Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
I do agree with Ranivus about the cannon ball thing, I mean how the hell could he not notice them? But, I actually do like Usopp quite a lot though. I can't say this is one of my favorite OP episodes, not even close.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 21, 2011 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
Haha, Usopp was finally in his place this episode.
It was awesome, how Zoro showed why I love him so much. He's so epic, and if he would ever leave the crew, the anime and manga would really fall in my eyes.
Jul 24, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
FUCK YES FINALLY EVERYONE'S TOGETHER
Nov 24, 2011 11:48 AM

Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:
I do agree with Ranivus about the cannon ball thing, I mean how the hell could he not notice them? But, I actually do like Usopp quite a lot though. I can't say this is one of my favorite OP episodes, not even close.

You both fail to realize that this wasn't about cannonballs and their distraction. You would need to be blind and deaf not to notice them. It was obvious that the crew was ignoring him and that Usopp saw it through. Cannonballs had little to no impact in that scene, since the main subject was Usopp's return.

Anyway, this looks like a good development for a whole crew. Zoro certainly had a point there. And finally, everyone is back together. Looking forward to the next adventures.
Jan 31, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2012
zoro's just great. he showed in this episode that he is definitely first mate of the ship, or vice-captain or whatever usopp calls it. he said exactly what i was thinking and he said it firmly. zoro is always there to support luffy when needed, adding his particular brand of insight and backbone. he does the gritty things that need to be done and acts as a perfect complement to luffy's kind, easygoing nature.
Mar 17, 2012 8:47 PM

Jan 2010
What I love the most about this episode is that next to everybody's anxiousness, even Zoro showed some anxiety and hope that Usopp would come back. It really completed the humanity of everyone's character I think.

And I think Usopp made up all his silly excuses and ways to get back to the crew because he was really nervous that they would actually reject him. I love how everybody was just so anxious to get back together, their crew wouldn't be complete without him, Robin, or (as of now) Franky XD.
Apr 14, 2012 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Homolust said:
FUCK YES FINALLY EVERYONE'S TOGETHER
May 19, 2012 10:06 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode! I just LOVE how emotions and relationships are shown in One Piece. This show is damn masterpiece and every episode of such powerful impact makes me more sure that it really is.
Aug 16, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
So... why are the cannonballs exploding? They sure look like solid iron to me :>
Oct 7, 2012 8:07 PM
Sep 2012
TehRoboRoller said:
So... why are the cannonballs exploding? They sure look like solid iron to me :>

Haven't you noticed that almost all of the cannonballs in OP explode?
Oct 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Mar 2010
Well apology accepted, so thats good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Sep 2009
Thank You, Zoro.
That is exactly what I've been saying.
Aside from Usopp being my least favourite character,
I really hated him for that whole Going Merry Duel thing.

Sure, we put that aside in the face of the awesomeness that is Sogeking~
But once Usopp started expecting them to beg him to come back,
I was like here we go again -_-

Zoro is right. If you can challenge your Captain over something like that,
and leave your nakama,
then what are we really doing here?

-----------------------------
Dammit, he's back. >.>
Apr 29, 2013 9:01 PM
Jan 2013
Everyone else has already pretty much summed up how I feel about this episode. I loved it, from Zoro's speech, to Usopp's journey to manhood. Can't wait for more. IKOU!!
Jun 23, 2013 10:36 PM
Feb 2013
Zoro was harsh, I wouldn't want to take Usopp back unless he came back begging after what he did.
Jul 31, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
such a sweet and touching episode :') i'm glad that usopp finally came to terms with his mistakes.
it was so cute when luffy reached out his arm in the end and started bawling so hard.
you can really feel the friendship between these two!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
MorEdel said:
Awesome episode! I just LOVE how emotions and relationships are shown in One Piece. This show is damn masterpiece and every episode of such powerful impact makes me more sure that it really is.

So true :) I feel the same way for this show...
Zoro was always like that. He is giving the crew the tough love they really need. Someone has to do it. That's why seeing him smiling at the end was so touching...
Meg-nyan said:
it was so cute when luffy reached out his arm in the end and started bawling so hard.
you can really feel the friendship between these two!

