Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 13, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
I'm really starting to enjoy this series a lot more. In the beginning it looked like another total fan service job with an interesting premise, but now the characters are just becoming more and more likable. Fan service is also kept to a minimum, which is good.

And as someone who's dipped into the LN, I have to say I like the anime Nobuna better. Not sure if it's because the plot hasn't gotten to that point yet, but the LN Nobuna is just a total tsundere...
Aug 13, 2012 10:19 AM

Jun 2010
I think more lolis are going to be introduced. :D

This episode was awesome. Didn't know about the building a castle in one day though. Pretty awesome.

Aug 13, 2012 11:38 AM

May 2010
I'm not really surprise if Goemon was unharm cause she's a loli ninja !!
Aug 13, 2012 12:37 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
VerneJules said:
You must like fighting-type hero protagonists who battle themselves (Goku from Dragonball) rather than the thinking-type leader protagonists (Lelouch from Code Geass).

I can admit I do prefer the fighting types, and this being a anime about battle makes sense why I'd like him to be able to fight. But even as the thinker types, I can appreciate those as well. But thinkers like Lelouch from Code Geass go into the situation calm and cool, and even when faced with adversity, familiarize the situation. Like someone mentioned eariler, Sagara can be very irrational, brash and lacking composure when emotional.

And most of the time, that gets his ass in trouble where he has to be saved. Oda herself has to even get in his ass about this kind of stuff and how him not staying in his place can get him killed. That's pretty much why I don't consider him as good as the others. Without even looking at the fighting part, the other MCs are just really good at keeping composure under pressure, and I like that in a MC. Especially the current anime age where Guys are usually shown as inferior to women unless its a shounen.

So you don't like him because he's realistic?
Aug 13, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Nice action packed episode and a great ending. The town called "stepfather" and the fires which resemble a viper. :)

Goemon trolling Monkey. She got only got knocked out because she wore armor. Her protectors didn't like Monkey hugging her though.

Aug 13, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
The only problem I have with serie is that every female character got a damn thick plot armor.
I don't want to see a character die for the sake of dying but a show developing when you know that no important female character can die turn most pinch into something ridiculous. It's war time for god sake it would be normal for character to die.
Aug 13, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2010
The author really knows how to make a history nerd orgasm at the references, throw in cute genderbent characters, and then present some nice what if scenarios. I love this damn show.

Can't wait for Date next episode.
Aug 13, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
I can admit I do prefer the fighting types, and this being a anime about battle makes sense why I'd like him to be able to fight. But even as the thinker types, I can appreciate those as well. But thinkers like Lelouch from Code Geass go into the situation calm and cool, and even when faced with adversity, familiarize the situation. Like someone mentioned eariler, Sagara can be very irrational, brash and lacking composure when emotional.

And most of the time, that gets his ass in trouble where he has to be saved. Oda herself has to even get in his ass about this kind of stuff and how him not staying in his place can get him killed. That's pretty much why I don't consider him as good as the others. Without even looking at the fighting part, the other MCs are just really good at keeping composure under pressure, and I like that in a MC. Especially the current anime age where Guys are usually shown as inferior to women unless its a shounen.
This may be about battles but for armies and not martial arts. I wouldn't want him to be able to take down 20 men on his own or an army with just a party, he's better off as a commander than a warrior who suddenly gets some special training from some special master and beats all the strong guys in the sengoku era. Also, Lelouch also couldn't stay calm and composed whenever Suzaku ruins his plans or Nunally is in trouble. That's just how a character should act - with emotion and should have ups and downs. Committing mistakes, getting saved, getting encouraged or discouraged, losing someone, etc. can all be a plus if it gives out a lot of character developments in the story. But that's the type of MC you like, so it's not like I'm saying you should like such. But I'm just saying Sagara isn't really a bad MC. Besides, recklessness is a better attribute to have as a main character rather than cowardice or trouble-avoiding.

Also, most animes where women are stronger than men are shounen.
Aug 13, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2012
Still don't understand the story, but who cares? It's a fun anime.
Aug 13, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Goemon was so moe when being hugged OMQ.

