Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2012 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was wrong, it was the part-time guy who was the one that in the water. Wow, he's pure.

Even if he spilled it out, she thought it's the sister in law who said about the past story. The date continued even after her confession. The message he left after that night almost spilled who's inside the guy.

Not sure if that huge red thing that the part-time guy takes care of has any importance.

Wait, why did she see the ghost guy for a short while at the end? And why did he left along with the part-timer guy's body?? Does the ghost intend to leave him in the space of stories forever?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
So beautiful... *O*
This show is a masterpiece.
I started sobbing when Rokka came back to see Shimao-kun (even if it was just an illusion).. And the flower arrangements were amazing.

I love Shimao-kun. I know everybody thinks he's annoying for not letting Rokka move on or not giving Hazuki his body back, but when I think about the pain he's going through, it just breaks my heart to pieces. Even more than my sympathy for Rokka. To have sex with the one you love, knowing that your body isn't your one... So beautifully sad.
The flashback to their horticulture school days made me shed a tear. :')

Not that I hate Hazuki though.. He's really a selfless person, loving Rokka even in her confusion with her feelings. I think it's right that Rokka should move on in the future. But with Shimao-kun watching... Ouch. :/

I'm not sure whether this show will end up revealing the truth about the body swapping to Rokka. It could go in that direction, but without her actually seeing Shimao-kun, it's not likely that she would believe anything.

As for Hazuki's story world thing, nothing too interesting there, just supported what happened in the real world. I'm certain Shimao-kun will release his body even as soon as the next episode, but not for sure.

Anyway, great episode again.
Oh, and it looks like a way may have opened for Shimao-kun to "go to heaven" with his last words that he wrote.. I hope that's taken advantage of, because I can't bear to see Shimao like this anymore :'( And then Rokka and Hazuki can grow their love as well. :)

5/5
fishergirl16Aug 16, 2012 1:47 PM
Aug 16, 2012 2:05 PM

Feb 2012

Rokka is adorable :D
Aug 16, 2012 2:09 PM

Jun 2008
fishergirl16 said:
So beautiful... *O*
This show is a masterpiece.

I love Shimao-kun. I know everybody thinks he's annoying for not letting Rokka move on or not giving Hazuki his body back, but when I think about the pain he's going through, it just breaks my heart to pieces.

Not that I hate Hazuki though.. He's really a selfless person, loving Rokka even in her confusion with her feelings. I think it's right that Rokka should move on in the future. But with Shimao-kun watching... Ouch. :/

5/5

OMG, you just put my thoughts in to words. Thank you ;_____________; Shimaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I love you T____T*sobs* I know I will cry when he goes to Heaven ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 16, 2012 2:41 PM

Dec 2008
I think Rokka already suspects that Shimao is in Hazuki's body. If it's not that, then she's starting to feel like Hazuki is SO much like Shimao that she can no longer tell them apart. Especially when she saw all the flowers in the shop!

My heart is bleeding for Shimao, and I can totally understand his selfishness, but poor Rokka has gotten incredibly confused as a result of it. So, Shimao creates this mess and then just leaves? Where is he going? So far away that when he finally gives Hazuki his body back he's unable to find his way back home? I could actually see Shimao doing something like that! LOL!!

Hazuki's selflessness is amazing! He admitted that he was more than willing to take on the burden of both Rokka and Shimao. Hazuki may be young, poor, and lacking in qualifications, but he definitely deserves UBER kudos for having such a heart of gold. I've just fallen even more in love with him!
Aug 16, 2012 2:57 PM

Oct 2011
Oh god. This show is so sad! Im glad shimao FINALY kissed her tho
but it was in hazuki's body! and He had sex with her ?)BUT IN HAZUKI"S BODY!,WOW i thought shimao hated the guy..but then he just left her!!!! UGH

This show is such a troll! I do not know what paring i suport at the moment ,and i usualy know on the first episodes of a series.
ANyway i was realy happy with this episode ,im glad rokka has an idea about Hazuki and Shimao atleast...
I can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
Shimao. :(

When Shimao passes on I'm going to cry a bucket. ;A;

I think Rokka will eventually figure out it's Shimao...? She'll know but won't say anything.

