Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 13, 2012 11:08 AM
Jun 2008
The fairies make MC to forget to go the fetch her assistance in order to make some sweets.
Well, enuff about that.

From last few episode, we see that those fairies actually help MC to solve many problem.Unfortunately,This episode is different.The fairies are helping someone but its not the MC this time.

TimeParadogs lol
MorningGloryAug 13, 2012 11:13 AM
Aug 13, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

This episode was very annoying and dragging around instead of giving out its point it extended through ridiculous amounts of copies of Watashi whom is a very beautiful character and through that character gets repeated as though to abuse the males of their views of her on many formats.

I...er....what?

Cratex said:
PaninaManina said:

These naughty little things have always been evil.

I'm not ready to say "evil", so much as they operate with a very different mental framework from humans. My assumption is that the way they think is simply alien compared to humans.

I agree with this. True, they are whimsical and operate on the principle of fun. Thus, they could do almost everything to have fun/get what they want (mostly sweets). However, from what I've concluded based on the episodes so far, they have no bad intentions (actually, do they even know/understand what 'bad' is). They posses a childlike ignorance ("Doggie wants to play with humans?" from ep 5 to name just one example), as well as curiosity, but no human ethics. They pretty much come across as amoral.
That is not to say these little imps are not creepy, but that's precisely what adds to their charm and makes them interesting. I'd lie to say they don't remind me of Kyuubey though.
metamorphiusAug 13, 2012 11:55 AM
Aug 13, 2012 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
I would want a fairy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 13, 2012 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
PaninaManina said:
@Yumekichi

Yumekichi11 said:
"much to the Fairies getting rather excited at the bin of candies it showed rather well Watashi’s expression at them. Especially when they did consider cloning Watashi whom she never wanted but they do anyway".
Nope, they don't clone her, simples twist the time to allow her to be present in the same place more than once at the same time.
Really, it looked to me like they cloned her. Time reversal like that would be over complicated to even imput. The explanation for it would be too insane. I don't think they do that nor they can.

Is there anything that suggests they use time to multiply her?
PaninaManina said:
Yumekichi11 said:
think of the ball as Watashi being bounced around. That is a key to show that they will bounce around Watashi cause they need to perfect the flavor in the banana to taste like it since it’s made artificially from their magic
Dude... watch more closely. That is not a ball, is a skull. Yeah... exactly what you thinking.
It does not show that at all but it still comes back to the abuse or bouncing around.
PaninaManina said:
Yumekichi11 said:
That is proof of a FUCK UP of the Fairies where they did not put the watch back with the time shift.
Because she was not cloned.
No she was but they Fairies are not perfect and I think it was a show of their imperfection. Either way I am pretty stubborn so I still think it's a depiction of their imperfection.
PaninaManina said:
Yumekichi11 said:
MASS ABUSE
Yumekichi11 said:
RIDICULOUS!
Yumekichi11 said:
MASS POWERS abused
"mimimimi. Cry some moar bitch!"
Well it's true and certainly I side with the humans on that one.
PaninaManina said:
Yumekichi11 said:
it got totally stupid not to mention it was all for the fairies wanting more sweets due to indulging themselves in the bin and becoming rather gluttonous of the candy. To finally amend to doing this in order to perfect a banana’s taste? RIDICULOUS! Makes totally no sense other than fairies not knowing what to with their powers and input in a banana by mistake. While I do admit in this case it might better to not have them around. They are all trouble. Sure it’s nice to prevent deaths of some humans due to them being in accidents. However this episode showed how much trouble they can be with one invention of a taste for a fruit.
My friend, when you fall under the VERY WRONG impression that the faeries were cute? Innocent? Well-intentioned? Pure?
These naughty little things have always been evil. Did not realize until now this obvious fact?
No not at all did I realize it until now. I did know all about it but in this series I decided to take things as they were shown. Well now certainly we see how naughty they are indeed. Just like IRL books talk of them.
metamorphius said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This episode was very annoying and dragging around instead of giving out its point it extended through ridiculous amounts of copies of Watashi whom is a very beautiful character and through that character gets repeated as though to abuse the males of their views of her on many formats.
I...er....what?
In other words copying Watashi was a ploy to make her look that much better despite being already amazing. It's just plain show out abuse.

