whose stronger
Yamamoto Takeshi
83.2%
Gokudera Hayoto
16.8%
107 votes
Oct 11, 2008 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
who do you think is stronger Yamamoto takeshi or Gokudera Hayoto i really dont know i think it would be a draw but what do you think
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 12, 2008 3:10 AM

Mar 2008
They both are strong, so I just can't choose XD
Oct 12, 2008 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
I chose yamamoto because he would think about what to do rather than Gokudera how he just does stuff before he thinks.

Oct 16, 2008 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
I would say Yamamoto. He's my favorite character so I'm going to be a little biased. But, looking at the facts - I haven't read the manga so correct me if I'm wrong - that also seems to be the case. In the first arc when they met Mukuro, Yamamoto was rated as the second strongest fighter in their school while Gokudera was third. Then, during the Varia arc, Yamamoto won his match against a tougher opponent. Plus, both Reborn and Mukuro seem to have an interest in Yamamoto.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 16, 2008 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
Yamamoto. Sorry Gokudera. But really, let's be practical, Yamamoto thinks more about what he's doing, even if Gokudera is a genius, he doesn't use it when fighting enough. Yamamoto's also physically in better shape, he's stronger and faster. Plus, water controlling sword beats dynamite every time.

Oct 25, 2008 11:06 AM

Oct 2008
Yamamoto. 'Coz he thinks more about what will he do.
About their strength... I think they're both strong...
一♥
A very proud admin in The Vongola Mafia Famiglia.
May 26, 2009 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Strength wise, Yamamoto is stronger yes.

... but in an actual fight? I think Gokudera would probably win because he has mid-range attacks whilst Yamamoto is close-range.... as stated by Reborn and therefore Gokudera immidietly has the upper-hand.

Furthermore, Gokudera is very strategic and is more intelligent than Yamamoto and in a fight I think he could be outwitted by Gokudera... because I do not think Yamamoto could have successfully fought against Belphegor.

So, in conclusion... my vote goes to Gokudera Hayato!!

:D
Jun 21, 2009 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
Yama.
Gokudera is strong and all, but he doesn't stand a chance against Yamamoto, he can defend and attack much stronger, and he's flames will just make Gokudera's ones weaker. So, Yama.
To FireFistBilly- Dude, he does'nt have to be close-range. In the Shigure Souen Style, he has some attacks that can be used as mid-range, and he got his swallow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jun 26, 2009 7:19 AM
Sep 2008
takeshi yamamoto!!! XD

Jul 14, 2009 12:36 AM

Sep 2008
I think Yamamoto is stronger than Gokudera, but I think that Gokudera has the potential to defeat Yamamoto. Would take a lot of work though.
Aug 9, 2009 9:24 PM

Jul 2009
as far as what i'm watching, Gokudera. though now I'm having second thoughts
xD

"You can't catch me. . ."
Aug 16, 2009 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
I think Yamamoto is stronger because he is calm. The calmness is very important in battle. Goku-chan's hothead isn't very useful when fighting. I chose Yamamoto.
Oct 13, 2009 1:32 AM

Oct 2009
I think Yama is stronger. Unlike Goku, Yama is able to stay cool-headed in a fierce battle. Besides, didnt Reborn mention that Yama is a natural born hitman? That's saying something. Go Yama-kun! :)
Oct 17, 2009 4:24 PM

Oct 2009
i can't say which one is stronger overall because they're both really strong with different kinds of strengths. i don't believe they're comparable to each other.
Oct 26, 2009 1:52 AM
Jun 2009
Whose stronger Yama or Goku??? well for me Yama because being strong it's not all about the knowledge u learn inside the classroom...and the one who are strong are the one that value life... Goku throw away his life that easy and doesn't care about what will happen to him... Also Yama is a fast learner and a born hitman like what Reborn always said...aside from that Hibari, Dino and Squalo show's some interest on Yama...XDDD
Nov 3, 2009 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
Gokudera doesn't throw his life away after Varia arc does he? XD
It isn't easy to say that, Gokudera has got Sistema C.A.I to protect himself and he has got
, also he has got Uri to fight. He's smart, too.
Yamamoto can use water to protect himself or something like that, and he learns faster than everyone. As Reborn says, that Yamamoochan is a born hitman. He might be naive, but he can be smart somehow XD
He can good at dodge from bullet and he has good reflex, too.

I voted Yamamoto, because I think he's stronger than Gokudera.
HinaHinaNov 4, 2009 8:02 AM
Feb 7, 2010 9:20 PM

Nov 2009
yamamoto!!!! he's born to be a hitman.. :D
Feb 28, 2010 10:07 AM

Jan 2010
Yamamoto ^^ because he's cooler :D
and throughout the series, he is shown to be stronger beating stronger characters :D
Mar 10, 2010 3:13 PM

Feb 2008
Gokudera:
* vs Tsuna - Lost
* vs Hibari - Lost
* vs Chikusa - Lost
* vs Chikusa - Undetermined
* vs Squalo - Lost
* vs Belphegor - Lost
* vs Leviathan - Won
* + Yamamoto vs Mammon - Lost
* vs Lal Mirch - Lost
* vs Nosaru - Won
* + Yamamoto vs Gamma - Lost
* + (Future) Ryohei vs Gamma - Undetermined
* + Shoichi and Spanner vs Kikyo - Lost
* + Lal Mirch and Gamma vs Zakuro - Undetermined

Yamamoto:
* vs Hibari - Lost
* vs Ken - Fake win
* vs Lanchia - Lost
* vs Squalo - Lost
* vs Squalo - Won
* + Gokudera vs Mammon and Belphegor - Lost
* (Future self) vs Nosaru - Undetermined
* + Gokudera vs Gamma - Lost
* vs Genkishi - Lost
* vs Saru - Won
* vs Daisy - Fake Win

It seems the winner is Yama.
Mar 13, 2010 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
Even though Yamamoto won more fights, the strengths of their opponents are different so it's still not clear who will actually win.