Dammit. I want to watch more!!
Aug 16, 2012 3:12 PM
Jul 2008
Did they have sex?
Aug 16, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
Jeez poor guy(Shimao) sleeping with your wife in your rival's body. Was relieved to see him let go of his childish attitude though and come to terms that he has to leave Rokka even though she bound him to Earth.

Other Thoughts

I wonder if Rokka will ever know that Atsushi was possessing Hazuki?

It was easy to pick up that Shimao was trying to get rid of the things that bound him to Rokka but what was the point of him setting the flowers like that at the end? Could someone explain to me if possible XD
Aug 16, 2012 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
These thoughts are copied from what I wrote elsewhere:

Another really beautiful episode, but, unfortunately, I do have one or two complaints and worries.

Although somewhat foreseeable, a few of Shimao's actions in this episode, particularly having sex with Rokka, were rather disappointing and further established him as the character I like the least. Although the writing seems to want to portray him in a highly sympathetic manner, he ultimately takes a few steps back whenever his selfishness goes into overdrive. He also lacks the clairvoyance to understand how this could end up hurting Rokka quite a bit, if ever she learns the truth. He's still quite sympathetic, but his inability to let go has been dragged on for too long, and I'm hoping this development will finally occur in the next episode.

Hazuki continues to be considerably more intriguing, which is why the lack of focus on his character over the last several episodes has been rather disappointing. He's nearly become completely secondary. His selflessness in his ability and willingness to carry the burden of both Shimao and Rokka allows his character to be far more endearing than Shimao's. Due to the present circumstances, I was rather hoping there wouldn't be any further progress in the relationship between Hazuki and Rokka until he returned, but, unfortunately, he's completely missed out on most of the significant developments that have happened up to this point, all of which might then be seriously threatened if she becomes aware of Shimao's existence within his body. I hope he'll be able to return soon though, so there could actually be some meaningful growth between them before the story concludes.

All in all, a thoroughly interesting, melancholic, and beautiful episode, that was lessened a bit due to a few problems I have with the narrative. It remains one of the best of the year though, without question, and I do have confidence that it will conclude the story in a satisfying and intelligent fashion.
Aug 16, 2012 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
confuser987 said:
Did they have sex?

Looks like it there was one futon and, two pillows and, she was naked so I think it's more then less safe to say yes they did.
Aug 16, 2012 3:56 PM
Apr 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Jeez poor guy(Shimao) sleeping with your wife in your rival's body. Was relieved to see him let go of his childish attitude though and come to terms that he has to leave Rokka even though she bound him to Earth.

Other Thoughts

I wonder if Rokka will ever know that Atsushi was possessing Hazuki?

It was easy to pick up that Shimao was trying to get rid of the things that bound him to Rokka but what was the point of him setting the flowers like that at the end? Could someone explain to me if possible XD

Can't remember exactly how it happened but a few eps back there was a flashback when Shimao was alive and he was telling Rokka something about selling flowers to customers. Like arranging the most beautiful upfront and letting them decide. (Ep6 11 mins in)
FightingFistoAug 16, 2012 4:42 PM
Aug 16, 2012 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
Hybridbloodszak said:

Clearly it was a "goodbye" gift. Give her something they both love and that made them happy (and that´s why she saw Shimao´s vision of him smiling in the middle of the flowers). He took all his stuff and presented her with flower arrangements since he really didnt have time to say goodbye as he wished when he died. It was the parting he wanted to have with her but never could because he died at the hospital.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 16, 2012 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
Lelouch22 said:

Couldn't have put it any better myself^^ And where is Shimao going? a road trip? -_-

I really do hope Hazuki does gain his body back soon, he really is missing out on alot lol. But in saying that, things will probably just be a whole alot more complicated anyway once he does Dx
Aug 16, 2012 4:30 PM
Apr 2012
Lelouch22 said:

"Although somewhat foreseeable, a few of Shimao's actions in this episode, particularly having sex with Rokka, were rather disappointing and further established him as the character I like the least."