Not a bad thing but in thee end it got repetitive to a point of being annoying not to mention the dragging around. Wow, they really extended stuff beyond the time it would take usually to explain things.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 13, 2012 12:45 PM

Oct 2011
jasque said:
But...
If the Assistant is really the dog, and if that is why he can't talk... that would be so awesome.

That would explain this still he was (I might be wrong) writing something to communicate.
Of course that would be easier to make than making him talk if dog theory was right (which probably is).

I would say that Kyuubey = Fairies analogy is quite correct.
We can call them evil, creepy and so on but it's our point of view.
They have superior technology to humans (ok they have technology at all), seem to be quite clever - still way they talk and do things make people consider them to be childish. But it comes from not being able to understand what the hell they are doing so everyone goes with such labels in series.

And more this series goes it looks like setting (not plot) of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou spiced up with whatever creators were using :)
Aug 13, 2012 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
This was amazing, although it was repetitive I was enjoying how things changed a bit every time any why it happened, in the end the reason was simple.
Midway through I heard some owls/birds in the show but I thought they were real so I paused the video and I was like: wut? 0_0
First time I had such an experience with my HD800's, very interesting.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 13, 2012 5:18 PM

May 2010
Inception.... and a whole lot of wtfness. 12 Horse Power XD
Aug 13, 2012 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
Ah i love cliches like a day repeting
Aug 13, 2012 11:34 PM

Jul 2012
First off, I enjoyed how there was a lot of focus on clocks, a bunch of different scene either began or ended with a different clock(or one showing up in various places). Each time jump was a bit different, like Grandfather cleaning a new, different gun. Ms. Sweets eventually losing her watch that left her and us wondering what had happened to it. I’m a fan of time travel, time loops, and paradoxes so I loved this episode. I thought it was a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to figuring out whats up with all the dogs. Each dog, I think, is connected to one of her previous time loops selves and is a side effect the fairies don’t care about because they aren’t sweets.

With the appearance of assistant it seems that the show has been showed to us out-of-order. With this and the previous two eps happening before the official first episode, so I’m wondering what or if there is a good reason for this. Has what the fairies done this episode actually effected the continuity of the show and this time loop messed up the actual order of time, or is it just an artistic choice to make things a little more interesting.

Another possibility and I think the easiest answer is that Ms. Sweets is delusional. the only person who has even been around fairies seems to be assistant and he can;t talk so he wouldn’t say anything to this girl. She has delusions of grandeur that she’s working for United Nations as a mediator. She even started out this episode just eating a bunch of candy and this whole episode has been a sugar high. how about that for being kind of dark Ms. Sweets? Really though I hope the fairies are real. She has stated that not everyone can see them and maybe that’s true. But right now, she just seems kind of crazy for the most part. But you’d be kind of crazy too if you had to watch over semi-omnipotent beings that could control the very fabric of space-time.

We should be getting pretty close to “endgame” stuff so if any of this is actually going to be heading for that direction either she’s crazy or this time loop got out of hand would be it. Although from the op we still have some girls to meet(unless those girls were from Y’s arc but I’m assuming they are meant to be a new group of characters.) So I’m guessing just artistic freedom with that in mind.

So I guess I hadn’t realized it but it looks like all the episodes are gonna be Two-parters. That’s good. It gives more time to tell these weird stories. Each Arc is different, and brings new odd stuff to the table and it’s because of all these weird little tales that I like the show.

So my main qualm now is what the hell these little Fairies are. I’m hoping that we will be given some explanation as to who or what these fairies actually are, humans that evolved past the need for human bodies? Tiny robots who can control the fabric of space? Aliens who came here to destroy humanity and eat our sweets? I’m hoping that this show gives us an episode before it ends that explains what the hell these little things are.

