Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2012 12:09 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY! Oh man. I've been waiting forever for Mitsuhide.
Nobu/Mitsu moments next week! Woo!!
Aug 9, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
That episode was a step in the right direction after last weeks disaster. Hopefully we'll get a longer arc here with Nobunaga and Mitsuhide.

Aug 9, 2012 1:21 PM

Aug 2011
Looks like its getting serious now. At first i really didn't like the episode...but it wasn't until the end when everything came together for me. Nice episode and next one should be better with more of the characters interacting.
Aug 9, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2010
Im so mind fucked right now, what the hell? inception.
Aug 9, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
Mind = blown

Hydnlife said:
Im so mind fucked right now, what the hell? inception.
Yep lol.
Aug 9, 2012 6:16 PM

Aug 2010
Right when you thought everything was wrapped with everything being a play they seem to go away from that right at the end.
Aug 9, 2012 7:10 PM
Jun 2008
the only words to say on this ep ONORE DECADE!!!

this week meet Akechi Mitsuhide with lost memory & is a detective.
see a headless body corpse yet wonder on it.
the "suspects" oh sure we see those "names" before maybe hmm?
each have different stories but did not do it.
then Akechi Mitsuhide wonder if was Morilanty did it?
ask Morilanty but revealed but it twist also reveal from her & Mitsuhide's "assistant" it was Akechi Mitsuhide did it.
so Akechi Mitsuhide see the body it was Nobunaga?!
cue big what it was all stage play (3 miko give flowers)?!
then the "assistant" tell Mitsuhide say words to say it all.
& ta da it was all dream with Mitsuhide confess i "whacked" Nobunaga?!

indeed this is went from lost memory to mystery to stage play to dream to INCEPTION & yet next ep is part 2 of Mitsuhide story!!!
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Aug 9, 2012 9:35 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
So the whole thing was all a stage play and I was like o____o

It was....good. There will be more interactions between the characters from what I've seen in the preview for the next episode and I'm definitely excited for next week!
Aug 9, 2012 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
GO_KLAC-IGER said:
the only words to say on this ep ONORE DECADE!!!

Nice one ^^

That was a very different episode.

(lots of pics below)

At beginning I tought the girls were doing some RP playing Detective.
But in the end it was a play, but then again it was just Akechi's nightmare in where... she killed Nobunaga, you bastards!

I didn't see it coming.
The story may progress now.
(or not, because there are still lots of girls in the opening to introduce)

Next ep a direct continue, like we had with Ambitious princess.
jasqueAug 9, 2012 9:44 PM
Aug 9, 2012 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
ive never given up and then been pulled back in to a show so many times as this show has done to me. theyve had a couple good episodes in a row and they are continuing mitsuhide for next week so thats another positive.

i was kinda thinking it was gonna be something like a movie shooting or a dream throughout the episode but i shouldve seen the ending coming. the show's first episode starts with mitsuhide's betrayal and she still thinks nobunaga is dead
Aug 9, 2012 11:06 PM

Sep 2009
THE DETECTIVE IS REALLY THE CULPRIT

ALSO THE WHOLE THING WAS A PLAY

ALSO THE ENTIRE PLAY WAS ALSO A DREAM

^ this made me crack up
in that garden I saw the tallest flower
Aug 10, 2012 12:57 AM

Jun 2008
I can't tell if this episode was really good or really bad.
Aug 10, 2012 4:08 AM

Dec 2011
Total homage to Robert Blake's character from Lost Highway in this.
Aug 10, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
A play that was a dream. Yup, total mind F.
Aug 11, 2012 10:16 AM

Jul 2008
About time we see Ranmaru and Mitsuhide again.
I still wonder what that mess at the start of episode 1 is.
Akechi and Ranmaru were both loyal retainer of Nobunaga, even though she truly beleive she killed Nobunaga (She wouldn't get that way from a dream) the start of the show tell us otherwhise.
Still maybe Akechi somehow caused all that mess.
All we know is that there was a big pillar of flame and Nobunaga entered it and disapeared into the future, from that point there's 2 way I think this could have went.