I think anyone would be curious to see if the person that the loved, took vows with, spent portions of their lives together, etc would be willing to love another person.

"Although the writing seems to want to portray him in a highly sympathetic manner, he ultimately takes a few steps back whenever his selfishness goes into overdrive."

Are you saying that Shimao takes pity on other people or are you saying that we should feel sorry for him? And who wouldn't be selfish when someone is trying to steal your wife? I don't really understand what you wrote there but I'm not really thinking to hard so if you feel like clarifying I thanks you

"He also lacks the clairvoyance to understand how this could end up hurting Rokka quite a bit, if ever she learns the truth. "

After Rokka had sex with the person she thought was Hazuki, Shimao his belonging up that Rokka had kept after he died. That more than likely means he is giving up on Rokka and will let Hazuki take over. That flower arrangement at the end of the ep wasn't all that subtle at hiding his true identity but prior to that he has been acting like Hazuki

"He's still quite sympathetic, but his inability to let go has been dragged on for too long, and I'm hoping this development will finally occur in the next episode."

It happened in this episode. Hazuki will probably be getting his body back in the next.

"Hazuki continues to be considerably more intriguing, which is why the lack of focus on his character over the last several episodes has been rather disappointing."
Idk about that seems like his top priority as of late has been trying to bang "Taicho"(Is that how you say it? xD)

"He's nearly become completely secondary. His selflessness in his ability and willingness to carry the burden of both Shimao and Rokka allows his character to be far more endearing than Shimao's."

What exactly did he mean by "carry the burden"? The burden of being the 2nd one loved? I know they said that line in the ep but what exactly is the meaning?

"Due to the present circumstances, I was rather hoping there wouldn't be any further progress in the relationship between Hazuki and Rokka until he returned, but, unfortunately, he's completely missed out on most of the significant developments that have happened up to this point, all of which might then be seriously threatened if she becomes aware of Shimao's existence within his body."

He missed out on being confessed to and then having sex with her, thats pretty much it. Oh and also hes losing a rival, thats pretty significant. I'm a little afraid of the repercussion of her finding out the truth also. Will she be able to continue the relationship with Hazuki or will she end up wanting him to act as an intermediary between her and Shimao?
Aug 16, 2012 5:21 PM

Nov 2008
Lelouch22 said:

I agree 100% with this. I was not happy with Shimao-kun using Hazuki's body to sleep with Rokka, for whatever reason. I like the story and everything, but at the same time I'm like dead people should just move on, wouldn't work here obviously, but can't help it.

Also I don't think all Hazuki missed out on was sex and the confession. I mean Rokka has been spending quality time with him, and he's not really experiencing any of it, b/c Shimao is using his body. If anything I'm thinking he is missing out on quite a lot.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 16, 2012 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
In opposite to the other posters above I keep it rather short and shallow:
That was the most boring episode so far. It felt as if basically nothing happend.
Just some hints as the sex, Shimao opening up a little and perhaps getting a better goodbye than dying in the hospital when he leaves with his stuff (all of those books in that bagpack? Really? If not what was in there? His cloths that Rokka-chan kept?).

Don't get me wrong, this episode had its atmosphere and such and the prior episodes were good with Shimao in Hazukis body but at some point this body swapping gets boring and I think it was exactly at this episode.
I hope Hazuki gets back next episode otherwise..I'm not sure if I care to watch the episode entirely/carefully.
Aug 16, 2012 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
FightingFisto said:
I think anyone would be curious to see if the person that the loved, took vows with, spent portions of their lives together, etc would be willing to love another person.

