Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uwaa~ Great episode! I was so angry at the end though >.< I want to know the results soo bad. XD
Aug 11, 2012 8:47 PM

Oct 2011
When it's too difficulty to come up with a choice yourself,just leave it to fair luck.Sometimes that's the best way to solve the issue.

This anime is such an inspirational masterpiece.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 11, 2012 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Nice way to decide with rock paper scissors at the end. Do hope that all of Team A can make it as astronauts no matter who wins the rock, paper, scissors eventually. All 5 of them really gel well together.
Aug 11, 2012 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
I wish all of Team A could become astronauts : (

I really want to know who wins..
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 11, 2012 9:21 PM
Mar 2011
i never realize a game of rock-paper-scissors could make me so emotional.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 11, 2012 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Looks like the next episode will have a flashback for ya-san. I hope there will also be an episode for Nitta.

I wonder who that inventor is.. (The one that ya-san emailed at the beginning of the episode)

And it looks like they are finally out of the sealed chamber.

This episode was alright, it was short, but it summarizes their last day in the sealed chamber. I didn't really enjoy how there was too many flashbacks from the previous episodes, but it was necessary to have those in this episode.

By the way, does anyone know how long this anime will be? Some people said that this anime will be 51 episodes long, while others said that it will just be 24... It would be disappointing for this anime to only have four episodes left.
Stephen_CurryAug 11, 2012 9:44 PM
Lebron James Sucks
Aug 11, 2012 10:10 PM
Jun 2008
Its really hard to choose whose the best when they all became good friends.
Aug 11, 2012 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
Another great episode, this is the kind of series that I really wish never ended

RandyF said:

By the way, does anyone know how long this anime will be? Some people said that this anime will be 51 episodes long, while others said that it will just be 24... It would be disappointing for this anime to only have four episodes left.

Well, according to this...

Hoshide is scheduled to appear in an episode of the anime that will air in early November.

Source

There will probably be 50-52 episodes (or more, who knows)
Aug 11, 2012 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
Posse said:
Another great episode, this is the kind of series that I really wish never ended

RandyF said:

Hoshide is scheduled to appear in an episode of the anime that will air in early November.

But that could easily be for an OVA right?

Though it is highly likely that uchuu kyoudai will be a two-cour anime, there really isn't any confirmation.

Source

Lebron James Sucks
Aug 11, 2012 10:50 PM

Apr 2010
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CLIFFHANGERS
Aug 11, 2012 11:09 PM

Jul 2011
That cliffhanger! And I really can't predict who will win rock-paper-scissors. When Furuya took out his notepad (and said he was dead last), I was like "Q~Q".

I wish this anime never ends~ But considering the long running shows I've seen, I think it'll be running for a year at most - or maybe 2 yrs if we're very lucky. Sigh. Love it so much though. D:
Aug 12, 2012 1:09 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome :)
an so very much like Mutta... trying not to make it nasty in the end (and he wasn't thinking about Serika but Fukuda) he's just adorable

still I agree that all people from A-Team would become astronauts.
Aug 12, 2012 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
Damn the cliffhanger. Like you guys, i really want all of team A to go through :'O
Aug 12, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2008
I really liked the time they have spent inside the place. It has been an exciting journey but it looks like its finally coming to an end .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 12, 2012 3:32 AM
Oct 2011
RandyF said:
Posse said:

RandyF said:

Though it is highly likely that uchuu kyoudai will be a two-cour anime, there really isn't any confirmation.

Source

But that could easily be for an OVA right?
I doubt it, if this show is a 24+ episode anime they could easily announce it beforehand, especially that we're on episode 20. So yes this will probably be a 48+ episode anime, I hope for it at least.

On topic:
I'm really speechless about this episode, another amazing one.
Candor123Aug 12, 2012 3:42 AM
Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

Jun 2010
Wtf. Episode too good. Why the cliffhanger >.< Damn, Great episode!!!
Aug 12, 2012 4:38 AM
Oct 2008
When this episode ended I was like already over, damn....
I love this show too bad it's underrated!
Aug 12, 2012 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
So damn eager for watching next weeks episode, great cliffhanger!!
Also that supposed 50-so episodes comments, I would love that
Aug 12, 2012 6:00 AM

Aug 2008
:')
I like the description of Mutta: "There are some people who are like rock, some like scissor and some like paper. Does anyone really know the strongest candidate?"

