Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 14, 2012 9:56 PM
Mar 2011
Can someone list the names and who they are, because I couldn't remember when the episodes were spread over more than a month. Especially who was the one who was said to have lost Kudoryavka's order (don't remember his name, begins with Ku) and who was Tanabe?
Aug 14, 2012 10:52 PM

Feb 2012
Togop said:
Can someone list the names and who they are, because I couldn't remember when the episodes were spread over more than a month. Especially who was the one who was said to have lost Kudoryavka's order (don't remember his name, begins with Ku) and who was Tanabe?

Kugayama Muneyoshi, the Student council president.

Tanabe was the one with glasses. He is one of the 20 executive committee members and a friend of Kugayama. Together with Anjou Haruna, they made "A Corpe by Evening".
Aug 14, 2012 11:19 PM

Mar 2009
And thus, this arc comes to a close. Hyouka's come a long way. This was probably the best school festival in an anime. Along with how entertaining and fun it was, we got a fair share of character development and, as always, an intriguing mystery to boot.

Speaking of character development, poor Satoshi and Mayaka. =(
Aug 14, 2012 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
So the student council president do know that Tanabe is the culprit ? Then I guess Tanabe was wrong about his message didn't get through to the president?
Keep moving forward
Aug 15, 2012 12:02 AM

Feb 2012
2easy4AgEnT said:
So the student council president do know that Tanabe is the culprit ? Then I guess Tanabe was wrong about his message didn't get through to the president?

From what I understood, the pres never knew till the end.
Aug 15, 2012 8:17 AM

Apr 2011
HauntingShock said:
2easy4AgEnT said:

From what I understood, the pres never knew till the end.

It seemed to me that Kugayama might well have figured it out before that, but just didn't let on until the closing ceremony. Whether he has any intention of drawing the manga or even of answering Tanabe's question ("have you read it yet?") is another matter, but I think the message did get through.
Aug 15, 2012 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
Oreki's sister is a lot smarter than Oreki...

She just looked at the poster, said "I see" and went to Oreki with A Corpse by Evening... just to get him started...

His sister called him an "idiot" back during the movie arc... Now it all make sense, she is that much better after all O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Oct 2009
Uh, well, I hope the final arc steps up the GAME.
Aug 16, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

That was great episode :)
Aug 16, 2012 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
This episode is the best one of hyouka so far.
Mayaka's tears are so touching, the talent is really a sad thing.
Nowhere,everywhere.

Aug 16, 2012 6:41 AM

Aug 2012
shinkas said:
With only 4 episodes left, I wonder if:

(a) They're doing volume 5 in 4 episodes. Possible, since they used 5 and 4 episodes for the first two volumes, respectively, though the preview doesn't "feel" like it's volume 5 (I'm not sure about that but I think they are second years in volume 5).

(b) Episodes taken from "Little birds can remember" (we only had 2 from this volume).

hmmm, I don't know, both seem unlikely. Well, we'll see next Sunday.

I'm surprised we didn't hear of Oreki's sister in this episode. She seems to be an important force behind all mysteries...

I think it will be 4 episodes from"little birds can remember" ,volume 5 may not have the chance to be on TV. T_T
Nowhere,everywhere.

Aug 16, 2012 7:05 AM

Jul 2011
so now is the last arc
Aug 16, 2012 6:20 PM

Jul 2011
and This ends what was bar none the best arc of the series. No other arc even comes close. Sucks though, this show is just starting to get really good and now we only have 4 episodes left. Well, lets see if the show peaked or if it can go out with a bang.
Aug 16, 2012 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
EOTW said:
and This ends what was bar none the best arc of the series. No other arc even comes close. Sucks though, this show is just starting to get really good and now we only have 4 episodes left. Well, lets see if the show peaked or if it can go out with a bang.

I liked the first arc the best, mostly because of Oreki's deductions every episode. There is also the light novel if you want to continue the adventure, although it isn't fully translated yet.
Aug 17, 2012 12:17 AM

Oct 2011
Kanya festival was one out of 2 interesting arcs for me, but its over
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 6:14 AM

Apr 2012
I absolutely loved this episode. so many emotions everywhere.
you can't help but pity tanabe kun for the reason behind juumonji.
I believe the themes of this arc seems to be "jealousy" and "expectations", no?
also the student council pres is hot hot hotttt <3
as a final word, good job to my baby oreki houtarou for another job well done c:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 7:22 AM

Oct 2011
A good ending to a fun arc, Oreki was great! haha! I'm curious as to what the next will be, I'm looking forward to it.