I'm quite certain Shimao was already aware of her ability to love another person prior to this episode. I didn't mind the theme of spending "one last day" with her. But some of his actions, primarily having sex with her, were quite selfish due to the lack of consideration for others, particularly Hazuki.

Are you saying that Shimao takes pity on other people or are you saying that we should feel sorry for him? And who wouldn't be selfish when someone is trying to steal your wife? I don't really understand what you wrote there but I'm not really thinking to hard so if you feel like clarifying I thanks you

My meaning is that Shimao is a sympathetic person due to the pain of his situation, but he too often relies on that pain without considering the pain Rokka might feel if she found out the truth and what Hazuki might feel knowing all the development he missed with her. I do understand his selfishness, but felt that it took too long for him to realize that Hazuki was never stealing her; he was only helping her move on in a way that Shimao, himself, could no longer do, and that this act of Hazuki's would inevitably be best for her. Thankfully, he did finally seem to realize that in this episode.

After Rokka had sex with the person she thought was Hazuki, Shimao his belonging up that Rokka had kept after he died. That more than likely means he is giving up on Rokka and will let Hazuki take over. That flower arrangement at the end of the ep wasn't all that subtle at hiding his true identity but prior to that he has been acting like Hazuki

I understand that Shimao has been relatively cautious while in Hazuki's body, but he should have considered Rokka realizing the truth as an inevitability, since the more he experiences with Rokka, the more risk there is of her breaking a bit if she finds out.

It happened in this episode. Hazuki will probably be getting his body back in the next.

That was actually a mistake on my part. I meant to clarify that I hope Shimao will move on entirely in the next episode, thus allowing Hazuki to return to his body.

What exactly did he mean by "carry the burden"? The burden of being the 2nd one loved? I know they said that line in the ep but what exactly is the meaning?

I believe that dialogue was basically him admitting that he will forever be willing to help carry all the emotional baggage that Rokka will deal with, and that he was also willing to lend his body to Shimao in order for him to properly move on, both of which require a considerable amount of selflessness and which, by themselves, are rather heavy burdens to carry.

He missed out on being confessed to and then having sex with her, thats pretty much it. Oh and also hes losing a rival, thats pretty significant. I'm a little afraid of the repercussion of her finding out the truth also. Will she be able to continue the relationship with Hazuki or will she end up wanting him to act as an intermediary between her and Shimao?

Both of those are rather substantial experiences in the development of a new relationship. Also, there's been quite a lot of qualty emotional development and growth that has affected the state of their relationship that Hazuki wasn't able to experience with her, making said development a bit meaningless. I suppose he's losing a "rival", but I never considered Shimao an actual rival to begin with. Since the message of this is about the difficulty of truly "moving on", I've always expected that act to be the symbolic conclusion of the story for both Rokka and Shimao. Even if she finds out, I do still believe that she'll be able to continue her relationship with Hazuki, but probably not without several more emotional scars and an even lengthier amount of hesitant consideration before she develops further with Hazuki, which is undeniably a step back from where he would have been if he had never given his body to Shimao.
Lelouch22Aug 16, 2012 8:02 PM
Aug 16, 2012 6:21 PM

Feb 2009
Wow. I feel for Shimao, but he stole away Hazuki's first time with Rokka (possibly his virginity in general too?) and also stole away that moment of confession. :/

Every moment that passes where he's in Hazuki's body I'm just dying to yell at Rokka that it's not actually Hazuki!
Aug 16, 2012 6:23 PM

May 2012
Oh my.. Hazuki is really missing a lot from this... but I still like the interaction between him and the "other" Rokka. Esp when he gave her his clothes.. he was sooo cute.
Aug 16, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
I kind of hated this episode tbh especially since shimao had sex with her in hazukis body. Is that what your "love" comes down to? physical interaction? I just struct a nerve for me. The fact that he constantly is making Rokka confused and possibily making things worse for the relationship. I will be happy when he leaves, he is an annoyance.
Aug 16, 2012 6:51 PM