A wild pirate/demon looking Loli appears next episode LOL.
Aug 13, 2012 6:40 PM

May 2010
Still one of the best show of this season. if not the best never a dull moment.
Aug 13, 2012 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
Tyrel said:
Goemon was so moe when being hugged OMQ.

A wild pirate/demon looking Loli appears next episode LOL.
Good ol' Date Masamune finally makes his- I mean her...entrance.
Aug 13, 2012 8:39 PM

Oct 2010
I really did not have time to comment much on this series sadly. I do have to say so far the dram, emotions and action along with visual are stunning. In fact the drama so far is so good that it did tear me up a little here and there.

As of this episode I kind of knew Goemon would live and had protection. Read it somewhere that ninjas took the most precautions against riflemen.

Niwa had the nasty face of death against that guy.

I also knew the other 2 wold defect.

I do hope Yoshitatsu ain't going to be stupid of doing something but from the looks of it he might. I hoped more Sagara would convince him with his future but they never played that card out.

About the preview, BIG BREASTED BOUNCING NUN coming at ya along with eye patch girl whom is enticing TBH. Also more fan service detection just that when is bath time?
Also that girl in the green pendant is going to be perverted if they make it right as the LN did.

That's all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 13, 2012 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Blood_Wizard said:

That doesn't even make sense. Being realistic isn't just being irrational. People can and do remain calm better than others.

Like if I know I'm back in time and Oda tells me to do something, her being my superior, I'm not gonna do something else then wind up having to get my ass saved. Or outspeak in a meeting when its clearly out of my place and almost causing a war thats preventable by keeping my damn mouth shut. That's what I mean when I say ALL TALK and no WALK. Not necessarily him having to fight, but as a GENERAL, he's failed just about every time even with his plans. Yea the character development comes in, but its refreshing for me with the other MCs that they are at a faster pace. And not just with fighting, but with character interaction as well.

And I'm not saying MC here is bad, he's not bad at all. My point was just that I think there are multiple MCs this season that are BETTER, not saying he's BAD. I just prefer the LAID BACK type who would be in trouble, but doesn't really panic, or at least show it.
Tenchi_RyuAug 13, 2012 9:57 PM
Aug 13, 2012 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blood_Wizard said:

That doesn't even make sense. Being realistic isn't just being irrational. People can and do remain calm better than others.

Like if I know I'm back in time and Oda tells me to do something, her being my superior, I'm not gonna do something else then wind up having to get my ass saved. Or outspeak in a meeting when its clearly out of my place and almost causing a war thats preventable by keeping my damn mouth shut. That's what I mean when I say ALL TALK and no WALK. Not necessarily him having to fight, but as a GENERAL, he's failed just about every time even with his plans. Yea the character development comes in, but its refreshing for me with the other MCs that they are at a faster pace. And not just with fighting, but with character interaction as well.

And I'm not saying MC here is bad, he's not bad at all. My point was just that I think there are multiple MCs this season that are BETTER, not saying he's BAD. I just prefer the LAID BACK type who would be in trouble, but doesn't really panic, or at least show it.

The only time he actually failed was when he went to rescue Dosan. He's actually pulled off all of his other plans. And he's not really irrational, he just knows that if he doesn't change history a good deal, then Nobuna will end up dead at Honnoji just like in actual history. And honestly, the only two MCs this season that I would consider better are Akatsuki in Hagure Yuusha and Ryouske in Dakara Boku wa.
Aug 13, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2011
This was a nice episode and these battle scenes are awesome to watch, not to mention I just love watching Nobuna command her troops as she stand in her determined pose. Her couple of cute scenes every episode is great too tbh.