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Aug 17, 2012 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Oreki to conspire with Tanabe.
Blackmail, eh? AHahahaaha.

Unfortunately, the message wasn't received.
But it was a good end!
The Hyouka sold out!!!
Aug 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Mar 2012

♥♥
Aug 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
Aug 18, 2012 6:10 AM

Nov 2007
Sugoiiiiiiiii~~~~~~~~~~!
SuperLike! Oreki was damn amazing again! And Tanabe Senpai is HOOOOTTTT! LOL. Like his hairstyle. :DDD
I like Oreki's shyness. damn! even though he's that gooood, he looks like really down to earth and that makes him more attractive. Shames! LOve!!! :D

I Love this Episode!
Finally! Satoshi feeling inferior to Oreki moments came to an end.. He finally accepted the fact that he can't beat Oreki and remembered that he is the database.
AND DATABASE can't draw any conclusions. Anyway, I love him being the who he is and he should stay like that.. :D

Demo, Seriously, in reality, we also feel like this ayt? :D This episode was all about feeling inferior to one of your friends. *woooh! nice~~!*

I wonder what will happen to the next episode? Shames! To see every episode is happiness demo, as we see another , it also means that the end is near. :'(
I wonder what the last arc will be about..~
Aug 18, 2012 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
genius
Aug 18, 2012 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
Chitanda Kauai
Aug 18, 2012 1:52 PM
Feb 2009
First of all, Oreki Houtarou is such a smart-ass. He is a genius indeed. And cute.

It really got me when they talk about expectations. Poor Satoshi. And when I see Mayaka crying after she talked to Kouishi-senpai, I felt like crying too. Does this mean that I'm human with no talent too, that's why I can understand their feelings? Oh well~ XD

Anyway this episode is amazing! I guess the next arc will be the final arc. This anime is so good that watching 17 episodes feel like only watching 5 episodes.
Aug 18, 2012 4:34 PM

May 2008
I loved this arc a lot but I'd be even more satisfied if there was more development between Satoshi and Mayaka.
Aug 19, 2012 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:

Curiosity in a nutshell.

haha That part was great. The whole episode was great. It actually felt like a full 25 minutes.

As expected, Oreki figured it out. I was wondering about that guy, he was one of 2 or 3 suspects I had in mind. But I definitely had no idea how it all fit together. A little overkill to get the message across. But it was still interesting. Everything from the last 3 or 4 episodes fell into place quite nicely. Had to rewatch when Oreki was explaining everything. Epic blackmail to get the guy to buy the rest of the copies. Satoshi's jealousy is really building up. I expect it to come to a breaking point some time during these last few episodes. With only 4 episodes left, I assume they will all be in a final arc. Should be interesting, can't wait!
Aug 20, 2012 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
Genius episode.
Enjoyed the festival arc.. :)
Aug 20, 2012 11:33 PM

May 2012
That was a nice ending; very perceptive. I hope new opening and closing themes next time.
Aug 30, 2012 2:32 AM

Apr 2011
End of the festival - FINALLY!
It wasn't that bad but it was stretched in time.

But...
Chitanda's curiosity was annoying again.
Sep 3, 2012 4:47 AM
Nov 2010
poor satoshi...To me satoshi isn't olny a databese!!!...he is a detective like oreki!!!...they are friends!!
Sep 4, 2012 6:52 AM
Apr 2012
If you want those scenes from the end as .gif, there you go:

Sep 6, 2012 8:26 AM

Sep 2010
Spoiler for long quotes.

Until I read the above posts I didn't understand every detail yet, thanks for the explanations!
I took the freedom to make a few edits I thought were wrong, the strikethrough text is the original and the italic text is mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For some reason I still have the feeling as if there's something missing in Anjou's background. It feels as if there's more to it only than she having transferred schools. I also don't really get why the president stopped drawing because of that though.
Sep 6, 2012 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
Oreki is such an genius, ok we all know that. But Satoshi is amazing too, in this episode Satoshi was impressed me *.*
Sep 7, 2012 2:40 PM
May 2011
Ovindel said:

[...] I also don't really get why the president stopped drawing because of that though.