Also true ^ I think those two are really close friends.
Everyone at the nakama is bond to everyone else with different ways and for different reasons. And that is one of the things I love at One Piece.
For Usopp's case I think he is "best friends" with Luffy, doing all the stupid funny things together, along with Chopper, he respects deeply Zoro and admires him (that's why when he asked forgiveness for losing the money he fall at Zoro's feet), he feels more comfortable with Sanji and if he wants protection or help Sanji is the first person to call, he bonded with Nami for being the two weakest and that's why he ended up making her weapon and as for Robin we saw them bond during this arc (Usopp was the one who found her at the train, he told her to believe in Luffy etc).
And the same goes for the rest of the crew. Is just a sample of how complete, well thought and written is Oda's story.
Jan 25, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
Usopp... i was kinda hoping they'd leave without him, i mean 3 days... 3 days... they waited knowing he was going to ask to rejoin... and he didn't show. for once it wasn't because he's a cowardly crybaby. which he is, and always will be.

still it wouldn't be one piece without the little chicken ****, and .... .. he does make a pretty good 3rd sword for zoro
Apr 18, 2014 8:25 PM

Feb 2014
Loved this episode! Emotional, funny and just EPIC! Really liked Zoro's speech during that flashback. And finally Usopp has apologised and is back with the crew!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
May 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
Touching episode T_T
All 8 members just abroad
Let's go adventure again!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 10, 2014 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
A touching episode. The crew is finally complete again!

Zoro was very harsh, but Usopp did need to step up to the plate and humble himself. Despite his harshness, him and the rest of the crew were so anxious while leaving. Even I felt uncomfortable during their departure.

I'm glad they're all back together again! :D
Jul 26, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
Nico Robin & Usopp are the only 3 dimensional characters on the crew. SO when people post ignorant bs like "Usopp should die" it's just pitiful.
Jul 30, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
Whatta sad episode,i almost cried but in the end the crew was complete.

Sep 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
I know that Usopp was at fault, but I didn't like Zoro's attitude towards him, even though he might have been right.
Anyway, I'm glad they're all together again.
Jun 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
On to the next one
Aug 20, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2015
God damn, I've cried too many times during this arc
Oct 20, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
Ranivus said:
I still hate Usopp, most worthless character in the show and still manages to be the loudest. Makes me want to punch babies when I hear him talk. All he can see is them leaving but he's too stupid to see a 1000 canon balls flying at them. Fcuking retard.

Plz put this piece of shit out of his misery.

can't agree more :T
Apr 17, 2016 4:30 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
An ok episode. But too many flashbacks.

May 31, 2016 8:06 PM

Jun 2015
Ok so we leave Water 7 now let's go get
Yohohoho ♫
Jul 22, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2015
Finally, Usopp admits to being immature! Hopefully as the gang moves forward they understand each other more
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2016 12:38 PM
Dec 2015
Well, well, everyone's 'favourite' Straw Hat has rejoined the crew and Zoro having good character development as well.
Oct 29, 2018 3:19 PM

Jun 2016
I nearly cried happy tears this episode. I was on the brink.... Holy cow..... This is one of my favorite episodes in the series. Somehow the ending of Water 7 has been one of its greatest parts.

I had predicted Zoro suggested they leave Usopp behind in that scene when we saw it from Usopp's POV and it looks like I was right. Maybe I'm just a massive Zosopp fan but I feel like this episode was freaking awesome for the two of them. It gave Zoro so much freaking depth too...

Zoro had a good point. He is the person who respects Luffy the most, he is so loyal to him he’d willingly die fighting for him without flinching. In fact, despite how much I think he’s been bonding with Usopp he was the only one who stayed with Luffy and didn’t follow Usopp out when he left the crew for the first time. Loyalty to his captain comes before friendship, something that isn’t so black and white for the other crew members. Not only this, but one of the first notable Zoro moments was when he accepted death with open arms for a swordsman's pride against Mihawk. Vivi doesn’t call him Mr. Bushido for no reason. He is a very traditional kind of swordsman who really holds those kinds of things highly. Usopp has ought to come forward as a man and sincerely apologize if he wants back and if Luffy were to let him do anything but that he’d be allowing Usopp to walk all over him. Out of friendship he’d show weakness and Zoro refuses to have that… But, it’s not only that. I would put so much money on it being that he cares about Usopp too, I mean that parts obvious. He knows Usopp wants to be a brave warrior. He knows that Usopp should man up and accept reality, man up to his mistakes. That would be what’s best for Usopp in the first place. Zoro doesn’t want to see a pathetic Usopp who refuses to be brave and accept his mistakes. He wants Usopp to come back strong and show him he can trust him. He wants Usopp to come back being the best he can be. I think both of these make his strong emotions, going so far to tell Nami to shut up and threatening his own leaving the crew, so powerful. Usopp started a duel as a man so he better finish it as one too. Luffy knew it too, that’s why his whole obvious facade of confidence stuck around since then with him sweating up a storm.