May 2008
Shimao is playing mind-games with Rokka. Hopefully Hazuki resolves this soon.
Aug 16, 2012 8:08 PM

Sep 2007
ARG....this ep felt almost like filler to me D=
*HEADDESKS*

Also: I can't even imagine Hazuki's reaction after he finds out everything he's missed....just that it potentially could be traumatizing xD;
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 16, 2012 9:10 PM
Feb 2012
This show has everything that in theory is supposed to make it beautiful but these past 2 episodes made me dislike Rokka and her nasty hat.

She's weird in a creepy way.
There's Hazuki and the poor guy is willing to be second place and I can't help but think he deserves better even if he loves her.

Shimao just leave him alone already.
He's just been fucking around in that body and now even literally.
I was feeling sympathetic and now I don't even care.

This could have been such a masterpiece level anime, but the relationships and characters are turning out to be kind of shallow.

Not saying I don't like drama but I don't like the feeling the drama here leaves me with.

The more episodes pass the more the score in my head keeps going down.
Aug 16, 2012 9:51 PM
Aug 16, 2012 9:54 PM
Nov 2008
Every episode leaves me disliking the current scenario more and more. All this development between Rokka and [complicated ambiguity] just isn't fair to anyone! Even if Shimao gives Hazuki back his body at this point, what's going to happen? "Oh, all that? Wasn't me, it was the ghost of your dead husband*SLAP*". Really, this is the kind of development I wanted to see between Rokka and Hazuki. Throwing Shimao into the mix just makes me uncomfortable on so many levels.
Aug 17, 2012 1:07 AM
Jan 2011
I think I can see the ending... -.-

What about Shimao and Hazuki are becoming one? I dont see where this could get any good at the ending when Shimao is completely gone and Hazuki is back in his own body when he dont know what Shimao did with his body.
Man Shimao pisses me off....
Aug 17, 2012 1:52 AM

Mar 2009
Sex? In my anime?!
Aug 17, 2012 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
Shimao GTFO seriously
Mormegil said:
Sex? In my anime?!

yes and Hazuki expression will be priceless when he finds out about that XD
Aug 17, 2012 4:46 AM

Aug 2009
Shouldn't Shimao get abstinence symptoms from restraining from smoking while in Hazuki's body? ;)
Aug 17, 2012 5:43 AM

Oct 2011
I wouldn't say this episode was awful, but it certainly wasn't one of the best so far.

Looking at the preview for next week it appears Hazuki is not returning to his body just yet.

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Aug 17, 2012 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
Oh god, Shimao is such a massive faggot, he literally NTRd himself.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 17, 2012 9:08 AM

Mar 2012
So were they having sex?
Keep moving forward
Aug 17, 2012 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
It's been 3 episodes already. Shimao still hasn't given back Hazuki's body yet. What exactly does he want? Shimao is starting to get annoying. He can't seem to make up his mind whether to be happy that he's able to spend time with Rokka and touch her or to be jealous that Rokka believes he is actually Hazuki. He pulls a dick move in the end by sleeping with her then disappearing. It's that kind of indecisiveness that's keeping him from rebirth. Selfish bastard. If he really loves her he'd let her go and be happy with Hazuki. Meanwhile, Rokka is more confused then ever and Hazuki is still stuck in wonderland.
Aug 17, 2012 9:26 AM
Feb 2012
Even though I knew it would happen, I still disliked seeing Shimao take advantage of Hazuki's body. Sure, it's understandable to an extent that he can't let go of Rokka (yet, hopefully) but it's just controversial to see him sleep with her while knowing that it's wrong and pointless basically.
Now that he's took all of his belongings with him, I just hope that Rokka gets to meet him one last time before finally biding farewell for good. She's not dumb and already realized that it's Shimao in some form.

