Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, Naru is back. Some spectacular aerial battles this episode but overall, was decent.
Aug 16, 2012 12:58 PM

May 2009
Just looked at pictures from episode. Unexpected
Aug 16, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:

Why do I always click on spoilers before I watch the episode.
Aug 16, 2012 5:49 PM

Nov 2007
The people were shocked that Naru joins the fight.

lol @ the announcer's quick countdown between 2 and 1.

It seems like the bomb/quarts responded with Nilvarsh and became its weapon... and he arrived to another dimension with no Chloe and their teams? What's happening??

1:55 next ep., that means airing later?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2012 6:08 PM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
The people were shocked that Naru joins the fight.

lol @ the announcer's quick countdown between 2 and 1.

It seems like the bomb/quarts responded with Nilvarsh and became its weapon... and he arrived to another dimension with no Chloe and their teams? What's happening??

1:55 next ep., that means airing later?

1:55 is the normal airing time.
Aug 16, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2007
Tyrel said:
1:55 is the normal airing time.

Oh ok. Sorry.
tsubasaloverAug 16, 2012 7:08 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2012 10:40 PM

Jan 2010
Was I the only one hoping that when he fired that gun he would be teleported to the future and finally see Renton?
Aug 16, 2012 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
rorinmaru said:
Was I the only one hoping that when he fired that gun he would be teleported to the future and finally see Renton?

Nope ;(
Aug 16, 2012 10:47 PM

Sep 2011
Uhh..What happened to Team Goldilockss? LOL.

I feel that the weapon Ao fired had something to do with it and somehow destroyed/Teleported the Scub there, thus vanishing the people who once lived there before.
Aug 16, 2012 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:

I feel that the weapon Ao fired had something to do with it and somehow destroyed/Teleported the Scub there, thus vanishing the people who once lived there before.

A gun that re-writes time? Meh, doesnt fit this anime :P
QuiGonJonAug 16, 2012 11:00 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 16, 2012 10:54 PM

Jul 2012
When I saw the quartz reacting like that I was hoping it would cause some sort of burst that would kill the secrets and transport him to the universe of Eureka Seven, but the gun was pretty cool too I guess :P

Team Goldilocks in preview, so Im guessing everything gets sorted next episode. Curious to see what will happen.

Eureka in last episodes preview turning out to be just a dream... man that was disappointing :/

Still confused about naru... what side's she on? lol

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 16, 2012 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
So the quartz ca materialize into a weapon and who knows (accessories?) and Ao just went into an alter dimension a la Steins;Gate? lol

Didn't bother to see the preview, but I hope things don't go bad in one swoop.
Aug 16, 2012 11:24 PM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:

Yea, possibly that's what I was thinking also.

I'm more keen on knowing exactly the details of that strange weapon though. Perhaps Truth knows more about it.
Aug 16, 2012 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Was a great episode, overall; that climax with the quartz-weapon was awesome. After using said-weapon, however, it seems the timeline was changed to where the plant coral in Norway, where the McCaffreys were raised, never existed, and consequently, never gave them their trapar-mutated brains, thus, never joining Gen Bleu as pilots. It's hard to say, however, why Maggie never made it in, but judging by next episode, that'll probably be explored.

...I have theories as to why this happened, but it'll take a bit to coherently lay that out, and I've gotta sleep.
DangerrAug 17, 2012 1:06 AM
Aug 17, 2012 12:23 AM

Jul 2012
This series has been confusing since episode 14... Ahhh i don't get it anymore!!
Aug 17, 2012 12:36 AM

Jan 2011
As if this show wasn't confusing enough this 2 week break and this episode didn't help at all! did the Nirvash's weapon erase people of that town? at first i thought ao changed worlds
Aug 17, 2012 1:24 AM
Jun 2011
i think this show must be watched when its all done, that way i wouldnt wait and be confused and angry
Aug 17, 2012 1:25 AM

Jul 2012
Bad episode. Really bad.

Now with this "super gun" (which may not be a time machine, but a key to parallel reality) it is possible to do any twist in the story, and say - Hey this is the "gun enabled features!!". No need to take care about logical connections any more, no need to link it with the original E7, and even, in the end it may turn out that original E7 have never happened, because everything was fixed up in the current time/dimension/story.
For this moment, it looks like Bones, have chosen a way of minimum thinking about the story as now it is easy to explain any stupid move with this "time/dimension" thing.