They’re magical or maybe just so extremely advanced we can’t tell the difference. They have a gigantic factory with creepy bread robots in them that bleed jam. They can make a manga that is blank and sucks in the reader and the reader fills it with their imagination. They can clone you, or make you go to a happy-zone where they’ve brought you multiple times where you make sweets for them.

They are terrifying, but that’s all I know.

Anyway, I like this show a lot. This is one of my favorite episodes so far. I’m sad that we’re getting pretty close to the end but I am pretty positive that this is up on my top few for this season that were quite good.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Aug 14, 2012 3:37 AM

May 2010
Fairies wanted to eat sweets so they created watashi clones,so amusing!
Aug 14, 2012 4:55 AM

Jan 2012
So basically the arcs are happening in reverse order?
Aug 14, 2012 5:05 AM
Jun 2008
Eksta said:
So basically the arcs are happening in reverse order?
isn't that interesting? lol
Aug 14, 2012 7:03 AM

Oct 2010
Crawken said:
Another possibility and I think the easiest answer is that Ms. Sweets is delusional. the only person who has even been around fairies seems to be assistant and he can;t talk so he wouldn’t say anything to this girl. She has delusions of grandeur that she’s working for United Nations as a mediator. She even started out this episode just eating a bunch of candy and this whole episode has been a sugar high. how about that for being kind of dark Ms. Sweets? Really though I hope the fairies are real. She has stated that not everyone can see them and maybe that’s true. But right now, she just seems kind of crazy for the most part. But you’d be kind of crazy too if you had to watch over semi-omnipotent beings that could control the very fabric of space-time.
To answer you shortly is not the OP showing her rather INSANE at one point in a room with loads of them around her? I though that was the best proof of her going wacko!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 14, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
More Watashi is always a good thing.
Aug 14, 2012 6:29 PM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one who think all the dogs in the end are the time-slip Watashis and the ball the fairies was playing around is a head. (gulp)
Aug 14, 2012 7:10 PM

Apr 2010
I was so mindfucked I skimmed the last third of the episode.

Aug 14, 2012 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Am I the only one who think all the dogs in the end are the time-slip Watashis and the ball the fairies was playing around is a head. (gulp)

Not at all, that very much looked like a (fairy) head. And sounded as one, for that matter.
As for the dogs, they do show at the very beginning Watashi seeing a dog turning into a human-like figure for a moment that resembles her. Whether that was a mirage, hallucination or a real thing, we can't be sure.

I just remembered one thing: the first time Watashi goes to pick the assistant up, she looks at the watch and says it's 12:40, then meets a fairy who gives her a banana, spots the fairies 'playing football' and the next moment meets her grandfather who says it's already 13:40. Now, of course it could be that she just couldn't tell the time correctly from that sun watch. But, if that's not the case, what happened during that hour? Probably the same as whenever she ate a banana.
metamorphiusAug 14, 2012 9:57 PM
Aug 15, 2012 12:00 AM

Nov 2010
Hmmm .. weird...
Aug 15, 2012 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Definitely a parody of the scenes found in anime that involved time travel.
Aug 15, 2012 8:32 AM

Mar 2008
I just came here to let all of you know that you minna are losing a lot of my fantastic theories and conclusions for not know how to read portuguese.
I'm too lazy to translate into english

Have a nice day.

btw: www.subeteanimes.com , http://forum.subeteanimes.com
Aug 15, 2012 9:22 AM

Jan 2011
Did you guys notice that the sun is always bright in intensity, even when inside the forest?

Like... it's too convenient because Watashi has a wrist sundial.
Aug 15, 2012 9:49 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
jasque said:
Did you guys notice that the sun is always bright in intensity, even when inside the forest?

It's not a natural forest - Watashi even once or twice comments about how odd it appears, such as the evenly spaced and uniform trees, etc.

