Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2009 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Well done episode

Agreed. Hope it continues to deliver as strong as it has thus far.
Dec 3, 2009 4:55 AM

Sep 2008
Plenty of development and just plain awesome in general. Pretty much what I was expecting. The metronome scene towards the end was almost too cool.
Dec 24, 2009 3:01 AM

Aug 2008
so we've got 2 love stories now. ; 3
kittygoesmadDec 24, 2009 3:42 AM
Mar 12, 2010 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
Wait Kuze dying? Where the hell did that come from? I know the time thing hinted and all...I was guessing if he had some kind of a cardiac condition but DYING is a bit too soon people. Don't depress me.
Mar 15, 2010 1:18 AM

Oct 2009
Ok so I am guessing Himura's sister died in a fire and that watch is the last memory he has of her....guessing also that Yuuko likes him since since he is her first love she did not give up that love even if the separation was long.

Mizuki falling with Kuze is strange since it was purely because of music and on top of that the guy has a obvious illness....guessing it has to do with the heart...if it's terminal then that love will be long lost when he dies...guessing the Metronome thing is like a regulator mentally for him and does he have split personality withing himself from this part=>
On the other hand art keeps impressing me in the ways things are shown like this part=>
GIF belongs here....Hayama nurse.....=>
francismeunierMar 17, 2010 7:08 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 2, 2010 1:22 PM

Feb 2010
I knew it that she was going to like him. What's up with the clones and their mask?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2011 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
DeathfireD said:
errr my worst nightmare for this series has come true. F you Mizuki for making me dread watching this now!

With that said, everything else was great. I agree with miyachan about Kuze having some form of Cardiac Arrhythmia. Although I wouldn't say it's something to shake off or dismiss as none threatening, it can be very life threatening. Kuze could drop dead and go into cardiac arrest at any moment from being over excited. I'm guessing this is why he cut his ties with women and lives isolated (for the most part).

Yu's story seems to have been revealed a bit. Not sure if this is 100% correct but here goes.
1) He was an orphan
2) Was good friends with an orphan girl.
3) Fire brakes out at orphanage and girl dies.
4) Yui becomes heart broken and isolates himself from love, affection, and possibly even people.
5) He meets Yuko, who appears to look exactly like the girl who died in the fire. She constantly follows him and calls him brother.
6) a few years later they meet again in high school. She confesses that he is her first love. She also somehow knows about the watch/fire.

I'm guessing she may have been related to the girl in the orphanage. A family probably only wanted one kid so she was picked, leaving her sister behind with Yui.

Pretty spot on. Im not as captivated by this season as the first one. We'll see if it gets better.
Aug 9, 2011 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
interesting 2nd episode. still nothing that has really drawn me in yet though. i hope it does next ep.
Nov 5, 2012 3:50 AM

May 2012
Interesting episode, the backstory was quite nice and the ending was quite interesting as well but something doesn't feel right for now, lets see what's next!

Nice ED!
Feb 11, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2012
What the heck is wrong with young Yu's voice, he sounds like he swallowed a flute.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jun 12, 2013 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting beginning so far. I'm liking it. I thought Memories had a better opening, and I get the feeling that I won't like this quite as well, since I really connected with all the characters in Memories. But we'll see. It's still early in the series.
Sep 6, 2013 12:51 AM

Nov 2012
ahh I see.. I started to understand who is the girl called yuuko now :3
okay episode..
and mizuki :3
Oct 13, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe I'm just getting used to this style, but so far, I somehow like this season more than the previous one. It seems more serious (may I even say darker?), and the wholeheartedness with which they created those stunning visuals (including effects and timing) is almost palpable. The funny parts (like the scene where Kuze-san is being dragged on the floor) are fitting well, and it's just the right amount for me. The ecchi-ish scenes are not crossing any borders on my side either.
Yuuko is pretty impressive as a character. I liked her in the previous season as well.
The OP and ED are also somewhat better but I'm still not a fan of them.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Feb 16, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2013
Nice episode c:
Apr 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
Dafuq are those faces. My Brain hurts from watching this series
Jul 13, 2014 1:39 AM
Mar 2014
With this episode, I felt: meh. I was glad to get some more background on Yuu Himura, and more info on Yuuko Amamiya, but over all...it was okay. I'm still trying to get over the fact that the main characters in the last season are merely side characters now, and most haven't even been shown, nor mentioned. Either way, I am looking forward to learning more about the side characters of the first season, who are the main characters now. I do expect to see Hirono, Miyako, Kei and especially Chihiro and Renji...TOGETHER please. I need SOMETHING more.
Aug 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2013
Kuze, play the violin. Why not?
That random confession lol.
Oct 21, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
So far I don't really like it... Moving really slow and although the animation is beautiful, a lot of it is being used in excess IMO. We'll see maybe I'll change my mind soon, I guess the story does have to be developed before it can proceed
Mar 29, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
well that confession at the end was not unexpected I hope this season isn't focused around him
[/quote]
Apr 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Are Kuze an illness? It was a mystery. Yuu had a traumatic past?

