Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2008 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got a lil glance of Peony. :D Jade, you never fail to amuse me. "Luke-sama." Welp, no Indignation and high spells with him for awhile. >:

I love what Anise's reaction when she fell out the window. XD Hell yea it's Asch! <3 And Legretta! And and Ariettaaaaa, you're sooo cute! *glomps*

But aww, they didn't include the lil joke with Jade and the boxes? >: I really REALLY wanted that. ;_; It made me laugh so much.

& it's enter the amazing Guy! <3333 kufufu. I love when Tear tries to shake his hand and he dashes away so quick. :D Poor Tear at the end. Now, Luke's starting to realize how these battles really go.

So it looks like Dist and Sync are reserved for next week. :]
MikaaaOct 11, 2008 10:57 AM
Oct 11, 2008 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
when i took a glimps at the end of what happen to tear did that happen in the game i don't really remember.
Oct 11, 2008 3:00 PM
Sep 2007
how did you guys see it...cant find it anywhere
Oct 11, 2008 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
i saw the raw on youtube
Oct 11, 2008 3:04 PM
Sep 2007
i looked on youtube, but couldnt find it...
Oct 11, 2008 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
Well I saw it live but anyways, just searched one for now so I'll send you a link in PM.
Oct 11, 2008 3:11 PM
Sep 2007
thanks.

youre lucky to see it live.
Oct 11, 2008 3:35 PM
Sep 2007
thanks again.

im really enjoying the pacing of the show. the animation seems rough sometimes, but it is still good. cant wait to show the bigger fights. hopefully they dont rush them.
Oct 11, 2008 6:23 PM

Sep 2008
Episode 3 is already out? What day is it actually aired?
Oct 11, 2008 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Blaze-San said:

It's aired on Saturdays.

But the raws are hiding. :-s
Oct 11, 2008 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Riah said:
Blaze-San said:

It's aired on Saturdays.

that should be fixed on the animes information since it says oct3, anyways
guess we wont be getting the subs tonight....
Oct 11, 2008 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
mrSmiles said:
Riah said:
Blaze-San said:

It's aired on Saturdays.

that should be fixed on the animes information since it says oct3, anyways
guess we wont be getting the subs tonight....

Oct 3 (Friday) was the day it first aired. :) But they aired it back-to-back and the second episode was shown the very next day, and I think it's going to be aired on Saturdays from now on.
Oct 11, 2008 11:37 PM

Jul 2008
GREAT EPISODE! Story progress, so it seems there something going in the kingdom. A war has already begun but people aren't aware of it. Secretive War?

I like Anise in this one she seemed more MOE. Especially after finding out that Luke is a prince! This episode got a lot more serious with Luke getting paranoia about the killing of other human beings as opposed to animals. A common symptom found among those going for the first to war and killing a human being for the first time.

I HATED WHEN TEARS GOT CUT UP FOR LUKE! LUKE YOU IDIOT!

Jade IS LIKE ME. A NECROMANCER! Now I know why INDIGNATION WAS AMAZING!

We meet two other people but I am not aware who they are or their purpose yet.

HIGHLIGHTS

Anise is MOE

JADE'S ATTACKS ARE AWESOME AS USUAL and WTF is that cube ANYONE!?

BATTLES GET BLOODIER!

TEARS! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT WHAT IS THAT THING ION HANDS OVER TO ANISE??
angel999Oct 12, 2008 9:38 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 12, 2008 12:28 AM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
This sucks everyone is ahead already. I will BRB!

Yeah, because being first to watch it means a lot.

gg released their subs for the episode. That stupid Luke got Tear injured AND he's a pansy for killing someone but acted all high and mighty before!? Such blashemy. >:|
Oct 12, 2008 4:58 AM

Jun 2008
Pure awsomeness.
Oct 12, 2008 6:03 AM

Jan 2008
Seems a like next episode is a bit rushed seeing as how they already to the part where they're in the mansion...

Hopefully they show luke using Lighting Tiger Blade :3

Anyways, Arietta needs to be more loli and moe.
Oct 12, 2008 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
finally its sub
this anime is awesome
its noting compare to the other tales of anime
Oct 12, 2008 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode. Decent coverage of the events in the Tartarus, and a good amount of action as well.

Looks like next episode will cover everything until Choral Castle, which is quite a lot. I hope it turns out good and not too rushed.

And of course I look forward to seeing more mystic artes. Thunder Blade was nice, but I want Mystic Cage. Radiant Howl will probably show later.