I love Uchuu Kyoudai! :)

Now that I think about it, didn't Jaxa forbid the person who received the green card to tell the others? The mean guy just revealed it to Makabe! :O
KuriniAug 12, 2012 4:59 PM
Aug 12, 2012 6:09 AM

Aug 2011
I wouldn't mind this anime being around 50 episodes. Could be less as well though, say 38 episodes. This anime is a masterpiece, it surprises me every episode.
Aug 12, 2012 6:15 AM
Aug 2011
Greatness is great. 51+ Please

I'm surprised though. I thought Mutta would chose Serika.

T_T Ya-san~

5/5
Aug 12, 2012 6:28 AM

Oct 2010
Seriously guys, it's as if you haven't been watching at all. There's no cliffhanger for the simple fact that whosoever win (howsoever they should settle tie-breakers) doesn't matter. I bet it's likely they wouldn't even show/confirm the 2 who actually do until, say, the next stage and only if those selections truly has any merit at all (aside from the obvious comic value, which I'm sure Mutta wouldn't fail to capitalize). XD

Anyway, considering the current pace the manga scanlation is going, this better have more than just 48-52 episodes. :o So far they've only covered 5 out of the 18 current volumes of the ongoing manga so...
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Aug 12, 2012 7:16 AM

Jun 2009
Just how great can this show become? I'm loving every single episode.
Also i just realized that Team C was shown maybe once through the whole test, wasn't it?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 12, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2011
great episode
I'm very grateful that this anime will run for one year ^_^
Aug 12, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
Glad to hear that the anime will still be running during the end of the year! It's already my favorite show this year.
Aug 12, 2012 8:16 AM

Jul 2010
By elimination unless there is a clear winner on the first try.
Aug 12, 2012 8:49 AM

May 2009
Mutta is precious, he really is. When he mentioned rock-paper-scissors, my heart got all warm and fuzzy and I had the biggest smile on my face. He's wonderful, as are the rest of the Team A members who've made this the dream team.

Watching these past few episodes depicting their isolation has been such a joy. I love this show.
Aug 12, 2012 8:58 AM

May 2012
So inspiring.. but the cliffhanger.... grrrrr.... This show is just simply beautiful.
Aug 12, 2012 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
Aug 12, 2012 11:28 AM

Jun 2010
I can't love Team A more than I do right now. What an amazing episode.
Aug 12, 2012 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode, but damn, dat cliffhanger :P.

5/5
Aug 12, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2011
I love Mutta~ The whole time I was shouting "Do rock-paper-scissors! Do it!!" I knew he'd suggest it. It's just so...him. ^^

Why can't they all be astronauts? How about possibly 1 or 2 from Team B, if ya want, but then let all of Team A pass and just toss Team C. I think that'd please everyone.

Ya-san... TT-TT
Aug 12, 2012 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
Muttas ideas are always best lol.

Aug 12, 2012 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
I don’t really like that they choose Rock Paper Scissors to determine the two people. Sure it makes for an entertaining show, but if everyone is professional then I don’t think it would be hard to choose the top two. Furuya showed that even though he really wanted to be an astronaut, he was able to accurately judge is own performance. I would have everyone write down each person’s strengths and weakness and build a consensus starting from that.
Aug 12, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Its been a long time since I've been such a good anime.
Aug 12, 2012 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
I was hoping they'd have reached a decision by now. The thing is, rock-paper-scissors is as fair a method as any, especially if no candidate is outstandingly bad. Those tests don't gauge how good an astronaut you will become. You can pick the most qualified people (traits, tests, etc.), but it doesn't mean they will work well with their future peers. Letting the candidates themselves decide who moves on is a much more horrible idea to begin with, so I doubt that's what JAXA is planning to do anyway. This episode dragged on a bit too long for me, especially on something that will most likely be of low consequence (the final decision, not the simulation).
Aug 12, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
a1oner said:
Seriously guys, it's as if you haven't been watching at all. There's no cliffhanger for the simple fact that whosoever win (howsoever they should settle tie-breakers) doesn't matter. I bet it's likely they wouldn't even show/confirm the 2 who actually do until, say, the next stage and only if those selections truly has any merit at all (aside from the obvious comic value, which I'm sure Mutta wouldn't fail to capitalize). XD