I am guessing Saru got beat up for hugging Goemon like that lol. And ahhh she was just so cuteeee when she was getting hugged.
Aug 14, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Yet another amazing episode! :D
I don't think there's been a sub-par one yet.
The budget is nicely spread, enough action each episode, and not nearly as much comedy as one might think at first sight. At first, I was second-guessing the lineup for this season, but everything is really turning out to be a treat. ESPECIALLY the new Nobunas! Can't wait till the next episode! ;D
Aug 14, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
Blood_Wizard said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blood_Wizard said:

The only time he actually failed was when he went to rescue Dosan. He's actually pulled off all of his other plans. And he's not really irrational, he just knows that if he doesn't change history a good deal, then Nobuna will end up dead at Honnoji just like in actual history. And honestly, the only two MCs this season that I would consider better are Akatsuki in Hagure Yuusha and Ryouske in Dakara Boku wa.

You are right about his achievements, but I still think he is irrational. Several times he brought pointless anxieties upon his companions and really made them save his asses.

He had to resort to violence out of anger against Nobukatsu that called for severe punishment upon himself. He again resorted to violence against Nagamasa that would result in unnecessary war. He exposed himself to Yoshitatsu while he was supposed to be a decoy and was about to get himself killed just to be saved by Hanbei's overpowered spell. These things can be easily prevented if he can stay calmer and not let his emotion go berserk.

His greatest achievements though, were when he talked his way out from Dousan and Hanzou. Both talks resulted in Owari's advance to Mino and Mikawa with lessened amount of bloodshed. And both times he knows what he was doing. I can give him credits for that.
Aug 14, 2012 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
wish the mustache man woulda been executed he is by far the ugliest character in the show.
Aug 14, 2012 4:02 AM

May 2010
Lol,so glad Goemon didn't die.After watching this episode,I have fallen in love with this anime.
Aug 14, 2012 7:07 AM
Aug 2011
In Oda Nouba, all lolis are immortal.

Viva Lolis!

5/5
Aug 14, 2012 8:42 AM

Jun 2011
Can this show get any better? I mean wow you wouldn't expect such a show from the info we got before it aired.

The episode was very well done with tense situation one after another like Goemon "dying", Nobuna unable to get out of the trap and believing that she was too late to save Sagara.

Nagahide definitely deserve more screen time as she looked awesome even given the short amount of time she had in this episode.

Hanbei was just as cute as always, giving command with a loli voice, her "shocked" reactions always makes me laugh and loyalty to Sagara.

Also i never would have thought of using explosives to blow the fire away, Nobuna really is a genius. Its nice to have my weekly dose of tsundere Nobuna being voiced by Itou Kanae

So glad i picked this show up as every episode has been action packed with emotions with good storyline. And the best part was that the high quality animation stayed consistent throughout all the episodes. I hope this series is 20+ episode or at least they decide to make a 2nd season out of it. Cant wait for next week.
ArcanaTraceAug 14, 2012 8:47 AM
Aug 14, 2012 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
Quite easily the best genderbent Oda Nobunaga anime. Although that isn't saying much as the others were utter crap. Well, I guess I find this more enjoyable than Sengoku Basara so that's that.
Aug 14, 2012 2:34 PM

Jun 2010
5/5 Episode. Surprisingly, Im enjoying this series. At least better than Koi to Senkyo and Hagure Yuusa.

Next episode looks like mass fanservice. I hope they continue the romance between Saru and Nobuna.
Aug 15, 2012 2:32 AM
Jul 2012
Episode was pretty good.
I still don't get why Nobuna sits during her council meetings exposing her bra though. Where's the self-decency!
Aug 15, 2012 2:33 AM

Feb 2012
Kaioo said:
Episode was pretty good.
I still don't get why Nobuna sits during her council meetings exposing her bra though. Where's the self-decency!

It's in her character. She was supposed to be barbaric right?
Aug 15, 2012 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
How dare this guy shoot Sagara when Goemon is near? D:

But it was hilarious how Goemon got her consciousness back and everyone in the background reacted. hehe.