Regarding our lost protagonist- it's entertaining to see his thoughts and the interactions with the Rokka-version in Shimao's mind. He's getting more and more information about 'the prince' and that promises for a good conclusion in my eyes. Everything will hopefully be resolved nicely in the remaining four episodes and concerning this week's episode's score I can't but rate it with 5/5.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 17, 2012 9:28 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so Shoma was able to bang Rokka, so wtf was he still doing in Hazuki's body?
Aug 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
hazuki need to turn back as soon as possible, he's missing too much
Aug 17, 2012 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Rokka becomes really confused this episode. Having just confessed her love for Hazuki, she starts to notice that he has some traits of her late husband.

tsubasalover said:
Wait, why did she see the ghost guy for a short while at the end? And why did he left along with the part-timer guy's body?? Does the ghost intend to leave him in the space of stories forever?

She saw Shimao because of all the arranged flowers on the floor. They were arranged exactly the same way Shimao did it when he was still alive. He left the house with the rucksack and his plant because he was probably going to throw them out. Remember that Shimao told Rokka to throw out all his stuff after he dies. If I'm wrong, then he might just be going on a trip somewhere.
Aug 17, 2012 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
So does Rokka love Shimao or Hazuki?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 17, 2012 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
So slow.... Hope hazuki regains his body next ep.
Aug 17, 2012 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode but I am majorly confused.
She saw an illusion of his. Wat. How does that work?
She loves who? Real Hazuki or Atsushi in Hazuki's body?
So the secret is out, right? I swear, if she's still clueless about this by the next episode, I'll be pissed. LOL

One more thing: I already love the OST of this show. Piano solos <3

...Oh new page on thread haha.
MayukaAug 17, 2012 5:38 PM
Aug 17, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2011
confuser987 said:
Did they have sex?

You must be kidding me...

Ok Shimao ok, now that you finally have made sex with her...again...after a long time...you have to

When he took possession of the Hazuki's body, I thought at most a few hours but not DAYS?! This is boring me as hell. >.>
Aug 17, 2012 8:35 PM

May 2008
i hate Shimao. there, I said it. I can't sympathize with him one bit. I'm mean c'mon, you're dead already...move on and leave Rokka to live her life the way she wants too without causing her any more pain and confusion.

The fact that he kissed Rokka in Hazuki's body was bad, but having sex with her as well just really, totally and utterly made me despise him (and using Hazuki's body again nonetheless).

Hazuki missed 1: Rokka's confession, 2: First kiss and 3: First time sex. That's too much. At this point, I don't even want Shimao to go to heaven. He needs to get his ass sealed in some cave, trapped for all eternity :|

Aug 17, 2012 9:04 PM

Oct 2010
LOL at the anger at Shimao. I like how people treat this as any other simple love triangle. As if he were just another ex in some badly written romance trying to steal the MC's love away. As if he actually had any evil intentions and like his feelings for Rokka and entire backstory for her don't matter at all when it comes to his actions and reactions. Do people here just completely zone out on all those flashbacks? Oh he's dead so therefore none of it matters. Let's just not make an effort to understand his characte. Missing the whole point of the show here....

And complaining about Rokka's confession which he had no control over, Rokka's initiation with the kiss and sex. He could of flat out rejected her but I don't know what consequences that would have on her and Hazuki's relationship. Possibly more awkward that she might even start avoiding Shimao-Hazuki. But factoring in his own feelings for Rokka as well and his state of confusion on how to react to just about everything. I seriously doubt his "evil" plan was "Oh I'll have sex with her to deny Hazuki of his first time fwehehehe". It's more complex than that.