-That pillar was the source of all sengoku-era character moving to the future, a kind of portal to the future, either every sengoku-era character took it, either it kept expanding all over Japan or either there were similar pillar in different regions.

-Nobunaga died, followed by Ranmaru and Mitsuhide that couldn't bear losing their leaders. The future we see is the 'sengoku-era general's heaven', basically the place after death. Every leader of the sengoku era died at some point so if we assume that the only way to get there is to die this could makes sense, obviously there's no way to return and I beleive that in the end Nobunaga will chose to stay with her friends in this new world.
A world that isn't in war but in peace, where everyone seem united, a world where those girls could lives as girls instead of warriors, a world where your past ennemy can become your friend. Maybe she'll realise that at some point.
AlycenAug 11, 2012 10:23 AM
Aug 12, 2012 9:15 AM

Jun 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Akechi and Ranmaru were both loyal retainer of Nobunaga, even though she truly beleive she killed Nobunaga (She wouldn't get that way from a dream) the start of the show tell us otherwhise.
All we know is that there was a big pillar of flame and Nobunaga entered it and disapeared into the future, from that point there's 2 way I think this could have went.

-That pillar was the source of all sengoku-era character moving to the future, a kind of portal to the future, either every sengoku-era character took it, either it kept expanding all over Japan or either there were similar pillar in different regions.

-Nobunaga died, followed by Ranmaru and Mitsuhide that couldn't bear losing their leaders. The future we see is the 'sengoku-era general's heaven', basically the place after death. Every leader of the sengoku era died at some point so if we assume that the only way to get there is to die this could makes sense, obviously there's no way to return and I beleive that in the end Nobunaga will chose to stay with her friends in this new world.
A world that isn't in war but in peace, where everyone seem united, a world where those girls could lives as girls instead of warriors, a world where your past ennemy can become your friend. Maybe she'll realise that at some point.

Well, im not sure if i remembered correctly but if im not wrong in the real history Mitsuhide killed Nobunaga in a temple that was on fire. So i THINK that kinda links.
Aug 12, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
ArcanaTrace said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

Well, im not sure if i remembered correctly but if im not wrong in the real history Mitsuhide killed Nobunaga in a temple that was on fire. So i THINK that kinda links.

Checking it up you're right, he betrayed him in the end and made him commit seppuku.
Aug 13, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
oh wow lol, that was some nice twist. cool to see Mitsuhide and Ranmaru! can't wait for next ep.
Aug 15, 2012 9:56 PM
Jun 2008
The plot thickens...for this character
Aug 16, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2011
This was really good. It reminded me at first of CSI, but given what CSI is based off of it could be any number of investigative stories.
Aug 20, 2012 7:32 PM

Aug 2011
Oooh that ending.

I disliked this episode and when it turned into a play, I was a little confused. At least the final moments more than made up for it.
Mar 17, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode, this series is quite underrated! I do wonder though what exactly is going on, was everything a dream, a memory; did it really happen or not? Guess I'll find out in the next episodes. 5/5.
Apr 19, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2012
Pretty weird episode but pretty good one, let's see what's next!
Sep 5, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
Quite good episode. Why I didnt evr thought the simple trick that how did they know that the body belonged to Ayako? I was careless.

3.6/5
Nov 12, 2017 8:21 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I knew it was strange seeing Ieyasu as someone else...... LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 13, 2022 12:12 PM

Feb 2020
So, it was only a play, but it was also a dream, lol.

Pretty confusing episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Collection Episode 26 Discussion

GotenSakurauchi - Sep 27, 2012

40 by Serafos »»
Mar 14, 2022 1:59 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Collection Episode 25 Discussion

Yvese - Sep 20, 2012

17 by Serafos »»
Mar 14, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Collection Episode 24 Discussion

TheAyaya - Sep 13, 2012

17 by Serafos »»
Mar 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Collection Episode 23 Discussion

Kaengel - Sep 6, 2012

23 by Serafos »»
Mar 14, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Collection Episode 22 Discussion

TheAyaya - Aug 30, 2012

13 by Serafos »»
Mar 14, 2022 4:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.