If I remember correctly, Kugayama simply lost interest in drawing manga, as it was something he just felt like doing rather than a deep passion for the Medium any member of the Manga Society might exhibit. Anjou transferring schools had nothing to do with it.
Sep 24, 2012 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
I kinda already predicted that culprit but I didn't expect that my guess right.

Sep 27, 2012 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:

Curiosity in a nutshell.

Haha loved that part!
Oct 3, 2012 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
I found myself a little bored with this arc because it took a while to finish. At the end when he was explaining things I didn't even care very much. I hope the last 5 episodes are more interesting.
Oct 10, 2012 8:25 AM

May 2012
Not an all to bad episode I think this was the ending of the arc so the arc in global wasn't all to bad! Let's see what's next!
Oct 17, 2012 4:31 PM

Nov 2009
Liked this arc, really thought the mystery aspect would have something to do with the movie since they were both mangakas but guess not. Anyways very interesting can't wait for whats next.
Nov 11, 2012 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
this anime doesn't exactly blow my mind but.......

DAMN that conclusion was so clever... bravo Houtarou
Nov 13, 2012 3:16 AM

Jun 2011
Too bad the message never reached the president ): Its sad to have a prodigy as a friend D:
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2012
I was thrown off-track a bit by the flashback portions, but it was a satisfying end to the Juumonji incidents nonetheless.
Nov 19, 2012 9:43 PM
Aug 2012
Quite liked the resolve though it was not sufficient for all the issues that have been raised in this arc. I found it quite funny how the Hot-Headed Mayaka is treated like a doormat by everyone in the manga club, even the prez.
Why the hell was she still in that club? Lol!!
I got to say while the mystrey itself was great (probably the best in the entire series). Seeing Mayaka's involvement with the Manga club was also a huge highlight for me for this arc as it shows another side of Mayaka that may have been earlier on been just implied (I almost wish there could be a spin off of Mayaka vs The Manga Club lol). I really hoped there would have been a clearer resolve especially between Mayaka and her senpai (forgot her name, the one she always fights with.) at the least but hell if I was her I wouldn't take all that crap, all they've been doing throughout the school festival, they were alienating her and picking on her for some unknown reason.
Can anyone explain that aspect of this arc because I don't really understand what the whole deal was to begin with?

Cirris said:
so essentially all the drama of this arc was based on the fact that this "anjou" person decided on a whim to write a manga and everyone thinks it's friggin` brilliant and he decide he won't write another one.

so the president pulls off this elaborate stunt to try and get this "anjou" guy and spur him to write more manga.

The other girl was also butthurt cause her manga wasn't as good as "That" one so she goes on a hate rage towards Mayaka who liked the series.

These people reaaaaallly take things WAY too seriously.

But what makes the whole thing weirder is it didn't just appear like it was the senpai vs Mayaka, throughout the arch it looked like Mayaka vs the Manga Club! Everytime she walked into that room it was like she was walking into enemy grounds, besides the president who would sugarcoat the whole hostile situation towards Mayaka yet not really try to calm things down.
MushorwellNov 21, 2012 1:52 AM
Nov 20, 2012 6:11 AM

Sep 2012
as expected from my favorite detective (:
Nov 25, 2012 2:53 AM

Mar 2010
Holy crap , oreki being too damn genius again . At first I thought he was beaten but then . I'm gonna favor this character , true genius other than characters i've met like Lelouch , Usui Takumi , Kei Takijima , Shionji Yuuko and others. Oreki Houtarou , I salute ! >:|
Nov 28, 2012 4:50 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed this arc a lot. This is exactly what I was hoping to have happened. I was thinking it would be crammed into an episode or two, but how they drew it out really made it more exciting and how so many things tied together at the end. Definitely looking forward to seeing what the rest of the episodes have in store.
Nov 30, 2012 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
My favorite arc so far. Houtarou's deductions this episode really tied everything up nicely.

That, and the school festival itself looked awesome, lol.
Jan 4, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2009
Rewatched the club scene, knowing what Houtarou told him to... They really did show who did it..from the signal to phone to shooting the papers... albeit with great subtlety... freaking amazing :D
Jan 25, 2013 7:07 AM
Dec 2012
Oreki's so smart. o.O
Aww, Satoshi please don't turn into an antagonist. >_____________<
Jan 29, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2012
A lot of emotions in this episode, although I didn't quite understand some of them! Glad juumonji's identity was uncovered though!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.