Personally, if they fought, i have a feeling that Yama can win against Goku. Though both of them improve greatly after training
:-D
Jun 12, 2010 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
ahh so hard to choose
but i would say yama
honestly goku often lose when he fight....DD;
yama looks have more potential since he is a swordsman :DD

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 13, 2010 8:11 PM

Jun 2010
Yamamoto ftw
Jun 21, 2010 8:44 AM

Aug 2009
Yamamoto, no doubt. Though I may be biased ^^"
but looking at the facts;
"Reborn clearly sees Yamamoto's potential and often mentions to Tsuna that Yamamoto is a natural born killer, mentioning as well that he is the best athlete in the entire Vongola Famiglia. His fast reflexes and strong body from sports gives him a natural advantage and he is shown to be able to dodge cannon fire and wayward fireworks. Yamamoto is also a quick learner, remembering all 8 forms of the Shigure Souen Style despite only being shown once. He also manages to develop a new form of the style in a life-or-death situation."
taken from Reborn Wiki

My opinion is that Yama is the 3rd strongest Guardian (excluding Tuna-kun), with only Hibari and Mukuro before him. Whether Hibari or Mukuro is stronger, that's a better question :D

Last.FM

Baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun.
Sep 12, 2010 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
That's not even a question anymore. Yamamoto wins by default.
Sep 21, 2010 11:55 PM

Jan 2010
truly equally strong, though gokudera doesn't think before act it's just that they have different style. Can't choose
Sep 22, 2010 4:30 AM

Sep 2010
Yamamoto's better in every way.
If they'd battle, Yama would obviously win because Gokudera's mid-range and it's not very easy to use if you're battling a melee fighter. Add to that, rain's tranquility effect renders the Sistema CAI's (occult-lookiing) barrier worthless.
Based on the battles they did.. still, Yama wins.

I like his attitude too. Not like Gokudera who's always rash and all.
Oct 28, 2010 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
Yamamoto would win. In terms of physical strength and battle instincts he's got Gokudera beat hands down. He's a natural born hitman according to reborn. Plus I think he's won more actual battles than Gokuderu who in my opinion was facing much weaker opponents than Yamamoto. I rank him in my top 3 strongest guardians as number 2 with Hibari as 1 and Mukuro 3rd. The fight I'd rather see would be Yamamoto VS Hibari. Though he would probably lose I don't think he'd be a pushover.
ashuriskissOct 28, 2010 11:20 AM
Jul 22, 2011 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
I think that Yamamoto is stronger. He always wins his battles (well not everytime, but most of), and Gokudera? He is one big fail!
Aug 22, 2011 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
i think yamamoto is stronger and has more potential. reborn has interests in him too and claims that he's a naturally born hitman during the fight with squalo. and he even came up with a new attack /technique during midbattle. and he was rated 2nd most strongest student in nanamori (forgot how to spell ;__;) while gokudera was 3rd, which was pretty surprising since yamamoto's been playing baseball all his life and gokudera's been involved with the mafia and even had training before that. so yeah, i think yamamoto would win :P
May 21, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2010
Yamamoto... Duh!
Aug 9, 2012 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
i choose yamamoto :D
one of the reasons he's my fav, is because i think he has the potential to be the strongest guardian !! as everybody said, he's a natural born hitman, and lot of chara has interests in him (reborn, hibari, squalo...) plus, i think his opponents are much stronger than gokudera's, as an exemple, in varia arc, he fought, and won against squalo, varia's 2nd strongest man, and a candidate to be varia boss !
so yes, definitely yamamoto rules !!
Sep 14, 2012 5:01 AM

Jun 2012
I think Yamamoto is much stronger. As reborn said he was a natural-born hitman.
Jul 6, 2013 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
They are both strong. Their abilities and skills are different. We can't really tell unless we get to see them battle each other seriously.

Just voted for Yamamoto anyway, since this is a Yama club. Let him win this poll.

------

EDIT: Oh my gosh. I'm so totally obsessed with 8059 now. My answer has changed though, Yamamoto is definitely stronger. Heck, I bet he can even beat Hibari if he's very serious.
hitokoujiNov 29, 2013 7:56 PM

||
Oct 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2013
how bias, this is Yamamoto's fanclub, of course every one will choose Yamamoto
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Yamaoto Takeshi: Old or Young?

Homunkulas - Aug 17, 2009

34 by akatsukireunites »»
Oct 5, 2013 9:43 AM

» Why do you love Yamamoto?

amayadori - Oct 16, 2008

25 by akatsukireunites »»
Oct 5, 2013 9:42 AM

Poll: » [SPOILERS]Which box weapon do you like more?

Homunkulas - Oct 26, 2009

10 by ShinXI »»
Aug 9, 2012 11:28 AM

» Member Cards *CLOSED!* ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cissnei - Jan 5, 2010

201 by Cissnei »»
Apr 18, 2010 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.