Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2007 9:38 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, great, emotional episode. Usopp finally sucked up it like a man and apologized. All the flashbacks where Luffy and Usopp fought really made me realize how long ago that was and the tense and emotions of that episode. I remember watching that I not really believing my eyes.

This episode's animation, for some reason, looked really amazing to me. It's a great start to them on another adventure - the Thriller Bark arc. It's supposed to start in October, so we'll probably have a few fillers in between.
Sep 11, 2007 12:00 AM

Dec 2006
I was laughing so hard during the crying scene near the end, haha. Really awesome episode! I can't wait for the new arc; The Thriller Bark Arc, is the most current one in the manga from what i remember.

I'm a little sad that the anime is catching up though, hopefully the quality of the show won't falter like so many good manga adaptations have in the past.
リスト 。。

Sep 11, 2007 2:22 AM

Jun 2007
The crying scene was both dramatic and really funny. God I love those 2, so its good to see the whole cast together again. The preview looks pretty sweet aswell! Garp is back xD
Then its probably time for a short filler.
Sep 15, 2007 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
Usopp finally did it! It was hilarious how they were both crying like babies =p and now, the whole crew with a new addition is back again. And I have to say Zoro did some serious talking back there but it adds realism and what he said was especially true.

Fillers again? Well, it's not so bad I suppose. One Piece have always managed to bring us some good, enjoyable fillers. Perhaps, we will get to see more of the crew's interactions with Franky. I wouldn't mind that at all. It would be fitting since he just joined them.
Sep 16, 2007 2:59 AM

Jun 2007
The next 2 episodes will be kinda filler. But not completely ^^ I do expect a filler arc to start soon though. But yea its probably not going to be too bad. Since we have a new crewmember now, So they can work with that.

I really have respect for Zoro now. His little speech showed us how he truly cares about the crew. He had a good point. Letting anyone join and leave whenever they want, causes the bond the crew has to crumble eventually.
Its not like he hates Usopp. I loved his expression when he saw Usopp apologizing.
Sep 16, 2007 6:42 AM

May 2007
Yessss - Usopp is back!
I liked Zoros talk about the Usopps situation and that he must apologize before he can return to his nakamas. It didn't help that I was expecting a big dramatic cry-baby scene, so I laughed really hard when those two idiots cried xD

No matter what follows next - I'm always looking forward to new One Piece episodes!
Sep 16, 2007 12:56 PM

Jul 2006
I enjoyed this episode very much. I especially liked how the entire crew was glad to have him back (including Zoro).
Nov 8, 2009 11:47 AM

May 2008
It's good to see the whole crew back together again..
Jan 4, 2010 8:17 PM

Feb 2009
Wow I wasn't expecting Zoro to react like that! He really showed personality and at the same time it showed how he cares for that crew. Zoro grew on me as a character in this episode, amazing development here.

The episode was a little slow, but it ended up being emotional and funny as well, those 2 wouldn't be able to be without each other after all they've been through, and the crew would for sure lose its craziest moments!
Jan 26, 2010 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
Yay, Usopp finally apologised. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 29, 2010 4:31 PM

May 2008
LOL Luffy's face when he was crying was hilarious, glad Usopp came back=)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 22, 2010 1:08 PM

Mar 2007
I still hate Usopp, most worthless character in the show and still manages to be the loudest. Makes me want to punch babies when I hear him talk. All he can see is them leaving but he's too stupid to see a 1000 canon balls flying at them. Fcuking retard.

Plz put this piece of shit out of his misery.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Feb 22, 2010 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
^ you are retarded -_-

Usopp is the most original character and the funniest..
doenst have supernatural powers and shit.. he makes the weapons with his hands etc..

usopp pwn
Mar 4, 2010 12:20 PM

Feb 2009
Ranivus said:
I still hate Usopp, most worthless character in the show and still manages to be the loudest. Makes me want to punch babies when I hear him talk. All he can see is them leaving but he's too stupid to see a 1000 canon balls flying at them. Fcuking retard.

Fail
Jul 31, 2010 12:18 PM
Jul 2010
LOL, Usopp is a perfect character: damn funny, invents cool stuff, can be very manly (Sogeking) and so on. I just accept Veethorn's last comment.