And yeah, I'm hoping to see some FoF attacks in the future too.
Eternal_BlazeOct 13, 2008 5:13 AM
Oct 12, 2008 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Finally saw it. Am I the only one disappointed with the animation? I hate warped faces.
Oct 12, 2008 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
cool episode. lol that kid got his first taste of blood. not bad considering he was boxed in all his life.

ion hands over the peace treaty to anise.
Oct 12, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode! Luke's starting to learn what battle's mean, I like characters who develop in that way and aren't just adapted to fighting straight away. Although, stupid baka! You got Tear hurt D8

Guy is just ... lol when he ran away from Tear I laughed so much xD And Jades really starting to grow on me :3

All in all great episode, can't wait for the next one xD

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 12, 2008 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
Stupid glowing blood censor is stupid. Unless it has something to do with magic. Luke's inability to do battle was aweful — I could kill someone easier than that pansy (I hate characters like that). Other than that, I now like Jade, and Luke still delivered @ being annoying. "You know, you're annoying too."

Anise' reaction to getting throw out of the window was golden.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 12, 2008 12:30 PM

Oct 2008
It just keeps getting better after each episode, one of the few game to anime adaptions that seems to actually be decent.
Oct 12, 2008 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
Luke has to be one of the bitchiest main characters in a long time for me. You learn to fight with a sword and don't expect to kill anyone? Stupid. And Guy just appeared with no explaination. Ridiculous.
Oct 12, 2008 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
Lots of battling this episode. Jade was awesome as ever <3 and it was nice to see the first of the god generals show up (looks like Dist's next week). It feels like they're moving pretty quickly, but I'd say the game's plot is long enough that they can do that without running out of material.

Also, lol at Mieu: "Master, you're wrong, Mieu is a boy!"

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Oct 12, 2008 9:16 PM

Nov 2006
Aahaha I'm excited to see Dist next week. <3

Tear and Legretta and Guy and Jade ftw~
Oct 12, 2008 9:22 PM

Aug 2007
I love how this is progressing. <3 It looks like they might reach Akzeriuth by episode 6 or 7, maybe.
Oct 12, 2008 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
Anise getting thrown outside a window was amazingly funny.
And I pretty much love Jade, mmm. <3

The storyline is going on smooooothly~...

Dist next episode!
BEAST!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2008 11:40 PM

Jul 2007
I couldn't help but laugh @ the epic Ligers on Griffins aerial attack XD

Anyway, I'm enjoying this series a lot more than I thought I would and I really like the OP theme.
TrieOct 12, 2008 11:54 PM
Oct 12, 2008 11:59 PM

Mar 2008
http://www.anilinkz.com/veoh/Watch%20Tales%20Of%20The%20Abyss%203%20Sub%20Stream/v16228306qGs6WWWh/

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Oct 13, 2008 12:49 AM

Apr 2007
Enter the amazing Guy woot

Wow the anime is alot better then i expected...hurray for half view of Asch's face. Anise seems alot funnier in the anime than the game lol

Synch next episode!!~ can't wait for him to appear

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Oct 13, 2008 1:22 AM

Aug 2006
Good stuff. So far I'm impressed but.....I don't know how they will get the whole game in 26 episodes without it becoming to rushed...:S

Well here's hoping.
Oct 13, 2008 1:22 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode.
Oct 13, 2008 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
running_lemon said:
Good stuff. So far I'm impressed but.....I don't know how they will get the whole game in 26 episodes without it becoming to rushed...:S

Well here's hoping.

Apparently they say that the game is soooooooo long that it should not be a problem.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 13, 2008 10:16 AM

Dec 2007
Damn, this episode is awesomeee !
Here some screenshots :

MOE + KAWAII

Oct 13, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2006
angel999 said:
running_lemon said:

Well here's hoping.

Apparently they say that the game is soooooooo long that it should not be a problem.

That's what I mean. I hope the game is not to long for 26 episodes and they have to start cutting a lot out and rushing the plot to make it fit. Seems like that will probably happen, but I hope I'm wrong.
Oct 13, 2008 4:31 PM

Oct 2007
episode was pretty good... damn makes me want to play the game!...
Oct 14, 2008 1:49 AM
Sep 2008
good episode.... Luke swords are for killing didn't Van teach you that..
LoL at Mieu saying it was a boy and Tear saying it's still cute.
If that guy is afraid of woman how come he was okay with the Princess in the first episode???
Oct 14, 2008 3:44 AM

Aug 2008
I have absolutely no idea who's fighting who and why, but it doesn't matter that much.

On the other hand, Mr. Idontlikekillinpeople Sassypants Hippieguy is a bit annoying. Get your balls back man, the chick almost lost her arm because of you! And what's with the radioactive glowing blood?
Oct 14, 2008 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:
I have absolutely no idea who's fighting who and why, but it doesn't matter that much.

On the other hand, Mr. Idontlikekillinpeople Sassypants Hippieguy is a bit annoying. Get your balls back man, the chick almost lost her arm because of you! And what's with the radioactive glowing blood?

Right now they have to kill MOHS guy but originally it there two faction battles: Conservatives VS Reformists of the religion of the Fonons, which is a belief system of this setup.
Oct 14, 2008 4:31 AM

Aug 2008
angel999 said:
Kvakond said:

Right now they have to kill MOHS guy but originally it there two faction battles: Conservatives VS Reformists of the religion of the Fonons, which is a belief system of this setup.