I was really amused by the question Rokka asked Hazuki in the other world about who the main character is. Because I've for a long time now felt that it was Shimao. It's not really a story about the blossoming love of Hazuki and Rokka, to me that's more of a side story or an after story. The main story for me is more about Shimao and Rokka's relationship and saying goodbye to the one you loved.
LeiciaAug 17, 2012 9:21 PM
Aug 17, 2012 9:37 PM
Jul 2008
Everyone seems to "despises" Shimao now. I am really dazzeled how insulted they are feel Shimao taking possession of another person. How would you feel towards a woman taking another woman's body to have sex with her ex-husband?

Is this a double-stander/two-way street for both sexes?

Wouldn't it be funny that Shimao/Hazuki's excuse for his personality by saying he got high by inhaling some exotic flowers?
Aug 17, 2012 10:17 PM

Jul 2010
FightingFisto said:
Lelouch22 said:

Will she be able to continue the relationship with Hazuki or will she end up wanting him to act as an intermediary between her and Shimao?

....Now that scares me. D:
Aug 18, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2009
Ok I am confused... where is Shimao going? On some kind of journey or to get rid off whatever he's taking with him?

I'll just keep crying in my corner, thank you.
Aug 18, 2012 1:38 AM

Jul 2011
Leicia said:
And complaining about Rokka's confession which he had no control over, Rokka's initiation with the kiss and sex. He could of flat out rejected her but I don't know what consequences that would have on her and Hazuki's relationship. Possibly more awkward that she might even start avoiding Shimao-Hazuki. But factoring in his own feelings for Rokka as well and his state of confusion on how to react to just about everything. I seriously doubt his "evil" plan was "Oh I'll have sex with her to deny Hazuki of his first time fwehehehe". It's more complex than that.

First of all it's his fault that he had been in that situation. What sense does he pretend to be Hazuki all this time? To help him? Obviously not, the relationship between Hazuki and Rokka was still going well even with the interference of Shimao. He is just a coward, he took Hazuki's body for what? To touch her or ... Now he only made everything worse, not to mention the fact that he is using the body of another person who is in love with her...
The better thing for Rokka would not fall in love again with another person? And Shimao is only hurting her more than she need.
"It's more complex than that." Oh really ?! And you want to know who is to blame?
ainkyAug 18, 2012 1:41 AM
Aug 18, 2012 1:41 AM
Aug 2012
Leicia said:
LOL at the anger at Shimao. I like how people treat this as any other simple love triangle. As if he were just another ex in some badly written romance trying to steal the MC's love away. As if he actually had any evil intentions and like his feelings for Rokka and entire backstory for her don't matter at all when it comes to his actions and reactions. Do people here just completely zone out on all those flashbacks? Oh he's dead so therefore none of it matters. Let's just not make an effort to understand his characte.

There! Finally see someone who thinks of Shimao the same way I do. Before he took over Hazuki's body, I was pretty annoyed by his ghost form, and thought he should leave and let Rokka move on with her life. But with him in Hazuki's body now and all the flashbacks we got to see, I start to understand Shimao the character better. Like Leicia said, he's not just an annoying ex. The attachment between Shimao and Rokka is too strong to be severed simply when another guy falls for Rokka. They are both struggling with coming to terms with this new situation, especially for Shimao (I think each of the characters struggling with their decisions is the point of this show. For those who look forward to seeing the blossom of love between Rokka and Hazuki, I can see why you'd be disappointed and upset). You have to combine Rokka and Shimao's deep relationship with Shimao's personality, and his, literally, ghostly situation, to see why he acts the way he does. Simply put, I feel for Shimao and his action, despite it may be selfish and unfair to Hazuki and Rokka. I think this is the theme that the author wanted to explore.

By the way, kudos to Hazuki for saying that he's willing to be Rokka's secondary choice and is prepared to take on the ghost burden for the rest of his life.
Aug 18, 2012 1:45 AM

Jul 2011
@hiroryo

The past cannot judge the current actions independently from the situation you are in IMO. You're saying it as if it were an excuse.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.