It would've ruined the show if Usopp would have stayed on Water 7.
Aug 11, 2010 8:53 PM

Jun 2008
Ranivus said:

I was never a fan of Usopp but after reading the manga and rewatching this show a few times, he really grew on me. And I'm a HUGE fan of his seiyuu now, his vocal nuances are amazing.

And yah, tho Luffy always seems to know what to do in most situations, sometimes he needs to be taught how to be a good captain, just like when Vivi told him not to fight on Drum Island. And Zoro is just so pimp!
Aug 12, 2010 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
Zoro really highlighted this situation, and if Zoro ever left the crew Id drop One Piece without flinching.
Dec 27, 2010 12:19 AM

Jul 2007
dang this episode was pretty nice, not as awesome as other leaving segments but still pretty good. Garb is one strong guy being able to throw canon balls with his bare hands.
ArtimesGamerDec 27, 2010 12:36 AM

Apr 2, 2011 7:43 PM

May 2010
ahh.. it feels much better when the crew is complete :-) an emotional but gratifying end at the end of the episode :-)
Apr 2, 2011 9:38 PM

Jul 2007
SkyFade said:
Zoro really highlighted this situation, and if Zoro ever left the crew Id drop One Piece without flinching.

I think out of all the straw hats. Zoro is the one that respects luffy the most and knows more then anyone his personality and how he has changed over the course of there journey. After all, he was the first straw hat. So i think zoro leaving the crew is definitely next to impossible.

Apr 19, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
I do agree with Ranivus about the cannon ball thing, I mean how the hell could he not notice them? But, I actually do like Usopp quite a lot though. I can't say this is one of my favorite OP episodes, not even close.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 21, 2011 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
Haha, Usopp was finally in his place this episode.
It was awesome, how Zoro showed why I love him so much. He's so epic, and if he would ever leave the crew, the anime and manga would really fall in my eyes.
Jul 24, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
FUCK YES FINALLY EVERYONE'S TOGETHER
Nov 24, 2011 11:48 AM

Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:
I do agree with Ranivus about the cannon ball thing, I mean how the hell could he not notice them? But, I actually do like Usopp quite a lot though. I can't say this is one of my favorite OP episodes, not even close.

You both fail to realize that this wasn't about cannonballs and their distraction. You would need to be blind and deaf not to notice them. It was obvious that the crew was ignoring him and that Usopp saw it through. Cannonballs had little to no impact in that scene, since the main subject was Usopp's return.

Anyway, this looks like a good development for a whole crew. Zoro certainly had a point there. And finally, everyone is back together. Looking forward to the next adventures.
Jan 31, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2012
zoro's just great. he showed in this episode that he is definitely first mate of the ship, or vice-captain or whatever usopp calls it. he said exactly what i was thinking and he said it firmly. zoro is always there to support luffy when needed, adding his particular brand of insight and backbone. he does the gritty things that need to be done and acts as a perfect complement to luffy's kind, easygoing nature.
Mar 17, 2012 8:47 PM

Jan 2010
What I love the most about this episode is that next to everybody's anxiousness, even Zoro showed some anxiety and hope that Usopp would come back. It really completed the humanity of everyone's character I think.

And I think Usopp made up all his silly excuses and ways to get back to the crew because he was really nervous that they would actually reject him. I love how everybody was just so anxious to get back together, their crew wouldn't be complete without him, Robin, or (as of now) Franky XD.
Apr 14, 2012 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Homolust said:
FUCK YES FINALLY EVERYONE'S TOGETHER
May 19, 2012 10:06 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode! I just LOVE how emotions and relationships are shown in One Piece. This show is damn masterpiece and every episode of such powerful impact makes me more sure that it really is.
Aug 16, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
So... why are the cannonballs exploding? They sure look like solid iron to me :>
Oct 7, 2012 8:07 PM
Sep 2012
TehRoboRoller said:
So... why are the cannonballs exploding? They sure look like solid iron to me :>

Haven't you noticed that almost all of the cannonballs in OP explode?
Oct 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Mar 2010
Well apology accepted, so thats good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Sep 2009
Thank You, Zoro.
That is exactly what I've been saying.
Aside from Usopp being my least favourite character,
I really hated him for that whole Going Merry Duel thing.