This is my opinion only, of course.
Aug 17, 2012 1:45 AM

Oct 2011
Tyrel said:
bastek66 said:

Because you like to know what's gonna happen ;D.

Anyway,

OK, I know that my theories are shit, but E7A is mindfucking anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 1:51 AM

Feb 2011
What's with that Cannon D:
also does a time leap occured on the series?
Aug 17, 2012 1:52 AM

Feb 2011
DJ007 said:
Tyrel said:
bastek66 said:

Anyway,

i go with the 1st possible theory .. maybe a time leaping occured on the series
Aug 17, 2012 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
Nice episode..... But what's the deal with that big quartz weapon... And does it have some kind of dimensional interference effect as it seemed to be erased team Goldilocks from the existence... ?

4/5
Aug 17, 2012 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
nice action packed episode lots of areial combat but what the fuck happened in the end? another time leap? this is looking like Steins;Gate lol

one thing i observe is that maybe the Scub Corals are really causing the time leap phenomenon, since they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and now is the cause of the new time leap without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*
Aug 17, 2012 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
DJ007 said:
Tyrel said:
bastek66 said:

Anyway,

I doubt they were just erased form everyone's memory, apparently the whole plant/city was gone

Aug 17, 2012 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, that looked awesome at the end and Team Goldilocks never existed in this dimension, what did that cannon do?!
Aug 17, 2012 4:17 AM

May 2009
That Quartz Cannon most likely erased scub that was in Norway from existance, thus girls don't have ability to pilot IFOs.
Aug 17, 2012 4:37 AM

May 2010
bout time after 2 week not having it, anyway so it seem when Ao fired that back ass laser somehow, he jump into a alternate space time so no goldilocks?
Aug 17, 2012 4:39 AM
Aug 2012
I agree with dangerr and bastek66, for me it seems like AO restored the natural the timeline by erasing the temporal print of the norway scub.

By doing that, noone went to exploit the scab that came here from the futur.

So no child developped a trappar mutation wich lead to no team goldilock.

My 2 cent is that AO créated a weapon able to heal the damage dealt to the timeline by the scab coral.
Aug 17, 2012 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
I should have known something crazy was going to happen again.
Aug 17, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2011
prismheart said:
I should have known something crazy was going to happen again.
As usuall ;D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 5:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved the action in this episode and seeing the annoying Truth looking pissed is always a bonus, but what in the sweet name of the gods of Anime is going on? I'm guessing the quartz messes with time and we now have some kind of Steins Gate like timeline thing going on?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 17, 2012 7:23 AM
Jul 2012
I'm going with the theory that the gun is a repair tool of some kind. It tkaes things foreign to this dimension and removes them.
Aug 17, 2012 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
Unlike some people on this forum, I'm not going to jump to conclusions as to what happened (time travel, dimensional travel, etc.) and let things play out. In my history of "jumping to conclusions", I always seem to be wrong.

However, I did think that this was a very interesting twist. It makes the viewer wonder even more what the hell is happening and in this series' case, I think that's a good thing.
Aug 17, 2012 7:48 AM

Dec 2009
Lost the Anime.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 17, 2012 8:28 AM
Jul 2012
what is going on...

I agree with Bastek's theory, though.
Aug 17, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2011
Anyone notice how the Nirvash MK2 never did the quartz pickup on its own? It was always Alleluia and Kyrie that did the pickup. Activating via the Nirvash, and AO's emotions at the time, it must have reacted to that combo of variables; much like other things have reacted to Eureka and Renton in the past of the series.

Unsure what the effect was, but it was most likely a dimensional skip, not to Eureka's "world line" but rather a minor change to a "world line" where Team Goldilocks was never formed.

They still have the weapon, so we can be sure that Ao will end up using it again, and probably will end up in Eureka's "world line" sooner or later.