Right now my working assumption is that these 'fairies' share some traits with those of traditional ancient Celtic stories. In this case, Watashi has been spirited (multiple times) into an Otherworld location controlled by the fairies, much like could happen to travelers of many of the Celtic tales.
CratexAug 15, 2012 10:09 AM
Aug 15, 2012 10:40 AM

May 2011
How strangely unsettling this all managed to be. I loved the banana that managed to make her slip just from eating it though. But the rest, from creepy possibly morphing dogs to playing kick the head, I half expect Watashi to just freak out and start popping off fairy skulls.
Aug 15, 2012 11:00 AM

Jul 2011
After watching this episode, i now wonder if the assistant is someone who she intentionally or unintentionally due to the fairies time manipulation twisted the essence of to meet her own ideology. Throughout the episode she seemed quite anxious on knowing what kind of person the assistant was and somehow knew he whore Hawaiian shirts. When i think about it unless there's an explanation next episode, the assistant, who's supposedly meant to assist Watashi's grandpa has had very little interaction with him in past episodes that chronologically proceed this arc. Infact, Watashi is the only one who can apparently communicate with him.

Its been interesting to read the discussion this episode has brought and once again i cant wait for next weeks ep.
Aug 15, 2012 5:54 PM

Mar 2008
jasque said:

Eu notei e refleti enquanto assistia Jasque e vou te adiantar o que vou escrever no Subete.

Em primeiro lugar uma iluminação diferente denota/denuncia uma realidade diferente, alterada. Foi dito que ela entrou no reino das fadas e tem muitos significados nisso tudo. Em primeiro lugar lembre, o reino das fadas tem um tempo diferenciado, o tempo parece não passar lá, entretanto quando você volta para o mundo normal muito tempo se passou.
Mas o que eu quero apontar é a associação entre o Tempo, o Sol e o Relógio.
A partir do momento em que as fadas começaram a manipular o tempo, sempre levando a Watashi para cinco minutos no passado a iluminação muda. O que ilumina aquele mundo? O Sol. O que mede a hora? O Relógio, no caso o relógio solar. Vê? Como a Watashi poderia medir o tempo através do Sol se ele era controlado pelas fadas?

O episódio brincou muito com isso, com a noção de continuidade e progressão reversa do tempo. De certo modo a Watashi estava vendo as horas corretamente, medindo as horas consideradas pelas fadas. O relógio mostrava o tempo correto lá no reino das fadas, e ele estranhamente seguia para frente.
O que determina o passar do tempo? O tempo em si ou a continuidade dos eventos? Para as pessoas é a progressão dos eventos que serve de referência para a passagem do tempo, porque medir o tempo é muito difícil, não é algo fácil de compreender e determinar, é preciso de referências. Então você vê, o tempo sempre seguir para trás, sempre um pouco mais para trás, e os eventos tinham continuidade. No meio dos loops a Watashi pede um relógio para o Avô e ele vê que ela já está com ele. Ela apenas não prestou atenção que já tinha pedido o relógio, não foi um erro do tempo, foi um erro dela, ela lembrava que tinha pedido e pegado o relógio, tanto que entendeu a confusão do Avô, ela apenas se esqueceu disso na hora, mas o pedido e o recebimento do relógio já tinha acontecido, então podemos dizer que o tempo voltou realmente? Ou ele continuou caminhando para a frente?
No reino das fadas a Watashi sempre se encontrava com outra ela, e lembrando dos encontros anteriores ela evitava fazer as mesmas perguntas e falar as mesmas coisas, procurava sempre informações novas. Isso não criava uma continuidade na conversa entre elas? O mesmo para a doutora. A cada vez que a Watashi voltava um pouco mais no tempo, elas tinham mais tempo para conversar, e por isso a doutora falava mais para ela sobre o Assistente. Assim a conversa ia ficando cada vez mais detalhada, o diálogo ia crescendo e se aprofundando. Continuidade.

Não é fantástico?
Aug 15, 2012 6:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
PaninaManina said:
Eu notei e refleti enquanto assistia Jasque e vou te adiantar o que vou escrever no Subete.
Erm, what he said ;)

(Portuguese? I remember just enough Spanish to realize it wasn't quite Spanish, but in any case google Translate is an amazing thing)

PaninaManina said:
Não é fantástico?
Yes, it is! :)
CratexAug 15, 2012 6:19 PM
Aug 15, 2012 6:26 PM

Mar 2008
Cratex said:
PaninaManina said:
Erm, what he said ;)

(Portuguese? I remember just enough Spanish to realize it wasn't quite Spanish, but in any case google Translate is an amazing thing)

Yes, specifically brazillian.
Sorry for this, its exhausting translate something this long.