Sure, we put that aside in the face of the awesomeness that is Sogeking~
But once Usopp started expecting them to beg him to come back,
I was like here we go again -_-

Zoro is right. If you can challenge your Captain over something like that,
and leave your nakama,
then what are we really doing here?

-----------------------------
Dammit, he's back. >.>
Apr 29, 2013 9:01 PM
Jan 2013
Everyone else has already pretty much summed up how I feel about this episode. I loved it, from Zoro's speech, to Usopp's journey to manhood. Can't wait for more. IKOU!!
Jun 23, 2013 10:36 PM
Feb 2013
Zoro was harsh, I wouldn't want to take Usopp back unless he came back begging after what he did.
Jul 31, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
such a sweet and touching episode :') i'm glad that usopp finally came to terms with his mistakes.
it was so cute when luffy reached out his arm in the end and started bawling so hard.
you can really feel the friendship between these two!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
MorEdel said:
Awesome episode! I just LOVE how emotions and relationships are shown in One Piece. This show is damn masterpiece and every episode of such powerful impact makes me more sure that it really is.

So true :) I feel the same way for this show...
Zoro was always like that. He is giving the crew the tough love they really need. Someone has to do it. That's why seeing him smiling at the end was so touching...
Meg-nyan said:
it was so cute when luffy reached out his arm in the end and started bawling so hard.
you can really feel the friendship between these two!

Also true ^ I think those two are really close friends.
Everyone at the nakama is bond to everyone else with different ways and for different reasons. And that is one of the things I love at One Piece.
For Usopp's case I think he is "best friends" with Luffy, doing all the stupid funny things together, along with Chopper, he respects deeply Zoro and admires him (that's why when he asked forgiveness for losing the money he fall at Zoro's feet), he feels more comfortable with Sanji and if he wants protection or help Sanji is the first person to call, he bonded with Nami for being the two weakest and that's why he ended up making her weapon and as for Robin we saw them bond during this arc (Usopp was the one who found her at the train, he told her to believe in Luffy etc).
And the same goes for the rest of the crew. Is just a sample of how complete, well thought and written is Oda's story.
Jan 25, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
Usopp... i was kinda hoping they'd leave without him, i mean 3 days... 3 days... they waited knowing he was going to ask to rejoin... and he didn't show. for once it wasn't because he's a cowardly crybaby. which he is, and always will be.

still it wouldn't be one piece without the little chicken ****, and .... .. he does make a pretty good 3rd sword for zoro
Apr 18, 2014 8:25 PM

Feb 2014
Loved this episode! Emotional, funny and just EPIC! Really liked Zoro's speech during that flashback. And finally Usopp has apologised and is back with the crew!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
May 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
Touching episode T_T
All 8 members just abroad
Let's go adventure again!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 10, 2014 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
A touching episode. The crew is finally complete again!

Zoro was very harsh, but Usopp did need to step up to the plate and humble himself. Despite his harshness, him and the rest of the crew were so anxious while leaving. Even I felt uncomfortable during their departure.

I'm glad they're all back together again! :D
Jul 26, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
Nico Robin & Usopp are the only 3 dimensional characters on the crew. SO when people post ignorant bs like "Usopp should die" it's just pitiful.
Jul 30, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
Whatta sad episode,i almost cried but in the end the crew was complete.

Sep 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
I know that Usopp was at fault, but I didn't like Zoro's attitude towards him, even though he might have been right.
Anyway, I'm glad they're all together again.
Jun 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
On to the next one
Aug 20, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2015
God damn, I've cried too many times during this arc
Oct 20, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
Ranivus said:

can't agree more :T
Apr 17, 2016 4:30 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
An ok episode. But too many flashbacks.

May 31, 2016 8:06 PM

Jun 2015
Ok so we leave Water 7 now let's go get
Yohohoho ♫
Jul 22, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2015
Finally, Usopp admits to being immature! Hopefully as the gang moves forward they understand each other more
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2016 12:38 PM
Dec 2015
Well, well, everyone's 'favourite' Straw Hat has rejoined the crew and Zoro having good character development as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Jan 1, 2010

54 by kejora »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

165 by Turisuto »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.