PS: Naru's allegiance can be broken down this way. Naru wants to fight the Secrets, and protect the Scub Coral. Eureka, presses the fact that the Secrets are not enemies, and makes 'use' of the scub coral. We don't know which is "right" at the moment, but it makes for an interesting dynamic, considering both Naru and Eureka are assumed to be Coralians.
BRSxIgnitionAug 17, 2012 9:49 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Aug 17, 2012 9:54 AM
Aug 2012
j0x said:
nice action packed episode lots of areial combat but what the fuck happened in the end? another time leap? this is looking like Steins;Gate lol

one thing i observe is that maybe the Scub Corals are really causing the time leap phenomenon, since they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and now is the cause of the new time leap without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*

We should also remember that the Scub Corals can change the laws of physics at their own will. Anything could've happened.
Aug 17, 2012 11:10 AM
Jan 2011
So, Naru joins the fight, but the question is who's side is she with?
Aug 17, 2012 11:23 AM

Oct 2011
Nasty001 said:
So, Naru joins the fight, but the question is who's side is she with?
Look up two posts - I already explained it.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Aug 17, 2012 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
Renton saves Ao from Ocean next episode... I'm putting my money on this one.

ORR

Renton shows up in Nirvarsh and lends a hand (preview of next episode)

OR

Renton doesn't show up and Bones makes me wait longer -_-
Aug 17, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2008
LucarioNate said:
Renton saves Ao from Ocean next episode... I'm putting my money on this one.

ORR

Renton shows up in Nirvarsh and lends a hand (preview of next episode)

OR

Renton doesn't show up and Bones makes me wait longer -_-

I wouldn't count on next ep. Maybe the one after, but I'm guessing it's gonna be around 2 eps. down the road, giving us around 4 episodes to deal with PoP content / aftermath.
Aug 17, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
rorinmaru said:
That was what i was hoping too

I am beginning to believe that we might never see the present day Eureka. Until of course the very end
AnimaRO64Aug 17, 2012 12:10 PM
Aug 17, 2012 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
And everyone ignores my explanation of the events in this episode... Le sigh...
Aug 17, 2012 12:18 PM
Apr 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
Happens all the time, mate. ;p
Aug 17, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2008
BRSxIgnition said:

I don't think anyone will argue that Naru's sided with the Coral (unless they haven't been paying attention). The real mystery is Truth; at first glance it seems he's with the Coralians, but was angered with the Polaris plan, which entailed the wiping out of Secrets. I feel he may be using Naru for some greater agenda (See: his cooperation with Nakamura), and isn't actually on the Scub's side, though Secrets are also clearly his enemies.

Something else to note; the immediate Secret threat may be over, but the Scubs around the world are still active, aren't they? Non-benign scub... perhaps they're going to start propegating / assimilating again?

Cue the next conflict.
Aug 17, 2012 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was pretty fun, the only issue I had was the Canon Cannon.

Which literally was a cannon that changed the canon, and came completely out of nowhere.

I hope it gets explained in the next episode.
Aug 17, 2012 1:08 PM
Oct 2010
pertty awesome ep. did like those f22 like jets :D

wtf. parallel world of some sort or something?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 17, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
KWDzero said:
This episode was pretty fun, the only issue I had was the Canon Cannon.

Which literally was a cannon that changed the canon, and came completely out of nowhere.

I hope it gets explained in the next episode.

Lol, canon cannon, I like that

Aug 17, 2012 4:45 PM
May 2012
Maybe this is the true purpose of this Nirvash. Renton must have built it with an ability to manipulate the quartz like what just happened to undo all the space-time damage. If this is true, like everyone else, I don't know how he did it but I have the feeling that even though Eureka was able to pilot it, it was truly made for their child, in this case: Ao. I'm almost for certain that Renton will finally come in the next episode or 2 because he is the only one that can answer any of this. The only other one that could would be Eureka, but it seems they won't show her present self until the very end of the anime (sadly).

I love this anime because to my eyes it is really good and because it is Eureka Seven's squeal, but I am tired of all this waiting. Just hurry up and finally answer these things and get Renton over here. I don't want it to end too fast but I at least want Ao to truly meet his parents if it's at least only one.
Aug 17, 2012 5:27 PM
Jul 2012
Am i the only one who still can't figure out who the true villain is or even if there is one? Anyways solid episode and i think if renton were to show up next episode it would be at the very end like eureka
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.