Meanwhile on Usopp’s side, Usopp felt as if he would be rejected and he was in the awkward situation of trying to rejoin after fighting his own captain. Of course, how would you do that without owning up to your mistakes? And doing that isn’t easy. He tried to justify that he fought with them as Sogeking, how could they forget it?! But, I think that’s the point. That man who fought with them was Sogeking for a reason. Usopp knew he couldn’t join back with them even just for saving Robin. That’s why he used a disguise in the first place because after what he did he couldn't join back with them, he didn’t deserve to. His entire character arc was one of rejecting reality. He got destructive because he couldn’t deal with a loss of his friend, his diminishing strength and inability to keep up with his own dream in his eyes, and the fact that he by his own logic wasn’t someone worthy of being on the crew. He couldn’t deal with it so he decided he’d keep Merry going no matter how impossible it was, he decided he may as well just leave the crew because he can’t keep up, he lashed out. That was Usopp. Sogeking was a step in the right direction, he had realized his own strength, he was able to say goodbye to his friend, he made progress, but that wasn’t Usopp. That was still him hiding his identity, not coming to terms with his mistakes, he never faced reality completely. That changed though, he finally broke down and screamed to them how freaking sorry he was. HE, USOPP, IS SORRY! That was so special.

The whole crews reactions to it was wonderful. To jump back to my suspicion of Zoro doing it yes, out of his own code, and for Luffy and the crews sake, but also for Usopp’s sake out of kindness in his heart, just listen to how he told Chopper he couldn’t hear Usopp when he actually could. The first words out of Usopp’s mouth better be a sincere apology, but even though they weren’t he kept waiting. When Usopp hadn’t shown up he too shook with anger. And when he finally apologized he smirked and said, “Usopp”. In fact, his reaction was the most telling out of any of the Straw Hats. The faith he had in Usopp coming back and manning up, being a brave warrior and finishing off the duel he started correctly, it wasn’t unfounded. Usopp wouldn’t be being true to himself if they let him come back casually or came to get him himself. The brave warrior who fought for Robin’s sake with the crew “Sogeking”, is here with Usopp and he just had to make sure Usopp could get it out of himself.
I may be going too far, but to me, Zoro’s expressions are ones of confidence. He was upset earlier when Usopp hadn’t shown up yet, but once he finally did and apologized for his betrayal Zoro’s expression is one of his faith being reaffirmed.

This was so freaking special for Zoro. He felt so strongly about this for his own codes sake, for his crews sake and Luffy’s sake, and for Usopp’s sake. That’s why he came off so “raw” or “unpolished”. Luffy was going to do the first thing ever that Zoro disagreed with and he made a stand, refused to stand by as they babied Usopp back. That was freaking great. Zoro was so strongly motivated from three different directions.

But, all that would be avoiding talking about how special everyone else felt about the return of Usopp too. Sanji and Nami and Chopper all had it hard. You could tell how broken they were, but they were so happy when he made it back. Luffy on the other hand was amazing. His awkward fake confidence and laughing while on the verge of breaking down was so obvious it was great. It’s why my actual favorite part of this episode was when Luffy’s hand was in front of Usopp and finally the facade broke and he started bawling his eyes out screaming “YOU IDIOT! GRAB MY HAND ALREADY!”

Speaking of the art this episode it was some of the best. It was so expressive! It reminded me of Fukumoto’s signature artwork where he distorts reality to get some extremely raw human emotions.

The crew is back and I’m so freaking happy I could cry. This episode showed so much depth to Zoro and Usopp especially developing and exploring those two a heck of a ton, but also emotional depth to Luffy and the others. It was so tense and human and cathartic. :D Usopp is going to be so much emotionally stronger after this arc terrorized him so much.
May 14, 2019 11:42 PM
Aug 2017
Zoro was right, Ussop just cant be honest with himself. Its good to see occasional reminders they aint playing pirate, it puts some depth into the show. This is why I love one piece and not dropped it. Well its good to see the crew all together again and that stupid issue with Ussop solved lol, we got Franky too.
Jun 13, 2020 11:27 PM

May 2016
As much as I'd want to chew on Zoro for not wanting to immediately accept Usopp back in the team, he's completely right regarding the points he had raised. Despite his reasons for doing so and his superb role in fighting against CP9, the things he said to Luffy in defiance of his decision as Captain were horrible at the very least. He spoke against his leader and discarded both their friendship and his membership on the crew on impulse over his insecurities. Luffy's First Mate was the perfect person to remind everyone that despite being who he is, their leader is the boss and his kindness should not be exploited even if he's fine with it.