- I basically talk about how the episode plays with the Sun be our greatest reference in nature of the passage of time.
- Watashi with a sundial trying to measure passage of time with something that fairies control.
- And especially as, despite the time walking back, the events had continuity. And do not is the continuity of events that determines the passage of time?
PaninaManinaAug 15, 2012 6:59 PM
Aug 15, 2012 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
PaninaManina said:

Não é fantástico?

Thanks \o

And sorry to the rest about our 'brazilian spanish' ^^
Aug 16, 2012 12:25 AM

Jan 2011
fucking trolling ass fairies! shocked that not one of those Watashi had a change in personality lol
Aug 16, 2012 3:49 AM

Nov 2010
Another funny thing that we can do alongside with watching Jinrui is seeing the discussion thread. We can clearly identify every person personality (and intelligence?) with how they see this episode, lol.
Aug 16, 2012 3:54 AM

Oct 2011
Watashi is so cute...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2012 5:18 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
PaninaManina said:

Yes, specifically brazillian.
Sorry for this, its exhausting translate something this long.

Not a problem - your English is far better than my brazillian ;)

And I was able to get the basic message through Google Translate.
Aug 17, 2012 1:00 AM
Apr 2011
The timeloops were pretty annoying. -___- How many times do one have to see the same scenes over and over again just to get story going?
Aug 17, 2012 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
It kind of a Mindf*ck episode...

If the episodes are made out of order... I think this is supposed to take amoung

The banana scenes were creepy in a sense that I kept on thinking wrong about it, since some were 'models' and had 'no flavor'. Especially when they focused on the decapitated fairy head I REALLY began to question the banana. But it turns it that the banana is of an unknown fruit due to being the creation of the fairys. Therefore I asume that those bananas weren't really bananas.

Strange episode.... overall I love this show, but this episode made me give Episode 7 a 3.5 rating. It's not surprising though, this show is meant to be avant-garde, or too clever for it's own good. Eitherway, I favorite this show because it's new and unique different from any other I have seen this summer.
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Aug 17, 2012 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
This episode actually made me think about Watashi and the story a lot. I realised several things: Watashi is the only one known to be able to and seen talking to fairies. It was already mentioned here that she might be simply imagining that. I also realised that she talks in a... somehow weird way, way too formal and she throws a lot of information and complicated words randomly. And I was thinking, isn't that a way child might imagine an adult talking? On the other hand, fairies are A LOT like children, they tend to repeat stuff, do what they like not thinking of consequences and they eat sweets a lot. They also seem to be able to create objects and areas just like that (child's imagination). So, what if Watashi is just a little autistic kid living in her own world with her own imaginary friends who is taken care of by her grand father? Fairies are basically her real self while Watashi is simply her imagination of what she would be like when she grows up. She talks to the fairies the only way she knows, like people talk to her (giving her lessons about doing selfish stuff etc).

You can see that she described herself and slender and elegant, that sounded to me more like someone was imagining their ideal older self than character description. She didn't say she looked like me, or that she was similar. To me it was as if this episode showed us that Watashi wasn't real "watashi" (=I) but more like ideal older "watashi". The real "watashi" are the fairies who seem to express and act upon her real needs and wishes. Notice how she wasn't surprised or shocked by the forest, she just noted it (that it wasn't real). That looked to me more like a kid imagining her own world with what he wanted, her making sweets for herself to eat. Interestingly, her grandfather ALWAYS showed up when she started doing it (maybe to tell her not to). In the end there were multiple Watashi what could be explained that her grandfather gave up and decided to help her with sweets what she imagined as her doing.

Watashi in our story is old enough to wonder about these stuff but she never does. She simply goes along with it. I think I might go back and rewatch all episodes to see how they fit into this.