And even if some people here say there are too many girls in here, then get someone else killed and not the coolest kid character that I've seen in an Anime so far. xD
I would love to have a ninja kid bodyguard that can care for itself..~ :/
Aug 17, 2012 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
1/5, this was bad...Nobuna is still so useless if Saru isn't around... It's a miracle she escaped from the trap she fell into so easily. Also, don't fool us into believing someone is dead when he or she will just shake it off, superficial and doesn't add anything. This is not Dog Days, it's fight to the death, people will and should die.
Aug 19, 2012 7:07 AM

Jan 2010
Mogami-kun said:
1/5, this was bad...Nobuna is still so useless if Saru isn't around... It's a miracle she escaped from the trap she fell into so easily. Also, don't fool us into believing someone is dead when he or she will just shake it off, superficial and doesn't add anything. This is not Dog Days, it's fight to the death, people will and should die.

I wouldn't say it's a miracle. She used her brain. Causing another explosion cleared out the fire. Fire needs oxygen as a fuel. She created another explosion, which oxygen is used up as fuel in the chemical exploison and it caused the fires to subside long enough for her army to get out. I thought that was pretty obvious.

I think you're taking a show too seriously. It's mean to be there. I'm not an expert on chainmail or anything, but the above discussions are interesting and does make sense. Pretty much this: Rifles back then were pretty new and not that powerful. Assuming the distance and elevation, that bullet could break skin but it will be lodge in the persons' body breaking the shoulder bone. Most people died by that. Blood loss, shock, and etc. The chainmail saved Goemon's life because the bullet and rifle it self isn't the same as modern day where they have the "oomph".

Get off your high horse already.
Aug 19, 2012 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
Kaioo said:
Episode was pretty good.
Cos she a baller doe
Sep 13, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
Dat classy ending. Glad Goemon's okay, she'd never go down so easily!
Sep 17, 2012 12:32 AM

May 2008
Lol at Yoshiharu all beaten up XD. The loli army still stays strong :D.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 19, 2012 7:53 AM

Feb 2010
I want a loli ninja like Goemon.
Sep 24, 2012 6:32 PM

Oct 2011
Ah Goemon "Quell suprise!"
Sep 28, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2011
That felt like a last episode, especially with that ending credit. Thank god though, 6 more episodes to go! Woooo~
Oct 5, 2012 7:56 AM

Jun 2011
I guess I shouldn't take this too seriously if I want to fully enjoy this series..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 19, 2012 3:45 AM
Dec 2011
Kind of boring till the end when main guy gets beat up for hugging the loli LOL
Nov 19, 2012 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
Great series so far... Wow, probably one of the better harems I have seen, definitely unique
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 9, 2013 2:17 AM

Sep 2011
thesnnitro said:
Loli ninjas, trolling since the Sengoku Period.
This. Though it was expectable that she didn't just like that.

It's a shame in a way though. I "hope" that at least one of the important characters dies later. It's fucking war, somebody should die once and not just unnamed soldiers. Like now when Saru just happily welcomed Nobuna and told her that she was late, like it didn't have any cost, while a lot of people just fucking died around him.
Oh well, the show (and Nobuna) is still great.
Oct 29, 2013 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
Wow awesome episode, kinda love this series. 5/5
Apr 1, 2014 5:13 PM

Dec 2007
I'm getting kind of tired of how no one is allowed to die. This is Warring States Period show, that's just unrealistic and crazy.
Ich verstehe nicht
Jul 10, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Warriors turned into women...that's unrealistic and crazy. It's already a given one shouldn't expect anything realistic from this show XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 1, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2012
Another nice episode with some nice development, let's see what's next!
Jan 6, 2015 6:27 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode .... The fight feels more epic in the novel though . Still nicely done .
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Nov 4, 2015 4:19 AM
Dec 2009
Some great action!! This show always makes me want to restudy Japanese history.
Feb 22, 2016 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it Goemon don't scare people like that.
Oct 9, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
Really good episode

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 21, 2019 12:04 PM

Feb 2016
You would have to be an anime noob; if you thought that one of the MC's lolis was going to be killed off on a loli harem show.

Also as a rule of thumb; chainmail can not stop ANY bullet -odds are good that it won't even stop a crossbow bolt or a stab from a sword, it's function was to protect against slashes.
At the time: to have something 'kind of bullet proof' -you would need multiple thick layers of metal and fabric.
May 25, 2020 7:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fortunately Goemon wasn't dead xD nice win for Oda
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.