Thanks, it's a bit better know
Oct 14, 2008 11:15 AM

Sep 2006
Kvakond said:
And what's with the radioactive glowing blood?

...seriously. What's the point of censoring it with a glow if its going to be shown pooling on the ground normally a few seconds later...

Still no complaints about the animation otherwise. Its really nice to see those cutscenes in the game done with sprites now fully and nicely animated~
KuisanagiOct 14, 2008 11:19 AM
Oct 14, 2008 12:27 PM

Jul 2008
Kuisanagi said:
Kvakond said:

...seriously. What's the point of censoring it with a glow if its going to be shown pooling on the ground normally a few seconds later...

Still no complaints about the animation otherwise. Its really nice to see those cutscenes in the game done with sprites now fully and nicely animated~

Not really censored always, when you see the soldiers at one point lying around I see the red blood and not some radioactive crap.
Oct 14, 2008 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
Kuisanagi said:
Kvakond said:

I agree, totally stupid but hey, at least we have blood.

For those who say the "Enter the Amazing Guy !" scene was ridiculous, I would agree, but as it turns out, Guy wasn't just searching aimlessly and neither just "casually" found the party inside a giant land dreadnought. But then again, I will keep being a very mean spoileriffic person for those of you who didn't play the game if I say anything further.

And as it stands right now:
- Bad guys = Conservative Order of Lorelai cronies who want to star a war for reasons yet to be told.
- Good Guys = "current" Malkuth Empire and Reformist Order of Lorelai members who desire to stop said war.
- Neutral but leaning toward the bad side of the spectrum = Kimslasca-Lanvaldear who may or may not want a war.

I loved how they take the visual approach instead of telling us things, like in the game, which will serve to speed up some scenes in the future. I especifically loved how they animated the ligers anihilating the soldiers, which the game actually pussied out of showing (we only got the "It's a pack of ligers ! *death yells*" part in the game). They certainly were a lot more closer to the game in everything and didn't took any creative license in this episode, which isn't really bad, considering this part was good and had a nice pace. Looking forward to the next episode.

Oct 14, 2008 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
People who complain about Luke being a pansy need to think about his situation for a minute. This is Luke we're talking about. He's been isolated in that mansion for years now since that kidnapping and hasn't really gotten his hands dirty doing anything. And now he's just killed someone (albeit out of self-defense) and you're expecting him to just shrug his shoulders and get over it? Come on. I don't think so. And about people who say they could 'kill easier than Luke could' - please. There are a lot of things people think (or want to believe) they can do but when it really comes down to it and you're in that sticky situation yourself, chances are you'll have some problems carrying that out.

Anyway. About the episode - Jade is so my favorite character. Besides the fact that he's voiced by Koyasu Takehito, I just love the mages (which is why I loved playing as Genis in Symphonia) and his sarcasm is just win =D
Oct 14, 2008 6:15 PM

May 2007
Iriya said:
People who complain about Luke being a pansy need to think about his situation for a minute. This is Luke we're talking about. He's been isolated in that mansion for years now since that kidnapping and hasn't really gotten his hands dirty doing anything. And now he's just killed someone (albeit out of self-defense) and you're expecting him to just shrug his shoulders and get over it? Come on. I don't think so. And about people who say they could 'kill easier than Luke could' - please. There are a lot of things people think (or want to believe) they can do but when it really comes down to it and you're in that sticky situation yourself, chances are you'll have some problems carrying that out.

True true. And for the people who are complaining, just let the freaking show progress and I'm sure things will turn out for the better. Well, I would know since I've beaten the game.

Anyway, another great episode. This adaptation is really giving me confidence that Sunrise is doing this right.

Enter the amazing Guy.

PS: Iriya, I seem to be posting right after you a number of times now. =P
Oct 14, 2008 9:09 PM

May 2008
is it just me or is the blood glowing or something when it gushes out?????

and great episode and luke dumb tear got hurt because of his weakness
Oct 15, 2008 9:20 AM
Dec 2007
gdrocks said:
is it just me or is the blood glowing or something when it gushes out?????
No it's just you... -_- everyone and their mother has already mentioned it. They did some sort of glowy effect to the blood for some stupid reason (maybe as semi-censoring).

Oct 15, 2008 3:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a great episode. It's been a while since I enjoyed a Fantasy anime made from a game.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 15, 2008 3:52 PM

Oct 2008
you guys know what's not cool? neon red blood! great episode nonetheless.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I'm on ep 6, and I REALLY want to drop this now...

Kirukato05 - Jun 19, 2022

7 by Sir-C »»
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

» Differences between the anime and the game?

FactualTakes12 - Apr 18, 2023

3 by FactualTakes12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

78 by AtroceWins »»
Jan 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

62 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

direbliss - Apr 8, 2009

104 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Nov 12, 2020 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.