I think this series will equal the previous series, there are two ways in which different story, namely Kuze-Mizuki and Yuuko-Yuu.

Btw, opening and closing songs are not much different from the previous series. Nothing too exciting, but have characteristic.
Jul 14, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
himura yuuko arc is great

damn kuze scores again

burning letters, even from nagi? damn playboy

this show is growing strong

so far only renji appears out of all the mcs of memories, wish can see more cameos

beautiful end art/ep preview of mizuki
Sep 29, 2015 10:33 PM

Jan 2014
Who's gonna have sex first this time, I wonder.
Oct 26, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
So they both were in an orphanage and Yuu had a sister...I like it that Yuuko stills in love with Yuu.
Nov 12, 2015 1:18 PM

May 2015
Part of me thinks is cute, but the other part hopes its one sided. There seems to be a very big age gap between Mizuki and Kuze. Maybe if she was seventeen or something. Either way, her crush on Kei disappeared pretty quickly, lol.

I'm a bit disappointed that the other characters aren't going to appear, though I suppose that's because their story has been concluded. I wish there'd been a bit more of a conclusion with Renji and Chihiro and Kei and Kyosuke, though. One was unclear and the other was unfinished. I'm hoping we'll see some of them, though.

Anyway, as for Yuuko making Yuu "forget," I'm still convinced that Yuu has magical powers or something. I originally thought she was some sort of spirit who took the form of a paper airplane, lol. Well, at least now we know the significance of paper airplanes now.
SuranaNov 12, 2015 5:25 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 12, 2015 1:40 PM

May 2015
FestinaLente said:
Who's gonna have sex first this time, I wonder.

It's a race lol
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 13, 2015 12:01 AM

Jan 2010
erm....after watching a true romance series days ago (Lamune)...that I love you seemed...pushed...lol

dunno if i can hold with this until the end...it still keeps me enough to move on but it's bland...not everything that tries to look deep is that deep. It just tries too hard, as the Ef~memories..

3/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 16, 2016 9:59 PM

Mar 2015
Another 2 Love stories happening at the same time. Thats ef for ya.

I thought Mizuki is all on the way for Kei but she chose Kuze. Im more interested on Mizuki romance than Yuuko.

3.1/5
Jan 10, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the flashbacks.
Jul 17, 2017 12:17 AM
Jun 2017
Assistir aos dois primeiros episódios de Tales of Melodies,a história é simples,até legal,mas não repete a arte primorosa e poética da primeira temporada. So em alguns momentos tem efeitos visuais bonito,mas é pouco,ainda é um anime razoável,minha expectativa que melhore e me surpreenda.
Nov 10, 2017 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah something has to be wrong with Kuze....he's the Chihiro of this show it seems like.
Jan 8, 2020 1:57 PM

Sep 2017
Is it just me or is Mizuki is much different (and worse) character than in the first season? I mean we barely got anything out of her but still. And being in love with Kuze, who's much older, after knowing him for like 2 days is so unbelievably boring. Well the other story seems interesting anyway.
Sep 7, 2022 8:50 AM

May 2018
ngl I thought we would get the love confessions near the end of the show, not now xD
ByniavoSep 7, 2022 8:55 AM
Nov 30, 2023 5:51 PM

Jan 2010
ef - a tale of melodies feels like an anime about characters whom detest things that they have, and desire things they can't obtain. As they stand to forever lose the things that they have, they'll struggle to retain them. Or, as they get close to obtaining things they thought they couldn't attain, they flee. For the former, it feels like the characters take for granted the things they have, kicking them around like a wounded puppy, expecting the puppy to constantly crawl back just to get kicked again. Conversely, the latter feels like the characters prefer chasing unobtainable things, but are scared of what happens after finally obtaining what they desired. In a way, its frustrating to watch these characters constantly struggle with understanding what they expect from others and themselves.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.