Agreed, this is not a cliffhanger at all, the result of the rock paper scissors is irrelevant, plus as they said in this episode "If JAXA wants you in, you will be in despite being one of the two people chosen or not"
Aug 12, 2012 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
I shouted NOOOO when the ed started :P
I want to know what the result of the RPS is, even though I know their choices won't be JAXA's choices, but they're taking it into consideration ;)
And that's what a cliffhanger is. making you want more. I'm sure everyone in this thread wants to know the result(except for the haters).

Aug 12, 2012 4:04 PM

May 2012
"Is your head fuzzy on the inside, too?" - lol, Furuya knows how to make me laugh :D
Aug 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Feb 2009
This show is amazing. I don't want to say goodbye to this lovely team of 5, it's been a fantastic ride seeing them bond.

The rock-paper-scissors decision was the best way to handle it I think. I just don't see how arguing which candidate was best would have worked out nicely.
Aug 12, 2012 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
Des said:
I shouted NOOOO when the ed started :P
I want to know what the result of the RPS is, even though I know their choices won't be JAXA's choices, but they're taking it into consideration ;)
And that's what a cliffhanger is. making you want more. I'm sure everyone in this thread wants to know the result(except for the haters).

Nope, a cliffhanger is when an episode ends in such a way that you say "YOU CAN'T END IT HERE". Making you want more is something that happens in every episode is the anime is really good (this anime is an example of that). I couldn't care less about who wins or loses the RPS (considering I'm pretty sure that JAXA's decision will not be based on that, I could be wrong though), what of course I'm really interested in is in knowing who gets selected.
Aug 12, 2012 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
tehy all should be astronauts!!!!!!!Ah mutta ur so smart...its suspencfull tho!
Aug 12, 2012 10:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Phaetons_Folly said:
I don’t really like that they choose Rock Paper Scissors to determine the two people. Sure it makes for an entertaining show, but if everyone is professional then I don’t think it would be hard to choose the top two. Furuya showed that even though he really wanted to be an astronaut, he was able to accurately judge is own performance. I would have everyone write down each person’s strengths and weakness and build a consensus starting from that.

Yup. Although that's not the Mutta way. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box and not like a machine.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 13, 2012 2:25 AM

Feb 2011
First time I shouted "Fuck" at my screen because of that cliffhanger.
Aug 13, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
Person who made the story should be rewarded...
just awesome, just simply AWESOME!
IZUMI64Aug 14, 2012 7:26 AM
Aug 13, 2012 7:23 AM

Jan 2011
The best episode so far, this was just amazing!
That cliffhanger made me (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 13, 2012 1:00 PM
Aug 2011
"Rock-paper-scissors is the fairest way to decide"

Enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next episode >_<
Aug 13, 2012 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
manly tears ohhhh god... ucchu kyoudai is so good.
Aug 13, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is a masterpiece there is just no other work to describe this show.

The best episode by far showing everything that Team A has gone through in the two weeks and how it has affected them as a person.

I'm glad Mutta had the idea of rock, paper, scissors as it will show JAXA that the team are not robots but they are creative and risk taking which is what an Astronaut needs to have in them.

I don't want to see Team A split up- I want them all to go through- I hope JAXA sees that Team A is the best team in general when it comes to being all rounded and a fresh spark to them.

As for Team B, I can see Tenshima and Kenji going through although the results based on the scores suggest that they are both last as I think JAXA will want them to go with them alot more than Mizoguchi (I hope that JAXA rejects him even if the scores vote him through).

The Next episode is going to feel like such a long wait now :@.
Aug 13, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
The most cliffhanging way to end an episode....great.

I had a huge hunch the entire time since this Tube-box arc started that this will be decided by rock-paper-scissors. It's the most fairest way to settle things, but it's so unpredictable how things will turn out. x|
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.