I'm very glad that Usopp finally said what he wanted to say instead of beating around the bush by making pointless excuses to escape the responsibilities that came with his actions to the end. I felt so happy that he was finally accepted back in the crew too ♡

May 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Jun 2019
And that's why we have a Zoro in the crew.
Jul 2, 2021 6:28 PM

Dec 2012
FUCKING NINJAS CUTTING ONIONS

Sep 14, 2021 10:13 AM
Jan 2021
Now I'm convinced that Luffy cannot and must not sail on the seas without having Zoro on his side. The Straw Hats need someone with a commonsensical characteristic to keep everything balanced.
Dec 23, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2017
Funny how Chopper could easily smell Usopp from a distance but didn't recognize Sogeking! I was impressed by Zoro's rationale! Even Sanji himself couldn't say anything but agreed to him. Luffy needs someone sensible in his crew, when he becomes the Pirate King, he will get all the respect he deserved.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 30, 2021 3:12 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Luffy's gramps I strong, throwing cannon balls with his own hands.
Mar 5, 2022 3:35 PM

Oct 2020
And here comes a new arc :)
These last ones were amazing !
Mar 24, 2022 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
This reconciliation hits all of the right notes. I love how it starts off with Usopp's usual shtick as he tries to mash together all of those rehearsed scenarios in a panic. It gradually sinks in what he's about to lose and how he has to come out of his shell and lay all of his true feelings bare. Thematically it's excellent for Usopp as he's protected himself his whole life through tall tales and lies.

Also a great shoutout to Zoro's wisdom. He's stern, but still cares deeply for his comrades. He has standards for them and wants them to remain as sharp as his swords.
Mar 25, 2022 10:30 PM
May 2020
roronoa zoro is based
Jul 22, 2022 2:41 PM

Nov 2017
Usopp is stronger than everyone in this thread combined

plz @ me
Aug 12, 2022 9:41 PM

Apr 2018
Even though I understand where Usopp and Luffy were coming from during their altercation, Zoro made a valid point. No one will take Luffy seriously if he keeps shrugging it off like it's no big deal; he needs to start acting more like a captain for people to respect him and take him seriously. I'm glad that Usopp gave up his stubborn pride and apologized loud and clear for all of the crew to hear. Now, everyone is here including Franky! Yay!

P.s. Chopper is toooooo cute! T^T
Oct 7, 2022 4:22 PM
Feb 2022
Al fin todos están juntos otra vez.
Jan 8, 2023 9:49 AM
Oct 2019
USOPP!!!!!! *ugly sobbing* it's so nice to see the crew care about each other so much (especially Sanji, and subtly Zoro, like I did not expect that ☺️)
Feb 13, 2023 6:37 AM
Aug 2020
awww bless his little heart.
May 18, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
Good, Usopp finally apologized!!
Jun 25, 2023 2:46 AM
Apr 2020
yeah ohk so i guess what they did was the right desion. usopp just felt pitifull i dont they think they should have gone that far.
Jul 15, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2019
When Zoro told everyone that they shouldn't rush and invite Usopp back to the crew, I didn't really get it. But after Zoro explained why, I agreed with all the points he made. Usopp shouldn't make excuses; he should take responsibility for his mistakes and apologize.

The scene where Usopp was running towards the ship had me completely captivated. His first words weren't an apology, yet the crew pretended not to hear him (except Chopper, of course). Finally, towards the end, Usopp expressed what he truly wanted to say instead of offering excuses—he sincerely apologized. For the crew, those were his first words. I'm so glad he's back. This arc has been truly amazing for his character<3
Jul 30, 2023 2:31 AM

Mar 2017
Zoro speaking absolute facts this episode. You can't have temper tantrums, storm out and leave your crew, then challenge your captain to a duel only to then expect him to beg for you to come back. 

Ussop can be annoying at times, but like I've said before he's one of those people that even though they can be annoying and have lots of flaws, if that person's heart is in the right place, that's all that really matters. You can still form a bond and be good friends with them. But Ussop's behaviour earlier in the arc was just unacceptable IMO. That said, I'm really pleased with how they handled his return. It was really emotional to finally hear Ussop apologise. 

I have a new found respect for Zoro too. He is the backbone that is really needed in the crew. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.