About the assistant. I was thinking, we don't know his name, he can't talk we just know that wherever Watashi goes, assistant goes with her. Like a dog. What if he is really a dog but Watashi included him in her fantasies like a human? That explains why only her can tell what he thinks. This actually explains the thing about his t-shirt. Why? Grandfather decided she should get a friend, since she was lonely and told her they would go pick it up (in the end he went with her). But she wanted to cook sweets etc. He kept showing her pictures or various dogs (dogs in this episode) but she wasn't interested in them (she never paid attention to them and they all look the same). In the end, when he decided to help her cook sweets, she asked him what kind of dog it was. He told her that she can pick whichever she likes (how they told her it depends on her) and she said what kind of coat(=t-shirt) she wanted it to have. Did you notice how she found him in the middle of those dogs playing with them? He was just a little puppy she NOTICED (all the dogs look the same only the assistant doesn't) and she liked him to they bought him. In order not to feel alone, she imagined he was a real human who couldn't talk but she knew what he was thinking.

This theory actually explains everything (she heard of the probes probably from her grand father so she created a story in which she helped them not to feel alone, etc.). However, this theory is actually very sad. Her grand father is taking care of a mentally ill child without any help (no mention of grandmother or her parents). Either her real parents died or they didn't want to care about her because of her illness. :-(
Aug 17, 2012 11:32 AM

Dec 2011
The banana! Reminds me of the gel-banana in Steins;Gate.

The banana is used as a catalyst to travel back in time! Ahahaha.

It felt like I was watching a broken record with all of the scenes repeating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 3:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
This theory actually explains everything (she heard of the probes probably from her grand father so she created a story in which she helped them not to feel alone, etc.). However, this theory is actually very sad. Her grand father is taking care of a mentally ill child without any help (no mention of grandmother or her parents). Either her real parents died or they didn't want to care about her because of her illness. :-(
The thing to ask about this line of reasoning is, is it that she seems basically happy even though she is psychotic, or is it that being psychotic is what makes her seem basically happy?

I'm still assuming the fairies are real and Watashi just has a high tolerance for the Unusual, but your reasoning seems reasonable as well :)
Aug 17, 2012 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
Cratex said:
The thing to ask about this line of reasoning is, is it that she seems basically happy even though she is psychotic, or is it that being psychotic is what makes her seem basically happy?

Well, she lives in her ideal world so she has no reason to be sad quite the contrary (if you notice, there was never anything that would make her truly sad, another point to prove my theory). So, yeah, she's happy because she's psychotic.
Aug 17, 2012 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
Fiji said:

BEST DISSCUSION QUOTE EVER!!! =D God, your comment was the best thing ever in this disscusion!!!! Thank you so much man, your comment just made my day. =)
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Aug 17, 2012 7:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
HikaruIzumi said:

Well, she lives in her ideal world so she has no reason to be sad quite the contrary (if you notice, there was never anything that would make her truly sad, another point to prove my theory). So, yeah, she's happy because she's psychotic.
Works for me!
Aug 18, 2012 7:01 AM

Mar 2008
endlessabyss said:
The timeloops were pretty annoying. -___- How many times do one have to see the same scenes over and over again just to get story going?

"Same" scenes. Ok.
Aug 18, 2012 7:10 AM

Mar 2008
HikaruIzumi said:
This episode actually made me think about Watashi and the story a lot. I realised several things: Watashi is the only one known to be able to and seen talking to fairies. It was already mentioned here that she might be simply imagining that. I also realised that she talks in a... somehow weird way, way too formal and she throws a lot of information and complicated words randomly. And I was thinking, isn't that a way child might imagine an adult talking? On the other hand, fairies are A LOT like children, they tend to repeat stuff, do what they like not thinking of consequences and they eat sweets a lot. They also seem to be able to create objects and areas just like that (child's imagination). So, what if Watashi is just a little autistic kid living in her own world with her own imaginary friends who is taken care of by her grand father? Fairies are basically her real self while Watashi is simply her imagination of what she would be like when she grows up. She talks to the fairies the only way she knows, like people talk to her (giving her lessons about doing selfish stuff etc).

