Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2012 8:32 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Strange no one made a thread for this very good episode yet!
It was a very emotional episode I really cried when they where standing before the fountain!
Apr 26, 2013 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Boba_Fett said:
Strange no one made a thread for this very good episode yet!
It was a very emotional episode I really cried when they where standing before the fountain!

Really? Hmmm.
It was a good episode.
Jun 19, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Random earworm passing by
Dango! Dango! Dango! Dango! Dango Daikazoku!
Dec 15, 2014 1:35 AM

May 2011
(So to say, this is my first Kanon anime. Not comparing it with the 2006 version, said to be the better one.)
The scenario for this episode was great, although I do have my qualms for the pacing and development of this episode. Firstly, the fact that Shiori had such a terrible illness was not even portrayed at all in this episode (except for the momentary scene in the hospital); secondly, the 'miracle' which made her recover after her birthday was not even there, not to mention explained; and lastly, the time which Yuuichi spends with Shiori was just swiftly touched on by a few short scenes, making their relationship extremely forced and unnatural. They just brush off her character like it was nothing, spending only ONE episode on her...and now the next episode is on Makoto. One can see that Toei's rushing things already. Good that they have realised spending way too much time on Mai.
While the amount of time on Mai was appropriate, the overall 13-episode length was far from enough to cover 5 different girls. It is already episode 10, and there still are 3 girls remaining, with Shiori just concluding like that in ONE episode. Far from satisfied with the entire anime, but satisfied about this episode. I guess it must be budget issues.
I guess Shiori's the only girl not involved in Yuuichi's past eh? And I was hoping for more backstory and drama behind Shiori's relationship with Yuuichi...disappointing. Shiori is a very good character to develop, given her illness and complicated relationship with her sister.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
That was a nice episode, didn't cry, but it was still heartwarming and touching.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2021 4:31 AM

Oct 2007
really like Shiori and Yuichi's dance in front of the fountain.
Aug 15, 2023 10:46 AM

Nov 2010
Kaori is nicer and less bitchy compared to the remake. I like this version of her better.

Shiori's arc is better here compared to the remake. I like the dancing scene and Kaori scolding her for attempting suicide and then reconciling with each other.
Mar 6, 3:18 PM

Jul 2023
A mysterious girl at the end made an impression that she would like to become part of Yuuichi's harem, but ad yhe preview says, she knows the real deal with Makoto, probably an illness like Shiori.

Speaking of Shiori, her arc was resolved fast. I don't know in the remake, but for maximum effect, 2 or 3 episodes could've been used to draw the most emotions from viewers.

Anyway, now I got the taste of the sad story that Jun Made made. I can only read descriptions but it is the first time I've experienced it. I don't know what awaits me in Air and Clannad, but it looks good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon Episode 13 Discussion

xel - Jun 7, 2008

28 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2012

7 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2012

8 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 7, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 10 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 31, 2011

14 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 8 Discussion

Mizore951 - May 13, 2011

10 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.