mean Taku waited for 17 hours.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Nov 11, 2013 1:56 AM
Nov 2013
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the enemy was some kind of yellow avatar, who is not in the matching list also, with dragon. Kurikin, the legendary red, is Yuusha Robo? lol~

Kuro's friend Megumi was also burst linker? Her avatar is kind of like CCS.

Wow, the two girls' attack is water!!

Mystical Rein?

So they were thinking about the same for the present for each other. Megumi also chose black butterfly on the necklace.

Finally back to Haru next ep.

Em, to be honest, Accel world is very impressive! I like it very much. To tell you the truth, I always go to see the popular cosplay shows here and there. I like their cosplay costumes very much. So, I have been seeing a lot of cosplay costumes on many online stores. However, I have no idea which stores are the best. Oh, what about skycostume store. Can you tell me some advice, please? Thank you very much!
Jan 28, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode the fight was epic.
Megumi's character appear Illya from Fate Series xD
She was strong when she was on Brain Burst,but she "lost it".
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 29, 2014 5:01 PM
Sep 2014
edl01 said:
This episode was really really stupid...not bad mind you but stupid none the less, was I the only one singing the power rangers song when the screw guy was transforming?
I get the feeling that we haven't seen the last of Megumi and her Deus ex Machina ability to see ghosts that make her plug herself in to a strange socket and open a book up to the perfect page and say aloud what is there.

Yay we finally get back to the main plot next episode, I guess it was kind of relevant since we learned the yellow guy is the same type of thing as Nomi and that there is an orginasation but overall this has left me with a slightly sour taste in my mouth.
HAHA yeah I was the same GO GO POWER RANGERS!! even the bad looked like a villain from the show XD
Oct 27, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
pretty good ep
those 2 new girls were adorable ^-^
[/quote]
Oct 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
I don't get how can Megumi enter the room while the other were still in-game???
If it accelerate 1000x and it could have taken around 30 sec for her to follow Hime and enter to the room that would have been more than 8 hours in-game.
Nov 21, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
+1 for metal sex.

Feb 6, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
That side story wasn't really that bad. It's at least good to see an arc within this anime without a crybaby main character. That Megumi thing in Accelareted World didn't really make too much sense, though. Also, it's more than clear now that both Dusk Taker and Sulfur Pot both in fact belong to same organization.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 1, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2009
Yay now we can get back to the important stuff that was rudely interupted.
Dec 24, 2015 11:19 PM

May 2015
Complete BS episode in my opinion. Wasn't expected but neither was needed to skillfully advance the story.
Feb 4, 2021 3:54 PM
Oct 2019
ova part 2

Look, it was nice not having whiny, crybaby ass pig kid around for a change. but what was that? I mean seriously, what the heck. these two episodes were COMPLETELY out of place

1. People in Okinawa have their own language separate from Japanese? This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I wish the dub I was watching translated that Okinawan for the audience
2. The one mermaid girl was some sort of psychic ("shaman?)? what
3. how did butterly friend magically enter the game and do all that stuff and have her memory wiped? makes no sense
4. bolt guy found a modified neuro link in a cafe? I'm sorry but what is that about? Is that supposed to be why butterfly friend had her memory wiped? because it couldn't have been the yellow sulfur guy since he was apparently in Tokyo

beneficial things to the plot:

We have further evidence that there's a group of "next gen" players who don't show up on the user list, who are somehow cheating/manipulating the game. I supposed butterfly is going to eventually use that armament on a monster in Tokyo? Idk...
HagePotPotatoFeb 4, 2021 3:58 PM
Nov 20, 2022 12:24 AM
Oct 2019
didn't expect to see a Megazord in this Anime lol

Wow Megumi avatar was Mahou Shoujo.

no wonder Sulfur Pot voice so familiar, it was Madarame Ikkaku from Bleach.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.