HikaruIzumi said:
You can see that she described herself and slender and elegant, that sounded to me more like someone was imagining their ideal older self than character description. She didn't say she looked like me, or that she was similar. To me it was as if this episode showed us that Watashi wasn't real "watashi" (=I) but more like ideal older "watashi". The real "watashi" are the fairies who seem to express and act upon her real needs and wishes. Notice how she wasn't surprised or shocked by the forest, she just noted it (that it wasn't real). That looked to me more like a kid imagining her own world with what he wanted, her making sweets for herself to eat. Interestingly, her grandfather ALWAYS showed up when she started doing it (maybe to tell her not to). In the end there were multiple Watashi what could be explained that her grandfather gave up and decided to help her with sweets what she imagined as her doing.

Watashi in our story is old enough to wonder about these stuff but she never does. She simply goes along with it. I think I might go back and rewatch all episodes to see how they fit into this.

HikaruIzumi said:
About the assistant. I was thinking, we don't know his name, he can't talk we just know that wherever Watashi goes, assistant goes with her. Like a dog. What if he is really a dog but Watashi included him in her fantasies like a human? That explains why only her can tell what he thinks. This actually explains the thing about his t-shirt. Why? Grandfather decided she should get a friend, since she was lonely and told her they would go pick it up (in the end he went with her). But she wanted to cook sweets etc. He kept showing her pictures or various dogs (dogs in this episode) but she wasn't interested in them (she never paid attention to them and they all look the same). In the end, when he decided to help her cook sweets, she asked him what kind of dog it was. He told her that she can pick whichever she likes (how they told her it depends on her) and she said what kind of coat(=t-shirt) she wanted it to have. Did you notice how she found him in the middle of those dogs playing with them? He was just a little puppy she NOTICED (all the dogs look the same only the assistant doesn't) and she liked him to they bought him. In order not to feel alone, she imagined he was a real human who couldn't talk but she knew what he was thinking.

I think we're all concerned about Watashi's mental health and therefore we began to think she might be insane. It can not be true, however Jinrui still leaves room for this kind of critical philosophical interpretation, and all of them I choose to believe in your explanation of not-facts.

My today share of internet points for you.

Edit: particularly, much of what you wrote I had already thought. You simply gathered all parts with a manual on how to assemble them.
PaninaManinaAug 18, 2012 7:24 AM
Aug 18, 2012 7:36 AM

Mar 2008
Fiji said:

Just an addendum: there is a belief about food in faerie world.
One who enters in faerie world must care to NOT eat while in there. If you eat or drink while in faerie world, you fall under the magic and logic of faerie world and find yourself trap.
Consequences may vary, but one that always occur is disorientation and disconnection of time flow in outside/humans world.
Aug 19, 2012 7:32 AM

Mar 2008
Soon...

"Being Watashi"

Aug 20, 2012 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Why, yes Watashi. Watashi is a bit dark. A very good episode, can't wait to see how the events unfold. It had me fooled, I thought this would be a one episode arc. Oh well, the homework of saving the chosen one is dangling right in front of your eyes Watashi, back to the mail! 5/5.
Aug 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Apr 2009
Ohhh time loops, Endless Eight and Groundhog Day just because they want more candy? o_O

Some of the theories among the posts are very enlightening and quite disconcerting it made me anxious a bit...I want to remain in the happy land with the fairies! TT_TT Yes, they're creepy with that permanent smiles on their faces but I still find them cute, creepy and adorable all at the same time. Anyway either mankind has really declined and in the future are struggling to survive along the supernatural fairies as portrayed or... it's all in Watashi's head and she's taking us for a ride in her psychosis. x_X

I think I need my meds now. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 29, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2011
W-What did I just watch???
Sep 1, 2012 7:31 PM

Feb 2010
People have some excellent theories on this thread... looking forward to more info and more theories!
Sep 4, 2012 8:37 AM

Jun 2009
I think I just found the best show of the year....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
So derp and confusing....what the hell did i just watch?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

prismheart - Sep 16, 2012

246 by superwaha »»
Feb 24, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.